Another primary?

Hi all, well I got over the treatment got to 7 months post treatment and found something suspicious in other breast. Following a biopsy was advised could be  another primary? ,! I can’t believe it…anyone else in this boat? Xxxx

Dera Densie

Sorry that you havent received a response yet from any of our other users, this is most unusual!  We have a great community on this Forum with lots of support and shared experiences.  Please do post to let us know how you are getting on, if you feel able.

Best wishes
Anna
Digital Community Officer

Hello, I’m going through something similar, diagnosed with DCIS stage 3 on 30th December 2016, I received my routine yearly mammogram and they found something suspicious and did 18 biopsies . I’m waiting to find out if I have a new one on the other breast. I had previously asked my surgeon to do a double mastectomy at the time, but she said no.

I would say call your breast nurse for some support, They are always there for your needs.

It is worrying that having a new cancer , when your body is just recovering.

Carroll xx

Hi Densie and carroll

Yep, I had mast +ANC 2006. Hadn’t quite reached my yearly check, when felt dubious, suspicious tiny lump in other boob. Once biopsied, turned out to be another primary - so mast and full ANC again (was standard procedure then). All lymph nodes removed were totally clear, hence it being a seperate primary, as oppo 2ndary metastasis.

Caroll - I can’t believe they’ve carried out 18 biopsies!!! Have you had any results on yet???

Densie - Have you had results on yet???

I’ve got my fingers well n truely crossed for you both it isn’t, but wouldn’t be surprised, only from myself. Am sooo hoping not for both of you.

Lotsa love Delly xxxxxxx