75.2K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any tips on sleeping position after DIEP bialeteral ?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Any tips on sleeping position after DIEP bialeteral ?

Many thanks ladies it's good to know it will pass! I had db mx done 2 years ago and spent weeks sleeping on my back which I am not very good at! It's just with the hip to hip cut in addition to the flaps I just cat find a position!!

Hi Rosie

I had a single MX with immediate reconstruction back in August and still find some discomfort with sleeping on either side although it is much easier now but then I did have some problems with the tummy wound as I had a haematoma which took a few extra weeks to heal.

But initially when you are in hospital they can fix your bed in a sort of W shape and this is the position I found easiest for comfort both during the day and night. At home we have reclining chairs so this was fairly easy to achieve but an alternative is to sit with your feet up on a stool or similar to achieve the W shape or on the sofa put a pillow or two under your knees. At night I slept propped up with lots of pillows and also had pillows under my knees again so I was sleeping in a W shape which for me was the most comfortable. Also don't forget keep taking plenty of painkillers as this will help with your comfort/discomfort levels.

I hope you can get some relief soon.

Swampy

Hello Rosie

Try a soft pillow/cushion under the side you're trying to sleep on (then swap to opposite side when turning over). Sounds fiddly but you're probably not sleeping for long periods anyway at present.  Be assured IT WILL GET EASIER as time goes on, and just try to cat-nap whenever you can.  Be easy on yourself!

Any tips on sleeping position after DIEP bialeteral ?

On day 9 post op came home yesterday managed to sleep better the first night can't get comfortable at all during the day or at night at the mo! Any tips gratefully received!