Another new diagnosis

Hi all! I was diagnosed with a primary breast cancer on 29th March.  I was put on the early screening programme after my sister was diagnosed last year.  I went to see a nurse initially in Jan,  she reported back that both breasts felt normal.  I went for the mamogramme and got recalled,  the appointment was of course for when I was on holiday!  I have had the lymph node biopsy,  which is all clear!  It looked as if the tumour was 42mm so I was looking at a mastectomy coz of the size, the consultant sent me for an mri to check the size.  The results were that it was 22mm, but there was a bit to the side which looked benign but needed to be checked out before decisions on surgery.  I went back for an ultrasound and the other blob was nowhere to be seen.  It was supposed to be 6mm away from the main bit and so would be in the margin of the tumour anyway. So instead of having a mastectomy I am having a lumpectomy on 22 may.  Then hopefully just radiotherapy and hormone treatment (it is her2 negative). So its not a great thing to be going through,  but I feel lucky that the outcomes so far are as good as they could be.  Fingers crossed that continues! 

Hi Eggster, 

Well although you are joining us, which I’m sure you’d rather not, but from what you say, it sounds very positive. Thank goodness you were on the screening programme.  

Like yours, mine was screen detected & I also felt lucky it was picked up when it was, as I had no idea. 

Mine was also er+, so had radiotherapy & now on tamoxifen, now out the other side & back to life as normal.

best wishes with it all

ann x

Hi, this is my first comment on here. I had the news on Friday. The plan for me is also lumpectomy followed by radiation. I’m having a bone scan tomorrow xx

So good to hear you made a stand on this for the sake of others, Eggster.
ann

Just wanted to say Hi and welcome. I only joined this forum recently having had a left mastectomy last week. The amount of advice and support I have received has been truly amazing. Hugs to you both x