Anastrozole tablets and zoladex injections?

I’m about to start on this hormone therapy, the anastrozole tablets combined with the zoladex injections once a month. Has anyone else had this? I am only 38 so premenopausal, my onc has said I will go into menopause- I’m a bit anxious to be honest can anyone share with me experiences? Please! I would be so grateful for any info

Emma

Hi Emma
Sorry you haven’t had replies as yet, you are also welcome to call our helpliners to talk your concerns over, lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays on 0808 800 6000

You may find some of the information contained via this link to the BCC 'Menopausal symptoms and breast cancer treatments: useful:

breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-information/impact-breast-cancer/pregnancy-fertility-menopause/menopausal-symptoms-after-treatment

Take care
Lucy BCC

Emma - don’t worry too much, they aren’t all bad.  Like you I was 38 when I was diagnosed and have been on Arimidex and Zoladex for nearly 7 years (had a little tamoxifen holiday for a few months, developed DVT and had to go back on the AI’s).

The side effects for me in the early days were quite small.  Bit of aching bones, tired and stuff, but nothing that I wasn’t used to after chemo and radio!  They did get better and I can honestly say that I was fine up until I had to go back onto it after the Tamoxifen holiday.  My hair has thinned a lot and my nails suffered, but fingers crossed my nails are now fine and the hair seems to be coming back.

I’m off for my monthly stabbing later today…after all this time, its less of a problem than the dentist :).

Happy to talk more if it helps, good luck xx

Wendy

Hi Emma. I’m also 38 and just started on zoladex injections and letrozole tablets. Had first jab at start of October and been on tablets for just over three weeks, so far no side effects at all - long may this continue! Next jab on Monday.