Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another one waiting.....

3 REPLIES 3
photomum82

Re: Another one waiting.....

Hi CelticK

Just wondered how it all went today? I hope you got good news and that you were able to enjoy your birthday yesterday. x
CelticK

Thanks poemsgalore....been trying to keep busy and do everything I normally do, so that I don't get too worried. Most of the time I'm calm, and if it is anything bad, then I'm determined to fight it and get well as soon as possible...it's the not knowing that's getting to me. ( and I'm fairly impatient anyway so that's not helping! ) been feeling a bit rough, but I have fibromyalgia, so the chances are that the tiredness and aching is due to that rather than anything else. Thank goodness for books, animals, terrible TV and other distractions 🙂 x
poemsgalore

Untangle away Celtick, that's what this site is for. Keeping my fingers crossed that the doc was right and it's a fibroadenoma, not nice, but better than BC Woman Sad

take care

poemsgalore xx

CelticK

Another one waiting.....

So...after finding a lump and some thickening in my breast, my gp referred me to our local breast clinic.I went yesterday; was a bit nervous as I'm not good with hospitals or anything medical, but they were so professional and friendly that it helped me to settle. Had an ultrasound and then a core biopsy. The person who was doing the procedure mentioned that it was probably a fibroadenoma, but as I'm 35 and only recently noticed this lump, they want to make sure.

Apart from the odd moment of panic, I've been quite calm....am trying to keep busy with my animals, and spend time with my lovely friends ( the distraction of mindless TV also helps though ! ) Just feeling a bit lost today, because now there's more waiting. I go back for the results on 9th May, the day after my birthday...really hoping for good news so that I can celebrate properly afterwards. Tried to educate myself as much as possible, so that whatever the outcome, I can keep a clear head....not always easy though. Still a bit sore from the biopsy too, so probably why I'm feeling a bit out of sorts. I just want to know one way or the other really, am hoping for the best news but also trying to prepare in case it's not good too. Sorry for the ramble, still untangling my thoughts.