69142members
363108posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any triple negative having/had surgery first ?

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted

Re: Any triple negative having/had surgery first ?

I was diagnosed triple negative and just had a lumpectomy. They want to do chemo and radiation after.

Highlighted

Didnt take me long at all soon as Drains were out i felt fine just keep doing the exercises!
Highlighted

Thanks jinny and jannie . I do find it confusing that everyone has a slightly different approach and that my team have changed their. I ds twice with me.... But surgery all booked in now for Friday and seeing surgeon for a last chat today . How long did your recovery take before you were able to get back to normal physical routine ??
Highlighted

1.6 tn grade 3 and surgery first. just finished chemo and waiting for radiotherapy. no nodes effected.
Highlighted

umour Re: Any triple negative having/had surgery first ?

My tumour was 5cm and 9 pos nodes and i had surgery first i wonder why i never had it other way round x

Highlighted

Thanks Elma and all for responses . It's has been a confusing journey so far with delays, changes in treatment plan and the blow that comes with the words triple negative. But feel something is now happening and surgery is November 28th , 4 months after abnormal mammogram 😞
Wish it could have all happened sooner but trying to focus on the positives, ie it's happening and hopefully surgery will sort the nasty TN cels out and lymph nodes are clear. I never thought I would be actually wishing the time away when I could have surgery !!!!
Highlighted

Hi Brewster, I'm TN and had mx first with 1 positive node confirmed at dx, however, they thought my tumour was only 1.5 cm..was actually 5.5 cm post surgery so they may have reversed the treatment process had they known. Good news on negative sentinel nodes..hope all goes well for you xx
Highlighted

The way I understand it is that if lymph nodes are affected then they do chemo first as you'll need it regardless so they assess how the cells respond to the chemo by assessing the tumour.
Highlighted

Yeah but 4 boys!!! Wow! So you're already used to being run ragged. Yeah my beastly boy turned 1 on the 1st. He's really poorly at the moment with a skin infection so that's keeping my mind off of me. Still having them gives me a reason to get out of bed what with being jobless lol. Yeah it sucked but hey ho everything happens for a reason right? I'm on esa so we've got a small amount coming in. Should get some help with rent hopefully & child tax credits x x
Highlighted

That's awful about your job! Make sure you claim for everything you can. Attendance allowance, free prescriptions etc. do all your shopping on line! I am trying to do all my Xmas shopping in the next week before surgery , am running round like a mad woman. I have 4 boys , youngest is 12 so your two are much younger.

Keep in touch

Xxx
Highlighted

Yeah I will keep in contact it looks like we may be going through this at roughly the same time I haven't got my surgery date yet but It'll be this month I should imagine, it will be within 31 days of the 5th November so possibly the start of December. I'm hoping that it's more November than December so I can enjoy christmas, my daughter being 7 gets delerious this time of year and my boy was only a month old last Christmas so it'll be nice to see him take it all in. I don't know when I'm going to do the shopping tho (or afford it! I was let go from my job the day after I was dx) thank goodness for Internet shopping x x
Highlighted

Hi Dmcf

You are much younger than me, I am 48 but look and feel 30 LOL!!!
So sorry you are also triple negative , it's a nightmare. Can't wait to get on with surgery on 28th and then chemo. We are on the same path so keep in touch !!
Hope things get sorte for you soon

Sam xx
Highlighted

Hi Brewster. I got my dx 22/10 and found out last week that mine is also triple neg. Out of interest how old are you. I was told it's more common in younger people. I'm 31. I'm also having surgery first (awaiting appointment in the next few weeks) then chemo will start after Xmas once everything is healed sufficiently & radio therapy after that. They told me I may require up to 6 months chemo x x
Highlighted

Thanks ladies, good to ow it's "normal" to have this way round
Highlighted

I had surgery first x
Highlighted

Thanks Sue x
Highlighted

Yes Sam, I had surgery first and then chemo. I had lumpectomy tho, not mastectomy, Sue x

Highlighted

Any triple negative having/had surgery first ?

Hi Everyone, I had great news yesterday that nodes are clear (sentinel) . Originally due to start chemo today but they have re discussed case and now for surgery first . Seeing surgeon next Tuesday and hope he fits me in quick. The chemo after Xmas.

Has any other TNBC ladies had the treatment this way round. Just can't get my head round it all as my plan has changed 3 times but they are definitley doing surgery first now
Thanks !!