Any one else in same position

Hi, it’s my first time on here for 10 years. details on profile, so won’t go into it all here, but had WLE ten years ago with rx and chemo. Had mx yesterday same breast. Home after 16 hours with drain. Breast scar ok but sore and stiff in arm and shoulder. Hard to get comfy. Results on 25th, no chemo planned at the moment. Like to hear other ladies experiences in similar position. Especially ones who like me can’t face looking at scar yet.

Hi Tally woo

It sounds like you’re going through a pretty tough time at the moment. I’m sure the users of this site will be along to support you soon.

In the meantime maybe you would like to talk to a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

Hi Tally Woo, I’m so sorry you are back on here after 10 years, It must still be a shock for you.
I too had mx, 20th Dec and still cannot look at my scar. That isn’t helping you I know, but maybe it is a natural feeling, that in time will become easier to deal with. I take strength the cancer is gone, and I will be treated to a new boob in the future.
Great you found the energy to write on here, so you must be recovering well… Be easy on yourself, don’t try and do everything at once, and don’t let people get you down.
Best wishes
Maggie x

Thanks for your reply. Did you have more soreness and stiffness round your shoulder than in the boob scar? i am also getting backache due to the imbalance! I have big boobs and it feels really weird to walk! I don’t think I will have a reconstruction as I am 58. But I can have the other one reduced to make me a bit neater. My comfee is like a huge cushion! Hope you are getting on ok and keep well x