Any risks associated with cold capping?

Just wondered if anyone had any facts or views on whether there are risks with using the cold cap. I have secondary bone mets and have started weekly taxol along with pertuzamb and herceptin last November. I have been cold capping and still have a decent coverage of hair which I love having and I can tolerate the cold cap. I have concerns however about reducing the blood flow in the scalp in case of a potential increased risk of skull, scalp or brain mets. I can’t seem to find any hard evidence either way and it leaves me concerned that I am cooling the head and part of me feels I should be blasting the whole system!!! and so I am considering stopping. Any thoughts from anyone on this?

Hi those were the same reasons I decided not to have the cold cap. If I’m taking an IV chemo I want it to go everywhere and that includes my skull and any skull bone mets. I don’t think it would make any difference to brain mets as most chemotherapies are not suitable, are not able to reach brain mets. I’ve been pleased my hair has grown back so quickly and thickly.

I was treated for primary in 2011/2012 and my onc said no cold cap unless I twist her fingers, which i didn’t as I wasn’t bothered about losing my hair.  Unfortunately since, this young female onc of mine was diagnosed with BC herself and needed chemo, again she used no cold cap.