cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anastrozole and vitamin supplements

4 REPLIES 4
poemsgalore

Re: Anastrozole and vitamin supplements

Yes sml, there is a linseed omega 3 capsule. A bit more expensive than fish oil, but it's supposed to be just as good - or perhaps even better. I hope your seroma clears soon so that you can start RADS. I refused them as I have a serious lung condition and didn't want to take any risks. But as I'm on Anastrazole, I preferred to rely on that.

Maryland

Hi....my Oncologist has an holistic approach and advised me to try and get 75% of what I need vitamin and mineral wise through food and drink, and top up with supplements on just 5 days per week. I take a hair, skin and nails supplement which has helped with TAX damage to nails, and encouraged hair growth, sadly not thickness, as Anastrozole can cause hair thinning 😞 Started Anastrozole in August 2012. Take various other supplements e.g. Chondroitin/glucosamine for Anastrozole induced achey joints and a maximum anti oxidant with selenium, vits A C E and zinc. Hope that helps and that your wound heals up quickly so that you can start rads.....all the best x

SML1903

Hi.  Thanks for your reply poemsgalore. Yes I am waiting to have the DEXA scan so will hopefully hear about that soon. I had surgery 6 weeks ago but have been unable to start radiotherapy as had a really bad seroma which became infected. I have been seeing my surgeon 2 x a week to have it aspirated and he had to reopen my wound to remove clots. Still have a slight leak so goodness knows when I will start the rads. The hospital keep phoning on a weekly basis to see how I am and then say I need to wait longer. 

I can't take fish oils but I think there is a vegetarian option so may get some of those. The vitabiotics is a brand name and specially for hair, nails and skin which I get from boots as you can usually buy 3 packs for the price of 2.

poemsgalore

Your onco should send you for a DEXA scan before starting Anastrazole, I had one and was found to have Osteopenia (bone thinning) so have Adcal +D3 on prescription, but also take stem ginger capsules, EPO + starfruit capsules, Vitamin C high strength and Omega 3 fish oils. Don't know if these are the supplements you mean. 

poemsgalore x

SML1903

Anastrozole and vitamin supplements

Hi. I saw my consultant oncologist last night and I am due to start taking Anastrozole when I start my radiotherapy. I asked lots of questions but forgot one which is can I take Vitabiotic supplemnts for hair, nails and skin along with the Anastrozole? Is there anyone who is taking vitamin supplements and Anastrozole?