Anmidex

Hi All

I am going to start taking Anmidex when my prescription is ready from docs. Is there anyone else on this drug and how is it affecting u side effects etc. Any comments would be most welcome.

Angie

Hi Angie

I’ve been taking Arimidex for 10 years. I had a fair bit of joint pain ,mainly in my fingers and thumbs,which eased after a few weeks. You should also be offered regular DEXA scans as it can affect bone health. I had a baseline scan then scanned every 2 - 3 years. I have been taking Alendronic Acid for around 9 years to counteract the mild osteopenia I have, which has remained stable.Some people seem to have more severe side effects but mine have been very bearable.

Hi Angie, I have been on Arimidex ( Anastrozole is it’s other name you might see ladies on her refer to) for a year now. At first I had headaches but they only lasted a few weeks. The hot flushes got worse than I remember before I took this but I found certain things trigger them like alcohol, after a hot drink or food and they are worse at night time. I invested in a Chillow pillow to use at night and it really helps. They cost about £25 on Amazon.
I have fibromyalgia and also osteo arthritis and my surgeon did warn me that this drug would make my aches and pains worse and it has but it is manageable . In December I developed problems with my hands and had two ‘trigger’ fingers and a thumb. Reading the information sheet that comes with the tablets it was listed as a less common side effect. I have had treatment from my GP which has helped.
Keep the information sheet handy and check it every so often if you think something about you is different.
The Oncologist did say if I could not tolerate Anastrozole then she could put me on something else but that it was the best drug for my type of cancer and asked me to try and stay on it. My GP has reinforced this saying he wants me to stay on it for as long as possible. So whilst there are side effects they can be tolerated in my case anyway , as I don’t want my cancer to come back!.
So stick with it and see your GP if you get any problems as most can be sorted out. Take care, Katy.

Hi
Thanks for the replies. Just got my Anastrozole tablets today. Going to start them tomorrow a bit apprehensive reading others side effects but we will see how they go. Take care everyone.

Angie. X

Hi

I started taking it 2 weeks ago don’t have vaginal discharge. I was told that I might get vaginal bleeding in the first few weeks.Do have a bit of constipation at times. No other side affects as yet. Got my dexa scan on 13th March. I am sure someone may have had that problem and will reply to u soon. Take Care.
Angie