Anybody starting treatment in Cheltenham

Hi, diagnosed last Wednesday and still in shock, having chemo before surgery which is due to begin on 26th Nov and was wondering if there is anyone starting this scary roller coaster of a journey in Cheltenham too.

Hi lethia

Welcome to the BCC forum.  You might find it helpful to have a look at the chemotherapy monthly threads.  These are set up by members starting chemo in a particular month. I have attached a link to the November group:

forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Chemotherapy-monthly-threads/November-Newbies-2013/m-p/788912#U788912

As well as the support to be found on the forum, you might also find it helpful to talk things over with one of our Helpliners.  The opening times are 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays.  The number is 0808 800 6000

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Hello

I am 16 months on from diagnosis and i’m still having 3 weekly Herceptin at Cheltenham General. I had surgery (lumpectomy), chemo and radiotherapy. I know of two people who are having chemo at the moment at Cheltenham. Have you been to Maggie centre yet? I attended their getting started and hair loss sessions. They were really informative and i made new friends there whom i still keep in contact with. Also attended the look good feel good make up session well worth going. The focus centre in oncology outpatients has all the details and they offer you 6 free treatments of massage, reflexology etc