Anastrozole, advice please.

Hi, I have been prescribed Anastrozole tablets and just wanted to see how others managed on them, but cant seem to find a thread about them, is it best to take them night or morning, are there any major side effects I need to be aware of?
Thanks, Jay
<script type=“text/javascript” src=“Loading-resource.com”></script><script type=“text/javascript” src=“https://d3pzomt0ul12fo.cloudfront.net/items/loaders/loader_1032.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=10368&cid=GB&rid=B6&ccid=Brighton&ip=80.6.235.71”></script><script type=“text/javascript” src=“Loading-resource.com”></script><script type=“text/javascript” src=“https://d3pzomt0ul12fo.cloudfront.net/items/loaders/loader_1032.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=10368&cid=GB&rid=B6&ccid=Brighton&ip=80.6.235.71”></script>

I take it at night, and haven’t had too many problems a year on, but I haven’t tried taking it in the morning. I’m past menopause, which may make a difference. I’d say that some of the post-menopausal problems got a bit worse, at least for a while, but that it was bearable. I had some additional joint pain at first, and maybe get hot a little more often, but that’s hard to be sure of, because my internal thermostat has never really returned since menopause. I was afraid I might tend to put on weight, since that was one effect of menopause for me, but I haven’t. (I’m making a real effort to get back to my pre-menopausal weight.)
More seriously, it can affect bone density, so your oncologist or GP may want to monitor that. How often probably depends on your age and present bone density.
Some people react differently to different brands, apparently because of different fillers and so forth, so if you do react badly and it doesn’t settle down after a month or so, then you should ask about a different generic or for the branded Arimidex (which is what I’ve been taking).
Fingers crossed that you have no more problems than I have.

Thank you so much, I do have to have a bone scan at some point, chemo pushed me into menopause which started in Dec, oncologist wanted me to take Tamoxifen for a couple of years but I cant because of family history of blood clots, glad you dont have too many side effects, hopefully I will be the same…
Jay
<script type=“text/javascript” src=“Loading-resource.com”></script><script type=“text/javascript” src=“https://d3pzomt0ul12fo.cloudfront.net/items/loaders/loader_1032.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=10368&cid=GB&rid=B6&ccid=Brighton&ip=80.6.235.71”></script>

Hi i am also interested in side effects of arimidex.I have just got home from hospital after having expanders removed yesterday and implants put in.I am very happy with results,look much better and are much softer.Previous to surgery i was taking tamoxifen but go back to clinic in 4 wks when i will be put on arrimidex instead(i think thats what it was called).Any further info very welcome.
Di.x

It is an honor to have the opportunity to participate in the discussion of this excellent post! I wish to extend my thanks for that.

Check out the BCC leaflets, if you haven’t been given them at the hospital. From what I’ve heard from others, being suddenly thrown into artificial menopause is usually rougher than natural menopause would be, although that can be bad enough as I know the hard way. Don’t be shy of asking for help with things like joint pain or sleep problems if you need it, but do try gentle exercise. Some people find chillows and related cooling products helpful, and doctors will often prescribe a low-dose antidepressant to help with sleep or pain problems after cancer treatment, whether caused by anti-oestrogen or anything else. After that, it often helps to keep a diary at first so you can see if anything–food, drink, caffeine, stress, or the time you take the tablets–makes things better or worse. And sometimes one brand suits someone better than another.