cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another meet up in Bristol?

Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Another meet up in Bristol?

It looks like only five - marmite, LottieLemon, aroma, Anne and me.

Lesley

AnneS

Sorry you're both not able to make it Debs and Celeste. You'll both be missed but hope there'll be another one maybe in June or July that you'll be able to come to.
Have been thinking of you Celeste. Hope you're doing ok.
How many are up for Bristol on the 13th. Am looking forward to it.
Anne xx

Guest user
Not applicable

oh i'd love to come but i'm afraid i'm coming back from suffolk that day - next time maybe

xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Bristol is fine we have family there so can stay over but with these appointments doubtful we will be able to.
Thanks for thinking of me Lesley.
Love Debsxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Oh, that's a shame Debs - but I'm sure there will be another meeting very soon anyway!! Maybe we could think about making the next one more in your direction, Exeter maybe? Or that may be too far for other people, I'm thinking of Anne in particular. Will have to give it some thought.

Lesley xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Gutted, I won't be able to make it 11th Ian's Birthday 12th clinic, 14th avastin/pamidronate. It's over 3 hours each way poo poo poo!

aroma

HI SEE YOU ALL THERE ,AND YES WE WILL RAISE A GLASS TO KATE ,IM SURE SHE WILL BE WITH US IN SPIRIT .X

AnneS

Count me in. Already looking forward to it. So sad that Kate won't be joining us but we should all raise a glass in her memory.
Take care all xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks Marmite, that sounds great, looking forward to it!

Lesley xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone,
I have booked Browns in Bristol for Wednesday may 13th from 11am for coffe and then lunch, for 8 people, a round table. So hope that is Ok for everyone. So hope as many as possble turn up and that I am the only one sitting there on my own!
Iam away in Spain from April 30th until Tuesday May 5th, at my son's wedding, but will be around after that if anyone needs instructions on how to get there.
Marmite xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Anne

I've had two chemos so far, the third is on 21st April so the fourth one will be the day before our meet-up (bloods etc permitting) I don't feel too bad at all really, no sickness at all, just very tired but that's par for the course I suppose!!

Lesley x

AnneS

Hi Lesley,
Thanks for your kind wishes. Am feeling a lot better at the moment thanks - the energy is coming back slowly and surely and am feeling brighter in general - really though I was sinking down but am coming up for air now!! Am due to go away with my dog next Wednesday which am looking forward to and hoping for nice weather!
Hope you are doing ok. Where are you up to with your chemo now and how are you feeling now?
Hope to see you on the 13th May.
Anne

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks Anne, hope you're feeling ok and had a nice break (think you've been away with the dog if memory serves me correctly?) I was told it was ok to have a couple of glasses of wine with the chemo I'm having although I have also been told there are certain chemos which interact really badly with alcohol. Steering clear of it now though just to be on the safe side!!

I'll do my best to make the 13th, will look forward to it

Lesley xx

AnneS

Nice to see you posting again Lesley. Been thinking of you. Sorry to hear of your experience in the restaurant. It's so difficult to judge it on chemo isn't it as it's important to have a life as well as pacing yourself and resting enough. I was advised not to have alcohol on chemo but you'd think half a glass on your birthday would be ok.
I do hope we do see you on the 13th but don't overdo it if you don't feel quite right.
Take care,
Anne x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Marmite, Lottie and everyone!! Sorry, have been a bit lax in looking on here lately - I have my chemo on 12th May but that may not matter as so far I've been feeling fine the day afterwards and it's been two or three days later that it's 'hit' me. So count me in for the 12th and if I feel terrible on the day then I'll just have to miss out 😞

Last Friday I went out for a meal to celebrate my birthday (three days post-chemo) thought I was feeling fine but ended up passing out cold in the restaurant (only had half a glass of wine too!) and going to A&E by ambulance as they couldn't get my blood pressure up. So I think next time I have chemo I'm going to take it a little more quietly, lol. To be honest I think I'd just overdone things every day last week and was really tired plus the restaurant was really hot and claustrophobic - bit scary though!!

I promise not to do that on the 13th!!

Lesley xx

Guest user
Not applicable

If you read this Lesley P please let me know if you have chemo on May 13th? I can't do the 20th as I have chemo then. I won'tbook anything until I hear from you. I am going away for a few days w-end after Easter, and Bank Holiday w-end beginning of May so will be out of touch for few days then.If I don't hear from you I will book for Wednesday may 13th 11am at Bowns on Park Street Bristol for about 8 people. Is that Ok everyone?
Marmite x

AnneS

Hi, I'm happy with May 13th and Browns sounds good. Bristol is easier for me too so am happy with that.I though I'd seen on another thread about meetups that LesleyLP had chemo that week but maybe I was mistaken.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi,

Are we staying with May 13? I could not see anything from Lesley that ruled that date out.... maybe I have missed a post? Anyway I can make that date and would be happy to try Browns.

Penny Brohn organise support groups for about 8-10 people, over a 15 week period once a week. The one I have joined is in the afternoon but I am not sure if they do them at different times. You can go along and have a chat with someone about what they have to offer and what is best for you.

Rachel

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all
Wednesday 13th May better for me as 20th is chemo.
I am quite happy to book venue. I personally think Bristol is an easier venue to get to.Why don't we try Brown's for a change (on same street as Cafe Rouge,but am happy with what everyone else wants.
If people let me know who wants to come, I will book for approx numbers, anyone welcome.Interested to hear about support group at Penny Brohn, Lottie, how are you finding it? Also is it day or evening?
Marmite x

AnneS

Hi again all,
Hope you had a good time in Tunisia Celeste and sorry to hear about your dad and hope your op goes smoothly.I'd be more than happy to come to Bristol again and wouldn't mind Cafe Rouge again although others have mentioned Browns which I don't mind either as I could also do it by train if I needed to.
I see that Lesley LP can't do week of the 11th so maybe Wed 20th might be better. What do you all think?
I do hope that Kate will be able to join us again. Her courage and tenacity are amazing.
Take care everybody xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Glad to hear you are feeling brighter Anne. Marmite I hope your results come back quickly and they are ok.

I think JaneRA and was hoping to join us this time, and I'm not sure what the train link up to Weston is like. I think Kate found it easy to Bristol - so that may be a consideration.

Other than that - I cannot say. I just heard that my father is now in hospital - dying with cancer. As I have an op tomorrow. and got to go to Liverpool next week, Have my herceptin some time the week after (bank hol bugger up), I'm not entirely sure when I can get to suffolk to see him, or how often or when. So I hope to be able to see you all but i cannot guarentee, and i certainly cannot say when i will be free.

Wouldn't it be good to think that Kate will be able to join us? If not Kate, i think there will be a whole lot of toasting going on!

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone,
it is Ian's birthday 11th May so not sure what we are doing. Will try my best to meet up, the time goes so fast.
Sorry you have been down Anne, glad you are feeling better. I dont really do down just up, must be something in the chemo!
Hope everyone is o.k. well as good as we can be with all the crap that we have to put up with.
Love Debsxxx

AnneS

Hi All,
Would love to meet up again soon. Wed May 13th is fine for me as are the other suggestions on Wednesdays. Don't really know what to suggest re:venues. I don't know the South-West very well. What is Weston-Super-Mare like as that is between Bristol and Taunton way where some of the others are from and doesn't look too far for me coming from South Wales. It might be nice to be near the sea or in a park if the weather is hopefully nice! Hope everyone is doing ok.Have been feeling brighter the last couple of days after quite a low time. Next scan just booked for end of May so trying not to think of it yet!
I'd be interested to hear how you're getting on at the PEnny Brohn centre Lottie. I haven't been there yet.
Hope we can all fix something up soon.

aroma

wed 13 is fine by me .cant do 22 as thats my daughters birthday also 20 as thats my late sisters birthday and we are all getting together to remeber her .its been a year since we lost her so still very raw.but if others cant make 13 i really dont mind as i can catch up with you another time . looking forward to seing everyone again ,as to venue im not bothered either way
lynn xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all,

Just read through posts and looks like Wednesday is good day (for both Lesley and Anne, and me!). So how about 11.00 on Wed May 13 ?? I'll let someone else decide on venue this time, I am not fussed.

Other possibilities are April 22, April 29, May 20.

I can't make May 6 and that is week of bank holiday anyway so have left that out of list. Also I can't do Thursdays as I have joined a support group at Penny Bron Centre on Thursdays.

Best wishes,

Lottie

aroma

hello again ,was wondering when we could all get together again ,seems ages since our last meet dosnt it ! hope all are well and coping with treatments ok .looking forward to seeing you all very soon .lynn xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Had great time in Cornwall even with gales, but it was lovely on Sunday, sorry Debs didn't see your house.
I am happy to arrange meet up Browns or Cafe Rouge. Maybe May would be good as after school hols for those who have school age children.
Give me some dates and we'll go from there.
Marmite x

Guest user
Not applicable

Cornwall ... I have canceled all gales, rain, thunder and any other undesirable weather patterns. Up to now it has blue skies and beautiful sunsets. Children and grown ups were paddling in St Ives on Saturday but as I have just round from chemo coma days I can't say what Sunday was like.
If any of you make it to St Ives you have to pass our house so if you don't want to pop in just give a loud beep! 4th house past costcutter with for sale board and big palm tree in front garden.
Love Debsxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Lesley
Sorry to hear your chemo will coincide with your birthday.
Maybe you will be spoilt rotten at home. Take care.
Dee.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Marmite
hope the news is ggod when you go for your results.
will be thinking of you.
Dee

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone, Marmite sorry to hear about your new lump, hope the results are better than you think they'll be. Sorry you're having a hard time at the moment Anne.

I'd love to meet up again too - Wednesdays or Thursdays are better for me as I don't have to rush back so early for the school run. I'm having my 2nd chemo next week though plus it's my birthday (great timing!!) but the following week or any after that should be ok (avoiding the chemo weeks but if that doesn't fit in with everyone else then go ahead without me and I'll come along next time)

Browns in Bristol is also nice and very near where we met previously - there are also several decent places in Taunton but that might be too far a drive for you Anne. I'm happy to go with the majority.

Lesley xx

AnneS

Hi Lottie and Marmite and all,
Sorry to hear of your new lump Marmite.I'll be thinking of you on Wednesday.
Would love to fix a date for another meet-up. Have been struggling a bit emotionally since our last meet (not because of it!!)and would be good to meet up again.
Am away from 15th-18th April with the dog in a cottage in Pembrokeshire while my new kitchen's being fitted but otherwise am pretty free. Wednesdays and Fridays are best for me as I don't have to rush back to teach. I think Celeste is on her hols at the mo but we could get a few suggestions of dates and venues. I'm easy where to meet although Bristol is easy for me - I wouldn't want to meet much more than an hour's drive away as I do get very tired.
Anyway hope we can fix something up either in April or May.
Take care and best of luck Marmite,
Anne x

Guest user
Not applicable

Marmite

So sorry to read on this and another thread about your new lump. Hope CT scan results come quickly and aren't too bad. I'm also off to Cornwall at the weekend..there will probably be gales...

best wishes

Jane

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Lottie,
Sounds great idea. I was thinking of posting about this also. Sorry didn't get to speak to you much last time.
Having a few problems at the moment, onc found new lump on my neck last week, so had CT scan this morning, hopefully will get results by phone wednesday evening, and due to see oncologist next week, when I am due next round of chemo. Not sure if they will need to change chemo or not, am running out of options, so had a little wobble, but OK again now.
Had lovely week-end with all family present and trying on bridesmaids dresses on grand-daughters for son's wedding in Spain in 6 weeks time.
Off to Cornwall for 4 days on wednesday, shame weather has changed.
Away in Yorkshire 17th-21st April and Spain (for wedding) 30th April - 4th May, but free most other times.
Marmite x

Guest user
Not applicable

Another meet up in Bristol?

Did we say we would meet up again in Bristol in April or May? I am feeling jealous of the London lot, sounds like they had a great time. Any ideas for dates and/or venues??

Lottie