Another primary bc?

Dear all

Been a long time since I’ve been on this wonderful site but now I’m here again looking for support.  I’m 7 years post IDC ER/PR+ve, HER2-ve .  WLE, XRT, Zolodex, Tamoxifen for 10 years - 3 years left.  I’ve found thickening and 2 lumps in my other breast and now waiting to see my GP.  Thought I could deal with another primary or recurrence if/when it happened but I’ve totally gone to pieces thinking it’s back - far worse than the first time.  

Anyone out there facing/faced the same predicament?

Valkyrie

Hi Valkyrie
I am sorry that you have this new worry, you are welcome to call our helpliners for further support whilst you await replies here, lines open at 9-5 today and other weekdays and Saturdays on 0808 800 6000

Take care
Lucy BCC

Hi Valkyrie,

I’m on the forum for the first time but second time with bc.

First bc was 22 years ago (age 29). Wle, node sample infected,  radio and chemo (wasn’t given any info on size, grade, type or what the chemo treatment drugs were).

Second bc I’m wle, sn, er+, her 2-. About to start radio again. No chemo this time but tamoxifen. I’m just post menopause.

The worry of the recall, more tests, waiting for surgery and waiting for results was bad bad bad. I don’t know if having been through it all before made it worse but it certainly brought back some traumatic memories from years ago.

But, so many things have changed and for the better since 1992 that it had been a totally different journey. I’m sure you will notice some positive changes from 7 years ago.

Fingers crossed that all turns out well for you. This may have changed but the waiting is still the worst bit.

Congratulations on your good news Valkyrie. Have you rang the breast care nurse with your question? Xx