Any experience/advise on microductectomy/microdochectomy? Getting nervous ....

Hello lovely people,
Firstly thanks to those who replied to my previous post. Just a quick recap on my situation : I am 33/F, noticed some clear nipple discharge a few months back and was referred to the Breast Clinic (that was after badgering my GP for a referral). After a smear slide (normal cells), ultrasound (they picked up a mass that looked very much like a papiloma) and 2 rounds of ultrasound guided core biopsy (round one: normal cells, they probably missed the mass the first time around; round 2: suspected typical papilloma). Based on those results, they have advised me to undergo a microductectomy to remove the duct which contains the papilloma (scheduled for the 25/Mar) and send the tissue for further microscopy and analysis. So this is when my nervousness arose:
Do I actually need a microductectomy? What is the operation going to be like?
Are there any adverse effects? Mangled nipple, breast, etc.? I am a rather active person and enjoy my racquet sports - how long will it take to recover before I can play again?
And, lastly, I can’t help but think that the papilloma might be cancerous - hence the doctors deciding to go ahead with the microductectomy.
Please advise and any experiences from those who have gone through it will be more than appreciated! Am getting anxious and going through sleepless nights thinking about it!

Hi
Sorry cant help re your situation just wanted to reply so that your post doesnt get lost! I am sure there will be someone along soon with some advise/experience of this for you. I had WLE and SNB and was driving and mucking horses out within the week if that’s any help? Not sure what your procedure involves!
Good luck for the 25th
Jill

bumping thread to keep it active.

Thank you! Am holding my breath for tomorrow and will update everyone about the procedure and how it went.