Any thoughts?

Hi

Can anyone help?

I have posted before when I first discovered a lump in my breast. It is quite a large , gritty lump that seems irregular in size. The doctor was very concerned and immediately referred me. An appointment came though for the following week. When I went to the appointment the clinical assistant saw me initially. She felt the lump and initially felt it was a cyst. She then did an unltrasound and said she could not see an obvious cyst and called in the consultant. He then felt the lump and looked at the ultrasound and said it couldn’t be cancerous as this would normally show as a black mass on the screen.He then suggested that I go back in 6 weeks and if the lump was still there he would do a fine needle biopsy.I stated that I couldn’t bear to wait and they did the fine needle thing there and then. The results came back and there were no cancerous cells found. They wanted me to go back in 6 weeks but did not shed any light as to what the lump is. The next day the breast ballooned and ws extremely painful. I went to the doctor’s who prescrivbed antibiotics and now my breast is back to normal but the lump is still there.

Could the results be wrong? Should I expect them to actually define what the lump is? My appointment is in 4 weeks time- should I just wait for this or bring the appointemnt forward if I can?

I know I’m rambling a bit but I am still really worried and concerned that they may have missed something. The lump isn’t painful but I often feel a sort of tingling/tickling inside the breast in the lumpy area.

Thanks
Freddie

Hi Freddie
Although I was dx with bc last June and had a nmastectomy then, I’m more or less in the same cycle of events as you are at the moment. My BC surgeon decided he didn’t like the look of my mast site and did a needle biopsy then and also referred me for an ultrasound. Both showed no signs of cancer but the tests will be repeated in 8 weeks just to be absolutely sure. Your lumps could well be cysts - I was under the impression that it was cysts which showed up as black on the ultrasound as they’re fluid filled sacs not solid masses, or fibrous tissue which can also feel lumpy. Whatever they are, I think you should feel reassured that nothing has been found, and that they will be making doubly sure that you are clear by repeating the tests.

Gandt