And so the saga goes on.

Just needed to put my feelings down again as this is best place to let things out without fear of upsetting my family.

I had a Mx with DIEP reconstruction to my right breast due to DCIS and LCIS at the end of May, also had a reduction to my left side to try and match the new size of the right.  After the reduction it was found that I also had DCIS in the left breast.  It was then decided that I need a WLE to check how close to the margins I might be, the results from that have determined that there was more DCIS in there so the outcome is that last week I had another Mx and reconstruction with a Braxton expander implant.  I’m taking antibiotics and painkillers but I’m not sure how long the pain will last.  This seems a different kind of pain to when I had the DIEP op.  I was due to start radiotherapy (to right breast) in October but that has now been delayed until I’m healed and I get the results from this last operation.  I had SN removed on both sides and thankfully they were found to be clear but now I’m beginning to think what else can possibly go wrong? 

Thanks for listening.

Oh Rosetint you really have been through it this year. Definitely come here to rant instead of upsetting your family - although you may find that they will listen and support you with more than a virtual hug!

I originally had mastectomy with immediate implant exactly 3 years ago on 22nd! After many complications and revisions I had it removed and replaced with DIEP at the end of August.

I do remember the pain being very different after the mastectomy - although in my case I have only had the one side done. The mastectomy and implant was very painful for a couple of weeks in the shoulder, arm and neck. This time round the initial pain has been all in the belly which has taken my mind off the breast!

They are very different ops and so I guess the pain and recovery are going to be different, especially as this is your second major surgery in a matter of months. Many ladies report pain with the expander and port. This time around you have foreign bodies inside you which will take some adjusting to.

I think the antidote is time and patience which isn’t available on the NHS!

I hope it eases up soon and you can continue with your treatment. Try not to worry about the delay. My onc wanted a max six weeks between surgery and
rads but that turned into 12 and all went well.

Xx