69142members
363108posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any trip neg with large tumours doing well?

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted

Re: Any trip neg with large tumours doing well?

Hi everyone..just looking back at old threads and wandering how you are all doing? ..I've just had mastectomy and reconstruction for a 6.5 cm node neg lobular...low onco..no chemo..in need of support! Xx Rachael xx
Highlighted

Just found this thread😊 Grade 2 or 3 , stage 2, body scans this week (wk 3) and I know its grown since wk 1 when it was 7 cm........ This thread has really cheered me up this morning! Thank you
Highlighted

Jinny

Not sure if this helps  but Cherryred, if you look back at the original posts, was diagnosed in 2004 and has posted about her friend with a grade 3 TNBC 7cm Tumour with 12 nodes involved who is doing great 12 years on.

Hope this is helpful...

Take Care xx

Highlighted

This is were I was confused if it was 5 cm or this size x

Highlighted

Hi that's really good to hear x

Highlighted

ps... she was also grade 3

Highlighted

Hi Jinny

I know this thread is quite old, so I'm not sure whether you will see it or not but hope it brings some comfort if you do. My cancer was Oestrogen + but the lady I was treated with and who became a good friend was triple neg, 7cm tumour and 14 positive nodes. She is 12 years post diagnosis and has remained well.

Highlighted

Still no one with lots of nodes involved
Highlighted

Hi I was grade 3 in the end it was just one lymoh node but my size was 5 cm 1 in boob and 1 armpit around same size when I started treatment. I had chemo first which possibly shrunk / reduced other nodes. I went through all treatment last year with a bi lateral. Plus just two weeks ago went for gene test will know results end of July

BAck at work full time but get very tired main goal now to get fit
Highlighted

I should mention it was a grade 3+ Which had nearly tripled in size in the three weeks between the biopsy and op. I had a lumpectomy 4xtaxol 4xEMC and six weeks rads.

Highlighted

I had a 2.4cm tumour which had spread to my nodes and was also full of vascular invasion.. they didn't think I'd get through chemo (taxol trial) without it returning. That was in '04 and I'm still very much here.

Highlighted

Hi, I was diagnosed in 2009, triple negative, and mastectomy and Chemo, but no node issues. I had my 5 year check up in December 2014 and doing very well. I am just waiting to start adoption leave at the end of the month.
Life is feeling as normal and positive as it can.
Wishing you well xxx

Highlighted

Hi.

Don't often look at BCC website now but I can answer Yes to this thread title. I was diagnosed in Mar 2009 with 6cm, grade 3, TNBC. No node involvement. Had mastectomy, chemo & rads and I have been doing well since treatment ended so that's 5 1/2 years now.

Ajay

Highlighted

Hi jinny
Tumour was large but no nodes involved,chemo finished nov 13,rads Feb14
Just about to go back to work and beginning to put it all behind me,good days and bad re energy levels but more good now,don't focus on tn it's breast cancer and all doable,stay positive
Highlighted

Hi jinny, I think the reason why most TN ladies haven't replied is that once they've finished their treatment they don't log in as often because they're getting on with normal everyday life. I know TN girls who are still doing well between 8 and 15 years post dx..they don't post anymore because all of this is behind them, others have never subscribed to online forums. Hope this helps xx
Highlighted

Hi jinny I thought I would reply to this as I am triple negative stage 2 grade 3 with 1 out of 9 lymph nodes removed positive. Tumour size was 35mm. I have had wle (lumpectomy) with a clear margin and I am due to start chemo beginning of November. Just waiting for ct scan first. It's a very scary time for us, so if you like we can support each other. Like you I've noticed there doesn't seem to be much activity on the forum about triple negative at the moment, I suppose because it's less common. Take care x
Highlighted

even scarier no replies

Highlighted

Did you have large tumour and nodes invovlved i dont seem to see many just anxious to find someone same glad your doing well x
Highlighted

Hi yes I am triple negative and finished all the surgery and radiotherapy in July this year and now back to work albeit very part time it's been 15 tough months but actually have some chirpy days again!! Hold on in there x
Highlighted

Any trip neg with large tumours doing well?

Hii just wandering if any triple neg with large tumours and node involovment doing well i dont really see many its mainly hormone postive ones just wanted to see for peace of mind many thanks