Any Younger Women in South Wales?

Any Younger Women in South Wales?

Any Younger Women in South Wales? Inspired by Apple’s post for London-based young women, I was wondering whether there are any pre-menopausal women living in South Wales who might fancy meeting up for a bit of a chat now and then?

I occasionally go to the Cardiff and Vale support group (Breastfriends), but tend to be the baby of the group (at 35!!!), and the “oh, but you’re so young” comments and pitying looks are not really me… (with the greatest respect to those of you who get comfort from that sort of thing. We’re all different, aren’t we?!)

Sorry, I’m jibbering now so I’ll leave it at that. Hope to hear from you soon,

Mel

Hi Mel

I’m from South Wales (just outside Caerphilly). I was diagnosed 2 years ago at the age of 30. I don’t attend any groups as I find pity from others suffering from breast cancer (especially when they find out my son was 10 weeks old when I was diagnosed) difficult to deal with at times. I also find that I have a whole different set of problems and issues compared to them.

I’d love to meet up.

Look forward to hearing from you.

(sorry its such a short message)

Adele

Hi,
I live in Thornhill, Cardiff. DX August last year, week after celebrating my 27th birthday, having spent several months believing the lump was “benign”! Have since had masectomy with reconstruction, FEC chemo and am few weeks into taking Tamoxifen, can’t fault the hospitals since DX they’ve been brilliant.

I have attanted the “breast friends” support group twice, and think I might have seen you there in March’s meeting (DR Albraham guest speaker), although the ladies there are friendly enough, I too felt a bit like the odd one out because of my age and the fact my concerns are slightly different (i.e. Fertility issues, pre menopausal etc). I’m due back in work next week, but would still be interested in meeting up if I can make it.

Keep me informed, Lisa x

Hiya!

Work is probably going to be / become an issue for most (except the ones that are lucky enough to be kept by a millionaire!), so maybe we could look at meeting up for a coffee / drink one evening? Let’s see if anyone else joins in and maybe try and sort an evening in a week or two… Or we could go along to the Breastfriends Lingerie evening in M&S Culverhouse Cross (Mon. 30th April, 7-9p.m.), and discuss tactics there? What do you think? Would be great to meet up. NO pity allowed, though!!!

Take care,

Mel xx

Hi Mel. I to am from South Wales (Barry).

I am 39 years old and had a bilateral mastectomy in December 06. Tired of pity and people telling me cancer has gone so you should be ok now.

I would love to meet up with you all, the Culverhouse Cross Lingerie evening sounds good to me.

I can’t possibly be the only woman who loves shopping.

Look forward to your postings.

Love Jo x x x

Hiya, Jo!

And it’s not just another opportunity to shop (in terms of getting me through this, retail therapy is right up there with chemo and radiotherapy in my book!) - but also an opportunity to sample some nibbles (apparently!). And eating is my other favourite hobby!

Let’s see how this week goes, then all firm up on arrangements next weekend?

Looking forward to meeting you,

Mel

Hi all!
I live just outside Blackwood and not far from Caerphilly and Cardiff for that matter! Was initially diagnosed 4 years ago aged 32. Just had a small lump removed from my mastectomy scar last week which is thought to be some DCIS left oever from last time so hopefully no further treatment but results for sure next week!
Would love to meet up with people more around my age. I used to go regularly to a local support group but although all the women are very well-meaning I got a bit tired of being the “baby” of the group too!
I get the Breastfriends newsletter although I’ve never been to a meeting but I won’t be able to make the M&S evening as it will be my first day back working (following this recent op)and I won’t finish until 6.45pm but I’d be interested in meeting up another time. I only work part-time so some daytimes are ok for me but prob not for others.
Anyway take care all.

Anne

Shame you can’t make the M&S evening, Anne, but hopefully it’ll be the first sesh of many! We can keep you posted via this forum as to when and where we’re going to meet next time…

Good luck with the return to work!

Mel

So are we all going ahead with the M & S evening for definate? I can make that night, so if we are, I look forward to seeing you all then.
Take care, Lisa x

Seems as good a place as any for those of us who can make it. I was going to go anyway, to see what the new M&S undies are like. Then we can maybe sort out another get together for a couple of weeks after that and post the details on this board. What do you all think?

Mel x

Can I come to? Hi. Don’t come on here often nowadays so only just seen your posting. Can I come to M&S meeting too. I live in Treharris (not far outside Pontypridd) and am 34.

Dee x

Hiya, Dee!

The more, the merrier! Lucky you saw the post in time. See you there!

Mel x

Are there any young women in their forties living in North H Hi,
I would like to hear from any women living in the North Herts area Stevenage if pos! Look at my profile and that will explain why.
Regards Shogun