Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another cyst????

3 REPLIES 3
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Another cyst????

Hi Dida,
sounds like you've got a good gp. I remember going to mine when I found my lump last July and he said it was nothing to worry about, but still referred me. Here' s hoping it turns out to be innocent. Let us know how you get on either way - as fiona says we're all here and ready to support if necessary. Btw - I'm a teacher too, 37 with 3 children!

Al
x

Hi dida

I am sorry to read that you are having such a worrying time at the moment, in addition to the wonderful help you will receive here, please feel free to call our helpline for further support and a 'listening ear', it's open weekdays 9-5 and Sat 9-2 on 0808 800 6000.

Best wishes
Lucy

Hi Di,

This has got to be the worst time, waiting for the appointment and then any results..At least you have been referred quickly by your doctor..better to be safe than sorry..Doctors are encouraged not to take any chances with lumps and send patients to the breast clinic even if in any doubt..I am no expert so couldn't say what the difference between cystic and not would be. You'll most definitely be given a mammogram and possibly an ultrasound, if needed they might do a biopsy as it is the only way of checking what's in the lump..

Feel free to come on here and voice your worries, better out than in!! We've all been where you're at now and know what the waiting feels like. I wish you all the best for Monday and hope all goes well, Please come on and let us know how you get on..

Best wishes
Fiona xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Another cyst????

Hi there,

I have found a lump in my left breast that got me a bit worried and I saw my GP last week. I have been to breast clinics a few times in the past and have several cysts within both breasts. I have also had a Hadfield's procedure (milk ducts removed) in my left breast when my nipple started bleeding, this ended up being duct ectasia. But this lump just seems very different from all those in the past. Its about the size of a small grape, solid, bumpy, it doesn't move, it is not in the slightest bit tender or sore and doesn't change at all through my cycle.

What worried me more was my GP saying it needed to be seen to quickly as he didn't think it felt 'cystic' whatever that means. I had an appointment for the hospital tomorrow morning after a week of worrying and though another 24 hours and this will be over. However, hospital rang today as doctor has been taken ill and clinic has been cancelled I now have to wait til Monday (typical as I am a teacher and its the 1st day back after 2 weeks easter break!)

Sorry I seem to have bleated on a bit, I have kept this worry to myself, why worry anyone else has been my philosophy. I am 41 and my mum was diagnosed when she was 48, not much of a family history but a history must start somewhere eh?

Anyway, bleating and woe is me rant over, back to silent worrying til Monday I guess.

Thanks for reading

Di