cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another meet up in Bristol?

84 REPLIES 84
AnneS

Re: Another meet up in Bristol?

Hi All, Have just booked a table for 6 at the mo (can be altered)at Browns restaurant,38 Queens Road, Clifton, Bristol
BS8 1RE from 11am on Wednesday 8th July.
So far marmite and Lesley have said they are hoping to come so only 3 with me at the mo. Anyone with secondaries is welcome. The more the merrier so do join us if you'd like to.
Take care all and looking forward to it.
Anne x

Guest user
Not applicable

Now I'd spell it dykey, lol.

Hope you have a lovely weekend with your family Debs, hopefully you can do France again when you've finished with the Taxol (again)

20 years sounds good to me!

Lesley xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Lesley, wishing you all the best for your last chemo on Tuesday and hoping you can have another 20 years without it rearing its ugly head again.
We are going to Newcastle this afternoon for the weekend, France has been postponed!Will be lovely to see Donna-Marie and it will put her mind at rest to see me with 'dykie' haircut. Each time I spell dikey I do it differently.
Hope you all have a nice weekend and are symptom free.
Love Debsxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Debs, I am so sorry you're feeling awful - it's a real ugger (to pinch your word) when you were hoping for the summer off chemo. I hope the Taxol gets to work really fast on everything though and that you start to feel a bit better very soon.

Marmite, think I've posted on the Somerset thread wishing you all the best, but wishing it again here and hope the new chemo works really well

Yes, my final chemo is next Tuesday (blood tests permitting) and then on with the Arimidex thank goodness

Lesley xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Just want to wish lots of luck to Lottie ad Marmite.
Lesley you are doing really well with your chemo, it must be coming to an end soon.
Since tax last Friday I have been flat out, been in bed all today feeling a bit sorry for myself, well that was when I could feel.
Have a love y time when you meet up.
Love Debsxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Sorry you won't be able to make it Lottie but best of luck with the brain radiation, will be thinking of you and hope you'll be able to make the next one.

Lesley xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Good luck with brain radiation Lottielemon. We will miss you.
Hope to see you next time. Whenever that is!
lots of hugs
Marmite xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Sorry folks, I can't make 8 July so will duck out of this meeting. I can't commit to dates really til after my brain radiation week end of July. I will post in nearer the time with an update!

Best wishes from rainy Bristol,

Lottie

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks Anne if you could book the table.
Went to see onc yesterday to sort out new chemo regime, as cancer has progressed, but as onc said we have caught the progresion early, hopefully chemo will work, but as I have had so many types less chance than previously. Have opted for one which keeps my hair, as not that much difference clincally.
Will fill you in more when I see you.
Marmite x

AnneS

Cool. The 8th July is still good for me so shall we settle on that.
I'm happy to phone Browns to book a table once I get a better idea of numbers but obviously that can change with health etc. if people are happy to go with Browns that is.
Take care everyone x

Guest user
Not applicable

I can do the 8th - but it will be an 11 till 2 session for me! Looking forward to seeing everyone
Lesley x

Guest user
Not applicable

Understand entirely, so hopefully see you at the next one, whenever that may be. Or maybe I will get to you Taunton one.
Marmite x

Guest user
Not applicable

Incy wincy problemet! I'm afraid I am in Bristol on the 7th July for an echo and again on the 9th for herceptin and pamidronate and as I live in Taunton, I really do not want to make the journey again on the 8th. I obviously need to buy another property in the area, but currently I don't have a bean!

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Marmite,
good luck for your expected phone call. Really hope it is good news.
I can't make any plans re next meet up will try to make it.
Love Debsxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

So glad your chemo is almost over Lesley.
The 8th July would be best for me as have chemo on 1st.
Had scan on Wednesday, still not had results, but hopefully will get a phonecall with results tomorrow. If things less good will have to change chemo so dates for chemo may change, and the 8th might be no good and the 1st ok! But leave it that the 8th would be best for me.
Will post when I have results.
Hopefully Debs and Celeste might make it as well, and Lottielemon of course.
Marmite x

AnneS

That's great Lesley. Just wanted to make sure you could come as we missed you last time. Hope Celeste can make it this time too and Debs. How would the 1st or 8th July in Browns be for everyone else? Probably impossible for everyone but maybe we could meet again in August or Sep again health and circumstances willing.
Glad the end's now in sight Lesley. How are you doing now after your hospital stay?
The photos of your girls are beautiful! xx

Guest user
Not applicable

My final chemo is on 23rd June - I now know from experience that I feel pretty awful about three or four days after that and then start to improve quite rapidly. But Wednesdays are generally the best day for me and I can't do a long lunch on the 1st or the 8th - but if we were to meet at 11, I could easily stay until 2 o/c. Can we make it one of those dates?

Lesley xx

AnneS

That's a shame Lesley. How about you make a list of dates you can do. When is your last chemo? It would be good to celebrate the end of that.Apart from my holiday from 11th-21st July I'm pretty flexible. Perhaps if we all put down a few dates we could do we may be able to get something that the conscencus can do!
Hope you're doing ok everyone xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all

I can't do any of those three dates properly, Anne! This is turning into a nightmare to organise, lol! 1st July is my elder daughter's 13th birthday so will need to be home in the afternoon, on the 8th my younger one has her induction day at secondary school and again I need to be at home when she comes in from school and on the 24th I'm away in London for the weekend. The only way I could do it on the 1st or the 8th is if I just came for a short time but left early.

Sorry to hear about your new lumps Aroma and hope you feel better soon Marmite and that the onc can sort things out for you quickly.

Lesley xx

AnneS

Hi again,
June's now got rather busy for me. How about July? For me either before 10th July or after 21st and Wednesdays and Fridays are best for me. How about we do Browns again with the big round tables? Wed 1st or 8th of July or Friday 24th July would be my preference. Lets go with the consensus. It would be good to get a date down if poss. as I'm turning into a lady who lunches!!

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi to you all.
Just back from a lovely relaxing wek in Corfu.
Have a few aches and pains and feeling a bit breathless. Due to see oncologist later to-day.
Can't sleep so catching up on e-mails and forum.
Would love to meet up in June. Most days are fine. I suspect may have to have a scan but nothing booked yet.
Sorry to hear you have new lumps Aroma.
Anywhere is fine. Someone be brave and make a decision on time and place!
Marmite x

aroma

was up for any time but now have appointments booked for late june .early july is fine by me after the 10 . not the 27 as thats my date with the surgeon re new lumps !

AnneS

I'm quite happy with Wetherspoons. It may suit some of us on a tight budget and there's usually plenty of choice.
Any takers for June or July? The summer will be on us before we look around. I listed my free dates earlier so would be great if anyone else wants to suggest some too.
Hope everyone's ok.
Anne xx

aroma

hello all .hope your doing ok and enjoying the sunshine .im up for another meet ,just let us know where and when ,by the way there is a wetherspoons pub just opposite the museum if thats anyones idea of food etc ? look forward to meeting you all again . xx

AnneS

I'd be happy to go back to Browns. Hopefully we just had a poor waitress - forgot about us for ages and overcharged wrongly which we noticed thankfully but the food was very nice and it's all very spacious - on the pricey side but all very tasty and plenty of choice and the round tables are good.
Anyone got any other ideas or happy to stick with Browns. Anyone tried anything in Cabot Circus?
Be great if we could manage a meet in June - anyone else up for that?
Anne x

Guest user
Not applicable

I can do both Wednesdays and friday 26th June currently. I would like to go to Browns - havn't been there yet - mainly because i didn't like the food very much in cafe rouge. Ultimately happy to go anywhere tho

AnneS

At the last meet we did talk about organising one for June especially hoping people who couldn't make the last one might be able to come. As it's almost June here are dates I could do - Wednesdays and Fridays are best for me until end of June and then any day is fine.
June dates I can do:Wednesdays 24th,30th and Fridays 19th and 26th
July dates:1st-9th,22nd,24th-31st
How about Cafe Rouge again as the service in Browns wasn't great although the round tables are good.
I don't blame you about being careful Lesley. When are you due to have your last chemo? We should definitely celebrate you finishing if you'd like to. I hope we can get a meet in before the summer holidays. I've booked my flights to Malaga now for 11th July so my dog better settle at the kennels at his trial next week!!
Take care all and hope that gets the ball rolling. Someone mentioned to me today that Cabots Circus was very nice - does anyone know of good eateries there or should we stick to Cafe Rouge or Browns?
Hope we get lots there - hope you are doing ok Celeste by the way and hope everyone is doing ok.
Anne xx

Guest user
Not applicable

I'm going to have to play the next one by ear - I've had a bit of a scare with this neutropenia and with two more chemos to go I'm wrapping myself in cotton wool for the next few weeks - don't want to risk it happening again as I really would like to get the chemo over and done with before the school holidays.

Having said that Mondays and Wednesdays are best for me, however I'll just fit around whatever is organised and if I am able to come and feeling ok, then I'll definitely be there.

Sorry to be so vague and flaky about this 😞

Lesley xx

Guest user
Not applicable

You tell us, I am game.
Love Debsxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Well I missed the last one - so when is the next one?.

AnneS

Hi all, a belated line to say how much I enjoyed the meetup in Browns on Wednesday despite the slow service!!
I do hope your treatment went ok Lottie and that you are doing ok. Big hugs to everyone. Hope your chemo went ok Lesley and that you'll hopefully be at the next meet.
At the mo Wednesdays and Fridays are best with me but not June 17th as am going to relive my youth and go to see Take That!!After Mon 29th June Mondays will also be good as I break up from my school then. I might be away 10th-19th July if I can get the dog settled without me for a long awaited holiday to Spain - here's hoping as I feel time may run out for holidays and I want to go while I feel well enough. Will get scan results on 27th May so things may change of course so will keep you all posted. I know we mentioned a meetup at the end of June. I'm happy to drive to Bristol again - I liked the round table and food in Browns but the service was better in Cafe Rouge I feel!
Take care all, xx

Guest user
Not applicable

We are away 21stish as it is our Wedding ann so please don't make it then.
Hope you had a lovely lunch.
Love Debsxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

I too enjoyed the meet-up to-day, even though the weather was miserable, and also hope all got home safely.
We were talking about having another one maybe end of June.
List your best dates everyone.
Marmite x

aroma

just a thankyou to the ladies today for a lovely meet up .hope you all got home safely and that your treatment went ok lottie ! sending you an extra hug .till the next meet stay strong .xxxlynn x

aroma

just a thankyou to the ladies today for a lovely meet up .hope you all got home safely and that your treatment went ok lottie ! sending you an extra hug .till the next meet stay strong .xxxlynn x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hope you all have a good time tomorrow - enjoy your lunch!

Kay x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all,
Unless anything awful happens to me overnight. I shall be in Browns tomorrow at 11am.
I agree with Anne this disease is so unpedictable, we will go ahead as planned. I too have a scan due later this month, and may have to change my chemo ,to what I suspect will be my final one.
We have a drink to all our missing friends and rebook for June sometime. let us know your best dates.

Marmite x

Guest user
Not applicable

Just back from Oncology Centre where I was meant to be having pamidronate this pm. I should still be able to meet for coffee tomorrow ... but they have had to re-schedule my pamidronate for tomorrow pm as they 'lost' the results of my blood test. I may have to leave Browns early, worst case scenario about 12.45pm.

Annoying or what! also I am in quite a lot of bone pain and hoped the pamidronate might sort it. grrrh.

Look forward to seeing you

Lottie

aroma

good to hear that the scans show no growth something we all want to hear .sorry you want be a t the meet tommorow ,we we arrange something for all next time . im still up to meet everyone else do hope to see those that are going around 11 am tommorow . lynn x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Anne, yes got my scan results today when I went for bloods etc - everything is either shrinking or stable so I'm very pleased, especially as I'm only halfway through chemo. Still annoyed about the muck-up with the appts though as I was looking forward to tomorrow 😞

Hope your next scan goes as well as the last one Anne, let us know. I will do my utmost to make the next meet-up, have a good time

Lesley xx

AnneS

Just found this. Sorry you can't come Lesley.Did you actually get your scan results or is that tomorrow too?
Thinking of you.
I'm still happy to come - am missing my pottery class especially to come so do let me know today if people would rather change it.
Am fine with it being only 4 of us. This disease is so unpredictable and so difficult to plan. My next scan's soon so don't know what's around the corner so quite happy to stick with tomorrow if the others are happy.
Let me know and hopefull I'll see you in Browns tomorrow at 11ish.
Anne xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Oh, I hope you don't re-schedule - there will still be four of you, a nice even number lol. I'm so annoyed - useless new computer system at our multi-million pound new cancer centre in Taunton - the new centre is fabulous but the computer system obviously needs some tweaking!!

Lesley xx

aroma

what a shame that you cant bewith us this time ,such a muddle for you ,hope all goes well though with the treatments ,we shall be sadly depleted this time wont we ,is everyone else ok to come ? maybe you may want to re schedule for another time ?? im easy as to when at the moment .

Guest user
Not applicable

So sorry you won't be with us. Hope your scan results Ok. We will have to arrange another date really soon, so that everyone can come. let us know some dates in June which will be suitable for everyone. We will drink to you all!
Marmite

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone, sooooo annoyed!!! Just been to the hospital for my 9 am appointment (scan results and bloods) only to be told they've got the dates wrong on my appointment card - I'm booked in for bloods tomorrow morning and chemo on Wednesday. Aarggh!! I've alwways had my chemo on a Tuesday up until now, can't understand where/how it's gone wrong ...

Anyway, the upshot now is I won't be able to make Wednesday which I'm really upset about but will hopefully be able to come to the next meet-up. Hope you all have a really good time, will be thinking of you

Lesley xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Debs, yes that's my real hair, that's a photo from last summer. Quite happy with the wig though which looks fairly similar - just hotter and more itchy than the real thing, lol. I think we may be slightly noisy on Wednesday, I think we're definitely entitled to be noisy - Browns is bigger than Cafe Rouge though so the noise may be drowned out by other people. I'm really sorry you can't make it, hope you can make the next one.

Hope Ian has a good birthday

Lesley xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Have a lovely time and don't be too noisy sorry I can't make this one.
Lesley is that your real hair? if not it looks lovely.
Anne hope you are having a ball with your new friends.
Love to you all.
Love Debsxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Anne, I get my scan results tomorrow, aarggh! Dreading it but at least it's at 9 o'clock so shouldn't have to wait around too long. I'm finding myself thinking I have every other type of secondary going at the moment, I think that's what's classed as scanxiety.

Yes, looking forward to Wednesday, have chemo on Tuesday afternoon (unless of course the scan demands a change of treatment of some sort)but the fatigue doesn't usually hit until Friday so should be fine!

Hope you're all ok
Lesley xx

AnneS

Hi Marmite and everyone,
So glad it all went well and you had a good time. Am looking forward to seeing you on Wednesday and the others of course and we'll certainly raise a glass to absent friends.

How did your scan go Lesley and good luck with chemo this week?

How are you doing celeste - have been thinking of you.

Love to all,
Anne xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Back from wedding had amazing time. Oncologist suggested I take dexomethazone every day I was out there to make sure I felt well, as a result I felt brilliant and my husband couln't cope!
Sorry that there will be so few of us next wednesday, but we must arrange another one soon, at a time and place to suit those of you who can't come, and we will raise a glass to you all, and Kate of course.

Marmite x