Any African/Caribbean ladies out there

Hi all,

I know BC is no respector of race or background but would like to touch base with the African ladies out there. Want to find out what their experience with family and friends are and if people act differently based on african background and traditions.

Hi

I am of African descent, (Sudanese)and Turkish, I was diagnosed last year June(09)my family was supportive and shocked, some couldnt handle it as it brings up issues for them. My son wanted me to start praying and start practising islam again, i became more spiritual and reading about sufism mysticism.

My friends rallied round but after the treatment, I felt like wheres the everyone deserted me. They are around but I have to ask, I am on Tamoxifen now, i had two lumpectomies, radiotheraphy and 4 lymthnodes removed.

I am also gay and friends are everything to me, my partner of 22 years is my main support.

Hi Shenay,

Thanks for replying. Sounds like you had a lot to deal with. I completely relate to the feelings that friends disappeared after treatment finished.

Can I ask, what sort of issues came up up with those that couldn’t handle it? What part of the country are you in?

I do hope you’re doing well.

Take care