Another scared person. ..me

Hi, I’ve had recall letter following a recent routine mammogram. It’s tomorrow morning , 7th September

Am 60 and very scared . I feel like I always knew this would happen
I have had a couple of thickening over the last 5 years which have been clear of anything sinister so this recall is a huge shock. Last year the thickening was due to blocked milk duct glands ?mastitis? So now I worry I have DcIS or worse. So worried right now .

Hi Shannon, so sorry to hear of your worry, all of us here have been there x

Fingers crossed for you tomorrow, depending on the hospital hopefully you may even have your results by the end of your appointment? I know she of us had to come away and wait, but some are told on the day.

Good luck x

Good luck tomorrow, try and remain positive but I know it’s easy to say. I am hoping to get an appointment tomorrow with my gp x

Hi Shannon, I know it’s really frightening but I’ve known several people who were recalled including my sister and it was nothing sinister for any of them so there is a good chance you will be just fine, they told my sister she was recalled due to an error in her mammogram which was causing a creased area and not due to anything sinister they had found, it would help if they told you this in the letter mind! Hoping all is well for you and at least it’s almost here now xx Jo 

Shannon, I am 59 and have been recalled twice in the last 9 years and all was well.  I am currently waiting on an appointment because I have noticed a change (a dent) myself and gp has referred me.  I hope everything goes well for you today.  Good luck.

Hi ladies, I have been blessed. My recall was due to the effects of major trauma to my breast following an accident. The relief is immense.
To all the ladies who have responded to me in my desperation, I send my un ending thanks - and to all members of this wonderful website I send my love and best wishes to you all. Hugs, Shannon xx