cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anastrozole and curly hair going fine and straight

5 REPLIES 5
San_d

Re: Anastrozole and curly hair going fine and straight

I give up I'm definitely typing anastrozole! 

San_d

Oops spelling error - don't know how I done that - it should read anastomosis!

San_d

Thank you Annie for replying.  I hadn't looked at it that way;  that anastomosis must be working. 

Best wishes

San x

Annie22

Yes, I have. My hair came back and was as it had been - thick and wavy. I was on Tamoxifen. This caused a blood clot, so I was switched to anastrozole. That was a year ago. I now have very straight, thin hair, no eyebrows and a few stubby eyelashes. I had very thick hair before and it was my best feature, but this and being eyebrow and eyelash less is more upsetting than not having a breast. I know it's a very shallow thing to say, but you can't hide a bare face. When I could afford it I went for lash extensions, but I got sore eyes from that. I've tried all the suggested shampoos but in the end I've decided to work with what I have and wear it up in such a way that it covers the extra thin parts. I'm hoping that when I stop the drugs the hair will come back. Good luck, these extra side effects are just the icing on the cake aren't they? The positive I take out of it is that it means the hormones really are effectively being removed, which will mean less chance of more cancer.
Annie

Jo_BCC

Hi San_d

While you are waiting for replies from your fellow forum users, here's the link to BCC's publication regarding hair loss and how to care for your hair/scalp following treatment.

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/treatment-side-effects/breast-cancer-hair-loss-bcc5...

Also here's the link to the area of this website for our Headstrong service.

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-services/information-support-sessions/headstrong

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

San_d

Anastrozole and curly hair going fine and straight

i have been taking anastrozole for 3 weeks my hair which was thick and curly is now very fine and curls are going also the hair is falling out.  Has anyone else had this happen?