73.4K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone Interested in a Leeds W. Yorks meet up?

Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Anyone Interested in a Leeds W. Yorks meet up?

Had a lovely natter and a cuppa with Rehana and Beverley in Debenhams coffee shop, and then a lovely wander to Marks n Sparks, where I tried not to spend, oops didn't work and got myself 2 new tops!!!!! Thanks for the meet up ladies, looking forward to the York meet up, Simone xxx

wintersocks

Hi Southernlucy,

just read your post, I don't appear to have anything in the 'PM' box so to speak, but I am not quite used to this website, am just getting the hang of it.

I hope you are ok? I am not sure who is who at the moment, I keep getting mixed up with who is who, what diagnosis and where they are from. Maybe I should be comforted that there are so many of us!

I got my appointment thru for the Headstrong thing in Halifax, but it is the same morning as my 1st chemo March 23rd. I just don't want to do it at the moment. I still cannot read thru my pathology report, and I know that is not the complete picture as have had an MRI and CT to be discussed with me yet..but think will stick fingers in ears for that one.

W'socks (Gillian)

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all.

Mujum, thank you for posting and letting us know how you are. The last few weeks must have been so stressful for you but getting on with surgery and rads is positive and will get rid of the b****r. I look forward to seeing you again when you are up to coming to another meet and lots of healing thoughts coming in your direction.

I did send PM's to both Wintersocks and El Katrano about lifts but checking on my message site this morning there was no sign of them so I suspect they were lost in the internet fog and never arrives, many apologies. Any other meets and I am very happy to pick up, it is always nice to have someone to chat to on drives as well. Welcome Amanda, a get together in Halifax would be lovely.

Hope everyone who made it to White Rose today had a nice time, I had car trouble -( so didn't make it.

Hope to see all soon xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello all

Sorry I couldn't join you today, hope you had a good catch-up and supportive time together - I was having pre op assessment at LGI. Just to bring you up to date, after 2nd tax treatment, MRI showed no shrinkage in tumour, so I have been referred back to surgical team for MX asap. Waiting for date now, almost certainly wb 26 March - they promised by the end of this month.

So it looks as if I won't be able to meet for a bit, but hope to do so following surgery. I'll also have 15 rads. I think that this is almost certainly because of the non-shrinkage and TNBC. Reconstruction will have to wait until 6 months after rads, but I am focusing on getting rid of the b****r first ....

Ref the various places each of us is from, I hope that those without cars might get offered pickups from those with - I am always willing, once I am driving again, to collect and deliver people in N and W Leeds, or on way to venues, eg would happily pick up on way to York or Halifax if meeting there.

So - best of luck for next meet - I will be thinking of you!

Hugs, Mujum

lisha

Hi ladies ,hope you have a fab time today when you meet up today.I enjoyed it when we met at roundhay park.My hubby brought me last time but he is really busy and can't really take time off at the moment so i will miss this meet:-( . I hope the meet at york still goes ahead as i have managed to get every tuesday off so hopefully we could all sort something. Anyway have a great time and let us know how it went xx
Sharon xx

wintersocks

Hello Charliechuck (Amanda)

I live near Hailfax, I am just diagnosed, and starting chemo 23/3/

I think I am a stage 2 - , I am still having scans etc, so I guess do not have my full diagnosis yet.

I am really traumatised by everything, it would be great to meet in Halifax/surrounding area If you would like?

And anyone else in the Halifax area too.

I will wait to hear/watch thread.

Socks (Gillian)

libsue

Hi wintersocks, Caroline and Amanda, welcome to the group - lovely to hear from you.

Caroline, is your surgery 15th of March, if so best of luck for Thurs and do let us know how it goes.

Keep looking in here ladies to see what future arrangements are made, it will be lovely to meet you.

Simone et al, I'm still not sure if I can make WR Thurs, hoping I can and will let you know tomorrow night.

Libby x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Ladies

I would love to meet up next time if it isn't too far away. I will keeping watching the thread.

I live in Halifax too and can see that a few of you are from Halifax and wondered if you wanted to have a small meet up in Halifax??

I am nealy two years down the line though but I still have 3 monthly check ups, triple neg and would like to meet up with other ladies going through this. I had my chemo at home so didn't meet up with anyone at the hospital.

Love Amanda xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi,

I live halfway between Leeds/York.(Work in Leeds).Have recently been diagnosed with invasive lobular breast cancer (2 areas totalling 4.4cms)stage 2 and am having surgery in York on 15th-therapeutic mammoplasty and SNB. It has been such a shock, and although my family and friends have been brilliant,I sometimes feel very alone.I would love to meet up with others who are going/have gone thru'this horrible experience. Hope you have a good meeting on 15th, and maybe I will be able to join you next time?

Caroline
x

wintersocks

Hello there happycat,

Think that might be difficult for me to get to. I am the other side of Halifax and I do not drive. I have not yet started treatment (March 23). I would quite like to meet with others, but maybe next time. I still feel deeply traumatised, and a bit 'frozen'.

But, i can talk to others on here, if it becomes too much.

Wintersocks

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi WS
yes the whiterose is in Leeds
Rehana

wintersocks

Hi Southernlucy,

Thanks for your reply, yes I am stunned, no I don't want to be on here as everyone else doesn't.

My emotions are all over the place it's all too awful, thank-god for all the lovely ladies who have replied to me, I can't even re-call most -sorry about that. I am starting with my 1st chemo on the 23rd March then surgery then radiotherapy. I think you have been through most of that already? How are you?

Yes, they are wonderful in Halifax Hospital, I was in a right state on my 1st visit to the Mc Unit, it was all too surreal.

Re the 15th is that Whiterose in Leeds?

WSx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi WS. I have just finished surgery, chemo and rads, all bar rads at Halifax. Everyone was really nice to me there. I am going to the coffee meet on 15th at White Rose if you fancy going. The starting chemo in March thread should be good. The Sept girls for me have been wonderful. You must still be feeling pretty stunned, so sorry that you have to be here but we will all be willing you through the months to come. X

wintersocks

Hello all.

I live in the Pennines, I have just been diagnosed about 2 weeks ago, am still having tests (scans etc).

I have my 1st chemo March 23rd. I am being treated in Halifax. Any one else near me?

WS xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all
I can't wait for next thursday will be great to meet more of you
Rehana

Guest user
Not applicable

Hey Libby, more the merrier if you can make it, no worries if you can't there's always next time xx

libsue

I too would like to meet up, but will let you know if I can make it nearer to the day.

Pat, I'm sorry to hear about your father in law, very sad news. How exciting though that you are soon to be a nana, I hope your dau has an easy delivery.

I hope everyone is OK.

Libby x

Guest user
Not applicable

Pat, sorry to hear your sad news re your father in law, and fingers crossed for nana duties arriving soon. Would be nice to see you if you are available on 15th, would be lovely to see you too Julia xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all. I should be free on the 15th so would like to meet up with you too. Are you up for it Tina?

Julia x

Patlufc

All being well I will come on the 15th but father in law died so may be at a funeral, and my daughter will hopefully have had her baby by then so will be a doting nana hehehe.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Rehana

Brilliant, look forward to seeing you on 15th

Simone xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Simone
I should be free on the 15th so would love to meet up with you and beverley
Rehana

rozita

Hi ladies I live in York and hav been looking at your thread. I see you call each other tykes. Well I thought I would add about a lovely restaurant tht is next to a golf club in flaxton. And it's called " tykes". They do lunch offers n has lovely leather sofas and would b a lovely place to meet but prob need a car t get ther thts th only think. But you can get to it from a64 x rozita

Guest user
Not applicable

Hey All

If anyone fancies coming along, feel free, as Beverley and I are hopefully meeting up for a cuppa on 15th March at 1.30 p.m. at Debenhams/Thorntons end of Whiterose centre. Simone xxx

libsue

Hi everyone,

I've not been very active on the forum for a couple of days as I've had a tummy upset which drained me, hence why I've not posted here.

Tina, nice to hear from you, I think our next meet-up will be in York and it would be lovely to meet you if you can make it, keep looking at this thread for an update.

Hi Julia, hope you are well; I'm feeling more lively and managing some housework also I can walk for longer and even climb a flight of stairs without needing to rest halfway up. I do still tire easily but there's definitely some improvement. I get the result of my lumpectomy Tues next week, I have my fingers and eyes crossed for clear margins. I'm not sure when we hope to arrange to meet in York, I shall have to wait and see whether I go onto having Rads or need a MX, I'll let you know after Tues. I too really enjoyed our last meet and am looking forward to the next one.

I hope all Tykes are well, please let us know when it's convenient for you to meet-up again.

Take care everyone.

Libby x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Tina
if you google breast cancer haven you will find it
lol Rehana

Guest user
Not applicable

thanks for the link lucy will go an have a look at it ,an also havnt heard of the haven but sounds interesting where do i find there number ? , have only lived in bradford for 2 years now an only find my way round leeds due to my best friend sat nav lol post code in an off i go love driving , my partner works in armley .

looking forward to meeting up with others an will watch for postings on here xxx take care every one xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Tina. It would be lovely if you could join us, not sure when or where next meetup is. Have you heard as well about the Haven in Leeds, you don't have to be referred just phone them up. Advice, social contact and nice therapies (first 8 or 10 free). Hope to see you soon.

To all Leeds girls, any idea of next meet? It was really nice to meet you all the last time.

Mujum, hope you have a lovely relaxing recuperate in Greece.

Julia x

Lucy_BCC

Hi Tina and welcome to the BCC forums

Along with the support and information here I am posting a link to the BCC secondaries information page where you will find publications and further support ideas, such as the helpline which you may find helpful:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/secondaries

Take care
Lucy

Guest user
Not applicable

hi ,
i have just been diagnoised with secondarys , but would really love to meet up an chat with a few ladies i went through my originaly bc in 2003 an have only been living in bradfors 2 years an donr have many friends around here all my friends live in lancashire an lincolnshire bit of a way to drive even on a good day . hope everything is going well for you libby x an everyone else who has posted on here would be so nice to meet up for a coffee an talk xxx tina xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

hi Libby
glad it went well, always good to be 1st in and to get home quick.
Take it slowly and recover well
lol Rehana

libsue

Lisha, yes we must be better organised for our York meet-up, I'm really looking forward to it. My operation went Ok, I was the first lady to go into theatre at 9.30am (so little time to sit thinking about it), I recovered quickly and after begging and pleading I was allowed to go home at 1.30pm. I do have some pain, but that's to be expected. I now have two weeks to wait for the biopsy result and hope the margins are clear........if they are I can then have radiotherapy and see an end to active treatment. Hope you are well and enjoying the pleasant weather.

Sorry to hear you missed the other ladies Beverley, and I hope you arrange a date to meet up with them soon. I had a lovely time at Tues meet up, and it was good to exchange experiences; I'm sure chatting with the other ladies will be good for you.

Simone, Pat, Rehana ........hope you all had a good natter and a few giggles over your cuppa's.

Wishing everyone a good weekend.

Look after yourselves ladies.

Love and hugs.

Libby xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Beverley, sorry we missed you, we ended up in Debenhams cafe! Just give me a shout, same as Rehana. I work 9 til 1 at the moment in Wakefield so can be at the Whiterose centre within 15 to 20 minutes, and always up for a cuppa, I'll pm you my number, Simone xxx

lisha

Hi ladies ,think we have all learnt a valuable lesson this week..... Next time get numbers lol.
I hope the ladies who met today had a great time .We certainly did on tue and i hope next time when we meet in York we all swap numbers so that no one misses out .I am really looking forward to it. As soon as we get near meeting we will have to sort a date out so that the ladies who are having treatment can sort a suitable time and the ladies who are working can fit it round that.Until then i will look forward to it.
Libby i hope you are ok .Take care everyone and hope all on treatment aren't having too bad a time of it .Love Sharon xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Beverly
sorry we missed you I had a multi coloured stripy hat and scarf on.
I am free next week on thursday and friday if you fancy meeting somewhere? will pm my number
Rehana

barneyb

Hi Simone

I went to the White Rose today and then realised how silly I'd been in not swapping mobile numbers etc. There were lots of ladies having coffee - but of course I'd no idea who you were!! Anyhow bought a coffee and sat for a while, people must have thought I was a bit weird peering at everyone!! Stayed till about 2 and then went for a little walk, as I came back past Costa I saw a group of 3 ladies and nearly approached them but then felt foolish! One had a white blouse on?

Oh well never mind - next time?!!!

Beverley xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Beverley, you are more than welcome to meet up with us, would be lovely to meet you. Yep, outside Debenhams near the costa/fishbowl!!!! See you there, Simone xx

barneyb

Hello there

Sorry missed Tuesday as I had double booked and had to attend a meeting. Would love to meet up with you ladies tomorrow at the White Rose - would that be ok? I work Friday mornings but finish at 1pm so would be there for 1.30. Is it by Costa outside of Debenhams where you are meeting?

Beverley xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Rehana, once we get a date and time we can arrange to meet on Leeds station and travelk together. The good thing about York is that it's not too difficult to find your way around, and it's alovelt city. If you haven't been and you have the energy, make time to visit the Minster - it's spectacular.

Hugs, Margaret

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi
at meet up in York sounds lovely though my sense of direction is very bad and tend to get lost so may be better if some of us Leeds lot go together
Rehana

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi
good luck for tommorrow Libby
lol
Rehana

Guest user
Not applicable

Fab food and cakes and a pot of tea with 3 cups sounds great, can't wait for York, nice one Ninja xx

Great big good luck hugs for tomorrow Libby xx

See you all soon, Simone xxx

libsue

Pat, Simone, Happy Cat and anyone else who goes along to White Rose, I hope you have a lovely meet-up. I wish I could make it but alas I'm in LGI tomorrow for my op. I hope it's not too long before we arrange the York rendezvous. Have a good natter ladies and enjoy the retail therapy.

Sharon, I'm pleased you had a good time yesterday, I too thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm sure you had a lovely tea on your way back home, and it was worth the extra calories. You are very slim anyway, so no need for you to worry.

Ninja, I'm happy to go along with any venue in York and as it's your home town I trust you know the best cafes'.

I still haven't packed my suitcase to take to Hospital tomorrow, my heart just isn't in it. I'm hoping to be a day patient but have to pack overnight necessities just in case! I've to present myself at 7.15am so don't think I'll go to bed tonight, I may snooze on the sofa. I'll do my packing soon, ooh wonder if I can keep my wig on in the theatre........anyone know?

Take care everyone and enjoy the warmer weather we are expecting. It will be ideal for riding Julia, and pleasant for everyone else to get out walking, I'm hoping the weather is still good when I've recovered after my surgery.

Libby xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Sounds lovely - local knowledge is very useful!

Suggest we wait until Libby is a bit recovered from her op tomorrow, before we try to set a date - maybe towards the end of March?

It will be great to get the whole group together if we can this time - barring b****y power cuts!

Hugs to all, Mujum

Ninja

When we do the York thing, what about the City Screen on Coney Street?
It's dead centre, not too far to walk to from the train station, it has fab food and cakes, the pots of tea have *3* cups in them each, and I have a discount card for food/drink that you can all use.

The lounge/cafe area is relaxed and lovely and there are outdoor tables overlooking the river outside if it's nice.

lisha

Hi everyone, just a little message to say it was really great meeting everyone .We had a really good chat and i really enjoyed it as I'm sure did everyone else too.Although like Julia it took a bit of time to find and when given directions i was told it was closed due to a power cut 😞 .Luckily i still went down though as i managed to catch the other ladies before we moved on.
Its a real shame that Simone,Ninja and Happycat all missed out though we must just have missed some of you as we waited about 35 min extra. As everyone has said next time we should pm our phone numbers then if anyone gets lost or is going to be late we can make arrangements.
It will be lovely to meet in York its a great place with lots of coffee houses .Hope anyone meeting on friday has a lovely time and will see you next time hopefully .
Thanks Libby for starting this thread it was a great idea and the best of luck with your op .Will be thinking of you .Love Sharon xx
P.S Julia you so shouldn't have mentioned we were supposed to be going out for tea ,we ended up at the three cups at stamford bridge .Better luck with my diet for the rest of the week i hope;-) .xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Simone
1.30 friday is good for me. See you there
lol Rehana

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Rehana, I'm meeting Pat on Friday at 1.30 p.m., you're more than welcome to come along, as is anybody, more the merrier. Coffee and retail, what a combo!! Meeting at Debenhams end, oooh just near Thorntons, my favourite!!

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi
sorry I missed you all should have waited a bit longer. If you are going to whiterose on friday I'm free just tell mw where and when
Rehana

libsue

Simone and Ninja, thanks for your understanding. We must all arrange to meet in York next time AND exchange phone numbers.

We all had a lovely time, and it was great meeting the ladies. I found it a positive and useful experience, we had a few giggles too.

I'm looking forward to meeting you both in York - soon I hope?

Libby xx