Annual mammos after bc twice

Had bc in 2008 and again in 2014. How do i now deal with the anxiety each mammo brings? Confidence was building only to b knocked back again last year. Anyone experienced this?

Hi Lolly. Similar experience as had BC in 2002 and again in 2014. Having 1st mammo since treatment next Friday and am terrified! Not sure how we can cope but have no choice ! Think I will be in bits. If only the results could be just a few days instead of 2/3 weeks it would help. xx

I’ve had a similar experience unfortunately. First diagnosis Oct 2006 second Dec 2014.I am 44.
I am finding second time round much more difficult mentally although it was caught much earlier. I am having more emotional support this time from a local cancer care centre but am struggling. I had put Breast Cancer “in a box” but it’s back. Would be grateful to hear what has worked for others in this position as well as Lolly 73 Thanks

Hi all
I am sorry to read that you are having such a difficult time, I am posting a link to further support ideas from BCC which I hope you will find helpful:

breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-services

Take care
Lucy BCC

I think it is only natural to feel the way we do. After the first time I was naïve enough to think it couldn’t happen again and it did! So then we get to thinking it might happen again, I don’t know hope we stop the panics and worry, I’m in pieces in the waiting room and everyone else looks so calm, I just think they hode it better than me. Most of the time it’s easier to deal with so I guess we have to hang on to that and cope with the stress of an up and coming mamo.