Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any top tips for us rads newbies???

260 REPLIES 260
jackx

Re: Any top tips for us rads newbies???

Hi Fi

weekend here and only 3 days to work next week and it will be the summer hols hoooooorrrrrraaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!! Get just as excited now as I did when I was at school, this week has been busy but enjoyable. Next week will be fun things and leavers assembly at the church, will need a tissue for that one.

Glad all was ok with the onc and I hope everything goes well with the genetics next week, I expect your decissions hinge on the outcome of that appt.

Trev went to the eye hosp today and the infection has gone at last, I'm so pleased he has to very slowly reduce the drops, but at least he can see now.

It will be a quiet 2 weeks with no Suzie at home, when she gets back it will soon be your holiday. I am going to have my last clothes check and see if I need to get anything. Can't believe its a week tomorrow and we'll be on our way.

I hope things aren't too hectic at work.

Take care

Lots of love

Jackie xxx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

Glad the sun came out for the trip - and enjoy the wine - sure you deserve it!

Appointment with onc went fine - my onc consultant has now retired so have only seen registrars last twice but thats fine - they had a good feel about and all is good. I thought I would be getting an appointment for mammo before this appointment, but spoke to bc nurse and my hosp does it a year on from surgery - so that will make me December too. I see genetics next week and have to let plastic surgeon know what I want after that, also will see surgeons in sept and not onc again till Jan - so thats good - it still feels like a round of appointments sometimes but glad they keep a close eye.

I did not get your email to works address - must be in cyber space somewhere.

All is very well with me - keep going on the up and up so its all good - all the hill walking def helps - I am working the next 4 days so wont be up a hill again till Tues - so roll on.

When do your school hols start.

I just dropped Suzie off at her mates and now wont see her till 2 weeks on Sunday as she will be away with her dad from Sat.

You take good care
Speak to you soon
F
xx

jackx

Hi Fi

Had a good school trip today to a farm, kids loved the animals and the tractor and trailer ride was a big hit. It was a bit cold before lunch but then the sun came out and it warmed up. Another glass of wine tonight to recover I think.

How was your appt with the onc? I hope all went well. The surgeon was really pleased with his handi-work as am I and he doesn't want to see me again. I should get a mammo appt in Dec 1yr on from dx. I don't get to see the onc until April which seems a very long way away.

I sent you an email on your nhs address, not sure if it arrived, it could be lost somewhere between Midsomer Norton and Scotland!

Hope all is ok with you.

Love and hugs

Jackie xxx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

Mamma Mia was really good - as long as you like Abba music of course - a very happy feel good film - even bought the soundtrack on i tunes when we came home. Just back from a walk - its a beautiful evening here - eyes are suffering from hay fever now tho.

Never been to Longleat myself - bet the kids loved it. Can understand why you are shattered tho - have a glass of wine.

I have onc tomorrow for check up

Hope the sun shines for sports day tomorrow.

Lots of Love
Fiona
xxx

jackx

Hi Fi

Congratulations on getting through what has been a very traumatic year for you, well done on getting through it and coming out the other end stronger and keeping positive, it definately was worth going out to celebrate. I am off to see the surgeon on Weds 6 months after op, can't believe 6 months has gone by.

Have been out on a school trip today with the nursery, I'm now totally shattered. We went to Longleat Safari park, it was a good day but hard work, I had five 4yr olds with one other adult in my group, I will be shouting "Sid, Sidney" in my sleep I think. I'm off out on another trip on Thursday with my class to a farm, it should be a bit easier. Tomorrow hopefully it will be sports day as long as the rain stays away, it is always hectic at work at the end of term.

Let me know if you enjoyed Mamma Mia, we want to see it when Trevs eye is better, probably after the cruise now.

Sit in the sun tomorrow if it shines.

Love and hugs

Jackie xxx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

Had a fine time with my mates - was 'celebrating' my year from dx yesterday - spose some might think its not worth celebrating - but when I think where I was at this time last year - seeing the whole year of treatment and god knows what looming ahead, and in total despair - I thought it was worth celebrating how far I had come. In some ways I cannot believe it has been a year, and god how much has happened in that year - but I am here, I am stronger and I am positive - so what more could I want .

Just going away into cinema this afternoon to see mamma mia with suzie - it looks quite funny. It is roasting here but cloudy on and off - could have just been doing with sitting in garden all afternoon.

Are you at work this week?

Best go hang the washing out th en

You take good care
Fiona
xxx

jackx

Hi Fi

The weather stayed fine for the Mardis Gras, there was some good bands on, I enjoyed the Blues Brothers tribute a good sing along. There was a good turn out of people so hopefully a lot of money was raised.

We enjoy people watching when we're on our cruises, we give people a tick or a cross depending on what they're wearing. You see some awful sights sometimes, gives us a laugh.

Hope you had a good time with your mates, nice that your not working hor the holiday weekend. I expect you'll fit in a few hills over the next few days, you will be getting really strong legs now.

Enjoy your few days off.

Lots of love

Jackie xxx

ForumMember

HI Jackie

Mardi gras eh - sounds like fun. Hope the sun continued to shine for it.

Thinking about your holiday - it will be nice to get all dressed up for dinner - and also to people watch and see what everyone else has on - sounds like fun.

Night shifts were fine - finished again tho - thank goodness. Went for little hill walk this afternoon - was really dull but surprisingly it stayed dry - was really really really windy at the top tho - something like 480 metres up - brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Suzie away out so night in on me own again - everybody say aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Its a local holiday weekend here so think I am going out for drinks tomorrow night with my 2 mates.

You take care for now
I am not working now till Wednesday so thatll be great.

Love
Fiona
xx

jackx

Hi Fi

Hope your night shift wasn't too bad, it must seem strange working when most of us are snoring.

Just part way through my Sat morning cleaning, find it hard to keep going. Hannah came up earlier and helped me to pick out my holiday dresses, think I'm all sorted now. Will pop into Bath tomorrow and get Trev a smart jacket for the evenings, not been on a formal dining cruise before, it will be nice to dress for dinner.

Today is the annual Mardi Gras in town, they close the high street and have lots of stalls and fair rides. They also have different tribute act singing, its normally really good and so far the sun is shining, fingers crossed it will stay this way for this evening when we walk down.

Thanks for your email, I will use it in future.

Hope you're having a good weekend.

Lots of love

Jackie xxx

jackx

Hi Fi

3 peaks in 3 hours, that was good going. You must of felt good when you were at the top phoning Suzie.

You wouldn't be wearing a strappy top here more like waterproofs and welly boots, it's awful. Should have been our sports day today, but like all our plans for this week it had to postponed. The rain has just poured all day, so depressing.

Off up to babysit tonight, Charlie has staryed to crawl now, so Hannah has got her hands full. I don't remember it as being such hard work.

How do I whisper back to you? Can we exchange email addresses on that?

My friend at work has lost her sister-in-law to secondaries, she was 28 and has a 2 month old little girl. The news made me feel so sad, this bloody disease.

Lots of love

Jackie xxx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

What a pair you are - you and Trev - hope your both feeling better for your hol - but I am sure being on hols after everything will make you both feel better.

Weather was absolutely miserable for climb!!!! Rained a lot of the time and was misty and horrible - but we did it. Did the 3 peaks I am planning on the day - took 3 hours but no doubt will take longer on the day waiting for folk. It was fairly easy feeling tho - will have to find some tougher hills soon!! Home feeling quite bright after a nice hot shower. Suzie stayed in town with her friend - and I phoned her from the top of the second peak and she was out larking about in a strappy top!!!! Couldnt blood believe it - it is lovely here in Aberdeen.
You both take care
Speak to you soon
Love
Fiona
xx

jackx

Hi Fi

Glad you survived your night shifts, but more again so soon aghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

My neck xray came back ok, but still suffering with tingling hands and numbness at night. Saw the physio today, she was unsure as to what is wrong but has given me some very sexy splints to wear in bed.

Haven't managed to look at your site yet, but I will do. It's good that your sponsorship is going well and your getting more people to walk as well. I take my hat off to you, raising some money to help is fantastic!

Off on hols on 26th and I can't wait, I only hope Trevs eye is better, he's still on half hourly drops for his iritis. It is proving very hard to get better.

Hope the weather is kind to you for your hill walk.

Take care

Love Jackie xxx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

Good to hear the in laws visit went well - and that they didnt sleep over

When is your cruise again?

Yep - today was the first day of Suzies holidays. She has a friend staying tonight.

Finished night shift this morning - yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Back on night shift Thurs Frid tho!! Going a hill walk tomorrow with a girl who works in theatres. Think we are going to do the actual walk I am doing for sponsor day if weather ok so see how long it takes us. Sponsorship is going well aready and I have about 8 people doing walk already so its going well.

Weather so so here - but no thunder storms.

Hope weather improves for you and the kids

Take care for now
Love
Fiona
xxx

jackx

Hi There,

Glad your nights have now finished, I'm sure the drugs cupboard now looks really tidy. Have you got a few days off now to climb a few more hills?

The in-law visit went well, they were really pleased to see Hannah and the boys. They came up and went back on the same day which was great, they normally stay over. They brought up some posh frocks from my friend for me to try on for the cruise, they looked lovely on. I think I'm just about sorted now.

Has Suzie broken up now? I hope the weather cheers up for the school holidays. We had thunder and lightning yesterday and torrential rain, its such a pain, we've loads of outdoor activities this week at school, can't see much of it happening.

I don't think I could have handled a cold cap, it sounded hard work, you did well to try .

Have a good week

Love

Jackie xxx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

Sounds like your having much more fun than me - bloody nights!! Never mind this is my last. Got so bored last night - ended up washing out and tidying up drug cupboards - dont do that at home!!!!

I tried the cold cap for my first chemo - it was really hard going - and they did not think it would work with my drugs, and lo and behold - exactly 14 days later my hair started coming out in clumps - at least I knew I tried tho - it obviously was not worth the torture after that!!

Off to have a shower and freshen up before work - BIG YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNN

You take care
Lots of love
Fiona
xx

jackx

Hi Fi

Sorry I've not been in touch but have had one of those busy weekends, either out or people here. Am doing a quick clean round at the mo before the in-laws arrive.

The quiz was fun, we ended up half way so that was ok, would hate to be last. The barn dance was a laugh last night, it was just a shame about the weather, absolutely chucking it down. We were in a marquee and looking out you would have thought itr was November not July, never mind it was fun. I met a lady there who had Lymphodeoma, she had gone through chemo and rads, she used a cold cap and had managed to keep her hair through her chemo, all her other hair went so she thinks the cold cap worked, it was hard going to use tho she said.

I hope you're having a good weekend and not working too hard.

Chat soon

Lots of love

Jackie xxx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

18 sounds like a lovely number for a class

I love quiz night too - but again I am never there for my brain input - they are always a great giggle tho - and its great giggling at the teams taking it o so seriously!!

A barn dance Sat - you do have a busy weekend planned - lucky lucky you - work and sleep for me - boo hoo

You have a lovely weekend

Lots of love
Fiona
xxx

jackx

Hi Fi

That was one boring meeting, I only do it for the juicy bits of gossip, but there was none last night and it didn't end until nearly 10, good job I had the wine in the fridge to come home to. Have 1 more year to do of my time then I think I'll finish, done it for about 11yrs now think it's time for someone else to have a go.

Had my new class come for a visit today, they all seemed quite sweet and very little. Have got 18 coming in so a nice small class again, got 18 going out. Didn't manage to get out, it's been another day of heavy showers.

You just don't stop do you? you were lucky to have the weather to get outside in the garden and do some jobs It makes you feel good when you make it look tidy.

Off to a quiz tomorrow night, I'm there to make up the numbers not because of my brain. I do enjoy a quiz tho, they're always a giggle, then off to a barn dance on sat night, even more of a giggle I should think.

Don't work too hard!

Love

Jackie xxx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

Governers meeting does sound like boring kind of stuff!!

Got housework done. Did gym and swim. Cut a bush that was hanging over fence and half stained the fence - so another busy day. It stayed dry and mostly sunny which was good.

The scenery in Scotland is def fantastic - but we dont appreciate it - altho since I started the hillwalking it does amaze me - I just like - climb climb climb - then you turn round and its just WOW!!!!

I bet your brother is getting excited - wish him luck from me.

Hope you enjoy your wine after your meeting - youll deserve it.

Lots of Love
Fiona
xx

jackx

Hi Fi

Another showery day here, no sitting in the garden with the kids today. Got to go back for a governors meeting tonight, will have to find some matchsticks for my eyes. Will put the wine cooling before I go.

Glad you managed to find a different hill to climb, and the sun shone foy you. You are lucky living in Scotland the scenery really is spectacular. Housework does get in the way of doing nice things, I try to get mine done on a sat morning, I'm not houseproud at all.

I will look at your web address, Fingers xed the sun shines on the 27th for you. My brother does his cycle in 2 weeks, he's reaching his peek now. and getting excited.

Don't do too much housework on your day off.

Lots of love

Jackie xxx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

Glad you had another nice day with the kids - sounds lovely.

I had an 'active' day off. Found another hill - very steep climb to the top, down the other side, walked to a centre for the loo, the doubled back to go back up hill and back to car - only trouble was I got lost for a while :):) Found my hill in the end tho. More spectacular views and the weather was great - was out for nearly 3 hours in end.

I have now organised a fundraising climb for 27th July. I will type in my fundraising page but bcc might remove it.(sorry if I'm breaking any rules) But if you fancy donating (but dont feel you have to), . My daughter is away on hol with her dad that date so I am doing it with her a week and a half later cos she really wants to raise money too.

Think I should do some housework tomorrow as I've neglected it a bit.Will still manage gym and swim tho.

Have a nice day tomorrow, hope weather is better for you

Love
Fiona
x

jackx

Hi Fi

Another good day at work, more sunshine and sitting in the garden with the kids. Weather changed now tho, Trev and I went for a walk and got back just in time as the heavens have just opened and it's p***ing down.

Hope you managed to go past and find another hill to climb, a change of scenery will be good. Your legs will be getting very strong, all this hill walking.

Sounds like you're always flat out at work, my job is a lot more leisurely. The teacher I used to work with who is now the head once said when we were both out in the garden on a sunny day " I can't believe we get paid to do this". Thats why I like to be with reception.

Enjoy your day off.

Love

Jackie xxx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

Not a tennis fan myself so no idea what happened.

Sounds like your job is great in the summer - managing to get out for reading etc. The chance of me getting fresh air on shift would be a fine thing.

I had to keep reminding myself today why i was doing extra shift - the money the money the money. Today was absolutely manic - again!!! Literally did not sit down the whole day - grabbed brekkie and lunch on the run and had tea when I got home so am tired now.

Hoping for a nice day tomorrow so I can go another trek - getting right into it now - gonna try another hill tomorrow tho - if I can find it - lol.

Now off till Thursday night - so will try to enjoy my days off and not torture myself that I have 4 night shifts starting Thursday - cos I absolutely HATE nights.

Anyway, you have a lovely week
Hope the weather stays nice so you can get out with your lovely kids.

Love and hugs
Fiona
xx

jackx

Hi Fi

You will be running up that hill soon, it was good that the weather turned out a bit better. It has been very unsettled here as well, lovely when the sun is out but it doesn't come out too often.

My friend was quite upset, her daughter was in Germany on an exchange when it happened, and had no idea her Grandad was so ill. Dawn had to tell her when she picked her up, understandibly she was distraught.

Had a good day at school today, sat out in the garden this afternoon listening to readers, it was quite enjoyable in the sunshine. Suzie must be breaking up soon for the summer break, I've got 3 weeks and 2 days to go. There are some nice things planned over the last few weeks to look foward to, next week is healthy living week, so lots of fun things to do outside if the rain stays away.

Hope your shift goes well, think of the extra spending money for Bulgaria.

Just watching your man Murray on the tennis, he's trying to hang on in there.

Have a good week

Love

Jackie xxx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

Managed to stay awake - just - I was 20 mins early in picking her up so she was not amuzed - lol.

I really could have been done with a massage yesterday - but no-one to do it - boo hoo!!

I am working an extra shift tomorrow - was hoping i would be cancelled - but no such luck!!

Hows was your friend yesterday?

Suzie was out with her mates today so I climbed the hill again - it rained at the very beginning but stayed dry after that - was really hot at times - so it was lovely. Now its peeing down again - but at least my new plants are getting a water.

You have a nice week
Lots of love
Fiona
xx

jackx

Hi Fi

I hope you managed to keep your eyes open to collect Suzie from her party. Gosh, you did some heavy duty gardening, think I would need a good massage after all that digging. I managed to get out and did a gentle bit of weeding, and had a bit of a tidy round. The day ended up being not too bad really.

Off to see my friend in a while, her Father-in-law passed away yesterday. She is separated from her husband but they do still get on, she is quite upset so I'm off round to take her out to lunch. Going up to Hannahs later for Chris's birthday, they are on their way back from camping at the mo. They've been lucky with their weather and had mostly sunshine.

July on Tues, going into the last few weeks with my present class, I am really going to miss them when they go up. They are the brightest class I've ever worked with, their reading and writing is brilliant for 5yr olds. Got my new class coming for visits next week, it will be hard to start again in September.

Have a good week

Lots of Love

Jackie xxx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

No I am not supernurse - lol - was on with 2 other good people yesterday so that helps HEAPS!!!

As for energy - got up today with none - but then got started on the garden. I was at it for 4 - 5 hours - and boy did I need energy for what I did - lots digging out and lifting heavy stones, then planting, then lifting stones back again. My poor back is suffering now - WILL I EVERY LEARN????

Suzie away off out to party so I have to pick her up at 11 - all I want is my bed!!

We had 2 heavy showers early on but rest of day was nice and dry. Hope its the same tomorrow

You did get a bargain on your sandals - well done you.

Hope your dad enjoys his holiday and you dont worry about him too much.

Speak soon
Lots of love
Fiona
xxx
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

jackx

Hi there

So glad the show went well, suppose they will be planning the next one soon.

I would have been fit to drop if I'd climbed a mountain, gone to the gym and then swam 100 lengths. Where do you get all that energy from? And getting the ward sorted for the next shift, so as not to leave problems behind. Is your name Super Nurse!!

Dad went back into hospital last week and had a defibulator fitted to his heart, if it goes into abnormal rhythm it will shock it back. Most of it was done under local and it all went well. He is off to Turkey on Monday, I'm not sure this is a good idea, but he doesn't listen to me.

At last the sun is shining, have been down to clarks village and got some new sandals, got a bargain, buy 1 pair get 1 pair for £1, so I've got 2 pairs. Didn't stay there long as I'd had enough by then. Have just about finished my Saturday cleaning, finger crossed the sun stays out so I can get out in the garden.

Katherine sorry to read about your depression, I have been lucky and not suffered. I think I'm the type of person that just gets on with what is thrown at me, maybe if any more is thrown things might be different. Your grandsons problems can't be helping you, I'm not surprised you're in tears a lot. As Fiona said, go and speak to your GP, don't let it go on and on, they will be able to help you.

Take care both of you

Love

Jackie xxx

ForumMember

Hi Girls

Jackie - Suzies show was fantastic - everyone was fab.

I did do my climb - me and my ipod and the views - fantastic - until it peed down really big rain 5 mins from summit - och well it was only rain. Then went to gym and swam 100 lengths!! Shift today was absolutely hell - sick kids everywhere in hospital and no beds - it was just crazy - but was all sorted before we finished - just!!

Sounds like you have an ok weekend planned. Not sure what we are going to do - will wait and see - think Suzie has plans to go to cinema with friends on Sunday.

Katherine - hi there. I suffered from depression - really from before dx with cancer - my daughter was seriusly ill 2 years ago past Feb - she was in intensive care and everything - was touch and go for a while - then the cancer a year later, then mum died just in Feb - so I have had major things and havent been good with dealing with them. I am now coming out the other side and have started reducing anti depressants - it has taken counselling for me to get this far tho . Please dont feel silly for crying - and dont let things go on and on before you speak to your gp. We have all been thro such a major thing just with the cancer let alone anything else.

Hope you both have a good weekend.

Lots of love and hugs
Fiona
xx

alskat

Its me again do any of you suffer depression through your treaments and tablets or am I just feeling sorry for myself. Tonight I am really missing my father who died 12 years ago of throat cancer and I cant stop crying silly or what.

katherine

alskat

hi both
been really busy and had some trouble with my 15 year old grandson who lives with me. His names ben and hes got into some trouble with the police so Ive had people from the court visiting snd writing reports about him. I seem to be alright with the tamoxipen although I havent had a period since I started taking them but I dont mind they were all over the place.I havent been able to work properly for ages because of the weather and if I dont work I dont get any money coming in ( drawback of being self-employed). have you both finished all your treaments now? Ive got another week of rads to go and I see my doctor on monday but dont know what happens after that.

I hope you both have agood weekend whatever your doing and I am sending good thoughts to
you both bye for now katherine

jackx

Hi Fi

Tell Suzie to break a leg!! I hope it goes really well for the cast. Try not to sing-a-long, I always find it hard to keep my mouth shut.

I hope you managed to do your climb today, weather not too bad here, a bit windy but sun shone most of the day, rain now tho.

It will probably do you good to be on your own for a while, just have you and Suzie to think about. You can do whatever you want to do and answer to no one. My friend has been on her own for two yrs and is happy to be that way, she says she just wants to concentrate on her kids for the time being.

Can't believe its Friday again tomorrow, where has the week gone? Friday is always a quiet day at school, the children get golden time in the afternoon where they can bring in a toy. It's a thankyou for working hard all week, although if your naughty you can have some golden time taken away.

Not got many plans for the weekend, need to go and get some new sandals at some stage and we've been invited up to Hannahs on Sunday for Chris's birthday. His parents have got a stall down at the Glastonbury festival, will probably watch a bit of that on the tv. Might pop out for a drink with my friend tomorrow, a friend of ours is singing at a local pup, so we might go and support him.

Hope your shift went well.

Lots of love

Jackie xxx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

Still sitting here deciding whether to go hill climbing or not - quite cloudy - but should maybe just go for it - clear the head.

I am still going to counselling, which his helping with a lot of demons other than bc - so think the whole thing is helping my outlook. I also have been single since October, so this time on my own , I am finding, is really good for me, as I seem to have gone from one relationship to another for years, so am gettnig to know me again - instead of thinking of other people all the time.
I am back to work tomorrow. Have you any plans for the weekend?
Have Suzies show tonight so looking forward to that.

You take care
Love and hugs
Fiona
xx

jackx

Hi Fi

I'm so gald you're feeling good about youyself at the mo, do you think the bc has made you feel different about work and life in general? Some people say you get a whole new outlook on life after an illness. I'm not sure about how I feel, I know I treasure all the time I spend with my family and I don't take good health for granted. I've got Trev off work at the mo with iritis which is proving very hard to get better.

You're not the only one fed up with the weather, I so wish it would settle down a bit, I don't want scorching sun just warm days, so I don't need a cardi all the time. Today has been quite cold at times and windy again. Fingers crossed that the weather is good for your climb tomorrow, good luck with your sponsered climb in July. My brother has got over £2000 so far for Macmillan, he still has a month to go as well.

Georges head is looking better today, he is such a dare devil, doesn't see danger in anything. I think Hannah will have many more visits to casualty with him. Charlie has just started to crawl, so now the hard work starts!

Have a lovely couple of days off.

Chat soon

Lots of love

Jackie xxx

ForumMember

Hey Jackie

Awe poor George - boys will be boys!!

Jackie I am actually really enjoying work at the mo - since I went back full time but even more so the past month or so - I really feel I have turned a corner in my life therefore work seems better - even the bad shifts with the juniors!!! It feels good to feel good - and my best mates have noticed a huge difference in me apparently - one of them who I have been friends with for the least length of time says I am the best she has ever known me!!

Fed up of this weather - sunshine one minute and torrential downpour the next - grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

On 2 days off now but will have to gut the house and will def go to gym. Intend to hill climb on Thursday weather permitting. Have organised a sponsor climb - the 3 peaks of bennachie range in July for bc research - dont know how many will do it - hopefully a good few.

You take care
Much love
Fiona
xx

jackx

Hi There

I've just got back from popping Hannah to casualty, George tried to be spiderman and fell off the fence in the garden, he has now been glued back together.

FI it sounds like, you're keeping yourself busy at work even if the shift is fairly quiet. Do you enjoy the teaching side? Those juniors must really keep you on your toes.

Alskat, I live over the bridge from you in Midsomer Norton, 12 miles from Bristol. I work as a clasroom assistant in a reception class, in a village nearby. Your shops sound good, I bet you get busy in the summer months. We went to Royal Porthcawl golf club a few yrs ago to watch the Welsh ladies open.

How are you getting on with your Tamoxifen? I seem to be ok, just my periods a bit hit or miss.

Take care both of you

Love Jackie xxx

alskat

yeah fiona porthcawl is about 6 miles from bridgend the first shop i sell welsh souveniers and that means anything welsh i can get my hands on from flags mugs keyrings and too many other thins to list here the second shop is all beach goods such as kites boats rubber ring to go swimming and beach tents and windbreakers

ForumMember

Hi Girls

Jackie - so happy about your daughters wedding news - give you something nice to think about now and hopefully put this behind you a bit more. The weather was bad today so just as well working - NOT!!! Was really really hard getting up this morning - and i have 2 more mornings to go!!. Had a nice quiet shift again but I am teaching tomorrow morning so was preparing more stuff for that so managed to keep myself busy between that, the patients and weekend jobs - you know - stores ordering etc!!

Alscat - I am a childrens nurse and work 12 1/2 hour shifts - I am up in Aberdeen. Is porthcawl near Bridgend in South Wales - used to go down there to see friends but not been in touch for a couple of years now. What kind of shop do you have? I am triple negative cancer so have no more treatment now - apart from recons early next year. By the way - dx means diagnosis.

Hope youve both had a good day today
Got home an hour early from work so that was a bonus!!

Lots of love
Fiona
xx

alskat

hi jackie and fiona thanks for talking to me ive just got in from work im self-employed and ive got two little shops in porthcawl(do any of you know where that is) I have had 5 rads and I have got 10 to go so Ima lot luckier than most I had a lumpectomy on march31 and came out of hospital on the 1st april and my birthday was on the 2nd of april so I missed a birthday really. I am also taking tamoxifen tablets. the hospital I go to is singleton in swansea. what does dx mean. where do you work fiona and jackie do you work as well I am supposed to open my shops every day now till september so I cant write till I come home and if its nice weather I somtimes work from 10 in the morning till about 8 in the nighht and dont get home till about 9 thanks again and hope you both good times to come

jackx

HI Fi and Alscat

Glad your shift wasn't too bad for you, fingers crossed that it's the same for you today. I saw the forecast for Scotland and maybe it's not so bad working today.

I have just got back from Hannahs, she has been online looking at wedding venues. She fell pregnant within a couple of months of meeting Chris and was 18 weeks before finding out, luckily everything has worked out really well for them and they are so happy. They bought a little cottage and moved in 6 days before George arrived 4 weeks early, then Charlie arrived 3 years later. They got engaged on 4th Dec which was the day of my dx, and now have set the date, can't wait for the dress bit.

Had my appt through to see the surgeon in July that will be 6mths since my op, can't think where the time has gone. My scars are very good, I think he will be pleased with his handi work!

Alscat my drive was about 30 mins as well and luckily the roads were quiet for me, my early appts had me in and out within 30 mins most days which was good. I'm sorry your husband is finding things hard, my husband was there for me if I needed him but we didn't talk about things too much. I did take myself in and out every day as he had to work. Where are you having your treatment?

Hope you both have a good week. Any plans?

Love and hugs

Jackie xxx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie and Alskat

Jackie - I assumed your daughter was already married - wow - 2010 wont take long in coming - something for you all really to look forward to - it will be all dress shopping and organising. Were the kids good for you today?

I had a quiet shift with no juniors so that was good!

Alskat - welcome to the conversation. It does help when you have other people to chat to - easy to join in other conversations but when you end up just chatting to one or 2 people that helps even more. HOw many rads are you having? Mine too seems like ages ago - my skin did breakdown - like bad burn - but everyone is different - so fingers crossed for you? What other treatment have you had? I am now coming up to a year since dx - cant believe everything that I/we have gone through - this time almost a year ago I thought i would never be able to get through all the treatment but here I am getting back to normal - whatever that is - just wish my energy and fitness was back to normal - but I am a rather impatient patient - lol.

Any plans for tomorrow Jackie?

I am working tomorrow again - boo hoo!!

Have a nice day tomorrow - both of you. Think of me slaving away

Lots of love
Fiona
x

alskat

thanks jackie it takes me half hour to get to the hospital which seems a long time when the treatment only takes minuites. I have a lot of support from my three daughters but not much from my husband and when I have to go to the hospital I sometimes get not jealous but emotional when I see other husbands there looking concerned and loving and my husband doesnt seem to care he says he does but cant show it. weve been married for twenty years so if he cant show it now when can he. I have not had any problems so far except I hate not shaving and not using deodarant but I am feeling tired

jackx

Hi alskat

I'm so glad our little chats have helped to make you feel better, they really helped me get through my treatment. Rads seems like such a long time ago now, I was one of the lucky ones sailing through with no probs, my skin held up really well, I did slap on the aqueous cream tho, not a pretty sight! lol, fingers crossed you get through with no probs too. You will be surprised how quickly it passes. I hope you only have a short journey to the hospital, as that makes it a little easier.

Let us know how things are going.

Take care

Love Jackie xx

alskat

I have just joined this site today and have loved reading all your comments and stories. You have made me feel loads better already and I am not alone in this battle. I have had a lumpectomy and just finished my first week of rads. keep up all your stories I have loved them and perhaps I will write some of my own if I can pluck up the courage

jackx

Hi Fi

Sounds like you had a good time with Suzie helping her to spend her birthday money. You both must have been stuffed after your pizza.

Got Hannah here at the mo with Charlie, we have been for a wander in Bath, not really shopping just getting some fresh air. She has told me that she and Chris are now planning to get married in 2010, probably in July. She is so excited and has started looking at venues already, it will be something to look forward to.

Have heard from Rich, he is having a great time in Spain, the weather is fab, wish it was here.

Hope your shift passed nice and quickly, no juniors to keep an eye on.

Wish Suzie a happy birthday.

Take care

Jackie xxx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

At least it was only 1 day with those kids!!

Had a good day with Suzie. She has spent all her birthday money - jeans, 4 tops, shoes, got her belly button pierced - and pressies from me - . We are stuffed after pizza express - all 3 courses!

I am working tomorrow so I spose I should go to bed - belly is uncomfortable tho!

Had my jacuzzi again today - it was bliss.

Hope your day goes well

Lots of love
speak soon
Fiona
xx

jackx

Hi Fi

Was glad to get today over and done with, the yr 4/5s were a lot harder than the yr5s which was surprising. I couldn't work with them everyday, I would end up saying something I shouldn't. I really feel for the lovely kids in the class who have to put up with the troublemakers, who really don't have any respect. Tomorrow have got the yr6s who are a lovely bunch, they are all buddies to the children in my class so am used to having them.

The jacuzzi sound like heaven, I'm sure it helped to relax your aching muscles. We must go along and have our day at the Bath Spa, I'll see if we can get there in the next couple of weekends.

Had my xray today, have to phone in a couple of weeks for the result. Will phone now and make a physio appt, not sure what that will do tho.

Hope you've had a good evening with Suzie and you enjoyed your pizza. What did Suzie buy for her birthday?

Nearly the weekend again, another week flown by.

Have a good Friday

Love

Jackie xxx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

I take my hat off to you - cos I could not be a teacher - especially to ones with attitude problems!!

Had a busy day - did contemplate climbing bennachie again but didnt. Did some hard gardening (using a pick axe and getting boulders out of the back bit of my garden) - altho I wish I hadnt started now. Then had 4 mile walk along beach and went to gym - tried a swim but only managed 12 lenghts - my arms and shoulders were too tired so I went and sat in steam room and jacuzzi - bliss!

Looking forward to tomorrow - especially pizza express - yummmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Hope your day goes ok tomorrow and the kids went down fine for you tonight.

Take care
Love
Fiona
x

jackx

Hi Fi

Well done on your climb, I had a look at Bennachie online, what a wonderfully rugged place to go. Good on you both for doing it in not so nice weather, I would have stayed in bed.

Had a fun evening with Hannah, there was about 30 of us following the florrists instructions to make a flower arrangement. They all turned out quite well but its not that easy to do. Off up to babysit again tonight, fingers crossed they go down ok for me.

Had a busy day, worked with yrs 1 and 2/3 making chinise shadow puppets, the yr1s did well but the 2/3 found it more difficult strangely. Tomorrow afternoon got the worst class in the school to work with, there are some children with real attitude problems in that class, I am not looking forward to it.

Have a great time with Suzie tomorrow, hope her piercing goes well and doesn't hurt too much.

Love and hugs

Jackie xxx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

Climb was this morning - got up this morning and weather was not that great looking so I txt my mate and basically said take it climb is off? She said a little bit of rain never hurt anyone so I thought what the heck and we went for it - it stayed dry but was bloody cold at the top (cant remember the height) - but we went up in 50 mins - there are 3 peeks with Bennachie being the highest so am gonna do all 3 one day (when I figure out how). It felt great after - hopefully will help me sleep well tonight.

Hope your table decoration has gone well - as you say - should be a laugh.

You take care
Speak soon
Love
Fiona
xx