Am hoping you can help?

Hi. I dont know if you lovely ladies can help me, but I hope so. The thing is, this isn’t related to breast cancer but it is about breast disfigurement and the practicalities and trauma of that. My friend never developed properly and has had a few operations but a long time ago now so the results were not good. Her breast is still unsightly and a different suze to the other and she also has a “dent” in the area above. She has tried to come to terms with it for years, unsuccessfully.  She us now in her 60s and it is still a big issue for her. I suggested that although this forum is for breast cancer ladies, that there are so many things you have in common that there may be people who were generous enough to offer her support and advice? She seeks constantly for a suitable padding for the disfigured breast and her confidence is zero because she thinks everyone can notice. She was too anxious to pose a question on here - hence me doing so.  She could so do with some support from people who understand. Can anyone advise if she would be ok to register on here? Many thanks. 

carbon

Hello Fi13,
What a lovely friend you are, and I’m do glad your friend has your support and understanding. Though your friend hasn’t had breast cancer, it sounds as though she still needs support. Breast Cancer Care provide lots of information around support in buying suitable bras and prosthetics. I would suggest your friend contacts the Helpline as the staff there are lovely.
They also hold lingerie evenings and you might ask where are whether your friend could go? It’s amazing what can be done to help those of us who feel disfigured to regain our confidence.
I really hope your friend can access some support.
Rattles x