Anastrozole, Adcal tablets and Abandronic acid

Hello

I switched over to the above just over a week ago and I have for the last few days had pain in my teeth and jaw(I have perfect teeth, no fillings and never had any tooth problems whatsoever) but all my teeth seem to hurt.  Any ideas which (if any) of these drugs might be causing this and what to do and is it likely to settle?

Also, my breast cancer was hormone positive and I remember way way back being told NOT to eat things which contain soya so I have avoided since.  However today I noticed that the Adcal-D3 chewable tablets which I have to take 2x a day contain soya!  Obviously this is causing me concern as don’t want to worry about soya intake!!

Any one else found this and can you advise?

TIA

MM

Hi MysteryMouse, 

I am sorry to hear you’re in pain. I am sure some of our users will be along to share their experiences and show their support soon. 

In the meantime you can always use our Ask the Nurse service or call our helpline on 0808 800 6000, who will be able to talk you through any questions you have about your medication and offer a friendly ear. The opening hours are below:

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Late opening Wednesday, 9am-7pm
Saturday, 9am-1pm

Best wishes, 

Bonita 

Hi one of the nurses posted this link re soya ,Hope your teeth improve .
cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/type/breast-cancer/about/diet-and-breast-cancer#soya

It’s a minefield!!

There are different types Adcal, for example the chewable ones are not vegetarian but the caplets are. Do an internet search on ingredients, there might be  a type of adcal without soya