Any other horse owners/riders who are having chemo or have had chemo?

I have just had my first treatment last week and wondered if anyone else with horses has ridden whilst having chemo? I did ride after surgery a few times and only stopped because I couldn’t get rid of bladder infection which I had before surgery so rested so chemo not delayed.
I know mucking out is not advisable due to infection and fortunately my horse in livery so has always been mucked up for me although he is spending most days and nights in field. I did lunge him after surgery and wonder if that may be a reasonable expectation.
Would be good to hear of anyone else’s experiences and advice.

Kate

Hi Kate

Sorry you haven’t had any replies as yet, which I am sure is due to the technical issues we’ve been having with the forum.

There was a similar question asked on the forum last year. Here is the link Search Results | Breast Cancer Now

There are quite a lot of horse lovers on the forum, so hopefully some of them will find this post soon.

Best wishes

Leah

Hi Kate
I have 3 horses and mucked them all out and rode my rideable one throughout chemo last year not as much but didnt give up completely. Walked 2 dogs as well. To be honest seeing the horses every day kept me sane!!! Did have people help me out on days just after chemo when felt unwell but still went to see them.
I suggest you just see how you feel day to day and take it from there

Good luck
Jill xxx

Oops posted twice???

I was the same as Jill - carried on riding and playing with horses as much as I could.
Definitely helped keep me sane!

Dx