Anyone done IMPORT high trial?

Hi just wondered if anyone could tell me how they got on with import high trial. Also if anyone had any info regarding whether to do it or not as I have to make a decision shortly and would value some of your views,thanks Tracyx

Hi The

I chose to do it.  I did post a few months ago, but didn’t get much response.  There is some discussion of trials on a thread about Fast Forward which more people seem to meet the criteria for.  So far I have just had to fill in a family history questionnaire, give some blood and consent to them having a sample from the lump and access to my records.  I go back for normal follow up 21 Feb, so will probably find out more then.  I am not sure my decision was based on sound judement as I don’t understand my risk of recurrence (though obviously ‘high’ ish).  So far I have only been able to focus on the next bit of treatment and had not even thought very far into the future.  Now rads has finished I am just starting to think there are questions I should know the answers to, so have started a list for Feb!  It is difficult to know what to do.  You may get put in the control group & get normal treatment, or in one of the other groups get less rads, so be at higher risk of recurrence, but less risk of side effects from the rads.  Sorry, not much help.  I thought the additional check ups would be beneficial which was what swung it for me.

Thanks Freda61. Thank you for your reply. What group was you selected to be in? How did you find your appointments how long were they as I was told they could be a bit longer due to positioning. How was your skin during
rads treatment? Sorry for all the questions !! Xxx Tracy

Thank you Freda61 x

Hi this is ,my first time on the forum. Have had lumpectomy and started FEC T chemo. I have been asked to join the IMPORT HIGH TRIAL after chemo and not sure ?? So many things to think about, will I be getting the best treatment ?? has anyone been on the trial or been asked to join and if so how did you make your decision. Any thoughts or information greatly received - thanks xx

Hi this is my first time on the forum. Have had lumpectomy and started FEC T chemo. I have been asked to join the IMPORT HIGH TRIAL after chemo and not sure ?? So many things to think about, will I be getting the best treatment ?? has anyone been on the trial or been asked to join and if so how did you make your decision. Any thoughts or information greatly received - thanks xx