Anyone due to start chemo in April? - Awesom April Angels

Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Anyone due to start chemo in April? - Awesom April Angels

Katebill - meant to say hope tomorrow goes well for you x
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Katebill , my hair hadn't started falling out yet but to be honest it felt and looked completely dead, really wirey and I could do nothing with it. I pretty much decided feck it, why wait around on the inevitable (which could be quite distressing), it's a mess so take control and get rid of it. Me and hubby had a bottle of wine and a right laugh tbh - quite liberating 🙂 I'll post a baldy photo 😎 I have a mini mohican, for the moment, which will no doubt fall out over the next week or so. Good luck when you decide to go for it xx
Guest user
Not applicable

came on twice ha
Amber_D

Fec-T cycle 1 Day 15
Evening AAA's
Hair is falling out quite a lot now, think a shave is not too far away now.
Went to Look Good Feel Better workshop today, really enjoyed it and the bag of goodies is amazing. Well it's back to me and the dogs, hubby went offshore this afternoon so we're home alone again. Going to chill out and have an early night.
Hope everyone's ok and s/e minimal xxx
Katebil

Hi pcmartin
Are you pre-empting your hair loss by shaving your head or have you already started major hairloss? I was told 3 weeks after first cycle I'd lose my hair and everything is planned around that but if you are only day 9 and its already waving goodbye maybe I need to replan....... 😞
Good to hear you are feeling better today, I'm a little apprehensive as have my first cycle of AC tomorrow........
Kate
x
Guest user
Not applicable

aaarrggg! lost entire post - it was a long one too 😞

short version - shaved head last night, have a mini mohincan (hubby's idea of joke !:) - feeling better today
Primrosehill - glad you are feeling better
Masiecake - i have a hickman line which needs flushed weekly - insist on district nurses coming to house - they offered this to me no probs. last place you want to be is hospital as you'll catch all sorts!
Kels 35 - have you asked for sleeping tabs or tried Nytol ? I had trouble sleeping and a couple of nights with tabs helped get me back into sleep pattern - I'll send you the sleep fairy tonight as she worked for me

Hope all other AAAs are doing well xx
Guest user
Not applicable

FECT Cycle 1 Day 9
Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice ladies on my acid indigestion rang help line and my gp, they are giving me some ranitidine fror it. Thanks again its good to be able to talk with others who can advise and help. xx
PrimroseHill

Hi Angels. At last feel well enough to get to the computer. That tummy ache I had. Turned out I was almost blocked up. Realised when asked I had only been to the loo once since chemo. OH called doctor out Sun after chronic pain just wouldn't go away. Gave me something to get it going and am now on Movicol for maintainance movement and Lansoprazole to turn off anything to do with production of acid. Everything seems to be ok and working normal again. Thank you for all your support. Linda, OH stuck with it after what you said and insisted doc came out instead of me sitting waiting in A & E waiting room. Pauline, hope you improve soon. Zoe hope you get the advice you need. Lori like you lets hope all of us are over the worst and get sorted to tweak the rest of our clycles out for the better. xxx
maisiecake

Hi all, went to the hospital yesterday to see chemo ward, get low down and meet nurses etc. all very informative and am feeling more confident for Friday. This was interesting though: I asked about alternatives to a PICC line ( which I'm having on thursday) specifically a portocath. The chemo nurse said they used to have lot's of people with portocaths, but now only private patients get them, because of the theatre time etc! To be fair she did offer to investigate, but that would have meant delaying the start of my chemo, so I'm going with the good old NHS PICC line, as it's that or new canula every time. Hope it's not going to be a pain to look after, as chemo is for 8 cycles. i also have to go back to the hospital every week to get it flushed.
Katebil

Well done Kim, hope you continue to feel okay. I have my first AC tomorrow and am a little apprehensive about it as its all unknown to my body.....
Kate
xx
KimG

Hi everyone
EC90 Cycle 1 day 1

Well that wasn't too bad! Had a little sneezing episode and woozy head whilst having the chemo...which is quite common. whole thing took around an hour and a half. Drinking the prescribed 2 1/2 litres of fluids and so far so good... We'll just see how I go over the next few days.
I've been told to contact the unit before the GP if I feel unwell at all as they have more experience that my GP. They also said visiting the GP's surgery was a definite no no.
Hope everyone else is coping well with the SE's

Kim
Guest user
Not applicable

Ok so I am just back from doctors and I have a throat infection:-/.
The doctor was great even tho I had to go into the surgery. She has given me antibiotics but says to wait two days to see if my own immune system will kick in before taking them. She said I should always have antibiotics in the house just in case but before taking them to contact them. She also wrote the next sick line for the next chemo so don’t have to worry about that but did say that she thinks i have gone back to work to early.
That’s me in lock down for two days my work are going to be so amused but have asked them if I can work from home so figures crossed.
Just wish I could sort out the sleeping side.
Kels
Katebil

Hi Kels
ask your doctors for a home visit if they will not help via the phone as visiting the surgery will not help you. I had a real problem a couple of weeks ago getting my GP's support but yesterday they were so different. I asked for a telephone call from doctor about getting a prescription, got the callback and within 5 mins the prescription was ready for collection. They can do home visits/telephone calls but you may need to bea bit forceful with the receptionists to get through. Good luck
Kate
xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Cant sleep!!!!
So much for going back to work, Last night started to get a sore throat and it has woken me up, I am now waiting for the Doctors to open so I can get something for it.
I must admit I have lost confidence with my own GP. They first told me that my Cancer was a syst and that they would make an appointment with the hospital to get it drained. When I arrived at the hospital after 5 min with the doctor (who turns out to be my surgeon) I knew something was wrong and after many many tests was told it was BC and inoperable due to the size it grew.
I then called them last week to get a sick note for the week I was off after Chemo. I am not the kind of person to be off sick and didn’t know how to get a sick note. First the reception said the doctor might want to see me (which I tho was funny as wouldn’t the surgery be the last place in earth I should be going near) but if I didn’t hear anything to call back the next day after 2pm. Called them the next day and after a 10min wait was told they had posted the line and if I didn’t receive anything the next day to call them?? Next day I hadn’t received anything but was sick of calling them and the following day still nothing so I called back this time the receptionist said she would inform my Doctor and hung up?? So waited an hour and went round to the surgery and sat and waited and with 10 min got my sick line. Why they could not have done this in the first place god knows and this is probably were my sore throat has come from.
Now I need to go and see the Doctor tomorrow and don’t know if I can be bothered with the hassle. I feel as if I am bothering them but its not like I have an ingrowing toe nail (no offence to anyone that has this as I am sure that it is very painful)
Sorry night-time rant over
Kels
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi ladies, hope everyone is coping well and not suffering from the dreaded s/e.
fec-t cycle 1 day 14
Hair started falling out in clumps today so took control and shaved it off, no more waking up and wondering if that was going to be the day it all fell out. I have to say it felt good knowing it was my decision and not the chemo's!
Joan - I was the same with the heartburn, it didn't matter what i ate! I phoned the helpline no from the back of my chemo book and the unit aranged with my gp to get a script for ranitidine, i haven't had any heartburn since.
Amber - hope you have a lovely day tomorrow at lgfb, ive been trying to get to the one in aberdeen tomorrow but haven't been able to get in contact with anyone despite leaving messages on their answering machine.
I have also been using the cordosyl alcohol free mouthwash and have really noticed that my mouth feels way much better rather than what feels like "morning after" mouth!
Is anyone else having trouble sleeping? It can't be the steroids as i only had them for the first 3 days after chemo, im fine once i fall asleep but struggle to fall asleep. Any tips?
Good luck for all who have appts or procedures in the next few days.
Take care, Christine
Lola65

Joan - ring the chemo unit in the morning and tell them about your heartburn and indigestion. (your day time emergency number) They will prescribe you something to take. Normally Omeprozole. Your GP might be able to precribe it over the phone - please don't visit the surgery, too many germs. xxxx
Amber_D

Hi All,
Fec-T cycle 1 Day 14
Got a call from my Gp surgery today asking if I needed an appointment after my call to NHS 24 at the weekend, they were checking to see if I was ok, that's a first but it does go to show that we are treated as priority.
My hair is shedding a bit today, not too much but it's definitely started. Look Good Feel Better session tomorrow so looking forward to that and the goody bag of course.
Pauline, hope your mouth is a bit better, forgot to say I am addicted to smoothies now, I have at least one a day and make sure there's pineapple in it.
Lori, good luck for Wednesday
Hope everyone else is ok and s/e minimal xxx
Louis

I am using the cold cap and have has two treatments of chemotherapy. My hair is falling out now and tomorrow I will say goodbye to it. I am very upset the cap has not worked for me. Felt very low today.
Debra xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Day 11 after Chemo
So went to work today but had a really bad night sleep so was shattered before I even arrived. I must admit it was good being back. They have taken a lot of the jobs from me so I am not stressed and it is nice to think of something other than whats happening.
I must admit tho when I had my shower this morning I had more hair than usual fell out. I am panicking all the time that I am just going to wake up one morning and I am going to be bald. In some ways I don’t know if it would be better just to shave it off now and then that’s the end of it.
Has anyone done the Cold cap and if so how long did it takes before you had to shave your head?
Kels
Guest user
Not applicable

hi i had my first chemo 9 april and side effects not to bad, not much sickness but i hkeep getting chronic idigestion, heatburn when ever i eat. i have had this 3 days now and have been taking gaviscon but does always work does anybody know if this is a long term problem or not as 6 months of this will send me crackers. Or if any body knows of something else that works i would be grateful.
Mel_A

Hi all
Just to warn you that I booked onto a Look Good Feel Better course today and the earliest date they had is 18th June. The earlier you book the better! Glad you enjoyed yours Lori.
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Zoe I haven't started treatment yet but my sisters good friend was in exactly same boat as you and was admitted overnight with excessive vomiting on her second cycle she had ondansetron via a syringe driver this was good but still felt v nauseated although no vomiting .
This time they are starting the driver 24 hrs before so hopefully that should help her further again I really hope that they can offer you something xxxlots of love caz
Zuzy

Hi everyone, hope you are all feeling ok today. Sorry I've been quiet but had a lot going on over the last week or so. I saw my onc today, scans all clear which is a huge relief. Will be starting FEC-T in 2 weeks so might just manage to creep into the AAAs! Have dentist, wig and headstrong this week so getting myself prepared! Good luck to everyone having treatment this week xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

thanks Linda & Kate - annoying thing is that I use cordasyl as a matter of course (pre chemo) as tend to have problem gums but stopped on the advice of GP!!! Hopefullly it will do the trick now..

Zoe - sounds like a nightmare, so sorry 😞 I've not been sick at all i'm also not having any injections. have you read up on all the s/es related to your chemo cocktail? you might get some answers there? hope you feel better soon x

pauline xx
lori28

FEC-T Cycle 1 Day 20

Hope your on the mend soon Pauline, I too have been using cordysil without issues so hope you improve soon.
Went to the Look Good Feel Better meeting today, it was great and I would encourage you all to make an appointment if you have not already done so. Its good to meet others in the same boat and the volunteers who run the course were fantastic. Not to forget the 'goodie bag' We used the contents during the 2 hour session and took it all home at the end....I have to say it was definately over £250 worth of products, astounding generosity from the beauty industry!!

Having my wig trimmed tomorrow hopfully so it will soon be time to update my profilr picture...not happy seeing that long dark hair then being disappointed when looking in mirror!!!

Hope for those going through cycle's at the moment that your almost though the SE's and those about to start....good luck!

I have my cycle 2 on Wednesday so not long before I board the Chemo Coaster again!

Best wishes to all - Love Lori x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All,
I started my first cycle of FEC-T last monday so thought I would join the group! I then got admitted that night because I was vomiting every 10 minutes and it went on for hours and hours and wouldn't stop. Did any of you have such bad vomiting? I'm hoping they give me some better antiemetics next time. I've also been feeling really irritable and wondered if it was the Zoladex injection they gave to preserve my ovaries - did anyone else have this? I'm wondering if it is worth bothering with if it's making me moody.
Zoe
Katebil

Hi Pcmartin
i was recommended Difflam mouthwash rather than corsodyl so might be worth a try. My sister is a dental hygienist and she got me some Duraphat toothpaste which dentists recommend during chemo....apparently it helps keep your teeth and mouth protected through chemo as has more fluoride in it.....I've started using it today and will continue as it does make mouth feel fresh and doesn't taste bad!
Kate
Guest user
Not applicable

Hey Amber

You wouldn't believe it - when I got the mouth tabs from my doc last week he told me to stop using cordasyl as it had steroids in it and would irritate my mouth. I'm just off the phone to Onc dept at hospital and the nurse was none to pleased with my doc - 'Is he an Oncology expert' were her exact words!!! So back to the mouthwash will will hopefully do the trick...;) xx
Lola65

Hi Pauline, I also use Corsodyl Daily mouthwash at least 3 times a day, continuously whether I have a problem or not. It is very good at keeping infections and ulcers at bay. Now you have the ulcers you could try the Cordosyl Treatment mouthwash for a few days. Instructions on the bottle. I also gargle with the Daily to help prevent sore throats. The general advice is to keep drinking water to hydrate the mouth. Then to help with the soreness, mini-magnums!!! (or pineapple - chunks, tins, juice)
Hope you feel better soon. xxx
Amber_D

Hi Pauline,
sorry you're suffering a bit, I used Corsodyl mouth wash and it worked a treat. I've got into the habit of just using it everyday regardless,
hipe you feel better soon xxxxxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Fec - day 8

Morning ladies, hope you are all well and welcome to all our new girls 🙂

Feel as though I have turned a corner today (fingers crossed) as cold feels much better. Still on anti biotics and haven't ventured out yet but do feel semi normal again. Linda makes a really good point about docs surgery, I'm sure that is where I picked up this cold!!

My mouth is still very sore inside and sores all around the outside - not very fetching - need to call doc to try and get something better. I'm on Aciclovir at the moment but not doing anything for me. Any suggestions from anyone? Also whilst my hair is not falling out yet, it is completely dead, I can't do anything with it and is like straw - think I will take the plunge later today / tomorrow and shave it off - will let you know if I'm brave enough 🙂

Deborah - nice to hear from you x

Take care all, away for another ice lolly 😎

Pauline xx
maisiecake

Hi all thought I'd share my week with you. Monday hospital blood tests, meet chemo nurses, tour ward etc. Tuesday dentist. Wednesday wig buying trip. Thursday hospital to fit picc line. Friday start chemo. All feels very daunting. After weeks of waiting I do just want to get on with it though. Bring it on! Love to all you angels dealing with s/es guess I'll be joining you. Is anyone else being treated at QE Birmingham? Anyone having E-CMF? I'm having the E bit for 4 cycles then radiotherapy then 4 cycles CMF. Seems to stretch on through most of the year, so I can only think short term- too much to take in otherwise.
Mel_A

Hi AAAs and welcome to the new members.
It sounds like some of you are having a rough time at the mo with SEs and infections. I hope they don't last too long.
Amber well done for taking control of the hair situation. Your hairdresser sounds like a very good friend and it's so nice that you have used uour ordeal to help others. That must make you feek so much better.
Meemoo I'm so glad you've been able to speak to someone who could put your mind at rest. It's so good that there is helpline available for advice when we need it.
Sleep well ladies. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you all. xx
Amber_D

Hi
Fec-T cycle 1 day 13
Hope you all have had a reasonable weekend
My sore throat and cough got worse yesterday and ended up op phoning NHS 24, was told it was probably viral and to take ibprofen and a cough medicine, my temp was ok and I do feel a lot better today.
Decided to take control of the hair yesterday, one of my friends whose a hairdresser cut my hair which was past my shoulders and quite thick, then she handed me the scissors and told me I would have to cut hers. She had decided she wasn't going to let me go through this on my own, so a few tears later job done. OH took lots of pics and Iam going to donate our hair to the Little Princess Trust who makes wigs for children. My scalp has been sore today so I reckon I timed it right, would have been more painfully with long hair. So the wig is ready To be let out!
I made up a playlist on my ipad for going into hospital for my op, I asked all my friends and family to choose a song and included songs s from past and present which are very poignant to my situation now. Two of my favourites are Step by Step, Whitney and Stronger! Kelly Clarkson. My hubby and I also play High Hopes by Kodeline everyday to get us through. Check out u-tube for Seattle childrens ward Stronger. if I ever think things get tough I watch this and think hey if these kids can do it so can I.
Lori - I wasn't brave enough to shave but think it won't be long before I have to
Primrosehill, Diggy, Pauline -hope you're all feeling a bit better also anyone else suffering the dreaded s/e, it does get better, honest.
Cazd, Norabatty,and Kels35, welcome to the gang
wishing you all a good nights sleep and minimal s/e xxxxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi
I am a bit late as I already started my Chemo (FEC) on the 4th April but was wondering if I could join your group as I find it hard speaking to the OH and friends.
I am going back to work on Monday and was wondering if anyone else is still working thro the Chemo???
Kels
NoraBatty

Hi Caz D
I had similar situation had WLE in Jan - orginally didn't think any lymph nodes involved but then had more surgery end of Jan to get clear margins and full ANC. Have just started chemo (Fri). Was a bit sick first day but feelling OK -ish if a bit woozy. Hope it all goes well for you. Maybe have a word with BCN about flu like symptoms? BCC helpline is also brilliant if you want to talk things through. Just try and take each day as it comes.
NB x
diggywiggy

Fec-t cycle 1, day 3
primrose hill - do hope feel better soon.
Didn't get up until 11 today - been getting up and dressed every day by 9 since the DX in Jan. Anyway when I finally came down there was a huge bunch of flowers from my work. Really helped. Feeling down and still a bit sick but eating a little and often.
Never Google - always phone the helpline!
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi ladies ,hope im not here under false pretenses but feel i will prob just manage to sneak into awesome aprils am seeing oncologist on tues had op 14/3 ultrasound had shown no cancer in lymph glands so was devastated to find out it is in lymph glands had a couple of days were they were unsure whether to go back in for surgery for complete clearance and further breast surgery as didnt get clear margins or do chemo first. i was in dark place for those 2 days but now i know whats happening have got my head round it and ready to move on so just wanted to say hi xxcaz
ps can i just ask ive had mild flulike symptoms for several wks now just irritating as its dragging on anyone else have this my brain is sending me places i dont want to go then i think well youve had 1 shock after another your immune system is bound to be struggling at moment
meemoo

Thanks for the advice about phoning the Help line ................................ I did and feel soooooo much better.

I was told that it was quite normal to have LVSI on a pathology report but that a lot of consultants dont bother to mention it as it doesnt often change the course of treatment they are going to give you anyway. Feel so much more at ease now. AND the lady was just so lovely to talk to.

xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Fec-t cycle 1 day 12
Woke up feeling fine this morning despite a late night and a glass of vino! Hair shedding all the time now not clumps but continuously finding hair everywhere and even if i touch my head i come away with a few strands, putting on moisturiser is now a real nightmare lol! My head has been itchy for days now so i suppose it wasn't different shampoo after all.
Primrose - i have a dull ache in my tummy all the time too, a it like v mild period pain. I thoughtit was case i was due on, but it could be a s/e of the fec? Hope you get advice, espeially if its worrying youand put your mind to rest.
Amber - will wait till the kids are back in school and arrange to meet up if thats ok with you, my husband works on supply ships and is away for another 2 1/2 wks yet, that will make it easier for me.
I think we need to be asking more questions when we got to appointments instead of maybe nodding and agreeing with everything thats said then going home and trying to remember what was said or having lots of questions we wished we'd asked. I write my questions down now and am planning to ask them at my next appointment.
hope all you wonderful angels have a lovely day without too many s/e.
Christine x
meemoo

Oh Primrose .......... sorry I can't help you but I am thinking of you and wish I could give you a hug x x
Guest user
Not applicable

Fec T, Cycle 1 Day + 5 (or is it FEC - D, according to my gp it is, I'll need to check with Onc!!)

Morning ladies, not a great start to the day. Doc just gone and prescribed anti biotics for this damn cold. She said it will be my low white cells and gave me ABs incase it gets any worse (I thought it was a bit early for low white cells but apparently not). I phoned NHS 24 simply to ask if it was ok to take regular caugh bottle / lemsips etc so guess it is a really good service that the doc came straight out no questions asked 🙂

Apart from that, mouth is raw but still no sickness, thats all my anti sickness tabs and steroids finished now so here's hoping .....
Got my app for LGFB on 22nd so looking forward to that, just need to sort wig now

Meemoo - so sorry I can't help you must be going mad with the waiting about and lack of clarity, it's the most awful part. I hope you get answers soon. Have you tried your own GP, mine was very good at explaining things and very knowledgable

Diggywiggy - hope you start to feel a little better soon xx

Amber - hope you get to enjoy your swing, well Jell!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you all have a relaxing and S/E free weekend

Take care, Pauline xx
Louise_BCC

Hi Primrose

The Helpline has just opened and will be open until 2pm if you are struggling to get hold of the hospital. They're on 0808 800 6000 and will be able to discuss your concerns with you and offer support.

Kind regards.

Louise, Facilitator

Cherabel

Hi Primrose as long as your temp ok you'll be ok it's sounds very normal what you are feeling. I also live in a rural area an hour away from nearest hospital.Try not to worry too much just keep an eye on temperature.
Annabelle x
Lola65

Hi Primrose,

I hope you have managed to sort something out, and sorry you sounded really distressed.

The best course of action is to phone the out of hours emergency number given you by the chemo nurse. They will tell you exactly what to do.

Please don't even consider going to your GP surgery. This is NOT wise. Surgeries are full of germs. Your GP should be able to prescribe something over the phone. Do not let any receptionists fob you off - you are receiving chemotherapy and as such can be treated as more urgent.

Hope you are sorted xxxx
PrimroseHill

FEC-t Clycle 1 day 5.
Had slight warm feeling when going to the loo last night. Woke at 5am with tummy ache and took paracetomal back to bed. Woke up with slightly red face and neck but temp ok. Feeling better but panicky.
I know the BC nurses are good but they have to be hospital is an hour away on rural roads with lots of tractors & tourist traffic and i live in a rural village just outside a popular tourist seaside town. The GP operate a ring between 8am & 9am to get same day appointments. Its nearly always engaged and when you get there its nearly always a 1/2 hr wait in a packed waiting room. They have said they can get me in quickly but the problem is getting through for an appointment time. Hospital tel also engaged. Going to try again. Sorry just needed to type, cry, and feeling sorry for myself.
xxxxxx
Panacea

Hello everyone, I've been catching up on how everyone's been doing while I was away over Easter. Sounds like quite a few people are now well into the routine. I came back Saturday and then had my third excision this Monday. I'm still hoping to start before the end of April, I get my results on the 19th and if margins are clear this time I know they are keen to get going asap.

One lesson I've really taken to heart from reading posts over the last couple of months is to tell the medics when you aren't happy about something or have a problem. For one thing Its pretty clear that there is variation round the country in what is offered to us to (for example) help with side effects. I felt really unwell after my 2nd GA and also with some of the painkillers and my BCN suggested I might be sensitive to morphine. I talked to the anaethestist and he tried something different (think I had fentanyl instead of morphine), and I came round in recovery much more clear headed than before and was back to normal right away. And they were all pleased that it had gone better for me too!
I think a lot of us are probably not used to asking for things to make our lives easier - but I'm gearing myself up for doing this when I see my oncologist.
x
Deborah
lori28

FEC-T Cycle 1 Day 17

Wow! Only a few days since posting and can't believe how many new members. The number of people affected by this is astonishing and very very sad - I hope everyone finds some support here.
Hope you are all coping with SE's....it's a great feeling when they subside!
My hair started to fall big style Mon/Tue (day 13 & 14) so day 15 I made the decision to have my hair shaved off!! Wow what a change - I have been dying my hair for years and although I knew roots were greying I had not appreciated How Much!!

At least I know how it may look when it returns and I can decide later how to manage it. Day 2 into my new 'do' and I have to say....its s bit chilly out. My wig needs trimming so until that is done I am relying on my hats. The hair loss is all over and not at all patchy so can get away with the cropped look for the moment, also it does not appear to fall as rapidly since removing the weight.

I can recommend the Headstrong class run by Mcmillan Nurses a great chance to try on different hats, scarves etc, they also gift you a scarf combination to take home.
I have booked into Look Good Feel Better on Monday so will let you know how that goes.
Take care everyone, I hope you all have a peaceful weekend
Love Lori xx

Mel_A

Meemo what about phoning the bcc helpline? Someone there may be more qualified to help you and easier to talk to than your bcnurse.