cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anxious Worrier

3 REPLIES 3
lindalou1952

Re: Anxious Worrier

Hi FAZ hope everything is okay have you had a op or are you waiting I know the feeling you are Anxious and you worry I did although I had my op last Jan 2009 and its like you have been to hell and back. thinking of you takecare Lindalou

Jo_BCC

Hi Faz,

You've come to the right place for some good support as the many informed users of this site have a wealth of information between them.

I have put for you below the link to BCC's publication on DCIS and hope you find it helpful. If you need to talk to someone in confidence then our helpline staff are here for you. Lines are open weekdays 9-5 and Saturday 9-2, calls are free, 0808 800 6000.

DCIS publication:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/healthcare-professionals/publications/quick-order-list/*/changeTe...

Hope this helps. Take care,
Jo, Facilitator

Not applicable

Hi faz,they don't really know for sure the grade until after surgery.If you have a gade 2 and they find even just 1 or 2 grade 3 cells they class it as grade 3. With regards to finding invasive aswellI this to can only really be known after surgery,I had DCIS and invasive cancer and the invasive bit could clearly be seen on the mammogram.
Wishing you all the best Mel xx

Faz

Anxious Worrier

Hi all this is my first post and just wanted to see if I could get some more info on DCIS. I was referred to the breast clinic as my right outer breast felt strange and I thought I had a lump. After mammogram and ultrasound I was told there was no lump but a distortion of the breast. Had mammotome biopsy 4 days later and went for the results on Monday this week. Consultant told me I had widespread DCIS intermediate grade and am now booked in for Tuesday 17th August for WLE. I have been trying to get as much info as possible but find it all overwhelming and confusing. I am unsure what happens after the WLE, can the surrounding tissue be graded higher, or will it stay intermediate, and could they find invasive cancer?
Thanks for listening, so worried....
Faz x