cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anxious about starting FEC in Jan :(

784 REPLIES 784
Mezzomamma

Re: Anxious about starting FEC in Jan :(

Hi. I've had my first week of rads now, which seems to be going ok. I have been waking up feeling hot during the night from time to time, but that might be the arimidex, I suppose. It's nothing like as bad as menopause, though.

I still have swelling in my breast from the surgery, though, and I'm beginning to wonder how long it will take to go down. Apparently the rads may make it worse for a while.

Diana, I changed the name largely because I was challenged to find something more interesting, and partly because it was suggested that the old one (set up a couple of years ago when I didn't really use the forum) might be too identifiable. I don't really think that is a serious problem, but I was feeling inadequate in the user name department.

Now I just have to decide what to do about reapplying for my job or accepting voluntary redundancy. It depends a bit on how much the redundancy would be.

Cheryl

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone

Not sleeping for some strange reason. Maybe letrozole?

Finished all treatement now - woohoo. Had my last rads on Monday gone. My skin has become very sore and cracked. I,ve been given special dressings because the doctor thinks that the skin is going to get worse over the next 7-10 days and will begin to weep. Don't worry this does not happen to everyone. Think i,ve just got very weak skin.

Howz everyone else doing? You must all be nearing the end now if not already finished. Do you feel like it's a bit of an anti-climax ? I feel like i should be doing something spectaular to celebrate but am already back at work and life seems to have got back to the normal humdrum.

Is anyone else going to do anything to celebrate?

Maria x

Guest user
Not applicable

hi Cheryl

Hope the holiday went well. like the new name.

Maria x

ragamuffin

Hi Mezzomamma

Does this mean you are back from your holiday?
Hope you had a great time and that you are now fully relaxed and ready to start the next stage.

What prompted the name change?

All the best.
Diana x

Mezzomamma

Just in case anyone is puzzled, I've changed my user name.

Cheryl

ragamuffin

Hi Peachez

I'll have to put a plum in my mouth to see if I can get away from the Australian accent. My father would turn in his grave if he could hear me - would probably appreciate my bald head though!

Re the Letrozole - I (and the rheumatologist) want to get the RA sorted out first. I've been taking Calcium and Vit D for the past four years. I have so many aches and pains at the moment I'm glad not to add to them for the time being.

Must get the photos out- thanks for yours.

Diana

Peachez

Restarted Letorzole this week. I was put on it before chemo when my Dx became protracted.

I got twinges in my legs from the very first night, but if previous experience repeats itself, these will get better. If my ankles hurt while walking I just slow down a bit and it soon wears off.

I have also noticed an improvement having started taking a Calcium/Mag/D3 supplement already approved by my Onc.

I'm not into complaining though, I'm grateful we have such wonderful drugs to fall back on! Will be interesting to see how it goes long term and hear how others get on with it too.

[P.S. Raggamuffin, now that I've met you I find myself reading your posts in your accent! How's zat!]

Guest user
Not applicable

hi

I have been doing exercises since I had mastectomy and full node clearance in November, but went yesterday for the radiotherapy Physio exercises. I was told there, that these new exercises were to replace the old excercises, not an add on. To be honest they are pretty much similar so no problems there.

I wouldn't worry too much about the letrozole Diana, as i think most of my aches and pains are because i have been thrown into full on menopause very quickly ( i,m only 43)so i,ve not had gradual symptoms, it's hit me all at once. But even so they are manageable and will not stop me doing anything.

Cheryl, have a nice holiday and good luck for starting rads in June.

Maria x

Mezzomamma

I have some hair regrowth but it doesn't quite look like a head of hair yet; there are still thin spots. But at least it's growing. I am definitely getting stronger. I start rads on the 8th, after we come back from holiday.

So far I haven't had trouble with Arimidex. I've woken up hot during the night a couple of times. When I went through menopause I would often wake up dripping wet several times a night, so I'm not complaining.

Cheryl

ragamuffin

MazBaz

I tried to eat the chocolates several times but they were disgusting with a capital D. It did not require any will power at all as they tasted so awful!!! They were lovely this last week and I was a real pig.

Sorry to hear you are getting the aches and pains from Letrozole I'm not looking forward to starting it at all. My non bc shoulder hurts as much as my bc shoulder when I do the exercises- I have full range of movement with my affected arm- no pain problems until my meds were stopped. Are you doing the arm exercises? I found a thread where it was said to be important to do the exercises through radiotherapy. I wonder what I will be told at the hospital next week.

Diana x

Diana

Guest user
Not applicable

hi all

Have had 4 lots of rads so far and everything is ok. Have started getting aches and pains from the letrozole and seem to be putting on weight at a fast pace. I have now taken to walking at least 5 miles each day and have gone back to work , but only for a couple of hours each day. I,m hoping this will curb the weight gain.

Looking like a little chick at the moment, my head is covered in fluff lol - but at least it's a start! Give it a week or 2 and i'll look like a dandelion one oclock.

Diana, i cant believe you manged to keep chocolates from March till last week. Wow your will power is fantastic! I ate all chocolates from birthday, also in March in the first week - taste or no taste

Good luck everyone

Maria x

ragamuffin

Hi All

Before I forget - Cheryl - your holiday- enjoy getting up at the crack of dawn tomorrow and REALLY make the most of your holiday! Have a wonderful time!

I started radiotherapy on Wednesday- three sessions so far so too early for any side effects. Using Aloe Vera gel and E45 to moisturise and aqueous cream for "washing" the left side. Using my usual shower wash for the rest of me. I have been "invited" to attend a Radiotherapy Class for Breast Patients next Thursday- before my 6th radiotherapy session. I very happily accepted, apparently it will last about an hour and will be run by a physiotherapist, a lymphoedema therapist and a radiographer.

I can taste pretty much everything now, a cup of tea tastes like tea at last. Unfortunately all the chocolates I was given for my birthday in March are no more, they have been devoured in the last week. Never has chocolate lasted so long in my house!

Janipi- like you I crave hair! I was really jealous of the hair growth I saw at the lunch in Reading! Never have had patience as one of my virtues but I'm having to learn. I want eyebrows and eyelashes too - I have none. The few eyebrows I had left came out as I tried to draw eyebrows in with the pencil I got in my LGFB goodies bag. So that put paid to my only attempts at "makeup".

Haven't started the Letrozole yet, I am full of joint aches and pains from Rheumatoid Arthritis as have had to stop my meds for that as it interferes with the radiotherapy. Rheumatologist gave me an injection of methylprednisolone on Thursday which has helped a little. I want to get that sorted before I start on something that according to nearly everyone who takes it causes "terrible joint pain".

Peachez and Alto it was great to meet you on Wednesday.

Hope all the January Feccers and Taxers are doing well.

Diana x

janipi

Hi all!
Started rads this week. So far so good. I am 5 days post tamoxifen so far all good. Nobody has talked to me about how long (I'm 50) and was on minipill and had no periods. They came back with a vengeance on FEC but TAX saw them off. No hot flushes as such, just very "warm" moments, usually at night. No real hair growth happening though. I'm getting impatient now. Nearly 5 weeks post TAX. Getting back to some normality now but a bit creaky and much slower. Just need some hair as the seeing the baldy stare back in the mirror reminds me of BC. Mirrors all coming down in our house. x

Mezzomamma

Any more updates?

Cheryl

Guest user
Not applicable

hi all

Started letrozole. Just had 2 tablets so far, all seems well. Rads start on tuesday.

Hope everyone is well

Maria x

Mezzomamma

That's interesting, Diana. So it might also depend on how strongly oestrogen-sensitive your cancer is or other factors. If I get a chance I'll ask as well--oncologists seem to have individual preferences as well as clinical indications.

I've been taking arimidex for nearly 2 weeks now and last night was the first time I woke up feeling really hot during the night. I can cope with that if it's only occasional.

We're going away a week from today, leaving the house at the crack of dawn, but that's probably better than arriving in the middle of the night which my husband says was the only other option. At least we can pick up groceries and sunscreen on our way to the resort.

Hope you are well too and that you don't have trouble with side effects.

Cheryl

ragamuffin

Hi Cheryl

I got my answer to why they have prescribed Letrozole for me- it is the Marsden's drug of choice. Apparently they are able to measure oestrogen levels down to almost nil(not all hospitals can go so low) and they have found that Femara is the most effective. The Onc said it is "stonger" than Arimidex and Aromasin- I asked re the side effects and she told me they might be worse so I was in two minds as to whether to ask for one of the others but she hastened to say that there really wasn't that much difference between the three of them. I last had a bone density scan in Nov 2009 so will have another one in a couple of months time when the Rads have finished.

Hope you are well when do you start your holiday?
Diana

Guest user
Not applicable

I will be having a bone density scan in the next few weeks, but the oncologist i,m under always prescribes calcium if your on Letrozole.

maria x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Diana

Just seen your message on other thread. Yes all done now yippee. Other than the 3 weeksof side effects.

No dates for starting rads yet. Been told it will be 3 or 4 weeks from now.

ONC has given me choice of whether to take tamoxifen or not as im only slightly hormone positive. Actually been classed as triple negative b4 now and had got my head around no more treatment and no more side effects. Now shes changed her mind and giving me the choice. AAARRRGGGHHH!!! she did say if SE's were bad they would just discontinue. Dont know what to do now. I expect to be told what to do not be given the choice.

Hope you are all well

Deb XX

ragamuffin

I haven't started the Letrozole yet Maria- I have an oncologist appointment on the 20th so I guess that's when it will be prescribed.

Like Cheryl I wonder how they choose which AI to give everyone. The BCC info on Letrozole, Arimidex, and Aromasin seems to be all the same. I had a diagnosis of osteopenia (precursor to osteoporosis) in Nov 2009 so that's a question to ask when I have the apt.

Diana

Mezzomamma

I've started arimidex, which is also prescribed for the post-menopausal. I'm 63 like Diana. I wonder what the difference is and the reasons for prescribing one or the other? I've got a bone density scan next week to see whether I need to take anything to prevent osteoporosis. I've actually been through menopause twice already in a sense: once about 50 when the symptoms started up and once when I came of HRT several years later. I had bad night sweats that woke me up several times a night (hot, then cold) for a week or more at a time. I was so short of sleep I just couldn't function. I really hope this won't be so bad.

I don't have my rads dates yet, but they can't start before the 2nd week of June as we're away the first week. Still, there will be a lot of overlap, so we can compare.

Cheryl

Guest user
Not applicable

It looks like the rads are going to cover a large are, the highest one is about half an inch below the little v in the collar bone. I,ve not looked properly yet - i,m just home for an hour before going back to work. What can i say i,m blessed with naturally large boobs - well 1 now lol. Must say i,m feeling really good at the moment. i think it's a combination of being able to see light at the end of the tunnel and being told i'd gone through the menopause has explained a few things ( feeling down for no reason, being tired etc etc.) It never even occurred to me that i was going through the menpause
Diana how are you doing on Letrozole?

Maria x

ragamuffin

Hi Mazbaz & Alto

I'll be on Letrozole as I'm most definitely post menopausal- I'm 63. I only had 3x tattoos too Jane - where did they put your 7 Maria?
How are your fingernails? mine look more suspect each day and I've already lost two toenails.
I'm also looking forward to getting back to normal whatever that is.
We will all be frying together!

Diana x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Jane

I had a hysterectomy when i was 29 and although my overaries were left i presume that they shrivalled up and died due to lack of activity lol. You,d think everyone's hormone levels would be checked wouldn't you? Mind - apparently i had mine done when i had bloods done on fec 5 and didn't realise until they told me. Can't wait to get on with rads now, for the first time i feel like my life is getting back to normal yippee!

Happy frying to everyone

Maria x

Alto

That's interesting Maria,I'm 45 and my ovary function hasn't been checked as far as I know and I'm starting Tamoxifen on the 25th. My onc said I'll be on it for two years then moved to an AI as I'll have entered the menopause by then, but when I told her I'll still only be 47 then she did note down that they'll need to check my hormone levels before I change drugs.

My mum started the menopause at 50 and my sister is not htere yet at 47 so I don't think it would be safe to assume anything.

I had my rads planning on Tuesday and only have three tattoos. My dates came through today and I start on 1st June so you'll be glowing before me!

Jane xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone

Been for my markings for rads today. All went well but i have 7 small dot tattoo's. Also been told that my ovaries have not been working for some time so instead of tamoxifen i'll be having Letrozole. I,ve been researching wrong pills, damn! I,m only 43, gone through menopause and missed it, ha ha how did i manage that? Starting rads tues 24th and can start Letrozole right away.

Maria x

Mezzomamma

I think I've seen a post on another thread that Pattymi has finished Tax so has presumably finished the lot. Has anyone else read something from her recently?

I also think I've seen postings from Weena on other threads from time to time, so perhaps there will be an opportunity to ask her as well.

I'm not sure whether I've seen anything from any of the other unknowns elsewhere, so perhaps they have got on well and have better ways to fill their time. I hope so!

Isn't it great that so many of us are through or nearly through?

Cheryl

ragamuffin

UPDATE

Roll Call for the January Start FEC-ers and Tax-ers

January start date/ Last dose of Chemo!

Cheryl (CherylLT) 5th / April 22nd

Jan (Janipi) 6th/ 25th April

Deb (Weena) 6th/ 12th May

Maria (Mazbaz) 7th/ April 28th

(Stay Calm & Carry On) 10th/ April 28th

Janet (Jaybee46) 11th/

(Den42) 11th/

Sarah (SarahBeara) 12th/ 10th May

(Peachez) 13th/ April 27th

Kaz (Kazza21) 13th/

Diana (Ragamuffin) 14th/ April 30th

(Pooki) 18th/

Jane (Alto) 20th/ May 4th

(Biff) 20th/

Pat (Pattimi) ?/

ragamuffin

Had my Rads planning session yesterday and I must say that the people “dealing with” me were fantastic, very caring and happy to answer all my questions and take all the time I wanted- I was very impressed.

I will be having a 50 Gy dose spread out over 25 sessions to the breast (or what’s left of it) and SCF then the “booster” dose to the tumour bed of 13.5 Gy over 5 sessions.

The “tats” didn’t hurt and can hardly be seen, the waiting time was minimal, which is quite different from all the other departments I’ve been in, so I was pleasantly surprised.

I start on the 24th of May and if all goes according to plan I will be finished at the beginning of July. Hopefully by August I will be able to start job hunting - men and mice and plans spring to mind – but hope springs eternal!

Now if I could just get the feeling back in my feet and fingertips, have my fingernails turn white again and banish all the Tax aches I’d be a very happy chappy!

Hope all of you have good planning sessions too and may the remaining chemo SE’s be minor.

Diana X

ragamuffin

Hi Jane

Thanks for the links - just watched/listened to the choir & your daughter and enjoyed very much. I have Welsh ancestry but have inherited NO musical talent at all- just the pick and shovel- most envious of your talents.

Diana x

Guest user
Not applicable

Just watched your DD and choir on you tube - really good, i enjoyed it. thanks for posting the link

Maria x

Guest user
Not applicable

Sorry just read last 2 posts. Jane will watch your daughter on you tube.

We could probably put together a very talented group of musicians and singers between us.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All

I,m certainly going to ask about number of rads when i go get my markings done on Friday. My margins on the cheat wall were only 3mm and presumed this is why i was told 6 weeks. Maybe i,m just remembering incorrectly - it was back in November and i, like the rest of you i suspect, was given so much information, it's hard to take in.

I,m really pleased to have finished chemo, but can honestly say i didn't find it as bad as i thought it was going to be. No doubt a few of you can remind me of some of my moans ha ha , but it's strange how easily it is forgotten. Personnally i thought that it was hardest psychologically. I hope everyone else has had the same experience and not found it too tough.

Gosh jane, that is a long way. I hope you,ve got a few different people to accompany you.

I think i,ve stopped worrying for now Cheryl. He's a good kid and he'll eventually find the right path, but your spot on about boys needing an alternative route sometimes.

maria x

Alto

Cheryl, we did just that!

When I was DX a couple of good am dram friends decided it was one too many and decided to put on a concert - it made three of us in rapid succession, one of whom very sadly died just before Christmas of liver cancer. They got loads of am dram and musical friends together and we put on a Songs from the show concert for two nights in March.

We supported three charities - Chelsea's Angels (a local children's cancer charity), the Bedford Hospital Primrose Unit (where I had my chemo) and BCC - my choice, of course. We raised about £2,500 and I think the cheques have just gone off. There'll be more to come as they're making DVDs of the show to sell as well.

My husband was one of the MDs, my daughter sang a solo ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_VKbhH22IA ) and duet and I was in the chorus ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaW_aRfSMDg&feature=share ), headscarf and all!

It was great fun and we're doing it again as a one-off for Marie Curie on June 18th at Wellingborough School if anyone wants to come along.

Jane xxx

Mezzomamma

We must work on a concert in aid of BCC. Maybe there could even be a guest appearance or two....

More seriously, I have suggested to my husband that given that a former member of the chamber choir died of pancreatic cancer, one of our soprano soloists has had adult leukaemia, the DiL of two of the founders is being treated for aggressive BC (diagnosed while she was pregnant with first child), wife of member died of cancer recently and perhaps more that we don't know about, we really should do a concert for one of the cancer charities.

Hmm.

Cheryl

Alto

Gosh, Addenbrooke's is a loooong journey but at least it's a pretty one and I really hope we'll get to explore Cambridge a bit. It took an hour and 20 minutes to get there today.

I'm having 15 plus four to the tumour site. I forgot to ask the exact areas but I'm sure my onc said I'd also be having them to the clavicle area - not sure about the ANC area - dang, I knew I should have written down my questions!

My daughter is also very musical (flute, sax, clarinet, viola, violin) but definitely didn't want to do a music degree, to the huge disappointment of her teachers. She'd had enough of studying it and just wanted to play to enjoy it. She also loves acting so she decided to combine the two and is studying for a Music Theatre degree at UCLan. It combines singing and acting with some composition and instrumental work and she's hoping to do some MD'ing as part of it. We're going up to see the end of year performance in a couple of weeks - should be great! The UCLan Chamber Choir is formed from people on her course and they came 2nd overall in the BBC Choir of the Year just before Christmas. She didn't audition for it last time as she had a streaming cold at the wrong time but she will next time.

Maybe we should get all our offspring together as a supergroup - my son's also a pretty mean drummer!

Jane xxx

Mezzomamma

As far as I know, I'm having the same as last time, which is 21 + 3 boosters.

Perhaps someone will have a chance to ask at some stage.

Cheryl

Mezzomamma

Our son who is also musically talented (double bass) refused to do even GCSE music which would have been a walk-over for him and refused to do any board exams after the first one. He said he wanted music to be a pleasure, not a chore. He did play in orchestras, sang in choirs for a while, took part in a couple of children's operas and was even a fill-in bass guitar player in a friend's band (no great successes, but they broke even).

Our youngest, the one at the RNCM, went through a period of very serious stage fright which hampered her as a soloist and in auditions--she still finds auditions, especially blind ones difficult-- and she's decided she really prefers ensemble playing. She also refused to consider Cheethams when it was proposed once and missed out on some things she would have liked because she funked the auditions.

Some kids really seem to need to find their own way in life. I only wish there were more alternative routes for those (often boys) for whom a non-stop march between school and university just isn't suitable. Sometimes they need to find out for themselves what is important enough to work at. On the other hand, the music colleges may be a little more flexible regarding more mature students.

I'm sure worries about his future must be the last thing you need right now.

Best wishes

Cheryl

janipi

Maria, I'm having 15. I had a SNB and they took 6 nodes nearest the lump. 2 had cancer in them so the rest are being zapped. Apparently in my area they don't remove all the nodes anymore as research shows radiotherapy has the same results as full removal and no nasty lymphodeoma. I think the chest wall around the cancer site gets done as well. Some people have booster doses added on but 15 was the recommended dose by my mx surgeon and that hasn't changed. I can't believe that chemo has finished! It hasn't really sunk in yet.

Peachez

I had Mx with good margins even though it was a large tumour, I am starting 15 Rads to chest wall and supraclavicular area on May 23rd. (also not to axilla as had ANC already).

I was told that WLEs get boosters to the tumour area, and that they give more doses at a lower rate to WLEs, so you end up with the same total Rads exposure, maybe to do with damage limitation to breast tissue?

Would be interested if you find out why you went from 6 to 3 weeks Mazbaz. I will be asking lots of awkward questions at my new patient clinic now !!

Guest user
Not applicable

How many rads is every one having? It would be interesting to know. Do you know why your having the amount your having?

Sorry everyone for going off the subject

Cheryl your DD must be very talented, it's not easy to get RNCM. I,m trying to coax my son to apply. All his teachers are quite exasperated because he is refusing to even consider music as a career. He refused to go to cheethams school of music also. He's very talented - what a waste, but you can't force them can you! Mind you i also think he's going to leave school after his AS levels in June. I think he's just fed up of learning.

Mezzomamma

Hi Maria, yes she is doing an MA in violin performance there. [Smiling proudly] I've hated having to miss some of the concerts she's been in this year, but they've all seemed to be right after a FEC session. At least I'm going to her end of the year concert at the end of June, since rads don't have such a big hit. It's a two year programme, so I should be able to get to some concerts next year.

I've done rads without chemo before and it was so easy compared to chemo. It may be harder for someone whose body still isn't back to normal, of course. The oncologist said the rads could be moved up to finish before the holiday, but I really thought that I needed more time, not less. There's something to be said for ploughing through and gettin it all over, of course, for anyone who can.

I'm in a much better place psychologically now--I know that healthy eating and gentle exercise will actually get me somewhere now.

Cheryl

ragamuffin

Hi Maria

Yes that's what I curious about- I know we are all different but how are the decisions made?

Guest user
Not applicable

hi

Why do we all have differing amounts of rads? Do you get less if you,ve had chemo. Initially i was told i would be having 6 weeks of rads. I changed hospitals after first chemo and now i.ve been told i,m having 3 weeks .

Cheryl, forgot to say, have a fantstic holiday.

Maria x

ragamuffin

Jan (Janipi) 6th/ April 24th

Deb (Weena) 6th/

Janet (Jaybee46) 11th/

(Den42) 11th/

Sarah (SarahBeara) 12th/ May 10th

Kaz (Kazza21) 13th/

Diana (Ragamuffin) 14th/ April 30th

(Pooki) 18th/

Jane (Alto) 20th/ May 4th

(Biff) 20th/

Pat (Pattimi) ?/

Meant to put this in the last post - chemo brain made me forget- at least that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

ragamuffin

Added a couple more to the role call but still wondering how Jaybee46, Weena, Den42 and Kazza21 are doing.

Having a holiday pre rads sounds like a great idea Cheryl, hope the anaemia becomes a thing of the past.

Had an apt at the RT dept to sign consent and discuss treatment yesterday. I was surprised to learn that I will not have RT to my axilla because the ANC makes it un-necessary. Is that the usual treatment? I will be having 5 weeks of rads to breast, chest wall and supraclavicular fossa then a sixth week of boosters to the "tumour base" in breast. Would be interested to know how others are being treated? Have an apt tomorrow for tatoos/planning etc so will have more questions for them then.

Glad we all seem to be progressing through the treatments.

Jane I don't envy you the travelling time to rads. I walk 10 mins, then tube 10 mins, then bus 10mins, most of my time is in the hospital waiting room with a bit at the station and bus stop.

Diana x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi

This part of the journey doesn't feel so scary after having chemo does it? I,m going for my tattoos on fri, not been given a date for actual start of rads but i presume it wont be long after.

My son played (tuba) in Cambridge last year. It,s such a long way from here (manchester) that i'd never been before, but your right it is lovely and it's one of those places i'd like to go back to.

Cheryl i ,ve been meaning to ask you. Is your daughter at the Royal Northern School of music.

Maria x

Mezzomamma

Long drives for treatment are a definite nuisance; your plan sounds excellent, Jane. The QE has a residential unit for people who have to come a long way; you're not on a ward and you do your own meals. I know you have kids to think about, but it might be worth asking if Addenbrooks has anything similar and if you would be able to use it towards the end when you will be feeling most tired. Or that might be the time for the overnight visits.

I'm moving on to anti-oestrogen now; my rads are being delayed because of a holiday, which gives me more time to build up some strength. I'm still a bit anaemic and get short of breath easily.

I hope a few more will let us know when they finish, but perhaps they've sailed through and don't feel the need for online support anymore.

Cheryl

Alto

Moving on to the next stage now - I have my radiotherapy planning appointment today.

I'm not concerned about having the rads but unfortunately I have to go to Addenbrooke's which is at least 70 minutes drive away (assuming no traffic problems) so it's going to be a bit of a drag. We might actually book a hotel for a couple of nights at some point and do a bit of sightseeing as Cambridge and the area are so lovely and I'll only be tied up for a short time each day. It would probably be cheaper than the petrol!

Jane xxx

ragamuffin

Hi All-

Just added your last chemo date to the roll call Peachez - looks like you and I running the same course. Similar number of nodes removed and 5 infected - one of mine showed "extracapsular spread" hence the collar bone area to be irradiated too- then Letrozole for 5 years.

As Jan says we may be bald, fat, tired and battered but we are still "running" to the finishing line!!

Anyone else on the roll please do let us know what stage you are at.

All the best to everyone- may your side effects be few and mild and taste return to normal soon!

Diana x

Jan (Janipi) 6th/

Deb (Weena) 6th/

Janet (Jaybee46) 11th/

(Den42) 11th/

Sarah (SarahBeara) 12th/