1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annual Mammogram and Pain

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Annual Mammogram and Pain

Just seen your message, thank you!  Despite all the tablets, the mammogram was extreemly painful and I burst into tears when it was finished, how embarrassing! They have scrapped the one stop shop at the hospital so I was told that I would get a call back 'in the next few days' only if they needed me to go back. No call after two days so I am hoping this is good news? Will probably call my BCN anyway if I have not heard from them within a week. Very sore and swollen still but, hey ho, at least it is done now.  Sue x

All the best for tomorrow Sue. xx

Thank you for your reply Bibi, I have the cocodamol ready and also Gabapentin which I take anyway.I attend a one stop shop at the hosptial and it also happens to be the breast consultants clinic day as well so should the need arise all is in place. I guess the disappointment at the failed injections is just adding to the worry but as you say it should all be over very quickly. Thanks again  Sue x

Susu I would take some cocodamol before hand to blunt the pain. Mine isn't too bad day to day, but I could feel it when I had the mammo on the vertical squeeze. Ask the radiographer to adjust the plates manually, it seems to help. That said it was over in a flash. The mammo causes a bit of anxiety, so if there is any chance of being seen in a one-stop clinic where you get the result there & then, I would highly recommend it. Good luck xxx

Annual Mammogram and Pain

Hi all, had a call yesterday to book my 2nd mammogram for next Wednesday and am now in panic mode. Silly I know, but I am still in constant pain 18 months on from the end of my treatment and had pinned all my hopes on four nerve block injections done in early December. Sadly they have not helped at all so it feels like I am back to square one and am now also crossing my fingers that next weeks test is ok. Sue x