cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any top tips for us rads newbies???

ForumMember

Re: Any top tips for us rads newbies???

Hi Jackie

Cant believe you still have xmas money left - that so wouldnt happen to me!

I think I will prob end up just going away for a week - which is fine - and I dont think I will bother buying anything new - apart from a couple of post surgery bikinis/tankinis or whatever.

Counselling was difficult - as expected - and there are a lot more difficult sessions to come but I am going to stick to it as I have a lot of issues to sort through which have built up over the years.

I am sure Madeira will be nice and warm for you - its not somewhere I have been or thought of going to so youll have to let me know what you think of it.

Must go do some ironing and hoovering - great!!

Take good care
Fiona
xxx

jackx

Hi Fiona

Have just been sorting out my holiday clothes, think I'll be ok with what I've got, but I still might go and get some new bits, I still have some Xmas money that I've not spent. We fly out on Monday morning from Bristol, it is only 30 mins from my house so a friend is popping us over and Rich will pick us up when we get back as he will have finished work. I'm pleased you can go ahead and book something up now, it will be something nice for you to look forward to.

I feel for your Dad, he must of had an emotional day, I remember helping Dad sort out Mums things, lots of memories were stired. It's good that it got you talking, life is so unfair, I think why my Mum. After your Mums initial stroke I think you were just pleased that she had survived, it is only now that you are thinking well actually everything changed that day and you lost your Mum as she was. I am coming up to the 5th anniv of losing my Mum next month, and I miss her more now than I did then. maybe its the bc, she fought and lost.

The sun is shining here but there is a very sneeky cold wind, I hope Madeira is warmer. I don't want it too hot just warm enough to go out without a cardigan and bare legs.

Not got any plans for the rest of the week, will have a good tidy through before we go, and stock the freezer for Rich.

Hope the counselling goes well today, and you have an easy day at work tomorrow.

Talk soon

Love Jackie xxxxxx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

Glad you had a good week. When is it you go on hols again?

I did ask onc about booking a hol and they said go ahead so I think I will speak to Suzies friends mum soon and get something booked.

Dad was just round for tea and he was saying he cleared out mums stuff today - difficult day for him but obviously it was the right time. I told him a bit about my counselling and said I just wanted mum back as she was 12 years ago before the strokes - we both had a few tears. As my counsellor said - I didnt grieve her back then (and that was a loss), so its all come to the surface again now.

Enjoy your wine with the apprentice - its not something I watch - never got into the habit of it.

Suzie is away out with her pals again so I am home alone!! I really should do the ironing but cant be bothered so I wont!!!

Are you up to anything the rest of week?
I have counselling again tomorrow then work on Friday.

You take care
Love
Fiona
xxx

jackx

Hi There Fiona

Had a good evening, it was such a lovely feeling knowing I didn't have to go in today. The area of the boosters is looking pink but not sore at all. will continue caring for my skin with a mixture of aqueous and aloe vera.

Got up at 9 this morning at my leisure and have had a lovely day pottering about, the sun has been shining again and I sat out the back with my book for a bit as it was so warm. Tomorrow I need to check my wardrobe to make sure I have enough tops that will cover me up for my hol, may need to go shopping again at the weekend.

Glad your appt went well, its good to be told that all is doing well. Did you ask about booking a hol? I wish I was seeing the onc sooner than 1yr, I will be seeing the surgeon in June so that is good, everything has healed well tho.

Might have a little glass of wine tonight whilst watching the apprentice, I enjoy that series especially as there is a local lad on it.

Enjoy the rest of your week.

Love Jackie xxxxxx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I remember the feeling well - I was on cloud nine all day. Good that Trev is coming home tonight - that has just timed in lovely - you can enjoy the celebration and wine together.

Appointment went fine with onc today - did not see boss man but the reg was lovely - no concerns from there end - all my sore joints and everything they are just going to keep an eye on - she just says after the battering my body has been through its not surprising. I see them again in 3 months.

Cream cakes sound yummy. I went to appointment then gym so was absolutely starving when I came home.

Sun is shining now but it was raining all day 😞

You have a lovely long lie tomorrow - I wont get one as will get up for Suzie going to school. I was really tired this afternoon - actually had to lie on the sofa and dozed for an hour - not like me at all.

Hope your head is not too sore tomorrow

Speak later
Lots of love and congrats again
Fiona
xxx

jackx

Hi Fiona

Thats it all finished I am sooooooooooo happy, woke feeling all excited today like it was Christmas day, a really strange feeling. The girls were all pleased for me and they loved the cakes. I can lie in bed tomorrow morning and get up at my leisure. Fingers crossed for your onc appt, hope he tells you all is well and to go ahead and book a holiday, it will be lovely for you to have something nice to look forward to. I don't have to see the onc for 12 months, I wander why that is, wish I was seeing him sooner really. I didn't need chemo as no nodes affected maybe that is why.

Glad to read your decorating days are over for now, laminate or lino I think your great. Being on your own for so long makes you have to get on and do things., I should try and do more but Trev is willing so why bother, I'm always on hand to help tho.

Trev has been down in Falmouth working but is due back tonight, have got the wine cooling in the fridge for our little celebration. Hannah has been round this afternoon, and I spent the morning with my friend, we celebrated with fresh cream cakes, yummy!!

Enjoy your few days off, hope the sun shines, it's lovely here today been sat in the garden.

I think I've been smiling all day:)

Take care

Love Jackie xxxxxx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

Glad you had a great weekend

I fully understand how you feel about your last zapping tomorrow - I came out of my last one quite hyper - it was a great feeling.

I have the onc tomorrow - which I am quite nervous about for some reason - but sure everything will be fine.

Cant believe you will be flying this time next week - as you say - you both deserve it. I am going to ask onc tomorrow if I am safe to book a hol for August - i know he has not got a crystal ball but would be nice to have something booked.

Definately not looking for more decorating now - going to have a rest now.

Did I say laminate floor I was laying - it was wood effect lino - dont think I would attempt laminate. I did tile my kitchen a few years back tho. I have been on my own now for about 9 years now - so will try a lot of things - not electrics and stuff like that tho!!

Off to bed now. NOt back to work till Friday.

You take care
Lots of love
Fiona
x

jackx

Hi Fiona

Well I'm Down to my final zapping, am feeling tired today and won't be sorry not to have to drive to hosp on Wednesday. Had a chat with the girls about my skin today and they think I will be ok. I have got some factor 50+ suncream which they said was good, and as long as I keep covered everything should be fine. This time next week I will be in the air flying to Madeira, Trev has been so good throughout everything, we both really deserve this holiday.

Yesterday went off very well, the boys behaved like angels, George looked so pleased with himself stood on a chair by the font. I did manage a few vinos they were going down quite nicely, also enjoyed a glass of bubbly! It was lovely to get both families and friends together, even the weather was kind.

Dad was looking quite well, he is always tanned which helps but he hasn't got his strength back as yet. He is also looking older, maybe that is down to the weight loss. We had a good meal out on saturday, it was lovely to have a weekend off cooking.

I think you must be mad, but I do admire you. I wouldn't know where to start with laminate flooring, I make a good help mate but to do it myself would be a non starter. Being on your own must make you get on with things, how long have you been on your own?

Hope all your appts go well this week.

Try not to find anymore decorating to do.........Just relax!!

God luck with your first full week of work.

Take care

Love and hugs

Jackie xxxxxx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

Hope you have had a lovely day and the weather was good for you

Hows your dad doing? Is he as strong as he says he is?

Did you manage to have a few vinos?

Well thats my decorating definately finished for now! The floor is laid and the doors and finished so thats it.

I have a week of appointments this coming week - every day apart from Friday

You take good care
Lots of love
Fiona
xx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

Nice to hear from you again - maybe your dad has arrived by now??

Cant believe you are having periods every 2 weeks - I cant remember if you had chemo or not?? I have not had a period in nearly 6 months now - they stopped during chemo and havent returned - not that I am complaining tho!!

Does not sound like your skin will break down now if its only a bit pink - it does continue to 'cook' for about 2 weeks after rads finishes but you sound like you will be ok.

I did not go to see hairspray - but you must go to see 27 dresses - its the funnies film I have seen in a long time and one I am def going to buy.

Its been really peeing down rain on and off here today - not nice at all.

You know I said I was going to relax - well I came home from being at dads and decided to lift the hall carpet (had already lifted the stairs one a year or so ago.) - I bought some stick down wood effect laminate strips so have started to lay them - will finish tomorrow - my back was aching and stomach rumbling - so.............................after I finish that tomorrow and gloss the doors that will definately be me!!!!!!!!!!! I must be mad!!!

Hope you have a lovely meal tonight and of course a fantastic celebratory day tomorrow - you deserve it.

Take care and hope the sun shines
Lots of love
Fiona
xx

jackx

Hi Fiona

I've just finished tidying the spare room for Dads arrival, it gets to be a bit of a dumping ground so it's good when someone comes, makes me clear up. I've just booked us somewhere to eat tonight, took me ages everyone must be eating out tonight.

I'm not surprised you are fed up and had enough of painting, you've done really well to do so much. I bet you can't wait to relax on your new sofa and enjoy your freshly decorated living room. With the better weather hopefuly coming we will all be able to get outside and enjoy the garden.

I did look at the forecast and it says sunshine and showers so the weathermen are on a safe bet, todays forecast was the same and so far its been mainly the sun bit. Trev is playing golf so he had his fingers crossed for a dry round. George is getting excited about tomorrow, he will enjoy the get together after.

I have heard that 27 dresses is a good chick flick, I will have to try and get to see it. Not been to the cinema for a while, did go and see hairspray which I thought was brill, a real feel good film. It was good to see the short dumpy girl get the drop dead gorgeous guy.

Skin still holding up well no soreness at all, just a little pink. The Tamox is affecting my periods tho, came on again today just 2 weeks after I was last on, never mind better now than when I'm on hol.

Have a fab weekend whatever you do. Hope your Dad is ok.

Talk soon

Jackie xxxxxx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

2 to go - woohoo for you!!

Thats the stairs and hall finished - thank god - I hate doing roofs and of course the walls are really high up the stairs so have to use the extention. I still have to gloss the doors and small amount of skirting but at least that is not back breaking hard work - will do that on Sunday. My bedroom and kitchen still need done but I am going to have a bit of a break - so have put all the dust sheets etc out in the shed - I am officially fed up with painting. I got the pictures put back up so they do look lovely on the cream walls. Have still got canvas thingies to put back up in the lounge but I am going to wait and see where I want them after I get my suite.

Managed the gym today - hard but felt better for it. Picked up car - ouch ouch ouch - expensive bloody things.

Have you bothered looking at a weather forecast for Sunday - I dont bother with them myself - just see what its like on the day cos they are often wrong!

No huge plans for the weekend - Suzie has her drama group tomorrow morning so I will prob go to gym when shes there. We will go see dad after that then maybe go to cinema. We have both seen 27 dresses with our own pals but both want to see it again so depending on the times of it - might to that. She will go to her dads after that. It wont be long till my shifts are back to normal and Suzie will be weekend about with me and her dad - it will be good to get that back to normal too.

Best go rescue the tea.
TAke care for now
Love and hugs
Fiona

ps I am sure I will speak to you again before Sunday but if your too busy getting organised have a lovely lovely time.
xxxx

jackx

Hi there Fiona

Had an early appt but had to run to the pay machine and got there with a minute to spare, one of the rads machines was out of action so mine was doubly busy, I really thought I wasn't going to get away with a £1. Even the rads girls are counting me down now, they are so nice I think I will get them some biscuits to have with there coffee. went to see my friend after rads today and she gave me an Aloe Vera plant, I opened up a leaf to see how it felt and it was good not at all sticky as I thought it would be, so I'm all set now.

Your red frames will look good on the cream walls, my new curtains have fuchsia flowers on and the splash of colour in the natural room looks really good. I am looking forward to getting the living and dining rooms done in the autumn, they really look old fashioned now.

We are going up to Chris's parents after the christening, they have a lovely house with more space than we have. There will be about 25 people going, I do hope the weather is dry the children will be able to play out then. Dad is really looking forward to coming up, he says he is feeling stronger, it will be good to see for myself. I think we will go for a meal tomorrow, it will save me cooking!

I'm not surprised you're finding the gym hard going, your body has been through so much, if you take it steady I'm sure you will gradually get there.

Cars are expensive to keep going, and the price of petrol is terrible. I wish I lived within walking distance of work, it would be great not to have to drive. I do get out for a walk every lunchtime with my friend when I'm working, she has really missed our walks.

Have you any plans for the weekend? I hope you have a good one anyway.

Only 2 to go, yahoooooooooo

Love and hugs

Jackie xxxxxxxx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

Not long till the christening now - and it will kind of be a celebration for your rads nearly being finished too. Are you having people back to your house or your daughters?

Suzie is away out with her mates so am sat here alone.

Manged to go to gym today - its not getting easier tho but am determined to keep going.

Car was in garage today and I pick it up tomorrow morning - my bank balance will be lighter by the tune of £350 quid tho - oucha!!

I have sat this afternoon and painted the picture frames that go up the stairs - bought a blood red gloss paint (the pics are black and white) - so against the cream walls and with suite etc think they are going to look really nice. They will need another coat tho.

I would hate to work 5 days a week - I know it fits in with school etc, and my 12 hour shifts are long - but if I only had to work 25 hours a week - that would only be the 2 shifts I dream of - god that would be good.

Is your dad looking forward to the christening? Does he feel he has his strenght back now?

Dont know if the baby will come back to us or not - sometimes they hang onto them in the wards down there or sometimes they send them back - all depends. Would be nice to see her again tho.

Do you have an early appointment tomorrow too?

Hope your day goes fast again
Take care
Love
Fiona
xx

jackx

Hi Fiona

Babysitting went fine last night, both boys were really good, George was shattered so went up to bed, story and sleep. Charlie went up about 8 and we didn't hear a squeek from them. It was the first time Hannah had left both of them so was pleased it had gone so well.

Back to work full time next week then, your rehab time has flown by, another step back to normality. 2 days work for a full weeks pay sounds good to me, I'm lucky working 25hrs over 5 days would really like it over less days, need to be there for school hrs tho. I mustn't complain I do get school hols off.

It always annoys me when you order something an you're told it will take 6 to 8 weeks, ok you need time to decorate but not that long, my bedroom bits took 3 months in the end, really worth the wait tho.

Went food shopping with Hannah today, she was getting food for the christening on Sunday. I am lokking forward to everyone coming up, my Dad is coming on Saturday, it will be intresting to see how he has come on since I last saw him.

You really went through it with Suzie, it must have been so scary for you, maybe more so for you as you knew what was really going on. I am glad the baby is making progress, it's nice that you keep in contact. Will she come back to you when she is stronger?

Keep plodding with the therapy, I do hope it will help you, it just takes a long time you need to take it step by step.

The Masters golf starts on the tv tonight so you can guess what will be on, never mind I've got my nose in a good book at the mo so I will be happy with that and a glass of wine.

Had an early time today so wizzed in and out, can't believe I've only got 3 left, will miss my chats with the girls they are lovely, won't miss driving in and out everyday.

Hope you had a lovely catch up with Suzie.

Talk soon

Lots of love

Jackie xxxxxx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

Just a quickie this evening.

Glad to hear your skin is holding up fine. Mine is completely healed now - relieved!!

Well that was my last day on rehab - back to full time normal next week. Its kind of good to be in a normal altho I would love to be able to just work 2 days a week for full time pay - wouldnt everyone tho??
The twins sound lovely but as you say - dont envy the mum at all. Hope your babysitting has gone fine tonight.

My suite will be about another month I think - cant remember when I ordered it now - will have to check.

I phoned Edinburgh today about that baby and she is improving slowly - spoke to her mum too and she is doing ok. Suzie was in intensive care for a week 2 years ago on life support and the full works - it was a horrendous time, and she was in hospital for nearly 8 weeks but thankfully made a full recovery.

As for my therapy - there has been no mention of how long I am going to need - does not feel like I am anywhere near close to finishing tho - I have to change the way I handle things in the future and I dont spose I can change the habits of a lifetime in 4 sessions?

Off to spend some time with Suzie
Lots of love
Speak tomorrow
Your on the final countdown - yipeeeeeeeeeeeee

Fiona
xx

jackx

Hi there Fiona

I thought it would be a longer appt today and I was right, they were running late and I could hear them having problems with an old lady, she wouldn't keep still, they gave up in the end, poor old soul. My first booster went ok, it was so nice being able to keep my arms by my side. My skin is still fine, I must get some Aloe Vera Gel for when I finish. Is your skin back to normal now?

I've had a lovely afternoon, went to see a friend who was babysitting for 3 month old twins. They were so sweet, I had lots of cuddles, I don't envy their mum tho as she has a 14 month old as well.

I hope your little baby is making better progress now, it takes a lot of energy to get strong. I don't know how parents cope when their babies are really poorly. It sounds like you went through a tough time with Suzie. I had one stay in hosp with Rich, he got Steven Johnson Syndrome through an allergic reaction to Penicillin when he was 7, that was scary enough.

Your living room sounds lovely, you can't go wrong with the natural colours, they look modern and clean. Your new suite sounds nice, when does it arrive?

Hope your therapy session goes well, have they given you an amount that you will need?

I'm off to babysit for George and Charlie tonight, they are usually really good for me so fingers crossed.

4 to go and counting!

Have a lovely evening with Suzie

Talk soon

Love Jackie xxxxx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

Hows you today then - was it a quick visit?

My study day was sooooooooooooooooooooo boring - it would have been fine for untrained people but too basic for us. My poor little baby deteriorated today and has ended up on life support in intensive care. She just got so tired but should make a full recovery once she has had the support and rest. She is only 4kg so has not got much reserves bless her. My heart goes out to the parents having been in the same situation with Suzie 2 years ago - I always used to be able to empathise but can do even more now - I can honestly say to them 'i know what you are going through' and mean it.

I am going my lounge etc cream - I like neutral and just jazz it up with rugs and prints etc - already have a rug with reds on it and prints with red and that what my new suite will have - its brown leather base with beige cushions and brown , beige, and red scatter cushions so should all come together nicely.

Cant wait to see Suzie tomorrow night - havent seen her in ages so lots of catching up to do.

Car in for breaks and a service on thursday and another session with therapist so no painting till friday probably.

Hope your boosters go well. Hows the skin?

Take care
Love
Fiona
xx

jackx

Hi Fiona

Another quick visit today, boosters start tomorrow so just one zapping, should be in and out quickly but my appt is at 12 so I think it will be a £2.60 day.

Glad to read that you're not climbing any ladders, stairwells are so high and scary, as you said no one will be looking too closely. What colour scheme have you chosen for your living room?

It sounds like you have a lovely daughter, I too was lucky neither of mine were stroppy, and neither of them went out hanging about on street corners. Rich only started going out when he was 19 and this year is the first time he won't be coming on holiday with us. He is 21 now and has got his first girlfriend they they are going off together. Hannahs pregnancy was a bit of a shock, she was 18 weeks when I had an inkling, but now we couldn't be happier. My claim to fame is that I delivered my first Grandson on the back seat of my car on route to hospital, didn't think a first baby would come so quickly.

I haven't seen Joseph, it's been to Bristol lots but haven't been. The last musical I saw was Mamma Mia in Dec the week after my dx, it was fab, really cheered me up.

I bet you enjoyed your cuddle, it always amazes me how these prem babies battle on, I have a little boy in my class who was born about 11 weeks early, he would still be in nursery had he been born at the correct time. He is quite small in the class but really doing well.

Hope you managed to keep your eyes open during your study day.

Love from

Jackie xxxxx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

Glad your day went fast today - no snow here - was peeing down rain on and off - then a beautiful looking evening.

I am happy with the lounge - will be even happier when my new suite comes!! I dont dare climb a ladder on the stairwell - I have an extension pole for the roller - and I just taped a brush onto that for doing the edging - its not the best job but its up high so no-one will notice.

I too love the musicals - really enjoy Joseph - Suzie and I have seen it quite a lot. Shy is not a word I would use to describe Suzie - or quiet - altho when she was a baby and toddler, and we went to mother and toddlers - she was such a cowardly little thing and would drop a toy if any other kiddie came near her for it and just cry. She is such a sociable happy teenager - I can honestly say she is not stroppy and moody at all - occasionally get a little bit of attitude but really nothing bad at all - I was quite like that too so long may it continue.

Work was fine today - quiet but I was looking after an 8 week old girl - who was 6 weeks early so really she is 2 weeks corrected age - even managed to steal a cuddle so that was scrummy!!

Back to work again tomorrow - altho I have a study day from 930 to 4 - I know I will struggle to stay awake - altho it should be interesting but I am just not good at sitting in one place!

Glad your sore area is nothing to worry about - hopefully you wont need all your lotions and potions!!

TAke care for now
Lots of love
Fiona
xx

jackx

Hi Fiona

Drove to hospital in snow today, didn't lay tho thank goodnes. Had a very speedy visit today, they said my tender spot was probably nerves and perfectly normal. Last full zapping tomorrow before the final 5 boosters, feel like I will be going into the final stretch on Wednesday.

Sounds like you had a busy day decorating, best thing to do really with the weather being so horrid. I hope you're pleased with how your lounge looks, make sure you're careful painting the stair walls it's a bit tricky getting so high.

I do hope you get to se Billy Elliot, I would love to see it too, will probably have to wait until it goes on tour tho. I've seen quite a few shows when they come to Bristol, I love them all and don't really have a favourite.

I don't think the right Nancy went yesterday, she shouldn't have been in the sing off to start with although out of the two she didn't sing as well in the sing off. Suzie will love it in the chorus you get to sing lots of songs then. Do you have to help with costume making? Both of my kids were too quiet and shy to put themselves up for any shows at school which is a shame as I would have loved it, I think George will make up for them tho he is so confident already.

Hope work went ok.

Take care

Love to you

Jackie xxxxx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

Glad youve had a good weekend - always good to get a bargain.

Woke up today to a fair bit of snow but its all gone now.

Had another busy day decorating. Lounge has had second and final coat and is back together again. Gave walls of staircase and hall the first coat. Kept me going all day! Working for the next 3 days from tomorrow so wont be doing much barr working and sleeping.

London should be good. No idea what I am going to see - mates are keeping it a secret - really hope its Billy Elliot - we did speak about it - love the film - but like most musicals so will enjoy it whatever. Birthday is on 25th April - not long now!

Hope your skin holds out ok - get them to look at sore bit tomorrow tho.

Just finishing watching the Nancy show. Suzie is in the chorus - playing one of the street urchins.

Our schools have finished their 2 week break and go back tomorrow - so out roads will be busy.

Hope your day goes quick tomorrow
Lots of Love
Fiona
xx

jackx

Hi ya Fiona

Have had a lovely weekend, went shopping in Bath and got the christening presents sorted, not so lucky with the duvet cover tho. Went down to clarks village today which is a factory outlet shopping centre and managed to find a couple of tops at bargain prices. Trevs golf was cancelled due to the snow that we woke up to, he was quite pleased. We went off for the day as the roads were clear, the snow didn't hang around long the sun soon melted it, loked pretty tho.

Had a good time at the party, I'm a white wine girl really but I'm trying to like red as it's supposed to be better for you, thats what I tell myself when I have another glass anyway. I'm glad that you were able to have a drink when you went out, hope you had a great time with your friends.

Sounds like you're going to have a fab time in London, a champagne place sounds like my kind of place. What show are you going to see? What date is your birthday?

Woke up on Saturday with a tender place below my nipple, it's quite tender to touch everywhere else is ok tho. My skin is fine, you can tho see where the rads hit, will mention about my tender place tomorrow. Schools are on holiday now for 2 weeks so there will be less traffic on the road.

Will watch Nancy later on and tape the results so I can watch them after, sky plus was a great invention. What part is your daughter playing? I think it's great for children to get into am dram, wish I was brave enough to do it.

Hope the right girl gets kicked off tonight.

Going to cook the tea now.

Love and hugs

Jackie xxxxx

ForumMember

Good evening Jackie

Sounds like you have a good weekend planned - good on ya.

There are 4 of us going out tomorrow and I am going to be the only one drinking - but what the hell - I deserve to let my hair down - I would only come home and decorate otherwise - lol

I think I will be home in time to see the Nancy programme but have set sky plus just in case. My daughter is in a drama group and they are doing Oliver as their show in June - so its good hearing all the songs now. I too love all the musical shows.

Work was quiet again - bit of a long day.

I think I might get off with just the one coat of paint in my lounge - will see what its like in the cold light of day tomorrow - might just have to do the 'cutting in' again but its dried really well - what a bonus if thats the case - cos the stairs, hall and kitchen are the same colour so will just need 1 coat too!!

Will go to gym in morning before my lunch - havent been since tuesday or something - not like me but have not had energy.

Have a lovely weekend and enjoy your shopping and night out

Lots of love
Fiona
xx
p.s - whats your tipple when your out drinking - mines vodka and diet coke.
Was working with my 2 friends who are coming to London for my 40th weekend - so they have booked a place for a meal and we are going to the champagne place in one of the shops in the afternoon (cant remember name of it!). Yummy

xxx

jackx

Hi Fiona

Hooray!! The weekend has arrived, no zapping for two whole days lovely. Going to go to Bath tomorrow to shop not to go to hospital, that's a novilty. Need to get a couple of christening presents for the Grandchildren, any ideas greatfully recieved, George is 3 and Charlie 6 months. Also need to find something to wear, think I'll look for a top to go with some black trousers I've got. Got some M&S vouchers to spend think I'll use them to get a new duvet set for the bedroom.

Keep going with your counselling I'm sure it will help, my friend had some when her marriage broke up. It brought up so many things going back to her childhood, she lost her mum to cancer when she was 9 and talking things through she realised she hadn't grieved properly then. Talking things through with a stranger really helped her through and she is a different person now. Still as lovely but she doesn't stand for any c***p from her x any more.

Golf is definately not my idea of fun, I did try but I couldn't get serious about it. My OH is 5 handicap so is very serious, he likes to do well.

You will enjoy going out with your friends, it will do you good to get out and relax with people who love you.

We are going to a 50th birthday party tomorrow, it will be good to get out for a change, we don't often go out. Mustn't forget to record the "Nancy" programme I love all the musical shows, I don't care if that sounds sad. Going to try and talk my son into driving so we can both have a drink for a change.

Hope your shift goes well, not too busy but not too quiet either.

Go steady with your decorating.

Take care

Love Jackie xxxxxxx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

I too enjoy our little chats.

I take it your dad is still doing well?

Any plans for the weekend?

I had a counselling session today - very draining - but sticking to it cos I know I need it. I have managed to do the first coat of the lounge - will get 2nd coat done on Sunday. I am going out on Saturday with a few friends for lunch and a few drinks - so that will be good to help me relax. I am working tomorrow - a 12 hour shift - mind you probably be more restful than decorating!!

So your married to a golfer. Do you do any? Its not something I fancy - not quite fast enough for me.

I know exactly what you mean about doing normal things. I came to the conclusion today that I am going mad with the gym and decorating - probably to stick 2 fingers up to the cancer and treatment - kind of saying - I am going to get back to normal - and the quicker the better. I do have cold sores today tho - which is always a sign I am a bit run down so will have to watch.

Take care for now
Love
Fiona
xx

jackx

Hi Fiona

Short and sweet again today, only one till the weekend, will be glad not to have to drive into Bath.

Its good to do things that make you feel better, even if it does make you a little tired. Life needs to get back to some sort of normality, I'm a little tired of people thinking I must feel ill. I will be glad when the first thing we talk about isn't my health and how I'm feeling.

I don't know if there are any support groups around here, probably wouldn't go if there was. You normaly find these groups are a bit cleeky, takes a long time to be accepted in. The KFC would have been tasty tho.

My GP said I looked pale and he thought it would be a good idea to get a full blood count done, he said it might just be the Rads tiring me out, but I feel ok. We have a blood preasure taker at home as my OH suffers with high B P and takes medication for it, mine is usually low rather than high, will have to check it not done it for ages.

Just finished watching West Side Story its one of my favourite musicals, never fails to make me cry, only wish they would change the ending so they could live happily ever after.

I think our decorating will be put on hold now till the Autumn, I'm married to a golfer and the golfing season has arrived. I don't mind tho I'm happy for him to play as much as he wants, keeps him out of my hair.

I really enjoy our little chats.

Love to you

Jackie xxxxxx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

Sometimes I dont have the energy for the gym but go anyway - and feel better after it. I used to go to the gym all the time pre cancer so this is me getting back to my normal life - I probably do push myslef too much sometimes - but its good for my head!!

I came home from work and painted the 2 doors!! I have a support group meeting tonight - I only went to my first one last month - and it was not what I expected - thought it was a bit 'cleeky' - but gonna give it another chance tonight I think. I could just be doing with staying in tho. Going to be lazy and get a KFC on the way there - yummy.

Glad your visit was short and sweet today - hopefully tomorrow will be the same.

Does your gp think you are anaemic. My boss was taking her blood pressure at work today (she is on a silly diet) - so I took mine too - it was quite high - never had high blood pressure before - so will mention to GP next time I see her. Probably cos I dont rest - lol. There is high blood pressure in the family so hope I am not developing that trait.

Speak to you soon
Take care
Fiona
xxxxxxxxx

jackx

Hi Fiona

Where do you get all that energy from to even think about all that painting, and working out in the gym. You really put me to shame, working out is something that enters my head but quickly goes. I always say my brother is the fit side of the family, he and his wife are fanatical. Steve is taking part in the Macmillan care sponsered bike ride from London to Paris in the summer so is training for that at the moment, he also ran the London marathon for Macmillan after we lost Mum. He gets my full support in fund raising.

Had a quick visit today, got the timing just right to get a £1 parking day. My skin is slightly pink but feels ok, the Rad girl said it was as they would expect. Only got 4 more zaps on the whole area, then 5 boosters at the end.

One good thing with not sharing your bed, you can get the matress of your choice, and the whole bed to yourself. Luckily we both like a firm matress, our new one is really firm I don't think many people would like it.

Saw my GP yesterday he thought I was looking pale so had to go back for a blood test today, he gave me another 4 weeks off, I will be back to work then I'm sure. I only work 25hrs a week so I wont have to worry too much.

Try and put you feet up sometimes and just chill!

Look after that back of yours.

Lots of love

Jackie xxxxx

ForumMember

Hey Jackie

Congratulations on reaching the half way mark - fabulous - not long now!!

When do you plan going back to work? I am assuming you will get phased return?

Glad your cold is better. My back is sore again - but its my own bloody fault. I just dont know when to sit down. Went to gym today and had a hard workout. WEnt out for lunch after that then came home and thought - I will just paint the woodwork in the lounge - I sat down 4 1/2 hours after starting as after I did the wood I decided I would do the roof too!!! I deserve all the aches and pains - should have just stopped at the wood! I am working tomorrow but only a half day.

Glad you had a great sleep in your new bed. I bought a new mattress last year and its one of those memory ones - I love it - my ex hated it!!

I still cant believe you dont getting your parking paid - it is so expensive for you - I think its ridiculous!

Off to relax for a while before bed.

Hope tomorrow is cheaper for you. HOws the skin holding out?

Take care for now
Love and hugs back at ya
Fiona
xxx

jackx

Hi Fona

10 down 10 to go yahoo!! having an expensive week have had to pay £2.60 both days as I've been in just over the half hour, never mind it has to be done.

A day with no patients, as you said lovely for the children but what a long day it must have been for you. Days always drag when you've not alot to do, I bet you had paper work but its not the same as working with patients. I popped into work today, had loads of hugs from the kids it was great to see them all. Looking forward to getting back now, will be starting to think about the new intake for September when I get back.

We are so pleased with the furniture, It makes the room look lovely. It was so heavy getting it upstairs, good job I've got a strong son to help. It was lovely sleeping in my new bed, had a great sleep. problem is I wasn't brought my normal cup of tea in bed today, can't think why!

Glad your back is better. My cold is better than it was and I am feeling more like it today.

The weather here has been fantastic, I hope it continues.

Love and Hugs

Jackie xxxxx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

Glad your happy with your room. Do you like the furniture then?

My decorating went fine. Think I'm going to do thelounge next - altho that will take a while - I just hate all the juggling around and mess!

Just home from work but we had NO patients today so it was a long long day - good for the kids but not for us!

I too slapped on loads of aqeous but even if it gets on clothes and bras it washes of fine in the machine. I used simple shower gel and seemed fine with that.

My back is fine now - and odd little twinge but nothing too bad - its from an old nursing injury when I was a nursing student - way back in the old days - lol!!

So tomorrowo you will be half way thro rads - that is fantastic! - I found my third week I felt most tired for some reason. Hows the cold?

Hope your rads go well tomorrow again.
Take care for now
Love
Fiona
xx

jackx

Hi Annabelle

Good luck with your first session tomorrow, things will be fine. I find it a bit surreal really, I go in whip off my top, lie on the bed, get zapped, get dressed again and say see you tomorrow all within about 10 mins.

Like Fiona I use aqueous cream, I put it on about three times a day also. I have been wearing a support bra, i put a cotton handkey over the cream before I put it on just because its a bit messy. I am not using anything apart from water when I wash, and I'm trying to drink plenty of water.

After tomorrow I will be half way through, the days are flying by, I'm sure they will for you too!

Take care

Jackie xx

jackx

Hi Fiona

That was a quick weekend, can't believe its Monday again. Rads went well today, but I am feeling a little tired, developed a cold yesterday so maybe that is why. My skin has started to look slightly pink now so I think I will leave off the bra now, problem is tho the aqueous cream, I do put on a bit and I'm left looking white, will have to wear an old t-shirt at home.

My furniture has arrived so cant wait for the OH to get home from work so we can put it in the bedroom. The curtains look good, so fingers crossed the furniture will fit in well. We ended up not decorating at the weekend, we had a good sort out and had a trip to the tip with all our rubbish. Hannah came over with the boys yesterday and we sat in the garden, it was so warm outside, I'm lucky having a south facing garden enjoying sun all day. I have just eaten my lunch out there, whilst reading my book. Dont feel; like doing too much today.

You are lucky that you don't have to do a nightshift until May, more time for you to get your strength back. How is your back? I do hope it's getting a little better.

Hope your weekend went well, and you're pleased with your decorating.

Chat soon

Lots of love

Jackie xxxxx

ForumMember

Hi Annabelle

Rads is a breeze compared to chemo - believe me!! I asked the rads nurses if it made a difference about skin colour and they said it didnt seem to work like that - some peoples skin broke down others didnt. I am dark skinned and tan easily and my skin broke down. The areas that broke down were where my bra underband was and where the strap meets the cup - which I can kind of understand with rubbing - for that all I can say is wear your bra as little as possible - whenever I was at home I did not wear my bra and cool tops. I also broke down quite badly underarm - which could do nothing to help - I just wore nothing in bed at night and tried to 'air' it as much as possible.

My unit uses aqueous cream - which you can buy a huge tub of for a couple of quid. Make sure you rub it over the whole breast area (or lack of breast in my case) and underarm too. I did this 3 times a day when I could but certainly twice a day.

As for my tiredness - I should pace myself more - but am the kind who like to get things done and am probably doing too much. This next week at work I have two 12 hour shifts and one 7 1/2 hour one - so wont be much time for anything else.

Take care and good luck for when your rads start. Let us know how your getting on. I am lucky in that I am triple neg so dont need herceptin or anything.

Love and hugs
Fiona
xxx

annabelleF

Hi ladies
I have been reading your messages with interest as I start my radiotherapy on 1st April (April fools Day -must be a connection there!) I have to have 17 sessionsand am a little concerned about the skin problems ie, burning and blistering as I am fair skinned and burn easily in the sun. When I went for my scan and tattoos, the girls in the unit told me to use E45 cream which I have been putting on my scar daily for a week so far. I had a WLE in July last yr and had my last chemo on 4th March. I have been on herceptin since January and wont finish it until December, which seems a lifetime away.

I cant believe that you are working still, Fiona, and decorating in your spare time. I am still finding I have to pace myself, although I am less tired in the day now. I certainly seem to be taking longer to get over things than I thought. Hopefully when the rain stops after the weekend, I can do some walking with the dog, although she is less keen on a long walk now she is nearly 12! I dont think I will be going back to work until June now, although my husband is enjoying me being at home as he works shifts and sees more of me - I dont have any conversation left any more!

Any extra tips would be welcome

Thanks

Annabelle x

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

Another 12 hour shift done - again not really busy - but i was looking after a 12 DAY old baby today - he was lovely and I managed to get a cuddle and feed him - I do love my job (most days) - its just all the bloody politics but that goes with any job these days.

Glad your rads are going fast. I too am dark skinned and tan easy - and I asked my rads nurses if that made any difference - they said it didnt - but fingers crossed for you.

It is definately good to be getting back to normal - wish I could afford to go part time tho - spose I have been getting used to having lots of time for myself. I also have to do night shifts normally but have managed to stay away from them till at least May - they kind of depress me anyway so dont want to rush back to them!

I too plan more decorating this weekend - along with going to the gym that will be my weekend filled. I should finish vestibule tomorrow so might start on the stairs and hall.

Speak to you soon
Have a nice weekend
Lots of love
Fiona
xx

jackx

Hi Cathy

I'm pleased you got through your planning appt and scan quite easily. Hopefully you will find it all goes well when you start in a couple of weeks. Like Fiona I didn't get a chance of a ct scan either as my hospital does not routinely do them.

So far my skin is holding up, I've had 8 of 20 so still quite early days yet. I was putting on aqueous cream about 3 weeks before the start of Rads, I did check that this was ok, it was but all units are different so its always best to check.

Good luck and take care

Jackie xx

jackx

Hi Fiona,

Another week has passed by, only 12 to go, quite surprised how quickly the visits are passing . What skin colouring are you? I was wandering if this affects how our skin holds up during rads. I'm quite dark and tan easily.

My carpet is down and looks great, I'm so pleased, will put the curtains up at the weekend in readiness for the furniture. Cream must be the in colour, we have got a creamy colour carpet with most of the walls done in natural calico. It's good you've been able to make a start on your painting, you'll be able to take it steady now. It's a pain when you can't get away with one coat, we had to strip wallpaper then prepare the walls for paint which was a challenge. I think we are going to start on the hall, landing and stairs at the weekend, they really are looking abit shabby now.

What a rewarding job you have, I have nothing but admiration for all nurses. They always get bad press but I can honestly say that every NHS member of staff that I've met both in Bath and Plymouth has been brilliant. The nurses on HDU in Plymouth were particularly brill.

Two weeks will soon pass and you'll be back full time, it's good that you've been able to go back gently. You must be happy getting your life back to abit of normality. I'm missing my friends at work and the children, it won't be long tho and I'll be back too, the end is in sight.

Have a lovely weekend, fingers crossed the sun shines.

Love and hugs

Jackie xxxx

ForumMember

Hi Cathy

Welcome - but its dwindled down to just Jackie and I catching up - but your more than welcome to join us.

How many rads are you getting then? It really will be passed before you know it. My skin broke down pretty bad but its healed up nicely now - hopefully you will be fine. Glad your hospital does free parking passes too - we dont get much perks with this flamin cancer so at least that was one!!

Does your hospital do routine ct scans - my hospital does not scan at all - no cts and no bone scans etc unless the person is symptomatic of something. I would have preferred if they did but hey ho. When I had my mastectomy my nodes were clear - which was good - if there had been any involvement I would have insisted on further scanning.

IF we can answer any questions for you just ask away. ARe you putting on the aqeous cream yet or does your unit not recommend it unless theres a skin problem?

Take care
Hugs
Fiona
xx

ForumMember

Hi everyone, I hope you don't mind me joining this thread, but I went for my planning today and was very pleasantly surprised how uncomplicated it was. The thought of going in a CT scanner scared me as I get a bit panicky in closed spaces. The hospital rang me this morning offering me a cancellation this afternoon, so I didnt have the time to worry. It was fine. I start the real deal in a couple of weeks. On the car park debate, my hospital gives out free permits so that's a bonus!!!

Cathy
xx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

Glad your day was back to normal re rads today.

Hows the carpet then? - Do you like it? I always get nervous when a carpet is getting laid in case I hate it!

I went into town today, went to gym - then came home and decided to start decorating!! I have done the vestibule - I decided I could start on the bits that wont be affected by the central heating - so I can do the hall and staircase too - and will do all the roofs too - gonna take my time tho - at least this way it wont be such a big job when my heating is done!! I was well gutted tho - cos the vestibule is cream and I am just making it cream again - but it will still need 2 coats!! - Oh well - will get another coat done on Saturday as I am working tomorrow.

I am a paediatric nurse - and we have a separate paeds hospital here so I work in the high dependency unit - so we look after any child - from a few days old up to 16 - with all sorts of conditions - so it varies greatly. Early start for me tomorrow - up at 6!! another 2 weeks time I will be back to full time - arrgghhhhh.

You take care
Glad the sun is shining and your feeling happy too

Any plans for the weekend?

Lots of love
Fiona
xx

jackx

Hi Fiona

Yesterdays appt took an hour and half, they did mark me up tho for the booster sessions. It was good to get back to a quick 20mins today, and back to £1 parking.
My day didn't seem right yesterday, all muddled.

I'm glad your skin is now feeling better, mine is still ok but it is early days yet, only had 7. I was sorry to read that you're having a bad time with your joints, I do hope your onc can give you some help and advice when you see him. You want to be feeling well now your treatment has finished. I was lucky not to need chemo as my nodes were clear, I am on Tam for 5 yrs as I was ER+, PR+ but HER-. I sometimes wish I could have had chemo, as then I would know that I had had everything.

I'm really excited as my new carpet is going down later on, and my new furniture is coming on Monday. You're right it does cheer you up to decorate, problem is you do one room then the rest look like they need a face lift. Sounds like you've got lots of decorating plans, but you're right to get the central heating sorted first. I'm not surprised you tire easily on your right side, you will have to pace yourself.

Hannah has sorted the christening for 13th April, she doesn't hang around once she decides on something. I will have 2 more sessions left then so I hope I will be ok. Dad will be coming up, which will be nice. He continues to make good progress thankfully.

Do you work on the childrens ward? I bet you enjoy cuddling the babies. I love it when my mums at school have babies, I'm always first for a cuddle.

The sun is shining here and I'm feeling happy 🙂

Take care of yourself, make sure you rest if you need to.

Lots of love

Jackie xxxxx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

GLad the lamb came out well. Cant believe we had such a snowy easter!! Its all started thawing now tho thank goodness.

Thinking about your bedroom - its nice to completely do up a room istnt it - it fair cheers me up anyway. I am going to have to redecorate my lounge, kitchen, stairs, hall and bedroom - but gonna wait till after my central heating done in case they make a mess altho I was thinking I could do the roofs out of the way - save doing it all at once. After having mast etc on right side, and being right handed - I do seem to tire easily on that side - i.e. shoulder etc.

My skin is much improved - it has finally all dried up now so just lashing on the cream and the bits that were bright red have really died down now. I really really feel old tho - my joints are really sore - apparently thats after effect of chemo - I have been taking cod liver oil for last few months but they are getting worse rather than better. I see the onc again next month so will ask him then. I was triple neg so am not on tamox or anything! My period stopped about half way thro chemo and its now been 24 weeks since I have had one - apparently the closer you are to natural menopause the less likely they are to come back - I am 40 next month and I am sure my mum was in her early 40's when she went into menopause so maybe thats it for me. It does not bother me one bit but I wwould hate to get osteoperosis or anything like that. Again will get onc to do some bloods to check next month if I have had nothing by then.

My shift yesterday went fine - we were not busy but I was looking after a gorgeous 4 week old baby so I managed to steal a few cuddles - best bit about my job!!

Hope your day goes fast tomorrow
Speak to you soon
Lots of love
Fiona
xxx

jackx

Hi Fiona

Easter came and went really quickly, I enjoyed a relaxing weekend mainly spent at home. We had a lovely day on Sunday, the lamb was cooked to perfection which makes a change for me, not being the best cook!

I hope you had a relaxing Easter, and your back is getting better. Can't be your age you're a youngun!! Your skin sounds sore, you are lucky working in a hospital lots of things to help on hand. I'm beginning to worry about my holiday, I do hope my skin won't be too bad. I'm hoping the rads staff will give me lots of dressings, cream and advice before I go.

Are you on Tamoxifen? if so how are you getting on? I've been on it for nearly 8 weeks now and fingers crossed things are going ok, get hot in bed but nothing to stop me sleeping. My period came early last month but nothing yet this month so not sure if anything happening there. Am used to taking it everyday now.

Your living room is going to be really cosy with your new suite and double glazing, I bet it cheered you up going out and chosing it. I am waiting for some new bedroom furniture to come, our bed was 25yrs old in April so thought it was about time we treated ourselves. We decided to decorate the bedroom when I found out about the bc, thought it would help keep me busy over Xmas whilst waiting for my surgery. Hopefuly the new carpet will go down this week then the furniture can come, I can't wait to see it all together, got new curtains waiting to go up but I won't do it until everything comes.

Had another quick visit today, going later tomorrow so it won't be so quick, but I will get a lie in! I need to be marked for the booster rads at the end so was told they might do that tomorrow as I will be there later and a doctor needs to check the markings.

Hope your shift has gone well, been thinking about you.

Love and hugs

Jackie xxxxxx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

Nice to hear from you. Sounds like you will have a busy easter Sunday. Suzie is off out with her mates just now and my niece - then they are coming back here to stay the night (just Suzie and my niece!!).

Back still playing up a bit - dont know what I've done - maybe its old age!! My skin is still horrendous - large areas which just look like weeping burns - I think it was a bit smelly today so I popped into work and 'borowed' some anti bacterial ointment - the same kind we use on burn patients - just typical its the weekend - hopefully radiotherapy wont be too pizd off with me.

Just went out and ordered a new corner sofa today - dont really need one but I fancied a loungier , comfier suite so thought what the hell!!

We have had some rather heavy flurries of snow - but its still not lying here - think it is inland a bit but not where I am.

You have a nice weekend
Take care for now
Love
Fiona
xx

jackx

Hi Fiona,

I was pretty amazed myself with 16 mins, I don't expect they will all be like that. It was lovely not having to get up yesterday and drive in, and it will give my skin a rest.
I'm slapping on the aqueous quite librally so hope it will help, bit messy tho!!

We don't really celebrate Easter either, but Hannah is bringing her lot over for tea on Sunday which will be nice, I have got a leg of lamb in the freezer which we will have. I hope George will have room for some after all his chocolate!

I'm glad you're pleased with your double glazing, you will notice a difference in your heating bills, which can only be good, costs a fortune to keep warm these days.

Glad to read that you had a bit more of a restfull day, you must look after your back tho, can't have you hobbling about for your birthday!

Any snow up there? we had a few flakes earlier, gone away now.

Hope you and Suzie have a good Easter.

Make sure you rest on Sunday ready for your shift on Monday.

Love to you both
Jackie xxxx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

In and out in 16 mins - thats fantastic!!

My double glazing and doors are amazing - well worth the money - it is blowing an absolute gale here tonight - and normally I would be sitting with the heating on - but its not been on for a couple of hours now - wow!!

Your christening will be something to look forward to - a real celebration for all of you.

Have had a bit more of a restful day today - altho this afternoon and evening my back is really sore - I'm hobbling about like an old wifey!

~Any plans for easter weekend. We dont really celebrate it big at all. My neice is coming to stay over tomorrow night and then Suzie will go to her dads on Sunday, as I am working a 12 hour shift on Monday.

Have a nice weekend whatever your doing.
Lots of love
Fiona
xxx

jackx

HI Fiona,

Had my quickest visit yet today, back at my car in 16 mins, pretty good I thought. I think going early is a bonus as they haven't had chance to get behind, so another £1 parking day. You were really lucky to get a parking pass, you get nothing from Bath and it's expensive. Still slappig on the cream and trying hard to drink more water, would prefer more wine but never mind!

Lots of housework not really what you needed at the end of your shift, make sure you're not overdoing things you must rest. I hope you're pleased tho with your new
double glazing. It will probably make a big difference in your house.

On the work front, I think I will probably go back the Monday after my holiday. My school has been brilliant with me, I have been there for 14 yrs and hardly had any time off. They got cover in for me and told me not to go back until ready. Hopefully when I go back the weather will be better and I will be able to play in the garden with the children.

Dad is going great guns now which is good, gives me one less worry. My daughter is planning a christening for my two little grandsons in May, my Dad will be able to come up for that which will be nice. George is 3 1/2 and Charlie is 6 months it will be a nice for us all to get together. I can't wait for her to be planning her wedding, I don't think that will be for a few years tho, unless I win the lottery!!

I hope you have a bit more of a restfull day.

Love and hugs

Jackie xxxx

ForumMember

Hi Jackie

Your rads will be finished before you know it. Unfortunately I am still quite sore - skin is now coming off in parts - ouch!!

I am a bit more tired being back at work but it will be fine - altho if I have a really bad busy shift I am sure I will feel it. Just worked 7 30 to 330 today - and came home to a complete mess of a house. My double glazing and new doors are now finished but he was downstairs today and I have only just sat down a wee while ago after cleaning - was not going to do it all but could not stand to see it so couldnt resist. Back is now a bit sore too!!

Oh - dont want to make you feel jealous - but at my hospital, rads patients are entitled to a free parking pass - so I saved myself £20 over the 4 weeks - better off in my purse eh?

Any idea when you plan going back to work. Dont hurry tho (says me) - just wandered if you had thought about it.

Take it your dad is still doing well

Speak soon
Take care
Fiona
xxxx