cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any top tips for us rads newbies???

ForumMember

Re: Any top tips for us rads newbies???

Hi Jackie

Today was a different day - not so flat - work still busy but not as manic and was on with better people so that all helps. Have one day off tomorrow and have counselling - then on for another 4 days!

Sounds like your looking forward to your assembly - the kids will love it.

Its great having a bed to yourself - of course I have that all the time - cant imagine sharing my king size bed again!!

Have a nice day tomorrow
Love
Fiona
xx

jackx

Hi Fiona

Oh dear you sound a bit down at the moment, I hope you managed to have a good sleep and things have been a little better for you today. It is still early days after your treatment, I think you're emotions go on a bit of a roller coaster I know mine do.

Got the big assembly tomorrow, the children are so excited and so good, they hardly need any prompting. Its all about healthy eating and keeping fit, I think the parents will love it. We are also having an open day at school to mark the opening of a childrens center on the site, there will be lots of people milling about, just what we want I don't think.

On my own tonight Trevs working down in Falmouth for a couple of days, got the bed to myself, lovely!!!

Take care of yourself.

Lots of love

Jackie xxxxxx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

Swuite does look good.

I had a sh1t day at work and I know the rest of my shifts are going to be the same - I felt very flat today from the word go so that does not help. I feel like I could have some more time off. Off to bed - hopefully tomorrow is another day.

You take care
Love
Fiona
xx

jackx

Hi Fiona

Your right, Jessie thinks she's going to be Nancy and she will be gutted to be kicked off. I'm sure her face will be a picture when it happens, can't wait!!

Glad your suit arrived, does it look good in your living room? I bet it finishes it off just right. Something nice to relax on when watching tv.

Oh it is exciting being a mum with a house to keep up together, the jobs don't magically get done if you're busy doing other things. I'm still slowly getting the jobs done that got left when I went away at the weekend.

Off out with Hannah later, not often we get out together so I'm looking forward to it. She has been finding that she's a little bit down so I am going to make sure she has some me time.

Hope your day went by ok, mine flew by as usual.

Love

Jackie xxxxxx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

Glad your day went quick - hope mine is same tomorrow.

I too would have preferred Rachel to go last night - and would prob do same as you - but Jessie has got to go - I just hate her hate her hate her!!! Cant wait to see her face when she does go - she nae gan to be happy - lol

Was busy today catching up with things I wastnt able to do being so busy with dads house - you know exciting things like bed changing, washing, ironing, housework, garden and car!! Managed to go for a swim in between tho.

Suite arrived this morning so I am very happy with it.
Off for a relax

Take care
Fiona
xxxxx

jackx

Hi Fi

Today went quite quickly, it was cold tho, managed to get away with having to go outside. We have been getting ready for our class assembly on Thursday, the kids love doing it, we try and put it off for as long as poss.

Think I would have preferred Rachel to go last night, next week I want Jessie and Rachel in the sing off, then I would boot them both off. It's getting a bit close to the final now, still think I want Sam to win.

Got no plans for half term just relax and hopefully the sun will shine, I have a couple of friends to catch up with but that is it.

I hope your Dad is happy in his new home.

You have a good week.

Chat soon

Love Jackie xxxxx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

Glad you enjoyed your wedding and managed to have a few drinks. I am shattered today - mix of all last week and 2 days of drinking!!

So your on half term after this week - good for you - will you have a week off? Any plans? Its the last week of June till I am off again - cant wait!!

Its a beautiful evening here - was peeing down rain this morning tho - mixed with blue skies - bizarre!

I am getting my new suite tomorrow - cant wait - just hope I have not to wait in all day for it.

You take care and have a nice quick week
Love
Fiona
xxx

jackx

Hi Fiona

Glad the move went smoothly, your Dad will soon get settled in and make new friends.

Trev and I went to Dunster yesterday to my cousins wedding, it was lovely to see everyone. My Aunt came down from Liverpool, she is such a good laugh, it's a shame she lives so far away. My brother arrived on crutches, he has torn a ligament playing tennis, luckily he was playing with three Drs at the time so was well looked after. The weather was dry but chilly, today is sunny and warmer, typical. We booked b&b so we could have a drink or two, Trev was well happy, he said his head was ok I'm not so sure.

Hope you had a good evening out and your head is not too sore.

One more week to work then half term yippeeeeeeee!

Hope you enjoyed your lie ins

Take care

Love Jackie xxxxxxx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

Well thats dad all moved in - had him in, unpacked, pictures up, rubbish away by 1pm!! Today was a breeze compared to rest of week. The house looks really nice.

All I have left to do now is dump some stuff from his old house - nothing big - all the big stuff has been taken away so will do that sat or sun.

Hope you have had a good day at work.

I'm off out tonight so might have a hangover tomorrow - lol.

Speak later
Love
Fiona
xx

ForumMember

Hey Jackie

Sounds like you love your job. I too cant imagine doing anything else - altho if I have many more days like today I might just have to reconsider!! Bit of a bad day and of course I was soooooooooooooo tired anyway that did not help.

So looking forward to seeing dads furniture in the place tomorrow - I am sure the excitement of that will get me up out of bed early!! Will rest after that SAt and Sund - couple of little things to do but not too much. Def having long lie Sat and Sund.

Speak to you soon
Take care
F
xxxx

jackx

Hi Fiona

Well done on getting the decorating finished ready for the carpet to go down, you must feel very pleased with yourself . Your Dad will be really happy when he's settled, it sounds like a lovely place you've found for him.

I'm soooooooooo jealous of all the shows Suzie will see in London, I love all three of the films. She will need a week off when she gets home to recover, she is going to be shattered.

I've worked at the school for 14 yrs, I'm a teaching assistant, wouldn't want to be the teacher I like to leave when the children do. The job was ideal when my children were young, don't think I can see myself doing anything different now tho. My governors meeting was cancelled at the last min yesterday which was good, got to go to another tonight about gifted and talented children which should be quite good. When I left school I was a dental nurse which I loved.

I taped the Half Tonne Man to watch, I feel the same as you. I don't know how anyone could let themselves get like it, and its like their carers don't care if they die as long as they are happy.

Better get the tea now as Trev will be home soon.

Dads appt went well, everything is ok, so that is good.

Remember to rest sometimes!!!!

Lots of love

Jackie xxxxxxx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

I am well and truly knackered. The rollering was a breeze today compared to the last 2 - but then came all the cleaning and scrubbing.. But thats it all done now - yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I am working tomorrow when the carpets are being fitted - and then its the move on Friday which I am off for. Its looking really nice - and I think dad will be really happy there. It is like a palace compared to his old place - its really it.

Suzie is going to see Billy Elliot - (which she hates the film!!) - (I am sooooooo jealous of that one tho), Lion King - sound fantastic - loved the music on the film - and Hairspray. They are also doing an open top bus tour, london dungeons, houses of parliment and Legoland at Windsor - so its very packed.

Hope your meeting was not too boring. I came straight home from dads new place and jumped in the bath - my back was so sore.

Have you always been a teacher then?

Gonna watch that half tonne man programme on channel 4 tonight. I am always astounded at these things that people let themselves get like that. And am even more astounded that whoever care for them - be it wife or mum etc keeps feeding them all the sh1t when they can no longer get out of bed!!

You have a nice day tomorrow
Take care
Love Fiona
xx

jackx

Hi Fi

You did have a busy day painting, good to get the cutting in out the way, you can have fun with the roller next. Your dad is going to love his new place all freshly decorated and new carpet.

Had a day off of SATS today, but will be back reading for the maths tomorrow and Friday. It was nice to be back with the little ones although its good to help the year 6, most of them were with me when they were in reception. The children who were in my first reception class will be doing A levals this year if they are still at school.

Lucky Suzie sounds like she is going to have a good time in London, which shows will she be seeing?

Got to go out to a meeting tonight at school, I think its going to be very boring, will need some matchsticks for my eyes!

Have a good rest when the painting is done.

Talk soon

Love Jackie xxxx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

I couldnt do your job - good job you can. At least you managed to get out in the sun today. It started a bit gloomy here today but then the sunshine was out - unfortunatley I was not!! I was painting for 11 hours!! Back and arm pretty sore now. Thats all the 'cutting in' done tho apart from a wee bit in kitchen. Tomorrow is the easy bit - all the big walls to roller so job will be a lot quicker. Will be finished painting for carpets going down on Thursday.

Hope Rich does well in his exams. It will be Suzies turn next year. She has a school trip coming up on 26th to London for 5 days and 4 nights - they have packed heaps into it - including 3 shows!! She will come back tired I'm sure.

Have a good day tomorrow

Take care
Love
Fiona
xx

jackx

Hi Fi

Had an even more challenging day today, it was literacy writing, my poor lad didn't have a clue where to start. It was a really difficult question for all the year 6 children to do, their teacher was feeling very gloomy about the whole thing. Did manage to get out in the garden to hear some readers after lunch so I could enjoy the sun at the same time. I am back to my normal hours now and pleased to be.

Got a new dress for the wedding on Saturday, its off the shoulder and really pretty, been sat out at home trying to tan up my white strap lines, think I might have to use some fake tan. Have got B&B booked for Sat night down in Dunster a pretty little village in Somerset.

Sounds like you have made a good start to the painting, your Dad will really appreciate what you are doing for him. He will probably get upset when he moves out of his home, and so will you, I got very upset when Dad moved out of the home he had lived in with Mum, it was like I grieved her all over again.

I hope the sick little boy gets better, I really admire what you do.

Rich is half way through his final exams, will finish tomorrow so have fingers crossed for him.

Off for a soak in the bath now.

Take care

Love Jackie xxxxx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

Sounds like your work was challenging!!

Glad to hear your dad has an appointment - will give you some reassurance.

Managed to get off work till afternoon so was over at dads from 0700 painting - got quite a bit done so happy. Went into work at 2 45 and we got a really sick boy in so they were glad to see me. Have 2 days off now but guess what - I'll be painting. The carpets get laid on Thursday so have to get on with it - I will be tired but its only for a week.

Off to relax for a while.

Have a good day tomorrow - is that you back full time now?

Take care
Love
Fiona
xx

jackx

Hi Fi

Work went quickly today but was stuck inside for most of it. The lad I was reading for found both science papers really difficult, it's hard to make them struggle through, I gave him loads of praise to keep him going. I wont be working with him now until Weds as he can't do the literacy papers.

I can't work at home without music either, you willl be able to sing along as you paint, you will get it done in double quick time. I like Sam as well she is such a pretty girl, not sure if the public will go for a young Nancy tho.

Dad has an appt to see the surgeon on Thursday, it is the routine follow up but he has been having a little trouble breathing so I'm glad he's seeing him.

Hope your work went to plan and you managed to get started on your Dads, mind you take it steady.

Love

Jackie xxxx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

Work was ok - not quite so quick a day. I have just watched the Nancy results - def the right one went home - think I want Sam to win - jealous of her fugure tho - wow!!

Not quite sure if we have SAT tests or not - forgotten what they were called when Suzie in primary!

Soundsl like your walk was lovely - my kind of thing definately.

Gonna go watch Lost and then head for bed. Have portable radio thing looked out ready to take to dads tomorrow - cant do my decorating without music - better not have it as loud as I usually do tho - or he might get evicted before he moves in.

Have a good day at work tomorrow
I was spose to be working all day but not going in till 3 30 as they will need senior cover from then - unless it all goes pear shaped tonight and I will have to go in all day - but hope not - itching to get a start on dads place.

Take it your dad is still keeping well?

Take care
Love
Fi
xx

jackx

Hi Fiona

Another super day today, infact I think today has been the hottest. Trev, Rich and I went for a lovely walk this morning over the top of Cheddar Gorge. It was a bit steep going up but it was worth it for the view. It brought back memories of my hols in Scotland, my Mum and Dad used to drag me walking up mountains me moaning all the way. Now I enjoy a nice walk and appreciate the views. We stopped off at a pub after, sat outside and had some lunch.

Will have a busy week at school this week, the year 6, last year at primary have their SAT tests, not sure if you have these. I will be reading and writing the answers given by a boy who has learning difficulties, he is quite a tricky pupil so fingers crossed he will be good for me.

George and Charlie were quite good, George found it hard to get to sleep as it was so warm in his room, but he went off eventually.

Just watched the Nancy show, think the right one went, not sure who I want to win tho. How's Suzies rehearsals going? When is the show going on?

Hope you had a good day at work.

Love

Jackie xxxxxx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

I feel very happy at the moment - everything just seems to be going right - am soooooooooooo excited for dad - altho I realise its going to be a real wrench for him leaving his current place as he and mum lived there all their married life - but he knows its right - he will take his memories with him in his heart and mind.

I went to Bulgaria 2 years ago so I am going back to the same apartments as I know exactly where I am going when out and about with the girls - bit nervous just me and them but it will be fine.

Its funny you talking about thunder and lightning - last time in Bulgaria - it was like a light show - we actually thought it was lasers in the sky as it was dry (at nighttime) - but about 10 mins after that the thunder and rain started - it was amazing!

Hope your grandchildren have been good for you tonight. I am working again tomorrow - it was a fast day today again so tomorrow should be the same.

Speak to you soon
Take care
Love
Fiona
xx

jackx

Hi Fiona

You sound so happy at the moment, at last some good things are happening to you. I'm pleased your Dad liked the sheltered home, it's hard for them when they need to take the decision that its the best option. As you say he wil have some company if he wants it and if not he san stay in. It will give you peace of mind knowing he's ok.

Good on you for booking a holiday, it will do you so much good to get away, I bet Suzie is excited. I've never been to Bulgaria, it's supposed to be the place to go to now. It wont be too long away now, each week whizzes away.

The theatre trip was ok, it was a bit over the top of our 4/5yr olds heads but there was some singing and dancing that they enjoyed. It made a change to get out of the classroom.

We had thunder and lightning last night, I enjoy watching a good thunderstorm. Lovely and sunny here again today tho.

Off to babysit tonight, fingers crossed they are good.

Hope you have a good weekend.

Lots of love

Jackie xxxxx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

The sun is shining again - makes me feel so much better.

The sheltered housing is absolutely perfect so dad is phoning up today to accept. So next week will be painting painting and more painting - but it'll be worth it. It is actually quite roomy for sheltered - I thought it would be pokey but its not. Dad was not keen on the idea to start with but he was sitting in his tenement flat last night - no-one around and he thought - well there will be compant there if he wants it and if he doestnt then he can have total privacy. The new place is 2 minutes int he car from his old place but much nicer. Unfortunatley, dad lives on the opposite side of the city from me - but thats where he wanted to stay so its up to him. As you say at least I know there is support there and community alarms for during the night etc should he need it.

After my good news about my scan, - I went and booked holiday last night - so Suzie, her friend and me and off to Bulgaria for a week in August - something to look forward to.

Hope you have enjoyed your trip today - where did you go?

Take care
Love
Fiona
xx

jackx

Hi Fiona

What wonderful news, I am soooooooooo pleased for you. You deserved some good news for a change, hopefully your aches will gradually go as time passes. Swimming will definately help.

Popped over to New Look tonight as I saw a dress back along which I liked, thought I would get it for the wedding I'm going to on the 17th but guess what? they didn't have my size, so anoyed as you know I hate shopping, will have to try somewhere else at the weekend.

Off to the theatre on a school trip tomorrow, not sure what we are off to see but it will make a change. The kids love it when we go off in a coach, I work in quite a deprived village, lots of the kids hardly leave it. It would be nice to work less and have time to do housework during the week, but the normality of my life is good now.

I hope the sheltered housing is ok it will put your mind at rest if you know your Dad is alright. Does he live near you? Hope your counselling went well.

Fingers crossed the sun is here to stay.

Take care

Love Jackie xxxxxxx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

Best news of all - bc nurse called me at work today - MY SCAN WAS CLEAR - I cried with happiness and relief.

Work was very busy again - and I definately feel it more when I'm busy - but its ok.

Glad work is going fine for you - dont know about you - but I could live with only working a couple of days a week - but its good to be back to some sort of normality istnt it?

I have counselling tomorrow then going to see a sheltered housing complex with dad - fingers crossed it will be suitable cos the flat hes in at the mo is not. Hopefully will fit in a swim.

Have a good day
Hope the sun continues to shine
Love and hugs
Fiona
xx

jackx

Hi Fiona

You deserve some reflexology, it is expensive tho, mine was done at the college by the students who will be graduating in 2 weeks. My friend heard about it, she paid £21 for 4 sessions and she gave 1 to me. They do loads of different treatments really cheaply at this time of year, I will deffinately try and book some up next year. The lady had to check with her tutor to see if it was ok because of the bc, I had asked my bc nurse before and she said it was ok.

Glad your busy day showed you that your brain still works, but it must have been hard for you to keep going, I hope it was a little easier for you today.

I had a good day today the teacher I work with told me she is pregnant, only 7 weeks at the moment so still early days but she was so excited she couldn't wait to tell me. I'm the only one who knows at work, she wants to keep it quiet for a bit. Work again tomorrow, still its good when the sun shines.

Talk soon

Jackie xxxx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

The weather definately makes me feel better too. Unfortunately I couldnt make the most of it today as I ended up working - they needed senior cover for a complicated kid we have in so that was my day. I literally did not sit down the whole 12 1/2 hours so am quite tired. Its the busiest most complicated shift I have had since I went back so at least I know my brain still works - cos it had to today - lol.

Working again tomorrow so it will be more of the same.

Hope you enjoyed your reflexology - if its done right it is fantastic - I wish I could afford to get it done regularly - bliss - mind you after today no-one would go near my feet - lol.

You working again tomorrow?

Take care
Love
Fiona
xxx

jackx

Hi Fiona

Glad you enjoyed your bank holiday. I bet your Auntie was well chuffed with her surprise party, its good to do things to make others happy.

Its been glorious here today, I sat out in the class garden working with the children and I felt good. What a difference it makes when the sun shines, I actually wore a skirt today and got commments from the parents.

I'm off for some reflexology in a bit, never had this before but hoping to be totally relaxed by it. My friend gave it to me for an end of treatment present, am looking forward to it, if it works I may book some more.

Hope you're feeling well.

Love

Jackie xxxx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

Had a lovely bank holiday thanks - it was my aunties 70th birthday (well technically not till Sat but I am working all next weekend) 0- so we had a surprise lunch for her - she thought we were going out for lunch belated for m y birthday, and she didnt suspect a thing - we had balloons up and a cake etc so she was well shocked. This auntie is my dads sister - but she was really good with mum and visited her all the time so it was nice to do something for her.

Work has just phoned and asked me to work tomorrow instead of Friday - so gonna have a think about that one.

Speak to you soon
Take care
Fiona
xxx

jackx

Hi Fiona

I hope you have had a good bank holiday weekend, have you been up to anything nice? I can see that you've been busy doing some chores, swimming must be good for your back. The weather cheered up here which was good, I got out and planted some seeds for bedding plants, a little late but they should be ok.

Trev and I went for a nice walk across the mendip hills this afternoon, it was lovely and peaceful, you can see for miles up there. We popped into a pub and had a lovely cold lager which slipped down well.

Work tomorrow, 4 day week this week, I should survive ok. The kids have really progressed over the time I've been away, I was amazed at them.

Fingers crossed you get a call from the bc nurse with good news.

Love and hugs

Jackie xxxxx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

Glad you had a good day yesterday - shame about the thunder tho. Its been ok here today - dull with some sunshine. WEnt for a swim, then into town, then washed the car and cut the grass. If I dont do it no-one else will. Back still sore - Hopefully get results the end of next week but not sure really. Will speak to bc nurse in week and see what she says - the thing is I know she will phone me to say its all clear - but if she phones me and asks me to come in and speak to onc or another doc I am going to know that something was found - so dreading the phonecall !! Hopefully its just muscular.

Hope you have managed to get out in the garden

Take care
Love
Fiona
xx

jackx

Hi Fiona

Glad you're pleased with your speakers, the music will be booming in your house.

We had a lovely day yesterday, really warm, woke to the sound of thunder tho today and rain lashing down, the sun is beginning to come out now so hopefully will get out in the garden in a bit.

The in-laws have gone back to Devon now, Trevs mum was in a bit of a state really with this spondolytis, I am going to look on line to find out more about it. She was happy to see the kids tho, we are going down next month so she will see them again then.

Hope you're not feeling too achey. When do you get your scan results?

Enjoy the weekend

Love

Jackie xxxxx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

Glad you had a yummy meal - thers nothing nicer than great food.

A session at bath spa - that sounds fab too.

Its been a great day here again. I received my ipod speakers I bought with birthday money and vouchers - a real treat - they are excellent.!!

Off to make the tea
Have a lovely weekend
Fiona
xxx

jackx

Hi Fiona

Just having a quick tidy before the in-laws arrive, they are ok, very different from my family, how they produced Trev I'll never know. They have hearts of gold tho and will bring loads of bits for Hannah, she hasn't ever bought a toilet roll or washing powder since she got her house.

The meal was yummy, everyone enjoyed what they had chosen. We needed a doggy bag as there was so much, the puds were scrumptious!

We did get a pressie from the kids, a session at the Bath Spa which will be something to look forward to. It was a lovely surprise we didn't expect anything.

Have a lovely bank hol weekend, fingers crossed for some sun. I want to get out in the garden it needs a good tidy.

Love and hugs

Jackie xxxx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

Is the in laws visiting an ok thing - as in do you get on with them?

Went to cinema - spose to see Forgetting Sarah Marshall but Suzie did not get in as its a 15 - so we went to see Fools Gold - which was actually pretty funny so we had a laugh. Just finished a chinese - yummmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Hope you have had a lovely meal. Enjoy your weekend and anniversary.

Lots of Love
Fiona
xxx

jackx

Hi Fiona

I hope all went well with the scan today and you don't have to wait too long for the results. I'm glad your bc nurse pushed you through quickly, the NHS has to look after its own.

You must be pleased with your handbag, it's good to spend your money on something a bit special, something you wouldn't otherwise have got. I have never owned an expensive bag, like you mine are normaly cheap from Matalan.

Got the in-laws coming up tomorrow for a couple of days, they were keen to come up as they missed the christening. My mum-in law has just been diagnosed with spodolytis so is in a bit of pain, I hope she will manage the journey ok, she has had lots of health issues over the past few years it seems to be one thing after another for her.

Not really expecting anything for my anniv what with the holiday also we are going on a cruise in the summer. He might surprise me but I doubt it.

Off to get dressed for my meal now.

Talk soon.

Lots of love

Jackie xxxxx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

Thanks

It is good that I am getting scanned so quickly - my bc nurse organised it - and I think she pushes things forward so quickly cos I am in the business - which is very nice of her.

As for the bc gene - I dont know how many they would class as a high number in a family before they test - all I know is the test is apparently really expensive - as it literally takes them 2 months to look at each sample!! I too did not know they have a gene for stomach cancer - but then spose I have never thought about it - but its certainly not something you read about is it?

WE had quite a nice day here again today. I had a swim then went into town again. When I got home from London I had received a giftcard for debenhams and some more cash so I treated myself to a Jasper Conran handbag - an expensive handbag is not something I have had before - always just buy cheap things but thought I would buy something special with the card and money since it was a special birthday!!

Hope you have a lovely weekend for your anniversary. Is you hubby good at buying you gifts or do you have to hint or tell him what you want?

Lots of love and hugs
Fiona
xx

jackx

Hi Fiona

So glad its Friday tomorrow and a long weekend. We are taking all the family out for a meal to celebrate our silver anniv tomorrow, it will be good to get together. The pub is supposed to do lovely meals so I'm looking forward to it.

I hope all goes well with your scan, its good that you are getting things checked out so quickly. You really are going through it all aren't you, I think I will mention about the brca 1 gene as my mum had bc, no one has mentioned anything about it to me, how many times must it have occured in a family before they test? I really must ask my dad more questions about mum and the rest of my family that have passed away but I find it hard. I didn't know they could test for stomach cancer.

The heavens opened just as the parents arrived today, there was hail and torrential rain I felt awful having to send out the kids, they loved it!

Will be thinking of you tomorrow. Let me know how things go.

Love and hugs

Jackie xxxxxx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

It is emotional when people are so nice to you istnt it?

You take it easy going back to work - you will get tired.

Cant remember if I told you or not but I am getting a bone scan on Friday - because of my painful back - it is more to put my mind at ease than anything else - so once I get results from that - all being well, will book my summer holiday.

Its been absolutely peeing down rain here today.
I saw genetics today - long story there!! Bascially they are going to test me for the brca 1 gene, but they have found a strong family history on my dads side of stomach cancer - 3 of his brothers died from it, so both dad and i are going to be tested for that in a few months time!! - It goes on and on.

Anyway, hope you have a good day at work tomorrow.

Glad Rich is getting better

Lots of Love
Fiona
xx

jackx

Hi Fiona

All went well at the docs in fact he thought I looked really well, last time I looked pale so he gave me a blood test. The holiday really was just what the Dr ordered, the best medicine I could have had. He said my scars were looking really good, and praised my surgeon.

I've just got home from my first day at work, it was lovely to get back to normal The children and parents were so pleased to see me, I felt quite tearful with all the good wishes. Feeling a little tired now, glad its just a 3 day week.

Glad you managed to order what you wanted for your ipod, there will be lots of music in your house.

Sounds like its just as well that you have got a little break from work, try and take things easy you have been through so much. Think about booking that holiday so you have something to look forward to. Hopefully we will start to get some better weather here, its been more like autumn than spring.

Rich finally began to feel better yesterday, I was pleased as I was beginning to worry about glandular fever. He has got his final electrician exams in a couple of weeks so I want him to be ok for that.

Look after yourself

Lots of Love

Jackie xxxxx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

Soooooooooooooo glad you had a wonderful holiday - sounds like just what the doctor ordered!!

So you think youll be going back to work then?? That will be strange for you!!

I have been busy at work the last few days, Was off today so went and spent birthday money - have ordered fantastic speakers and docking station for my ipod as thats the only way I listen to music now - so cant wait to get it.

Back to work tomorrow for one day then off till next Wed - so that will be good. Have been very tired lately. It all seems to have caught up on me.

Let me know how you get on at docs

Take care for now
Lots of Love
Hope Rich gets better soon
Fiona
xxx

jackx

Hi Fiona I'm back

We had an absolutely fab holiday, the sun shone everyday and the temp was about 24, just about right. The hotel was beautiful set in lovely gardens looking out over the sea. We did lots of walking, lots of relaxing and a little bit of eating and driking lol!!! If you like beaches Madeira isn't the place, if you like scenery, flowers and a great climate then its perfect. It's not the place if you like to go out clubbing, for us it was perfect.

Sounds like you had a fab time in London, Dirty Dancing must have been good to see, I don't think there is any one who doesn't love that film. Glad you enjoyed the champers we had some for breakfast on our 25th anniv in the sun it was lovely.

Got Drs in a bit and he should say work tomorrow, how strange will that be. Poor Rich was ill whilst we were away he ended up going to the Drs twice he still isn't too good. They mentioned glandular fever I have my fingers crossed it isn't that.

Make sure you enjoy your days off, sounds like you have been working hard. |Go and spend your birthday money.

The tumbler has just finished so I had better do the ironing, lots of t-shirts to do.

Take care

lots of love
Jackie xxxxx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

How was the holiday then?
Hope it was fab

Just worked 2 days - very busy so very tired with sore legs and back now. Sooooooooooooooooooo looking forward to long lie tomorrow. Going shopping tomorrow as I asked for vouchers for birthday from people who asked - am planning getting a freestanding docking station/speakers for my ipod as thats all I use now to listen to my music!

Speak to you soon
Lots of love
Fiona
xx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

Hope you have had a fab holiday

Just back from London - thats me officially an old wifie now!! Had a fab time - saw dirty dancing - I LOVE that film. OUt last night for a fantastic meal, champers, wine, cocktails - it was great.

Going away to bed now so will keep it short. Am working tomorrow

Speak soon
Lots of love and hope your doing well
Fiona
xx

ForumMember

Hey Jackie

Know your away but just gonna post every couple of days so this does not slide down to page 100 or sumthin like that.

Another beautiful sunny day here

Talk soon
Love
Fiona
xxx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

Thank you very much. I have a meal planned with Suzie and dad the week after I get back.

You have an absolutely fabulous time - you too deserve it. Hope the weather is good for you.

Speak to you when you get back

Lots of love
Fiona
xxx
ps - how old is Rich again?

jackx

Hi Fiona

Well I'm just about packed, just got the last minute bits to put in the case in the morning. I find packing quite difficult, never know what to put in, put in loads then I don't wear half of it. The house is quite tidy and will give Rich his pep talk before bed.

I hope you have a great birthday, and a fab time in London, I will look forward to hearing all about it when I get back. Enjoy the show and all the thngs your friends have planned for you, you really deserve a good time. I expect you will celebrate with Suzie and your Dad when you get back so that will make an extra long birthday for you.

Will be in touch when I get back.

HAPPY 40th BIRTHDAY

Love and Best Wishes

Jackie xxxxxx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

We made the right decision about the party. Text my ex sister in law last night to send our apologies - it was not a lie tho - dad still sounds grotty today and suzie has big tonsils (altho its not stopping her going to her mates to stay tonight!!)

I have some wine chilling in the fridge for tonight - so looking foward to night in front of the telly.

Glad your skin is still ok - cant see it breaking down now.

Its a cracking day here today - I went to gym when suzie was at her drama thing, we then had a kfc and I came home and washed the car and windows inside and out - so I think I definatley deserve the wine tonight.

You take care and have a lovely holiday - you deserve it!!

TTFN
Fiona
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

jackx

Hi there Fiona

We sound like the perfect shopping partners, as you say if it doesn't jump off the shelf at me then there it will stay, and as for sale shopping I hate it! I would rather wear my old comfy clothes that I'm happy in.

You did have a busy day, bet you were glad to get home and put your feet up. I hope the baby gets better it must be hard not to get too attached. I get really attached to the children in my class and I hate it in July when they move up, but I soon get attached to the new ones in September.

Bulgaria is somewhere I've not been, I can understand you wanting to go back to somewhere you've been before. I am a little nervous about going to Madeira as it's new to us, I like to stick to what I know, not very adventurous I know. Listen to what your onc said and book up, it will give you something nice to look forward to, and it will be good for Suzie too.

I wouldn't be that enamoured in going to a party not knowing many people, you will be able to curl up on the sofa with a glass of something nice and watch TV, that is what I am going to do as the weather here is horrid.

Had a good tidy through this morning making it all nice for Rich before we go, I will tell him it is how I want it to be when we get back. ha ha!!

Skin still ok, have got a distinct pink rectangle where the boosters were but its not sore. Still slapping on the cream, don't want to take any chances.

Enjoy your relaxing wekend.

Lots of love

Jackie xxxxxx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

You sound like me - I am not a great shopper either - like to go in shops and things to jump out at me - certainly not a sale shopper - cant be assd with raking through loads of muddled rails of clothes!!

I fancy Bulgaria - I was there 2 years ago and the same apartments are available to book just now - fancy this because I would know exactly where I was going round resort etc so would feel safer - as it will just be me Suzie and Suzies mate!! Just nervous about booking it in case anything happens between now and then but keep saying I cant live my life like that. My onc said to go ahead.

I had a very busy day at work today - basically never sat down till back of 6 tonight - that was from 0800!! So my legs are quite tired - but it was good to be busy - not good for the baby I was looking after tho - he is a sick little thing.

Me, dad and Suzie were spose to be going to an engagement party tomorrow night which we would only know like 3 people - dad has now got a bad cold so we have an excuse not to go now - so were are quite happy. It will be a nice relaxing weekend now - with a lovely long lie on Sunday - cant wait.

You take care
Lots of love
Fiona
xx

jackx

Hi Fiona

Just got back from a shopping trip into Bristol, I wouldn't have gone but Rich's girlfriend wanted to go so I went with her. The reason I have money left is because I hate shopping, I get fed up really quickly so I'm not the best person to go with. I did try on a couple of things but bought nothing was glad to get home again. It is cold and rainy outside not nice at all.

A week in the sun will be just what you need, where do you fancy going? I will tell you what Wadeira is like, I don't think it's for teenagers tho.

You are doing well to keep your councelling going, I'm sure it will help in the end.

Off to see Hannah and the boys now, they are driving her crazy.

Chat soon

Love Jackie xxxxxxxxxxx