1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anxiety of waiting

3 REPLIES 3
rubycat

Re: Hello Raaspberi, hoping all goes well with your mum. I f...

Hooray, really pleased to hear it Raaspberi, sending her a hug as well as you.  I'm still waiting for my letter after 7 weeks!!!  Although I know it's ok cos I phoned, but seeing it in print is better. Cat Very Happyxxx

Raaspberi

Re: Hello Raaspberi, hoping all goes well with your mum. I f...

Well my mum had her mamogram last Tuesday. She said that it hurt this time (it didn't hurt the first time last year). The radiographer told the she would receive a letter between 2-3 weeks and if anything was found she would receive a letter early. Yesterday the post man delivered the mail, there landing on the door mat was the dreaded envelope, only 1 week after the mamogram, immediately her stress levels rose with the radiographer's words fresh in her mind. I told her to open it straight away. Thankfully she received the 'all clear' again. So that's 2 years cancer free. What a relief!!!

rubycat

Hello Raaspberi, hoping all goes well with your mum.  I f...

Hello Raaspberi, hoping all goes well with your mum.  I found my 2nd mammo much less stressful than the first, when I went completely haywire. Was really calm this year. I contacted my unit as after 4 weeks hadn't heard anything (which I assumed meant all was ok), and was told it was and would get a letter shortly - now over 6 weeks and still haven't heard officially!  It's great that she has such a loving daughter as you. Big hugs.Cat Happy xxx

Raaspberi

Anxiety of waiting

Hello,

Today is the day of my mother's second year mamogram after her lumpectomy. It is not a nice feeling waiting to hear if everything is still all clear. She was all clear last year and has been sticking to the tablets (Cipla) daily and not felt any more lumps but I still do not like this feeling.