Anxious about latest surgery

This is a general moan as I think my family have had enough! I’m about to have an expander replaced with implants. This is my third op, after chemo, radiotherapy and tamoxifen. Was diagnosed 13 moths ago and I think more than anything else I’m fed up that it’s still affecting my life.
I was about to retrain in a new career (nursing) when diagnosed and I’m finding it hard to stay optimistic about working in the future as I’m so worn out. I’ve recently stopped tamoxifen as had so many menopausal problems. Currently have no sex life as too painful below. My family and friends have been amazing and I just want a magic wand to make me ‘me’ again without crazy chemo curls. I’ve been given the all clear and it’s hardly registered. Seem to have lost my mojo.

Hi wiggins and welcome to the BCC forums, I am sure your post will resonate with many of our users here

I am sorry you are feeling so low, you may find the BCC ‘Moving forward’ support and information helpful via this link:

breastcancercare.org.uk/moving-forward

Please also feel free to call our helpliners to talk things through on 0808 800 6000, lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays

Take care
Lucy BCC

Hiya, I think its okay to not feel 100%! It is all just so much to take it. Going from basically constant hospital trips / endless treatments is alot to take. Am part way through treatment, started counting medical appts, got to twenty and got v fed up! The emotional trauma of cancer is tough, I don’t think there is any easy answer or set time you should have when going through this. More than anything I resent the intrusion on my life, dealing with it for over a year is hard!

Wiggins, 13 months is still early days and you have to give yourself time. I’ve just had expander put in post Chemo and pre rads. I’m sure everyone is fed up as this is cosmetic surgery and nothing lifesaving or enhancing!

Be kind to you self and embrace your new implants when they are finished - I can’t wait!