73.4K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone Interested in a Leeds W. Yorks meet up?

Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Anyone Interested in a Leeds W. Yorks meet up?

Hi Gillian

Sorry, southernlucy is Julie, scroll to see libsue's note to her, responding that she was in Venice.

This is the problem with these alias names ....

Hope Julie (southernlucy) will respond - or you could send her a PM.

If not, let me know when you will get into Leeds and we can arrange that I pick you up.

Hugs, Mujum

wintersocks

Hi Mujam,

I am a little confused! do you mean Julia or Julie? as I can't find a Julie,

Thanks so much for organising

Socks

Guest user
Not applicable

Gillian, that's good news.

Julie, might you also be able to pick up Gillian as well as Caroline? Please will you contact each other to arrange?

Gillian, if Julie can't manage this, I will pick you up at Leeds station.

Looking forward to seeing you.

Best, Mujum

wintersocks

Hello,

Weds is good for me to be at Leeds Station, bUt I wonder if I could get a lift with someone to wherever it is we are going? as I'm not sure where it is.

Thanks

Gillian

Guest user
Not applicable

So far, that's Rehana, Julie, Libby, Caroline and myself, confirmed to meet at Roundhay Park Lakeside on Wednesday at 2pm.

Julie, really jealous of you in Venice - it is soooo beautiful, stunning corners wherever you look, and must be super this time of year too. There was TV programme about the Redentore festival earlier this week. Might you be able to pick up Caroline at bus station in Leeds? Caroline, suggest you PM Julie your mobile number so you can make contact.

All welcome, do join us if you can.

Should be good "crack" - will be good to catch up.

Mujum

libsue

Julie, lucky you in Venice. Last time I was in Venice it poured with rain but didn't stop us enjoying ourselves. Have you visited Murano or Burano? Both are worth visiting if you have time, but there's so much of interest it's amazing, and time does limit what you get around to seeing. Enjoy the rest of your stay.

Weds at 2.00pm is OK for me. It will be lovely to meet up with both old and new faces.

Libby x

Guest user
Not applicable

Sorry checking in late but my excuse is good. Am in Venice for long weekend and it's beautiful today in the sunshine, forecast to rain for the rest of the time but that will be fine as well Weds is good for me and can pick up from Leeds train or bus station I carried on going out Gillian and just avoided people with obvious colds etc. The only bug I caught my daughter brought home from uni. Will be lovely to see you all. J x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi,

Next wed is fine for me. I'm going stir crazy not being able to drive yet! My man is away working in Portsmouth then, so I will get the bus from where I live (Sherburn-in-Elmet)to Leeds bus station, so does anyone happen to know what bus I would need to get to Roundhay Park from Leeds centre?
Caroline
x

libsue

Lakeside is good for me, Mujum. Can I let you know nearer the time if I'd like a lift? I'll PM my phone number.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Libby x

Guest user
Not applicable

Great - please can everyone respond to say whether this is OK?

I suggest 2pm, so lunch people may have gone by then.

(Please PM for my cell phone no - edited by moderator) - we needed numbers last time, to ensure we rounded everyone up.

Looking forward to seeing you and good chat. Please also let me know if anyone needs picking up from station (or Libby, from Headingley?).

Hugs, Mujum

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All
Next wednesday is ok for me Roundhay Park would be a good place to meet
What time 1.45 would be good for me as have a meeting at 12 till 1
xx Rehana

Guest user
Not applicable

Wed next week sounds good - why don't we try the same venue whose electricity supply let us down last time, ie Roundhap Park Lakeside?

I would think that the space is sufficient to avoid worry about infection, since we won't be crowded together - and all of us have the sense not to come if we have colds etc.

I haven't booked flights yet, will wait until after RT prep session on Monday, just to make sure that the seroma (still there but not serious) won't delay treatment. So by the time we meet, I should have flights booked!

Looking forward to seeing you all. Once we have venue decided, I am happy to pick up people at Leeds station if that's helpful. (I only have space for 2 people - small car)

Hugs, Mujum

wintersocks

Hi Libby,

Ok. Weds is good, did we decide leeds? does that suit others who might want to come along?

I will be 5 days post chemo (2) so that should be ok for me.

Gillian

libsue

No Gillian, my mistake. I meant to say Wednesday, I'll edit my post.

wintersocks

Libby,

I cannot do Tues as have a GP appt, but that's ok. I can perhaps meet with you all next time?

GilliaN

libsue

OK ladies, how about Wednesday next, as that day seems good for everyone? As to where we go in Leeds I really don't mind. If anyone has a preference please say.

Mujum, fantastic news I'm so very pleased for you. Have you booked flights yet; the news must have been a tonic.

Libby x

wintersocks

Hi Julia,

That will be my 2nd week follwing chemo. I have heard it is not good to travel at that time or be in public places?

Do you think it will be ok ? Did you go out and about at this time?

G X

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all.

I'm good at the moment for most days. If we do it another week after is there a nice cafe at St. James' and then Libby could get to rads on time. I can stand any amount of coffee and cake. Very happy to go with any arrangement and can give lifts. Lovely to hear you sound so much better Mujum, the thought of a holiday and a plan does that to me too.

Hope to see you all soon xxx

wintersocks

hello all,

Weds best for me as have GP Tues, Halifax, Leeds is best as I never learnt to drive!

Thanks

Socks. x

Guest user
Not applicable

Tues or Wed next week good for me - let's try to go for it and look at other dates too.

Where?

Now have the dates for my RT preparation (16th, next Monday) and treatments - start 30th April, end 21st May. That should mean we can book holiday for end of May - very excited about that!

Best, Mujum

libsue

Please don't feel bad, WS. At the moment you are more flexible than me, as I'm having 20 rads so won't be finished until mid May. I can make beginning of next week ...say Tues or Weds, but these days may not be convenient for others. What does everyone think?

Lovely new pic, WS, great hairstyle.

wintersocks

Hi Libby,

Well I have only had 1 chemo, and I felt reasnobly ok. I have heard that some ladies have been worse with the 2nd.

But, I anticipate I will be able to go out. But don't want everyone to work around me as that will make me feel bad!

As I am sure rads is no walk in the park either.

Socks

libsue

Hi Carrie, Sorry to hear your incision isn't healing, it must be disappointing to have to wait for rads to start.

Hello to all, Wintersocks has chemo on Friday, and I start rads on 19th. WS, do you suffer S/E's the first week of cycle? If so you won't be available next week and I won't be able to make a meet up after 18th, I have rads appointments for a week and they are all mid afternoon. I suggest you all make a convenient arrangement disregarding me; if I can make it I'll be there, otherwise I'll see you all at a meet up when my rads have finished.

Take care all.

Libby x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi to everyone,

I would really like to meet up somewhere. Anywhere in Leeds or York would be best for me,as unable to drive yet after my surgery as my wounds just will not heal! I should have been starting rads this month and joined the "starting rads in April" thread, but at this rate it will be April 2013!
I could always persuade my hubbie to drop me off if the meeting place was a bit out of the way?

Caroline
x

wintersocks

Hi Julia,

Would love to see you again, I'm so glad we had that meeting it helped prepare me for the 1st chemo.

Next one is this Fri the 13th! at Halifax.

I hope you are well? and that you enjoyed your visit to HB,
and yes Halifax is a bit rubbish, but there is a Cafe Nero, but let's find what works for all.

P.s The hair is hanging on by a thread!

Gillian

Guest user
Not applicable

Ninja, Caroline and Simone (wanted to talk horses to you, am sure you said you ride) it would be really nice to meet you all. York in summer sunshine sounds wonderful and I was cross to miss out on your cafe Ninja as it sounds so nice. Halifax to be honest is a bit rubbish in the nice cafe department. xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all.

Would be really nice to meet up again. Not started back at work yet but have been in to talk about it and should be back within a few weeks. Only working mornings to start with though so breaking in gently and the rest of the team will take care of me.

Mujum glad you have had your surgery, I can imagine that there is sadness at seeing part of you disappear but good in that the ba****d tumour has had it's come uppance and got rid of. Has your taste returned yet, it took me about 6 weeks before it was back to normal. I have put on a stone since finishing chemo, eating everything I couldn't taste before.

Gillian you sound as though chemo has been reasonably kind for you (it's the first week it's so pants) and you have had a few nice trips. I am so glad. It will be lovely to see you again.

It has been bitter over the past few weeks, I just loved it when the weather was so lovely. Can't wait for the summer.

Hope you're doing well after your surgery Libby, it's such a long stretch isn't it? and that you are being spoilt with your OH cooking. It takes longer than we expect to feel anywhere like we used to if we ever really will.

I am good to meet anywhere and can give lifts as needed. Hope you can make it Lisha. Congratulations Pat on the baby grandaughter, I am looking forward to one of those (none on the horizon yet). I think at the moment Wintersocks is the only one on chemo so it will have to be in the good time. And Amanda from Halifax too if you are reading this.

See you all soon I hope xxx

libsue

Hello everyone,

Mujum, I'd like a trip to York but not until the weather improves. I walked into Headingley today with OH and felt so miserable as there was a cold wind blowing, we had intended to walk back but I'd had enough of the wind so we caught a bus home. I'd rather enjoy York in warmer weather.

Wintersocks, it would be lovely to meet you, I'm happy to meet in Leeds or Huddersfield if either are convenient.

Would anyone else like to meet up?

I hope everyone's OK.

Julia, I've not seen posts from you on BCC for a while, are you back at work?

Lisha, how are things with you?

Hope to see some of you soon.

Libby x

wintersocks

Hello all Yorkies,

I would like to meet up (have already met with a lovely lady.) York is too far for me to travel, but I can do Halifax/Leeds or any where accessible by public transport.

I am about to have my 2nd chemo (Friday).

Please get in touch if this is possible for you.

WS

Guest user
Not applicable

What a pity that the last meet fell apart - and no activity since.

Maybe it's possible to look again at York?

How is everyone? I am now almost 2 weeks after MX and see surgeon this afternoon, hoping for encouraging path report, and quick progress to rads. Mx easier to cope with than chemo, at least physically - obviously, some sad times at losing part of me, but also good feeling to get rid of the tumour.

Hugs to all, hope we can meet up again.

Mujum

Ninja

Good job I checked the forum before I set off! That means that only me is going.

I'll cycle along anyway just in case someone else turns up...

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Ninja and anyone else who's meeting up today in York.
I'm really sorry but I won't be able to make it. I was back at hospital yesterday as I have a wound infection, and I am now on antibiotics and feeling lousy. It's such a beautiful day and I was really looking forward to meeting up.
Have a great day.See you next time.

Caroline
x

Guest user
Not applicable

Ninja, can't apologise enough but have been asked today to cover for somebody who's gone off sick at work, and there's only the 2 of us that are qualified to deliver this particualar piece of training, so where I thought I was going to be able to have the afternoon off turns out I now can't!!! Have a big cuppa for me xxx Hopefully will meet up soon xxx

Ninja

York meet tomorrow Tuesday 27 March at City Screen's Riverside Cafe. It does scrummy cakes (& lunches for the hungry) and big, big tea pots, plus the opportunity to sit outside over the river if it's nice.

It's tucked away off Coney Street. Find St Helen's Square (where Betty's is), then find Coney Street - it has Black's on the other corner to Betty's. Turn right opposite Starbuck's, down by an ancient church.

The Riverside Cafe is through the cinema entrance and head straight on towards the river.

Looking forward to meeting Simone and Carrie - sorry you can't make it Lisha. Maybe next time.

lisha

I'm so sorry but I can't make it tomorrow .my work rota changed this morning due to somebody being on sick. I have already asked for a few days off next week as I am going to Blackpool for a few days with my OH .I daren't push my luck any more as I have only been back at work 7 weeks after 7 months off.Have a lovely time ladies and have a cake for me . Xx

Ninja

I've got Yoga in the morning till 11.30 so it may be 12.30 when I get there - I'll be cycling in from the village to cut out parking costs.

Looking forward to meeting you girls

Patlufc

Sorry I won't be able to make the meetup tomorrow. Maybe next time

Pat x

barneyb

Sorry I won't be able to make it this Tuesday, I have other commitments this time, but would love to be able to go to the next meet up.

Hope all going have a lovely time.

Beverley xx

Ninja

Hi girls, I think that Lisha, Simone and Carrie said that they could make Tuesday 27 March. So that will be four of us.

I'll get there about midday and just hang around with a nice pot of tea. I'm easy to spot, platinum blonde hair (as in avatar) that is growing back and going in all directions instead of the usual chemo curls.

What time are you others thinking of coming?

libsue

Good luck for tomorrow Gillian. It won't be as bad as you envisage, hope any S/E's are minimal.

Libby x

wintersocks

Hi Julia, (Southernlucy)

Hiya, re: a coffee in Halifax etc, Don't worry about taste buds, I am a Coeliac (gluten intolerant) so is difficult food-wise any way. I am quite keen to meet up with others to talk to.

I am finding it so difficult with friends/family as I feel (maybe wrongly) that they cannot possible understand what it is like to be diagnosed with breast cancer, therefore I have withdrawn from them a little. I hope not always like this, but for the moment that is how I feel.

So, am up for a meet in Halifax area, My 1st chemo date is this Friday the 23rd at 11.

Gillian

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all Yorkshire girls. Really sorry but unable to make the 27th in York, have family commitment in Oxford on that day. Have a scrummy time with lashings of tea and cake.

Gillian, you may not feel like going into cafe in the first week as taste buds go west for a few days, will be thinking of you on the 23rd. I am up for coffee in Leeds, White Rose or Halifax this week or the week after next.

Hope all going well Mujum and you have a date to plan for. Just look ahead to Greece and recuperation in the sunshine.

Julia x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi,
Just discharged from hospital after TM and SLNB. Very sore but not feeling as bad as I thought I would, drain has been taken out, and only had to spend 2 nights in hospital. Just so glad to be home and have a shower.
Will take me a while to adjust to my new boob though.

Get pathology report on 29th March so fingers crossed no more surgery, but def have to have radiotherapy and possibly chemo.
I should be able to make 27th in York if it's still going ahead?

Caroline
x

Guest user
Not applicable

Will have to check my work schedule on Monday, but if I'm not running a training session, the 27th should be good for me. Big teapots and scrummy cakes sound good to me Ninja!

Hi Gillian, good luck for 23rd. Personally, I ended up having my sickness meds upped after my first chemo as it turned out I wasn't quite the strong ox I thought I was and had the stomach of a weak little kitten, but then for some ladies they just felt a little queasy and nothing more! However, by end of every 2nd week, even at my worse, I did feel up to a little venture out, just not by myself. I live in Morley so not really far from Halifax so if ever you want picking up to go to a meet up just give me a shout. I like to go to White Rose Centre for a cuppa every few weeks if ever you fancy doing that you're more than welcome, and I usually put it on here when I'm going, up to you, see how you feel.

Wishing you all a restful weekend, Simone xxx

lisha

Hi Ninja i can do the 27th .Cant do the week after as I'm away but could do most tue after that if the 27th isn't convenient. xx

wintersocks

Hi All

I think York is a bit too far for me (but that's ok). Also I have a son that have to get home for.

I would really like to meet with some of you ladies, but I guess for me Halifax or Leeds is best.

If any one would like to do that too, could you please let me know. It is my very 1st chemo on the 23rd March - next Friday, so I am uncertain if/when I can get out and about?? - have others been able to do 1st week or so?

Gillian

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi
it depends what time as I have a dental appointment at 11.45 in halifax so would not be back in leeds till about 1.30 - 2pm
Rehana

Ninja

OK guys, if you want a York meet on a Tuesday, I suggest Tues 27 March then. Is that OK?

For those arriving by train, I think it would be best to be a city centre location. I propose the City Screen's Riverside Cafe. It does scrummy cakes (& lunches for the hungry) and big, big tea pots, plus the opportunity to sit outside over the river if it's nice.

It's tucked away off Coney Street. Find St Helen's Square (where Betty's is), then find Coney Street - it has Black's on the other corner to Betty's. Turn right opposite Starbuck's, down by an ancient church.

Let me know what you think.

libsue

Hi everyone,

Pleased to hear you had a good chat over a cuppa Simone with Rehana and Beverley. Sorry I couldn't make it, a close friend needed a sympathetic ear.

Mujum, Lovely to hear from you, my fingers are crossed for a quick appointment for your MX as I'm sure you're eager to get it over and done with. You'll have a few weeks treatment free between MX and rads - maybe we can meet when you are recovered from your surgery and before start of rads? I have an Onc appointment on 26th March to discuss my rads planning.

Perhaps we could arrange meet-ups in both York and Halifax/Huddersfield?

Lisha, hopefully we can arrange the York meet-up to be on a Tuesday, I'd really like to see you again.

Julia, sorry to hear your car let you down for yesterdays meet. I look forward to seeing you soon.

Gillian, once you start your treatment you'll feel more in control, honest! This blasted disease does take time to absorb and accept. Good luck for the 23rd. I look forward to meeting you.

Caroline, thinking of you and hope all went well with your surgery, wishing you a speedy recovery.

I'm waiting for the sleep fairy to call, hope she arrives soon! Last night it was 5.30am before I got to sleep.

Take care all.

Libby x

Guest user
Not applicable

I think I must have done something wrong when I sent the messages- bah humbug

The pathology report is confusing, I got my pathology results and plan in person from the BCN and even then didn't really take it in. I went to the Headstrong thing but have always worn a wig, did get a couple of hats to wear at home though and the ladies are very nice. Still mostly wearing the wig but rocking a fairly severe Annie Lennox cut underneath. I know it's scary but I would say to ring the BCN (usually have to leave message on answerphone) and ask to meet her and have the pathology and plan explained, take someone with you as it's impossible to remember everything afterwards. The BCNs would much rather you asked them to explain than worry in silence.

Don't feel bad that you feel so panicky, we have all felt the same, it does ease as you get used to it and starting treatment makes you feel that you are getting your own back at the gremlins.

Hope to see you all soon. xxxx