Anyone diagnosed with Multifocal invasive ducal carcinoma?

Hi there.

Just wondered if anyone has the same diagnosis as me and wants to share stories/advice etc etc.

I was diagnosed with mufti focal IDC grade 2 on the 14th October had a left mastectomy with immediate reconstruction (implant) last Wednesday 13th November and now just recovering and awaiting my results.

Haven’t found to many others with the same form of cancer as me so looking for someone in the same boat.

Sharon x

Hi Sharon,

Yes I have grade 2 multi focal in my left breast. I have a 3cm lump and a “dot” a couple of centimetres away. I was originally told I’d need chemo first to shrink the lump then lumpectomy but after finding the dot, I am now having chemo and then mastectomy.

Do you have to have chemo or rads? Xx

Hi Sharon

I have also been diagnosed with multifocal grade 2 IDC and am due to have a left mastectomy and immediate reconstruction with implant this Wednesday. After weeks of biopsies and scans I’m glad the op is finally in sight. I can’t offer any advice being a week behind you but we certainly (unfortunately) appear to be in the same boat!

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Best wishes to everyone here - this is my first post but I’ve found the forums an invaluable source of information and positivity since being diagnosed.

Lee x

Hi ladies.

Nice (in an unfortunate way) we appear to be in the same boat.

Joamo you appear to be slightly further along the journey. When were you diagnosed/had surgery etc etc?

And is chemo most likely with IDC? I have my headset for it anyway but secretly hoping they’ll say “that’s it, your done. Bye bye” when I have my next appointment with results, which by the way I don’t have a date for. Which brings me to my next question of how soon after surgery should I expect to get that appointment.?

Sorry for all the questions. X x x

Sending you a big hug to speed your recovery. I had my diagnosis on Wednesday but yesterday I heard what type of cancer it is - envasive and grade 3 ductal. I have a lumpectomy on Thursday with a biopsy on the lunch nodes and if positive will go back down to surgery on Thursday for the removal of all lymph nodes.
Mand xxx

Perhaps not my LUNCH nodes lol xxx

Sorry all these terms are new to me! What is multifocal and also what are the margins? X

Hi Mand

Here’s a link to the BCC glossary of breast cancer terms which you may find helpful:

breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-information/glossary

Best wishes

Lucy BCC

Thank you that is so useful x

Thank you little cherubs - I am finding it difficult. Trying to remain strong and positive but just feel like running away from it all. I know I’m going to be okay. I am amazed I have coped but I wanted a couple of days normality in the office before my surgery. Instead I am at home again on my own! Xxx

They advised me not to. I think they think I wouldn’t be able to cope and were concerned how some would deal with me. I now wished I hadn’t told them but felt they would be better prepared knowing what has happened. I do understand that it is a shock for them. It was and is for me! Xxx

I think I have been so brave and I now feel a bit wobbly! I wanted to forget about it all and be normal at work in the office organising everyone else - I’m a PA in London! Not going to work today hasn’t helped me at all. Thank you cherubs I do feel kind of connected here now. Thank you thank you thank you xxx

I am in Kent. I am going private at the Sloane hospital in beckenham. I live in Orpington. I would so love to meet up with someone close to me. Thank you all for your responses - I do feel loved here today! Xxx

Thank you cherubs - I really do appreciate you all and I am sorry to feel like this when you are all going through bad times too. Much love to you all xxx

Dont feel sorry… were all here to help each other :slight_smile: ((((hugs)))))

Hi Janet, bless you and thank you for sharing with me. You haven’t scared me, I can’t get anymore scared sweetie lol. I hope you managed to get some sleep. Stay in touch with me and let me know how you’re doing. I have found this forum so supportive and informative.

I admire all the women I have come across on this forum and it has also helped me to try and come to terms with my diagnosis. You are all so amazing and brave.

Sending you lots of love and a massive hug darling.
And

Mand xxx

A - thank you too for sharing. You too are amazing and keep in touch with how you are doing. I just want tomorrow to come as quickly as possible now! It’s not going to be a holiday that you normally can’t wait to go on but I know I’ll be a step closer to getting through this awful time.

We should meet up and party the night away!

Lots of love - Mand xxx

Thank you A - I am amazingly calm - I don’t know why! I have had a manicure and pedicure. I’ve got to look good for tomorrow lol, I might buckle latter after a glass of wine but I just want to get it over and done with now. Mand ps sending you lots of love Berkshire way sweetheart xxx

A - just read your story again and I have to admit after reading it again - you are AMAZING !!! You have helped me think of others and I am lucky, I know I am! Xxxx

Hi ladies and new ladies

I had my lumpectomy on Thursday. Also biopsy on LN. LN clear. I should be dancing on the roof tops! I know I am lucky but I just feel tired, exhausted, battered. I am post op 3 days - just had a bath. First since I was home and I am exhausted by this simple task!

I repeat - I know I am lucky but this is just so hard to deal with. Being brave. My boys not knowing what to say or do.

I stupidly thought that that would be it. Surgery and no cancer in the lymph nodes. I now know that because of my type or cancer it is radiotherapy or chemo. They say you make decisions. I haven’t made one yet! Other than just go along with what everyone says. I want normality back. I want to be how I was before all this happened.

Sorry ladies - I know you’re all going through the same and that does help me.

I am just trying to build myself up for the next bit now. Consultant on Wednesday. Results or lumpectomy - whether more surgery or discuss what further treatment.

Again, gorgeous ladies - sorry I know I should be happy but I’m not. Sorry xxx