cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any ideas gratefully received.

6 REPLIES 6
rabbit28

Re: Any ideas gratefully received.

Hello, you can buy breast soothing hydrogen pads for sore nipples from breastfeeding, these may be quite soothing? Here's a link to these or maybe something similar may help https://www.medela.co.uk/breastfeeding/products/breast-care/hydrogel-pads 

xx

Frances333

Many thanks Helena.

Frances xxx
ladybowler
Community Champion

Frances

Well it is usually prescribed if your skin is starting to break down during and after rads so it might not be suitable but if you dont ask you wont know

Helena xx

Frances333

Thanks girls.

I have heard of polymem and wondered about that.  I have initial consultation for radiotherapy in 16 days so guess it will start a week or two afterwards. Really want to get this healed soon so they don’t postpone radiotherapy. 

I will I’ll call my nurse tomorrow but when I asked before she said just use a topical gel. 

Love and hugs

Frances xxx

ladybowler
Community Champion

Frances

I remember when I was having radiotherapy, towards the end my nipple area was very sore so the nurse gave me some dressing called polymem which can be cut up and put between your skin and the materials which really helped, perhaps your bcn can sort something like that out.

Helena xx

Ali49

Hi Frances, call your breast nurse tomorrow and explain whats wrong. Hopefully they will ask you to come in and get you sorted. They will have a solution i'm sure. Hope it gets better soon xx
Frances333

Any ideas gratefully received.

Hi

I had wide local excision and SNB 3 weeks ago for an 8mm IDC. As the lump was very close to the nipple I had to lose that as well. I am left with a 4” wound/scar which is healping very well. Unfortunately I have 2 small but sore patches, one is at one end of the scar and the other about an inch in from the other end. The problem is whatever I wear rubs against it so healing of these 2 patches is taking longer. The wound/scar is right across the middle of the breast so it is impossible not to have clothing or soft bras touching it.

In desperation this afternoon I cannibalised a tupperware bowel to try and make a frame to lift clothing and bra from touching the wound, a bit like a bed frame they used years back to lift blankets off of the bed after leg surgery. Mad I know but needs must. Unfortunately I cut a little too much off and T shirt and bra still touched it. I also bought some savlon cream to soothe the patches too.

Does anyone have and ideas, mad or otherwise please. I will try anything.

love and hugs

Frances xxx