Another trial

I have been asked to take part in a trial called REACT using a drug called Celecoxib or possibly a placebo (obviously I wouldn’t know whether I was taking the actual drug). This drug has been around for 10 year in the USA. It is used to reduce inflammation. In addition to its anti inflammatory action, celecoxib may also act in other ways to help stop tumours from spreading and invading other tissues.

I wondered if anyone else is taking part in this trial or knows anything about it.

HI sunshine
I am sure this is the trial my OH is taking part in. She was diagnosed with TNBC.

I found the cancer research site quite helpful. just type in REACT trial in the search engine and it will take you to the page.

Sorry if its info you aleady have.

Hi Sunshine 1
Cant tell you too much about the trial, but just wanted to add Ive been taking this drug for quite a few years for arthritis so Im very interested in the outcome of the trial. Its been going quite a while as far as I know so I really hope my use of it will help with reducing an recurrence.
Good luck with the future
Cathie x

Hi Sunshine 1
I’ve also been asked to take part in this trial. The nurse is going to contact me in the New Year with my decision. I was asked to take part in a radiotherapy trial previously and I refused as I just wanted to get chemo over with and to get back to “normal” ha ha !! So because I refused one I feel a bit obligated to take part. Don’t know what to do really.

Hi tubbs61

I have agreed to do this trial as the risks look minimal and if it helps keep the gremlin away I am all for it. I am going on 19th December for a chest xray and bloods and sign the consent form so i will let you know what was said. I am already involved in a trial regarding lymphoedema so feeling a bit of a guinea pig at the moment. The good thing is that at least I will be monitored regularly and will be in contact with the hospital if I have any problems.