70427members
370439posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any triple negative survivors out there?

Jinny69

Re: Any triple negative survivors out there?

Hi I'm 19 months from treatment and I've just started to bleed after 20 months quiet heavy is there any ladies who's periods came back after such a long gap? I'm 46 I thought it was the end of them and also I worry it's something else thanks ladies happy xmas xx

Whitfield

Hello Den and everyone,  Hope you are all doing well and have a lovely Christmas time with family and friends.  Let's spend some time today thinking of those who have little support and pray that someone will pop into their lives and help them through their journeys.

Den - I feel not been on Beemers for some time as not received any. Otificatio s of postings?  I'll take a look now.  Wishing you and your whole family health and happiness.  Was at Marsden yesterday checking out new ,ump in breast which had tumour.  They think it's a node which is odd as I had them all removed.  Have lympodema of right breast and it's still mu up redder than the hospital thought it should be by now.  

Sending much love.

pam x

Marina

Wishing all you ladies a MERRY CHRISTMAS, and those who are suffering side effects now make sure you are being looked after and someone else is cooking the turkey.🌟🎄🎁😘

Hi  pam just wanted to say hope you have a good Xmas have posted on beamers but haven't seen you on there for a while hope you doing ok all best for new year to all 🍷🍰 den X

Amanda10

Merry Christmas to all you lovely ladies🎄🎄🎄thank you so much for your post pattymi so glad I popped on and saw that xxx
Marina

Thats great news Pattymi, and so positive for us newbies to hear. xx

suzanne2

Oh Pattymi that's wonderful news and so positive to hear, merry Christmas to u xxx
pattymi

Yay me me me. Just discharged from oncology!!!

Diagnosed October 2010,stage 3, 7cm triple negative tumour,3 lymph glands affected and micro vascular invasion. Only picked up on screening mammogram.

single mastectomy, node clearance, chemo & rads.

Had sepsis episode, PE, frozen shoulder, lymphoedema had a rough time for a while there, final bump in the road at the end but CT all clear, 

Glass of wine in hand, just starting to breathe again

Jinny69

Hi yass Im also stage 3 triple neg and I also have benign changes in other breast including a large fibroadenomna and I felt this change when having chemo so on a positive note I think this is normal. It's very rare new tumours appear why having chemo but like the ladies say if in any doubt get it checked out have a happy xmas and best wishes to you all x

suzanne2

Hi all hope you are all ok, just want to wish you all a merry Christmas xxxx
AnnDaw

Hi Amanda think wig might be ok now as Trev has shaved my head this morning and it seems to fit better I reckon it was slipping a bit on my hair xx.

suzanne2

Hi all I'm not sure if a tumour can grow when having chemo I know breast is slightly swollen therefore harder but that's since radiotherapy, best to get it checked tho especially if it feels the same as the other breast did. Amanda so so glad your feeling better and back in work, inverting ready to go in at 12 for my first shift back, so nervous hope they r gentle with me lol xxxx
Whitfield

Hello Yass,

best at advice is talk to the Breast Care nurse or doctor about the changes.  I have lots of breast cysts in both breasts and am always getting them checked as you never know.  An ultra sound will confirm.

the helpline on this site can also answer this type of question.  

Hoping its its nothing to worry about.

pam x

yass

Hello everyone,

I hope I have chosen the right thread to ask this question on - hopefully not intruppting the flow!

My mother has been diagnosed with Triple negative BC stage 3, and has been undergoing chemo. She is about to do her fourth session soon and is now feeling a hardned area in her healthy breast (the left), she says it is exactly in the same location as where her cancerous tumor was in the right breast - right under the armpit.

However, this was not there a few weeks ago - she is worrying about it and I would like to let her know that it is actually a somewhat common consequence of chemo in it's causing of the calcification of cysts in healthy breasts. However, I not being a doctor and not having had breast cancer -can only say so much. 

Have any of you ladies experienced this before? And can any of you say based of your experience whether a tumor could possibly grow in another breast whilst undergoing chemo?

Thanks a bunch everyone, you are all inspiring and amazing.

Yas xx

Amanda10

Morning everyone
How are you all doing ? I'm back at work after my bug and feeling a bit better now. Was sent for a few tests by doc got a bit of damage / change to liver and lung but nothing sinister I put it down to damage from chemo but heyho I can put up with that, on my exercise bike at the mo trying to build my fitness up.
Suzanne/Anne l was the same with my wig . I've got a v small head like pea size lol. What I did was get a little head band not a fancy one just thin and plastic and it was great. Held it in place and also made it look even more like real hair.
Wishing you all a great weekend xxx
suzanne2

Omg what a shock to have a car parked in your house lol I will try and look for the photo x
AnnDaw

Oh that's so funny I've read this 1 to Trev and we've had a laugh.Just got to tell you this. 4 weeks ago today 5 45am were fast asleep such a racket bang and breaking glass we had a Toyota celica parked in our front bay window back end in living room glass blinds and a few bricks.Took us hours to clean up and my daughter texted from Bristol and asked why there was a car parked in our house apparently it was on the Web somewhere. Took our boundaries hedge wall gate and posts out 1 bay frame plus glass another front window running along side of bay just glass and our bedroom window just glass.Polish driver 25 yrs with girlfriend 2 and a half times over limit. We're claiming from his insurance work has started got a wall up windows going in from Monday. Builders quote 5,700 so you can imagine damage.Anyway when we'd cleaned up I cooked Sunday roast and Rachael rang me later and said all her mates think I'm a legend bothering to cook a full dinner with the C thing going on as well. They all live in Bristol as she went to uni in Cardiff.Maybe you have means of finding picture on net Rosemary Street Mansfield if that helps have a gander eh. Think we've all got a daft story to tell. This post is nearly as long as some of Jenjen,s lol xx. 

Marina

Hi ladies, I too am Triple Negative and had first chemo on 11th Dec. Am finally feeling ok but get tired easily. I usually post on the Dec chemo monthly thread but realise that there are various start dates and really that is irrelevant. Thanks for all the great advice and positive thinking on here.
Positive thoughts to all, Marina
suzanne2

I didn't even know they were different sizes lol, mine slipped a bit until all my hair went then it felt better, I was always nervous I case it would blow off but thankfully it never did. Although I have to tell u a funny story only its not funny circumstances, a motorcyclist got knocked off his bike right outside my house in May, I ran to see if I could offer any help but the ones there seemed to have it under hand I just helped squeeze the fluids thro for the paramedics, anyway to cut a long story short the air ambulance arrived and while I was holding this fluid all I could think of was my bloody wig is gonna go any minute, luckily I managed to hold onto it, but my husband was over the road n he said he kept thinking her wig is gonna go lol xxx
AnnDaw

Hi Suzanne just catching up with posts I saw earlier.oh no I don't want anyone to see me bald. I've still got a bit of hair but will my wig feel better if I get rid of what's left because I sometimes feel it could come off in a good wind lol. Also if I put a wig cap on I feel like it's slipping probably on my hair. Another thing is for my 1st wig I was told I was average head but 2nd 1 different supplier said small head (confusions so I've got 2 sizes ) Put me right if you can please I'll try anything even super glue xx.

suzanne2

Amanda are you feeling better?xxx
suzanne2

I had good use out of my wig Anne I wore it everyday I stopped wearing it about 3 weeks ago. I wore it all thro the summer and although we don't get a hot summer here in Wales I had many many flushes with it on, but I honestly couldn't of managed without it as no one seen me bald, I just couldn't let them, stupid I know. Your friend sounds fab Anne getting a wig too xxx
AnnDaw

I think I'll be getting a good use from my wigs then as my chemo doesn't finish till March. I'm glad its during winter months though cos I imagine wigs could make you feel hotter in hot weather.Don't you wear wig now then Suzanne? When we went out Saturday night my friend Sue was so impressed with my wig she says she's going to get 1 and I do believe she will because she always asks me what clothes I've bought recently and then will text a week later and say something like(oh you know that silvery grey lace dress you had for that wedding I've got it in champagne colour for Xmas) I texted back and said well done you Sue. I don't mind I see funny side of most things and I love her to bits as a friend and don't get phased about things as trivial as that but would have probably done a few months ago.I think this cancer thing makes you see life differently don't you?xx.

suzanne2

I finished my treatment at the end of August, I was diagnosed in February. My hair is growing back nicely, it's quite thick n curly but still very short xxx
AnnDaw

Hi Suzanne I had my 2nd fec-t on Wednesday and was feeling rough yesterday but better today so had an hour in town as it's only a 7 minute walk away and got family cards and a couple of other bits then I'd had enough so yes I would say I'm a bit anxious as I would have been better leaving it till about Monday when I'm sure I'll have more energy and patience to spend more time. Where are you at in your journey as we say Suzanne? Xx.

suzanne2

Hi all I hope you are feeling ok? Ladies I hope the side effects aren't too bad following your chemo. I'm just wondering is it just me or is anyone else feeling anxious about Christmas, I don't know what it is but I'm finding hard to get excited this year, my nerves are shot mind u and I've started anti depressants which are helping, anyway I really hope you are all doing ok xxxxx
AnnDaw

Hi Pam nice to hear from you .The hair news has made me very happy already cheers.I've got a almond oil pen thing that I got from body shop last year I should think that will be ok still I'm going to start using it as from now Pam. Hope your shoulder pain is getting better xx.

Whitfield

I used baby shampoo and in one with conditioner.  But as I lost all of my hair it was used during regrowth.

now to excite you all.... My regrowth started on my six chemo.  I had eight in all so the growing started during Taxol.  Hair now is very thick and curly.

Rub nail beds with almond oil if you can as this helps and keep drinking lots of water.

Sending love and best wishes to you all.

pam x

Duranie

LOL only tablets belonging to duranies that use the word will obliged and let them use it 😉 x
AnnDaw

Hi re simple shampoo  (my tablet wouldn't let me write your name so should we change it or should I chuck this blooming thing through the window lol.) Seriously though I've been using simple products for my face but got the tea tree shampoo and aloe Vera mouthwash for half price as per offer at holland & barret.I'll visit the pound shop when I need to restock thanks for that xx.

Duranie

hi I use simple shampoo for my bald head. Most pound shops sell it they even have the simple baby shampoo which is really good too x
AnnDaw

Thanks Amanda I will get some after chemo finished no point yet as only 2nd cycle tomorrow. I bought a Doctor organic tea tree shampoo from Holland & barret today as my scalp is itchy and a bit sensitive with almost all my hair gone xx.

Amanda10

Hi Anne
Sorry the shampoo is called fast and it's 30 pounds for shampoo and conditioner it's in a pack from boots . I'm not on the Facebook site either . I found this site a brilliant help so any help / tips I can give you to help you get through it I will . Xx
AnnDaw

Thanks Amanda do you mean shampoo is called 30 soz if I sound a bit thick. Haven't got much hair left now but have got over the emotional side of it . I think with each step you have to let it out then crack on. I felt I got off lightly with 1st chemo and hope Wednesday next cycle is same. If not Amanda standby, might be wanting some advice from some of you and im not on Facebook  (don't know how you go on with it)xx.

Amanda10

Evening ladies
Sam and Anne hope you are both doing ok and not suffering too badly from side effects. If you get a bit of nausea I found ginger very good and peppermint tea, also drink loads of water. I was in the same place as you this time last year you think you will never get through it but I promise you will.
The shampoo and conditioner is 30 from boots ann. I had very long curly blonde hair and on the second chemo it started to come out I got my daughter to shave it as it was quite painful coming out also the hair was everywhere. It has been very slow to come back but I'm sure this shampoo is helping.
Hoping everyone else is doing ok ...sending lots of love xx
Sam B

Evening Anne
Well you should listen to your daughter as she's obviously been brought up very well and speaks the truth. I can tell what a warm and caring and beautiful woman you are to .
Side effects still not too bad just exhausted . My cousin came over and made us roast beef which I managed to eat and taste !!
I'm on TAC FOR 6 courses ,
Good luck with your bloods pretty lady
Thinking of you xx
AnnDaw

Ah thanks so much for that Sam it helps. Didn't go to bed till 3 15am and I was fine whilst out but fell apart again on returning home and taking wig off. My daughter Rachael texted me from Bristol where she lives and said  the same as you about inner beauty and the lovely person I am and told all her friends that I inspire her and how proud she is of my positive thinking. I cried when I was reading it but it lifted me as your post did as well. I've walked the dog with Trev went to tesco and I've cooked a Sunday roast and ate it all so trying to get back  on track. Blood's tomorrow and next round of chemo Wednesday. Hope you're s,effects are minimal Sam you'll soon be coming out of the other side of 1st cycle and crossing that 1 off. Which chemo regime are you on anyway ?xx.

Sam B

Big hugs to you Annie , that is the moment I'm dreading to .
I'm sure you still look beautiful and your inner beauty shines through and you got through that first outing in your new hair. It's just a temporary blip.
Xx
AnnDaw

Thanks Nikki for info on shampoo.My hair fell big time this evening when I washed it for Saturday night  out. I knew it would but was still devastated I cried for about 15 minutes solid then got it together splashed my eyes with cold water put my makeup on and wore wig for first time. It was a strange feeling  but a few regulars at the club we go to thought I'd just had my hair cut into a bob and had it coloured.It made me feel better but will be on a downer for a while I think. At moment it feels like the worst part of this sh--t journey I'm on because I know it's gonna be for a long time ahead.I suppose it's just another part of this thing that we learn to accept xx.

Nikki49

Anndaw - it's just called Fast, it's a pack of shampoo & conditioner and you can get it from Boots x

Sam B

All ok
Just a little tired and mouth has horrible taste but not doing a lot , sucking pineapple xx
Whitfield

good luck Sam.

hope we're all ok. Px

Sam B

It's now tomorrow thank you xx
suzanne2

Hi all hope u are all doing ok, Amanda how are you doing? Sam so glad u got a date to start xxx
Sam B

Hello
I'm fine had my oncologist appointment today, I start next Monday !!
Before then consultant wants my marker put in and sentinel node biopsy done still awaiting this appointment .
So relieved to have a date , wig appointment Friday .
When I was at my appointment still feels like I'm talking about someone else , not me.
Controlled my emotions so far today.
Hope you are well Annie xxx
AnnDaw

Hi Amanda I'm interested to know what brand the fast shampoo and conditioner is for future reference and where do I get it?. I've not worked since I started with this B/C thing firstly because of my emotional state then came mastectomy and healing time and now chemo.I'll be paid for a year so I'm going to get sorted then think about work after got a long way to go yet. Hope everyone else  is ok and not seen any posts from Sam for a few days so hope you're ok ducky xx.

Whitfield

Hi Amanda,  still having shoulder problems but feeling a lot better.  hope X-ray comes back clear. 

glad we all seem to be doing okay.

px

Amanda10

Hi everyone
I'm glad you are not having many ses from the chemo Anne . A lady who was having it the same time as me was just the same she worked nearly all the was through. Hope this carries on for you.
Great news Suzanne that you are back to work in two week . I unfortunately didn't last long I've been off with some kind of bug . I felt so ill on Friday the doc sent me for blood tests also another chest X-ray as my lung doesn't sound right .:( . On a positive note think the fast shampoo and conditioner is helping my hair to grow :).
How are you doing Sam have they given you date for your chemo yet?
Hope you are doing ok Pam do you feel pretty much back to normal physically or are you still getting some aches and pains ?
Love Amanda xxx
AnnDaw

Hi Lesley thanks for asking. Everything was OK with chemo no bad s e,s.The first 3 days of steroids gave me a fuzzy head. Didn't have any sickness feelings so didn't take the meds.Had the mouth taste which got on my nerves. Did the 5 days of injections and no muscle or joint pain. Pretty much carried on as normal and rested if I felt tired. I can't imagine it will be as easy all the time but I'll be happy as Larry if it is xx.

suzanne2

Hi Pam, hi all, I'm ok starting back to work 2 weeks today, hope u are all ok. Always thinking of u all xxxx