Another Ultrasound.

I have JUST THIS MINUTE received a letter saying an appointment has been made for me for an ultrasound of the abdomen.  For the day after my surgery, which will have to change, but my stiff British upper liip or whatever it’s called has well and truly come unstuck.

Hi Pecan

Apologizes as I don’t know your diagnosis. Did you know that you were having this?

Because my BC was grade 3, I had a bone scan and a ct scan after surgery, as a precaution. This just may be standard practice for your type of BC. Also the different departments don’t seem to talk to each other, so you do get appointments at random times.

Sue xx

Is is possible it could be an error, Pecan?
Presumably your pre op tests were the standard bp, ecg, bloods & swabs, so I cant think why this should happen, especially as you had no idea & scans were clear.
I remember receiving an appointment for rheumatology from nowhere, which turned out to be an admin error.
As you say, it would have to arrive at the weekend when you can’t check it out.
There may well be a simple explanation for it.
ann x

Just to follow up - it turns out the US was requested by my GP on the 7/7 and it was only processed now.  I have managed to bring it forward so they will do it tomorrow, so now I can have my BC surgery on Wednesday in peace.

Cathy

That’s good news ,one less worry !!