1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone due to start chemo in April? - Awesom April Angels

Judyd

Re: Anyone due to start chemo in April? - Awesom April Angels

Hello gilly, there's some good advice there, I think you sound like you are coping brilliantly, good for you.
Angie, I wish I could give you a big hug, I feel so sad for you, you've brought a tear to my eyes. I don't feel like you at the moment but I have felt that way in the past many years ago. I was working for the NHS in a very stressful job, working really long hours and I was at the end of my tether. We had a big house with big bills. We decided to sell up and move to a smaller house in Bridlington, I gave up work and we were both going to do little part time jobs but we have been able to manage on just my husbands pension. Money is tight but our quality of life is so much better. We walk every day with the dog, see family every day, look after my mum and dad and are there for the kids when they get home from school. Life's not perfect and things still annoy me but our life is completely different than it was. Angie I hope you can find your own solution, but don't be hard on yourself and don't make any rash decisions, you've been through a lot and it is life changing so give yourself time.

Sandy it's good to hear you are on the mend, take care xxx
Big hugs to you all, I wouldn't have been able to cope with things if it wasn't for the help and advice from you all xxx
Butterfly318

Morning Angels.

Just visiting your thread...  I finished Chemo Feb 2013 then had mx (May 2013)  and rads (Aug 2013).  So feel i am just ahead of you guys in recovery.   The effects of Chemo brain were a big shock.  I had to get a notebook and write down anything important such as appts and Look Good Feel Better Days.....I wrote a list each day of things i needed to do again this was helpful as i found it was the realisation i had forgotten something (e.g. a friends birthday) that upset me.    

It is interesting Angie & Diggy Wiggy that things i now list as important are different than they would have been before my diagnosis.  Practically i will be going back to work but in terms of wanting to get away from everything i think this comes to a lot of us at different times.  I used to work (paid and voluntary), often felt an obligation to do things for family members and was active at Church.  I wouldn't say that i have completely changed but i am very different now.  I believe exercise / walking helped me focus during Chemo and have helped me recover as well as i have so i now put Pilates / Zumba, swimming etc at the top of the list.  Having more time and altered taste buds / saliva glands / constitution (thankyou Chemo) has helped me find a love of cooking from scratch with fresh herbs etc.  I am 52, very organised, always planned things, felt my life was mapped out and it didn't included a Diagnosis of Breast Cancer so having to take things easy and accept changes has been very difficult (i consider myself a work in progress). 

So whilst stepping of the 'merry go round' of the daily routine is not an option it may be helpful to take time out whether just for a couple of hours or a few days.  I know that's not always easy when you have commitments but walking in the country or on the beach has been helpful when i am distracted / worried /not knowing what the he**s going on.  I have been fortunate that i have been able to get away a few times this year (Youth Hostel or lots of voluntary farming stuff around) and have really enjoyed exploring our own country (couldn't face the Travel Ins discussions to go abroad).   

Re. Chemo Brain.  I still make a list but now on Sunday night of things for the week and find that the fog is really lifting now and i can concentrate / get things right and remember today what i did yesterday (such a show off)...... 

I know suggesting Distraction techniques may sound condescending but it has really worked for me and whilst i was busy cooking / walking and re visiting childhood holiday places it stopped me worrying about things i couldn't change, i got stronger, felt better and the fog is lifting every day. 

Hope you girls continue to feel better each day and take time to look after yourselves.

Gilly x

Amber_D

Angie, it's ok to feel the way you do I think we have all had similar thoughts at some point in this journey but it will pass don't be hard on yourself, take some time out if you can. I've got the Cancer Survivors book too. I read it when I bought it a couple of months ago but often go back to it especially when I don't feel good. I think we expect to much of ourselves sometimes. When treatment finishes we are expected to be back to normal on the outside world but it doesn't always happen. It's just this week I've started to feel a bit better more energy etc but still achy legs. I get frustrated when I can't do things I took for granted before but need to be patient I guess. Maybe being back at work is taking its toll and maybe taking a step back for a while may help. A few days away may also do you the world of good any chance you can visit your daughter and grandchildren? We've all been through so much this year and it's ok to have a blip once in a while. We are a group of strong girls on here and will always be here to support each other. Kate, I also have a different mindset and look at things differently my priorities have changed things that were a big deal before don't seem to matter so much now. My Onc told me to move forward from here on and hopefully I am.
Kim glad you enjoyed your holiday
Sandy hope your feeling much better
Diggy rain just stopped here hopefully I'll be able to try out my new bike

Xx
angiepops

diggywiggy

ive got that book. maybe i should pick it up and read it  Smiley Happy

angie xx

diggywiggy

Hi Angels
Angie - I know how you feel. I thought I would be much better by now and I'm not and I'm fed up being Ill. I am trying to get back to work but I can't concentrate and keep an information........ I am scared that this 'chemo brain' is permanent! I think I need to read The Cancer Survivor's Companion by Goodhart and Atkins. I will let you all know if it helps.
Sandy - hope today is a better day and that you are on the mend
Kate - I hope you find the work life balance you need.
It's raining here in Somerset.
Diggy Wiggy
Spikey

Good to hear Sandy is on the mend, hope things improve day by day.

Angie, I sort of know the feeling you have although its only about work for me, if I didn't have to go back I certainly wouldn't. I have changed my perspective on working all hours of the day, I was working long hours everyday without thinking anything of it before but now I'm in a different mindset and want to be home more than out at work. I haven't thought about running away in total but I have thought how can I change our lives for the better.....more time together rather than working all the time. So far I haven't found an answer that is acceptable but I'm looking. I think it is the treatment overall that causes the wanting to change things......don't do anything rash but do think about what you want and try to make it happen.
Kate
X
angiepops

hi girls

glad to hear sandy's on the mend, chin up luvvy Smiley Happy

i dont want to be a moany - but - has anyone else got this kind of feeling - i could pack my bags, leave home, leave my partner, job and everything, i'm so fed up and i dont know if its because i'm not that well (when i thought i would be), or if its the tamoxifen, or if ive just changed since all the treatment, or if its because i dont look right (well none of us do!) or am i wallowing in self pity (when things could be a lot worse), i dont seem to care about anything, i'm doing a lot of head shaking and tutting for silly things - or am i just a moany witch?

I know things are going back to normal slowly but i think ive had enough and i want to run away.

is it just me or has anyone else had this feeling?

angie xx

KimG

I'm so glad to hear that Sandie is Ok.
Moira - I've been using the fast shampoo for about 6 weeks now and my hair is around 1/2" and quite thick at the sides and back, my crown is around 1/4" but is coming on. I'm not sure if the shampoo has helped or not.

Angie - I've also had aches and pains in my joints but I've put them down to my arthritis. My skin is really dry and I keep having the odd break out of spots, which is a first for me! So I think this must be the tamoxifen.

The holiday has done both me and my OH the world of good. I feel much more relaxed and really looking forward to returning to work at the beginning of November. I have a meeting with occ health tomorrow to go through the details of my phased return to work.

Take care everyone

Kim x
Mosiecat

Glad to hear that Sandie is on the mend. Hope it's onwards and upwards from now on. That candle of yours is doing a first class job, Philomena.
Have a lovely time walking your dogs, Mel and Rozz. It's been good weather here today but your side of the Pennnines might have got a bit wet!
Well, I bit the bullet today and spent a king's ransom on the Fast shampoo and conditioner. Really want to ditch the wig but the hair seems to have come to a standstill and it's very soft, sparse and fine. I'm off on holiday next Wednesday for ten days. We're going on a cruise across the Med. Hope the weather stays warm but not too hot.. Think the Nice and Easy will come out when we get back. As for aches and pains there are still a few and I'm blaming the Anastrozole. Also my skin is incredibly dry - heels and lips are cracked but at the same time I'm getting spots on nose and chin! Time to stop moaning. Things could be a lot worse.
Moira xxx
Mel_A

Oh good. I'm glad she's ok. Thanks for letting us know.
I'm looking forward to meeting up with Rozz later to take the pooches out 🙂
Philomena_b

Good morning Angels,
I have just had a message from Sandy saying all is now OK and to thank you all for the lovely messages.
Xxx
Mosiecat

So sorry to hear your news, Sandie. Hope the swelling and the clot are sorted out by the time you read these messages. Lots of gentle hugs coming your way.
Moira xxx
Amber_D

Evening Angels,

Sandy, hopefully you're feeling a little bit better, we're all rooting for you.

I too finished chemo in July and Rads mid Sept and still have aching legs and sore feet, I walk like a star fish lol. Had appointment with my Onc on Wednesday who said the pain is from Tax, it could be up to the end of the year before the effects of chemo is fully out of my system. He was happy how I had responded to treatment and gave me a thorough examination, all ok. I will now see my consultant in Feb and Onc in April or before if I need to. Have to wait for results of bone scan to see whether any meds are needed or not.

Got a new bike delivered today so waiting for oh to assemble it then I will hopefully start my get fit regime. Freezing cold today ugh!
Have a good weekend girls xxxx
CazP

Hi Diggywiggy,

I finished chemo on 8th Aug, had 22 rads, 3 left to go (nearly there!) and haven't started tamoxifen yet. I have found the last few weeks quite tough - it has been harder than I expected. I am not as good as my 'best weeks' on chemo, I have constant lower energy than that and between chemo and rads I started to get alot of joint pain in my hips, and first thing in the morning my hands and feet are also very sore. My night time or early morning hobbles to the bathroom must look hilarious. 🙂 It does improve when I get going. A couple of weeks ago the furry mouh from chemo was also back, I was given thrush tablets just in case this was part of it, but they didn't make any difference. It is a little better now. My GP suggested chewing sugar free gum to stimulate saliva production and though I was a little sceptical it does help. I have had to dial back the exercise I had started between chemo and rads because of the fatigue. Whenever I have mentioned this no-one seems surprised and attribute the majority of the symptoms to chemo and the fact that it can affect you for several monhs after! 

Carol xx

Philomena_b

Hi Diggywiggy, I am also on same timescale as you and Iam still getting random pains all over, mostly joints and shoulders, but have had pains like being punched in the arms and legs. I am not on any hormones. When are you due you genetic testing results? Mine are due in the next few weeks.
Hope everyone is ok, and have lit the AAA special candle for Sandy xxx
diggywiggy

Hi Angie - feel better knowing l am not alone. Good news - wine tastes nice again, plus I have some hair, so I'll stop complaining and just give it time. Thanks. Off out tonight for a girls night. Hope all you angels have a good weekend. diggy
angiepops

yes you are on hormone tabs too, soz, just re read your post lol Smiley Happy

angiepops

hi diggywiggy

your timescale is same as mine, last chemo end of july, last rads 20th sept. this week ive hit a brick wall and have been getting the same types of aches, pains and extreme tiredness that i had through chemo. i had to come home from work early in the week, today i just had no energy. ive also developed a down below problem ( we arent sure if its thrush or the tamoxifen) so doc gave me caneston, but thats just making me feel crappy too.

maybe we are just expecting too much too soon. i certainly feel better than i have for months, i thought i would be fitter though. I'm not moaning tho, poor sandy is really suffering, i'm fine compared to her.

are you on hormone tabs too?

angie xx

angiepops

sandy

sorry to hear youre having such awful problems, thinking of you

angie xx

Philomena_b

Sandy 😞 so sorry you have had such a rough time. Thinking of you and your family, anything I can do, just say xxx
diggywiggy

Hi Angels, anyone else still getting pains in arms and legs? I finished chemo at end of July and radio a month ago but still in a lot of pain. Still having Herceptin and letrozole. I'm seeing the oncologist on wed and I am wondering if this is normal or if I should be making a fuss. Started back at work very part time in an office but finding it really hard, I get so tired.
diggywiggy

So sorry to hear you are having a tough time Sandy - hang on in there you can get through this - - lots of hugs, Diggy Wiggy
Mel_A

Sandy I'm so sorry things haven't gone very well. I hope they get you sorted soon and keep you pain free in the meantime. Big hugs xx
Rozz

Sandy, so sorry to hear your op wasn't straightforward. Hope they set it right today and you're more comfortable. Lots of virtual hugs, Roz
CazP

Sandy, sending you love and best wishes, hope today is a better day,  Carol xxx

maisiecake

oh Sandy so sorry you're having problems. Hope you are pain free now and sorted. Thinking of you and sending virtual hugs.Smiley Sad Mel xxx

Spikey

Oh no Sandy, hope they manage to get you sorted today and on the road to recovery. Lots of virtual and gentle hugs coming your way. Kate x
Amber_D

Sandy, sorry things are not going well, sending you big hugs, take care xxx
Judyd

Oh Sandy, so sorry this has happened to you, here's me thinking you would be al sorted now and thinking about going home. Fingers crossed they sort you out quickly. Big hugs to you, take care judy xx
LNMcG

Sandy that's awful hope they get you sorted and pain free soon virtual hugs take care Lynn x
PrimroseHill

Not going well. Had op yesterday so much pain. Developed blood clot. Breast twice the size as the other. Back in theatre soon. Defo had enough 😞
Mel_A

Hi Debra I'm really sorry but I'm going to have to cancel tonight. Andy can't come to the meeting and would have to wait in the car for 2 hours or drop me off and come back after. As it's a 40 minute journey each way it's too much for him at the mo as he's not too well himself and has been working all day. It would be nice to see you on Saturday if you can make it for a walk with me, Rozz and the pooches 🙂
Mel_A

Ha ha Rozz, mine's a labradoodle and sounds very similar. She loves everybody and demands fuss whether they love her or not. Sounds like that must be the lab in her 🙂 She's only 10 months old too so still giddy. I sent you a personal message with my phone number - I don't know whether you would get an alert or not for that. Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday.
Rozz

Hi Mel,
Is your dog a lab, by any chance? Mine is, and is also a total nutcase so they should get on fine. We used to judge a walk by how many people we'd had to apologise to! He's super-friendly, but being hello'd by a large black dog with lots of big white teeth, face to face, isn't everyone's cup of tea!

Debra, are you nearby too, it looks like you need a bit of cheering up. It would be nice to meet you, if you are ok with the animals!

BFN
Roz
Mel_A

Mel - I'm so glad you're home and nearing the end of your treatment. Take it easy xx
Amber I'm glad you had a good holiday and enjoyed the concert 🙂
Amber_D

Hi Mel, glad you're home, take care xx
Judyd

Morning ladies, just a quickie before I go for my rads, Sandy! good luck! it's today isn't it! take care! hope everything goes ok.

mel, it's good to know you are back home, take care and rest xx

Amber, the hot flushes will come in handy while you adjust to this climate x
Louis

Dear Mel,
Breaking Bad is great and is addictive!
I am going to a charity eve in Altrincham tomorrow and will let you all know what I discovered. I will be meeting ladies who have had reconstructions and a cosmetic surgeon.
Pleased you are home.
I felt good yesterday but today I feel very low and have been in bed all day very upset.
xx
maisiecake

Hi all

I'm out!!!! released when neuts were 2 with oral antibiotics and strict instructions to return immediately if temp goes up. Great to be home but feeling very tired. Just sleeping and dragging myself about thanks for all your good wishes . it really makes a difference knowing you're all out there! .I'm working my way through all the series of Breaking Bad on netflix. Considering whether i too  could manage an illegal money generating activity!  Hopefully I'll  feel better in time to have last cycle next week- 2 doses to go.

My skin is much better now after rads. all the bits that turned black have  peeled off and the split under my boob has almost healed.

good luck tomorrow Sandy- just take it one step at a time.

I've read all your other many many posts but just can't keep up with them all, so love to everyone and hope evrything is moving along smoothly!!

love Mel xxxSmiley Very Happy

Amber_D

Morning Angels,

That's me back to reality and freezing cold weather. OH had to scrape the windscreen this morning.
Spain was lovely, nice chilled out break OH played golf while I enjoyed the sun it was mid to high 20's just what the doc ordered. Rod was fantastic , we had a champagne reception and meal at the SECC before being escorted over to the new Hydro. He had his two youngest boys on stage in there kilts and his daughter Ruby sang with him.
Pauline, Wow so so jealous I would have been beside myself if it had been me, pity you didn't get a pic.
Lots of news whilst I've been away , well done to everyone finished Rads recently and Rozz for today. Lynn, big hugs what a day but at least it's over now, hope your Mum feels better soon it s a worry for you. Judy belated anniversary glad you had a good time with your family. Mel hope you escape soon, can't believe you've ended up back in hospital. Kim hope you're soaking up the sun and chilling, it's nice just to get away from everything that's not cancer related. Sandy wishing you good luck for tomorrow you'll be fine. Philomena , glad you've spent time with your sister it will be nice for you to have a break too in Dec also good for you to challenge your doc. Pauline not long now till Florida, enjoy! We've booked to spend New Year in Dublin, Iam doing my bucket list! Hope you get good news about your Dad, it must be hard on top of your own diagnosis and such a worry for your family.

What's all this about eyelashes? I've got short ones now and managed to put in mascara the other day. Iam continuing to colour my hair using Nice n Easy which lasts up to 8 washes and have ditched the scarfs and wigs although went out this morning without a hat. Big mistake so cold! Had my bone scan this morning and have appt with Onc later today. I still have aching legs and sensitive feet OH says I walk like a star fish until I get going! I've been on Anastrazole for 7 weeks now and need to know if this is still s/e from chemo/rads or the medication so hopefully will find out today. Iam also going to ask for a full scan for peace of mind so that I know there are no rogue blighters still in my system.
Sorry for not mentioning everyone personally but hope all is well and well done to all of you back at work.

Have a good day Girls, big hugs to all xxx
Mel_A

Oh Lynn big hugs. I hope your mum starts feeling better very soon. You must be very worried. What a disappointment with the rads. They're over now though - excuse for more bubbly?
Rozz - Last rads today - woohoo! A meet up sounds great 🙂 Will your dog cope with mine do you think? She's dead friendly but very bouncy like Tigger from Winnie the Pooh, so not all dogs take to her. I can always leave her home if you think it will be a problem. I'll pm you my number.
Philomena it's just as well you're clued up about medicine etc and know to challenge your doctor. Good for you.
Sandy - good luck for tomorrow. I'll be thinking about you xx
Kate - go with whatever makes you feel comfortable. I feel so much better today as my prosthesis is being held firmly in place by my bra and I look more even and natural. Just got to pluck up the courage to get a swimming cossie now ( and use it) and the Gok school of self confidence will be complete 😉
fecinora

Just in for a quick catch up.

Philomena, you need a better answer on the altered cardiac enzymes.  I believe you can ask for a second opinion at another hospital - maybe that would give you a better answer? I dont know much about cardiology, but if I was you I'd keep plugging away for info. 

Sandy, I do physical work too as my main work, and I worry about how I would manage. We had a lot of building work done, 'overseen' by a recommended builder who is not as able as he was. This meant he continued to work and earn, and for me it meant the work was done properly. This sort of arrangement would be my solution as long as I could manage on lowered earnings  paying others while supervising them. Dont know if your work would allow this kind of arrangement? Onyways, all the best for Thursday, and worry about the future when it comes!

Lynn, I had my planning appt and they took me right away even though I managed to arrive 10 minutes early following your directions!

They take a photo of you 'for your file' -.I said ' my hair will be waist length when I start rads, you wont recognise me'. Oh, wishful thinking eh?

LNMcG

HI Angels
Mel hope you are doing ok and your neutrophils are coming up, hopefully you will be home soon.
Roz congratulations on completing your rads, loved your post about not likening the eyelash thing I didnt
like it either so hope that means ours will stay put.lol
Phenomena good on you for challenging your heart specialist let us know how that goes. Hopefully the fact they can't see anything is good. ;That's good you getting a break with your sister you both deserve it.
Sandy good luck with your op, on the eyelash thing I had none at all and they appeared from nowhere could not see them at first but could feel them loving it hope they don't fall out again.
Mel and Debra hope you enjoy your presentation on Thursday.
Judy happy belated anniversary.
Kim hope you enjoying your holiday can't wait for mine one week today.
Kate glad you enjoying work don't do too much.
Pauline  you back at work too or just busy doing normal things and not going to hospital.
Anyone else I missed hoped you all ok.
I had a major melt down today. ;As you probably knew my last rads was Friday the 11th had a great day and had champagne with hubby to celebrate.
Today 2.15pm ;just having a cup of tea before I got the ironing out phone goes it's The Beatson nurse: Mrs ********* just phoning to fine out why you did not attend your appointment yesterday. Me I did not have an appointment my last rads was on Friday. Nurse: no you had your final booster appointment yesterday Dr changed it from 4 to 5 boosters. ;Me : well they did not tell me nurse : can you come in today.
So I leave house and all the way in the car I am ranting to myself about their total incompetence and what I'm going to say to doc when I see her, when I get there the radiographers were so apologetic and nice to me I Just started crying and could not stop, they probably think I'm a nutcase now.
My mum is not very well either she has 1 more rads to go she has shingles, she is very poorly with it and the rash is a real mess. Hope she feels better soon. Take care angels I read all your posts and enjoy ,
Rozz

Hi All,

Final rad zap tomorrow woo hoo!!  Just done 2 consecutive days at work and feel fine, although I’m looking forward to a bit of a rest tomorrow and will stay home for the rest of the week.  I still have some water retention in my left hand/arm, toes feel a bit queer and my zapped skin is dark pink but not sore, just a bit itchy.  Otherwise I feel like me again. I just need proper hair and eyelashes and I’ll look like me too!

Kim – hope you’re having a lovely time! Well jel; been to Portugal a few times, its really lovely.

Judy – Happy Silver Wedding!  Nice to have a family do – just like a wedding!

Sandy – all the best for Thursday – I’ll be thinking of you.  Don’t worry, you’ll cope – as said by another Angel, you’ve already done the hard bit. And your eye is better too, good good!  Hope you’re feeling a bit warmer now. What is it about men? When mine’s doing a job he sees it as his God-given right to leave all the doors open!

Moira – I think the fatigue we all had is a lesson in being old. My mum’s 84 and I really understand her now when she tells me how her energy disappears.

Mel_A – my legs ached like mad for weeks, but it’s worn off now. Give it time, I’m pretty sure this fatigue-thing is something you can’t force so there’s no point feeling guilty (although I do, too!).

Mel – no time off for good behaviour? Hope you’re not feeling too miz and are home soon.

Pauline – I’ve decided not to believe the eyelash story, I don’t like it! Also, I have some that are a few mm long, and some just coming through so I’m just hoping mine will do a phased fall out/regrow so I won’t have naked eyes again.

Judy – hope the rads are going ok and you didn’t jinx yourself! How many weeks do you have to go for? My 5 weeks seem to have flown by.

Phillomena – good to see you’re still doing well. Sort of good news about the angiogram, I suppose. You know better than most of us what’s what medically, but as some of our fellow Angels have shown, making a fuss really works!  I think someone told me I’d be having annual mammograms on my remaining boob – which is something I’m going to be following up. Why shouldn’t you turn up for your appointment?!

Manchester Mel – I’ll be visiting my parents this weekend. Wondered if we could manage a get-together? I’ll have to bring the dog so we could maybe go for a short walkies??  I should be free after 3 for a while – dropping OH & boys off at ManU game.  

Rozz xx

Philomena_b

Good evening Angels, apologise for my not posting for so long.
Mel, I hope you escape your incarceration soon, whilst it is the best place for you to be, it's still horrible being away from home.
Kim, so jealous.... Such a beautiful place to be and glad your enjoying yourself.
Sandy, your op is coming around so quickly, I will be lighting the candal and saying a few prayers for your quick recovery ( and yours Mel ). Don't worry about your decisions as I'm sure they will be the right ones for you.
Well I finally have had the results from my CT angiogram, it has shown some furring of an artery but not explained what caused all the chest pain. My cardiologist has said he needs to do nothing more! Unfortunetly I think he does, as the fact that each time my bloods showed cardiac enzymes it means the heart was being damaged, so I am currently in the process of writing a letter to him to discover what I should be doing now as I am on five cardiac drugs? Sorry moan over.
My sister came over from Ireland last week! she is still in shock following her husbands death 😞 so I have now booked to go over for a week in December for a bit of R&R for us both.
Physically feeling quite good at the moment and even looking after my gorgeous grandson Luca 2 days a week. He's only 18 months old but is soo good. I do need a day each to recover after though.
I received my appointment for my 3 year mammogram yesterday and have decided to attend, as I thought its one way of checking it's all worked? Will proberly get told off, but would like a bit of closure on this whole episode and this is really the only way at present.
Nice to catch up with you all and apologise to everyone I have missed, but have read all your posts religiously. Xx
Spikey

Thanks Mel, not sure what I'm going to do between now and full reconstruction, think I'm going to make do so I don't have to go to the hospital again! 🙂 Hope you get one sorted at the 6 month mark so you can wear your dresses again.
Kate
x
Mel_A

Kate a contact prosthesis has a sticky back that sticks firmly to your skin, rather than sitting loosly in your bra or pocket. I've got a couple of nice dresses that would cover my chest nicely but you can't really wear with a strapped bra. I would be able to wear a strapless bra with a contact prosthesis as it wouldn't be dependent on my bra holding it in place. That's the theory anyway 🙂
Spikey

Mel, Sandy - I don't believe the eyelashes will grow and drop forever as the lady I was speaking to was hoping this set (her 3rd) will stay but she'd been told to expect 2 or 3 sets.
Mel - what is a contact prosthesis, is that a silicone one? I was told to go for a silicone cup which fits over my expander to make me the same size and shape as my other breast - I just can't be bothered! Once I start wearing bra's again (not worn one since rads really) I'm expecting to stick with the comfort ones for a while as I've got used to them!

I've done my half days 'work' from home today which is lots easier than travelling to the office! I could get used to these hours.......

Hope you are all okay, good luck Thursday Sandy.
Kate
x
PrimroseHill

Judy - Your right, I was getting in a pickle but strangely woke up this morning very possitive after a good nights sleep. Maybe that's all I needed. Are you crispier than a packet of walkers yet. Lol. Pleased the rads aren't too bad for you. Keep up the good work. 

Mel A - Your right too. I think we have all be through the worst part and this is just the last part of getting rid for me. Have you been to the GP about your buckling knee. My OH had ultra sonic therapy on his weak arm which really helped. Funnily enough for years I too thought my bra size was 36a but found out when I went for my first ever fitting about ten years ago that I was actually 34b. I do hope I get get away with the drains. Let us know if you get to meet up with Debra.

Kate - I still have no sign of any eyelashes. Does it mean they will grow and shed altogether forever and i wonder if it's the same for the eyebrows. Must do some research whilst I'm incarcerated.

Mel - How are you getting on. Thinking of you.

Pauline - Me too. Thanks. Hope your not working too hard. 

Lv and hugs Angels. Sandy. xxx

Mel_A

Hi Angels
I've just been for a fitting for a contact prosthesis, but unfortunately found out I can't have one yet as I have to wait 6 months after rads. The trip was useful though as I found out I was wearing the wrong size bra, which was why the prosthesis was pulling it forward. I was wearing a 36a instead of a 34b. The difference it has made wearing the right bra size is incredible. I also stayed for a chat at the drop in centre for the first time and met some lovely ladies, so overall a good morning.
Debra I've booked onto that presentation on Thursday so will see you there 🙂
Sandy - if bra size makes a difference, then I'm the same size as you and didn't need drains after my mx so fingers crossed. I know it's easier said than done but try not to worry too much. You've already gone through the worst.
Kim - glad you're enjoying your holiday. 3 miles - that's great.
I think I've found the cause of my buckling knee - driving. I was stuck in traffic again yesterday and my leg was really feeling it on the clutch.
Kate - Losing eyelashes the first time was bad enough. Mine haven't come back properly yet - just stubble. When they come back I'll have to superglue them on 😉
Mel - I hope you're doing ok and due to be released soon. If your onc will let you have it Astragalus is supposed to boost white blood cells.
Judy - I'm glad the rads are going ok. Keep slapping the aqueous cream on.