1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone due to start chemo in April? - Awesom April Angels

LNMcG

Re: Anyone due to start chemo in April? - Awesom April Angels

Roz you are a star I am Hapoy to pay full price but it you get enough offers happy to save money as on half pay. Just watching rememberence service always makes me cry x x x
Rozz

Hello all,

Just back from Norfolk today.  I can’t say we had a lovely holiday as we spent it all doing DIY – fun to start with, but I’m glad to be home to a “finished” house!  (Deeply regretting turning the heating off while we were away though! Its freezing!!)  I only overdid it once, and had to down-tools (a wet paintbrush) and sit down for ½ hour to recover. That was the first time I’ve felt chemo-tired in ages.  My remaining SEs are painless & only have nuisance value, so I feel quite lucky. Sorry some of you are still suffering.  My biggest issue at the moment is tendonitis which I had before DX and would be a lot better if I remembered to do the sodding exercises!  

Philomena, I see from your post that your cough is better now, sorry not to see you but completely understand.  I’ll be at the cottage again on Friday if you’re free, or Thursday the following week (21st).

Mel – so glad you’re finally off that train!  Be patient with yourself over the next few weeks – your head will be about 2 weeks ahead of your body!

Spa Weekend

11 Angels want 2 nights each.  To save money we could book 3 rooms at full price, and 3 with the 20% discount.  Everyone would pay £59 now, which is an 11th share of the discounted, non-cancellable rooms. Please note:

1. Provided a minimum of 5 Angels are able to go in April, anyone who can’t make it should get this back in full if they have to cancel. 
  2. The final amount each of us would pay would be between £107.20 and £129, depending on numbers. 
  3. The RISK is that if 4 or less Angels actually make it some of the deposit would be lost.  Angels who could make it would pay a maximum of £129 and those not going would have to share the cost of the unused rooms.
  4. No deposits could be repaid until April as the cost won’t be known until then since it depends on final numbers.

Alternatively, I could just book the rooms at the full price.  No deposit needed and can be cancelled the day before.

So, let me know if you want go for the lower-cost option and I’ll book accordingly.  (e.g.  I”ll go for 2 rooms at discount and 2 at full rate if 8 Angels want to go discounted etc.).

Sorry if the above is a bit confusing, I’m an accountant so I can get a bit **bleep** about this kind of thing!  Happy to answer any questions!!

The Spa seems quite relaxed about bookings, I’ll book the treatment lengths you asked for but they only want a day’s notice if you can’t make it and don’t want payment up front.  I’ll also ask for more details of the actual treatments, but seems to be massage, facial or manicure/pedicure.

Mel – good if you could sort out the evening!  I’m up for the meal as well as the show.  I’ll make sure all the treatments are finished by 4 so there’s time to un-chill and get ready!

Love & hugs,

Roz

lori28

Thanks Mel that's reassuring. Lx
KimG

Good morning ladies

Damnation haha, I love it!
I've been into work alternate days on reduced hours this week and it has gone well. I haven't been tired and have really enjoyed getting back into the swing of things.
I also had a meeting with my Onc on Wednesday, she said everything had gone well and I would have a mammogram in March followed by annual follow up appointments,

Hope you are all doing well and have a great weekend

Kim x
Mel_A

Ha ha -the irony - damnation - lol
Lori I'm a member of a facebook group for younger women with breast cancer and it seems to be quite common for periods to come back after treatment. Some ladies have also conceived too so don't rely on chemo as contraception 😉
Lynn I'm glad the work interview went well. I've got a meeting with my boss on Monday to plan my return to work. I saw the Lion King in Manchester - it's amazing isn't it?
Amber I hope your daughter is starting to feel better.
Diggy -sorry to hear your having a rough time at work. I'm sure nobody would want to stand in your shoes so don't worry about what they think.
Kim how are you finding being back at work?
Philomena I'm glad the meeting with the onc went ok and you are getting over your cough. I've got an appointment to see my onc on Wednesday.
My legs are getting a bit stronger now and less sore. The occupational health nurse thought it was muscle weakness that was causing my knees to give. They have definitely improved. It's my hips that are causing me the most discomfort now until I get going and I'm still waking up a lot in the night. I started back at yoga yesterday, which I really enjoyed and I'm hoping to start back at the dog training class with Daisy again next week because we both enjoy it 🙂 It's such a shame I have to go back to work as I feel that bc has actually given me my life back. More irony eh?
Have a nice weekend ladies xx
LNMcG

Damnation indeed made me laugh out loud ha ha ! Have a good weekend Angels take care Lynn x
lori28

Hi Ladies,

Sorry not posted for a while. Been trying to keep up with all your post tho....

Can certainly relate to the fuzzy downy face and achey limbs think Tamoxifen to blame there.

My oncologist did say my body could get used to the aches after 3-12 months (but not definate - eeek!) and to try evening primrose oil as well as the painkillers in the meantime, doing all that but to be honest does not seem to be making much of a difference. I'm still trying to decide what to try for my downy face the new no-no is a tad too expensive me thinks!!

Had Herceptin No.5 on Monday and got some great news....New Injection now available at my Hospital so future administrations will be injected into the thigh over 2-5 mins no more infusions - Happy Days!!! Hopefully give my arm a chance to recover. On advice from my physio my other half has been working frantically on a evening doing massage to try and soften and stretch my hardened veins so they are starting to be less visible.

The Acupuncture for Hot Flushes is going well too I have had 4 so half way through and they seem to have reduced quite alot.

Have an appointment to discuss reconstruction again on 10th December, I think I am veering toward the tummy procedure but worried with all these aches then surgery I will not be able to move. Plastic surgeon also said she would probably not do this option until after I complete Herceptin which will be next August. I think if I consider the back procedure I could probably have that done sooner as not so invasive, but a huge Op all the same....I have some time to ponder!

Strange thing happened the other day, took a bleed, I thought (hoped) I'd seen the last of periods after this on slaught of treatment....any other ladies experienced this, could it be that or something else? I mentioned it to nurse and she said it can happen?

Rozz, thanks for all the info on Spa Day - I hope to make it but can't really confirm for sure as yet, depending on what/when recon I decide upon. If I can make it I would stay 2 nights and would like 50min treatment time.

Diggy Wiggy, have you got the option to change to the new injection of herceptin, I hope so?

Sandy, your fireworks night sounds like one to remember (precious moments!) hope you are recovering well and feeling ok since starting your tamoxifen.

Amber, sorry to hear about your daughter, hope she is recovering ok and that your ok too after the worry of it all!

Mel, so chuffed that's you off the train....its been a long time for you and a struggle to say the least so I'm really pleased for you!

Judy, hope you are feeling ok since completing your rads.

Hope all you other ladies are doing ok - glad to hear some of you are off on hols, on hols or back safely from enjoying your hols ha!

Take care, love Lori xx

p.s just done a spell check on the above and would you believe 'Tamoxifen' want's to change to 'Damnation' Ha!!

Mosiecat

Hi Everyone, Been back from my lovely holiday since Sunday but only just got round to posting. It's been a funny old week!
Mel, many congratulations on getting to the platform end of this journey. Seems ages since I and lots of others arrived there but I still feel this journey is a long way from over.
Roz, please count me in for two nights with a 55 min treatment if I'm not too late and thank you for taking charge of us.
Thank you to all those who have posted re downy hair on face. I'd put it down to old lady beard but it sounds like there's hope for me yet! I've tried the facial Nads but it's just too fine to wax off. Hair is growing well but is extremely grey and growing with a teenage lad's type fin. Not a good look at my age.
I'm another on Anastrozole and I'm suffering from achy legs - joints and muscles. In my case I don't think its chemo related since I didn't have Tax. I put it down to oestrogen depletion and nothing else. Come to think of it the facial hair may be down to that too. Is there anyone out there with aches and hairy face who isn't on an oestrogen inhibitor?
Will keep in touch,
Moira xxx
ps Hope your daughter is over the worst, Amber.
Philomena_b

Evening Angels,
Amber I hope your daughter is better now 🙂
Sandy, so glad you got to Centre parks, how time is flying as it only seems a few weeks ago that you were worried you wouldn't be able to go!
Mel so glad your off that train.
Roz, sorry I didn't make it Monday, but have had this cough that causes coughing fits, so embarrassing, good news is its on the mend.
Went to see my ONC today as it is hopefully the last time I will see her! although her door is always open. Full check over and all seems well, although the damage to my arm from the damaged veins is the worst she had seen, and is thrombosed all the way up to my armpit! she was so apologetic! and says it will hopefully heal!!!
So I am now just to have the yearly check ups, quite nice really.
I also joined the gym yesterday, mainly for the swimming. Off there tomorrow with eldest daughter, followed by lunch, well I don't want to over do it.
Hope your all well Angels
Xx
diggywiggy

Evening Angels
Just back from Herceptin infusion no. 9 - halfway through - hooray.
Sandy - enjoy Centre Parcs.
Masiecake Mel - do hope the se's pass quickly. Be good to yourself.
Philomena - i had really bad pain in my arms and legs. When I saw the onc she decided to take me off the letrozole for 6 weeks and then review. The pains have gone, just a bit of stiffness when I've been sitting still. I have downy hair on my face too. Perhaps we had it before but didn't notice? I know my skin looked better when it was hairless.
Mel A - I too like the idea of the meal and comedy show.
Kim - how's work? I've been back a month. Still finding it hard. Think I'm a bit paranoid and that everyone is talking about me.
I am having councelling. Also doing a Penny Brohn course at the local hospital - wish I could have done it sooner. Also doing exercise and taking the anti depressants. Doing everything I can to get back to some kind of normal.
Sharing the journey with you all has been so important to me.
Diggy Wiggy x
PrimroseHill

Doing this off my phone from centre parcs. So i hope it loads ok. Mel it sounds like you are very busy. Take rest when you can and i hope you daughter is better very soon. Hope our other Mel is holding up too and getting through the last of those side effects. All lovely here in the forest feeding squirrels and my brother and partner came over for bonfire night. Fireworks were so good and Paul gave me a well done hug right at the end. Tears streaming down my face thereafter as we silently held hands. Havnt done that since we were kids. Hope everyone else is good. Lv n hugs. Sandy. Xxxx
Spikey

Amber

My OH had similar probs with his tonslectomy a couple of years ago, oramorph was prescribed, knocked him out a bit but got him through the painful time. Hope your daughter gets on the road to recovery soon.

Kate
X
LNMcG

Hey Angels hope every one else ok. Amber Sorry to hear your daughter not so good hope she gets better soon and you can relax.
Meeting with boss today went well. Lynn x
Amber_D

Hi Girls,
Just a quickie, nightmare time since Thurs evening. My daughter was admitted to hospital again cos she started vomitting clots of blood apparently this can happen in adults after tonsillectomy. She had infection which they said may have got in theatre during op last Tues. She got home yesterday but very weak been crying with the pain, so I've been looking after grandchildren, school runs etc plus hospital visits every day which is an hour away. Oh still away, so am well n truly knackered but have to keep going till she's better.
Hope you are all ok
Happy bonfire night 🔥💥🌠
KimG

Hi everyone
Sandy that is great news
Mel welcome to the platform 🙂
philomena I've also got the fine facial hair.

Busy week ahead for me. Back to work tomorrow, only 4 hours, and appointment with my ONC on Wednesday.
Hope everyone is ok and having a lovely weekend

Kim x
Philomena_b

Afternoon Angels, wonderful news Sandy, so pleased for you and your family xx congratulations Mel on finally alighting at the station. I think your trip has been like the trans Siberian train trip, but the most important thing is your here.
Roz, brilliant that you have sorted out about the hotel, you and Pauline are great! I will be coming for 2 days but not really into spa's and I will be seeing you tomorrow up in Winterton, very excited.
What is it with this downy hair on the face! Only really noticed this weekend down at my sisters as she always has the mirror on the magnifying side, and yes Angie I also have nasal hair and numerous whiskers. Whilst it's lovely getting the hair back I would have liked it to be back in more specific places!!!
I have just returned from a weekend in London and had a brilliant time.tottally worn out but worth it.
I too am having a lot of problems with my hands and joints am now having to take quite a lot of painkillers. I am seeing my onc on Thursday and am going to ask about this.
Anyway girls hope you have all had a good weekend xx
LNMcG

Mel congratulations on reaching the platform group hug I think x x

Mel meal and comedy club sound great. Thanks for organising.
I was in Edinburgh this afternoon with my daughter to see the Lion King at the Playhouse what a great show, costumes and props excellent and their voices were magnificent fab day, tired tonight. Hope you all are well Lynn x
PrimroseHill

Yaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. Absolutely well done Mel. Gentle hugs all round on the platform. Hope your not feeling too bad. It won't be long before your taste buds are back and you feel a little less tired each week. You really have been through the mill so take it easy sweetie and look forward to us all meeting up.

I went to see the oncologist yesterday morning who would like me to start radiotherapy as soon as the last implant fill is finished a week on Weds. I thought I'd ducked out of that particular therapy but it seems not. 

Mel - The meal and the show would be something OH and I would love so you can count us in for that. Man Wink xxxxxx

Mel_A

Brilliant news Mel - yippee the platform is full! You've had such a tough ride too.
Sandy, great news about the nodes.
Lynn I hope your meeting goes ok this week.
Wow -loads of posts about our meet up in April. Can't wait. Thanks for sortung out the hotel Rozz. I'm not staying over but would like to book a 55 min spa treatment if that's ok. The comedy club is great. If you book a meal before hand you can get some good seats reserved. There are usually 2 showings 7pm and 9:30pm. If you want the meal you need to get there at 5pm for the earlier showing. With a booking fee it is £36.50 each for a 2 course meal and show or £22.50 per ticket for the show only. The food there is nice. I don't mind sorting that out if you let me know which package you want and numbers. xx
CazP

Yeeeeaaaaahhhh!!! Fantastic news, well done Mel! Smiley HappySmiley Happy

Hope the next week or so goes really well and then you can enjoy celebrating with your favourite food and drink too! Loving the image of you arriving at the station, or maybe I should say tumbling out the carriage to all us waiting angels xxxx

Judyd

🎉🎈so pleased for you Mel! congratulations on finally getting there! I think your has been the hardest journey here! but you've done now. You've just got to get over this last dose then you can get your life back. 🎊🏁
Amber_D

Congratulations and well done Mel it's been a long journey but you made it, we've got the champers on hold until your ready 🎉🍸🎶💖
Spikey

Congratulations Mel, welcome to the platform! Start eating the spinach, liver, cabbage and lots of fruit now in the hope you can stave off any nasties! 🙂

Kate
X
maisiecake

Hi Angels

FINALLY FINALLY MY TRAIN HAS ARRIVED AT THE STATION. THE DOOR HAS CREAKED OPEN AND I HAVE FALLEN OUT ONTO THE PLATFORM IN A CRUMPLED HEAP!!!Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

Only slept about half an hour and have now given up lying there staring at the ceiling. It's great to log on and find that you are all planning for meeting up. Thanks Rozz you're a star!! Have chemo brain so better go for cancellable stuff. I would like to come for 2 nights with the 55min spa treatment- I think! is the room and treatment deal cancellable? If so I think I'll do this with lunch - can't really process the info atm but PLEASE put me down.

Can't really believe I've finished chemo- feel slightly euphoric ( as well as sick, tired, aching and worried I'll end up back in with neutropenia)

couldn't celebrate with food or drink, but did sing all the way back in car!

Picc line out next Friday if I am not admitted.

love you all Mel xxx Heart Heart Heart

diggywiggy

Hi Rozz I will stay 2 nights. Won't book the spa because will still have a Picc line. Like the idea of a comedy club. Went to Manchester a couple of times as a student - some 30+ years ago. But will do a bit of research. Are you going to make the booking? How will we pay? Diggy Wiggy.
PrimroseHill

Hi Angels,

I will be travelling over with OH on the Saturday and staying with a relative in Manchester so won't book for anything just in case there are any problems on the farm and we have to return suddenly. We would love to meet up with you all and join in the Saturday night plans though if that's ok with everyone. Just can't wait. Lv to you all. Sandy xxx 

KimG

Hi Roz
Thanks for contacting the hotel, can you put me down for 2 nights with a 50 minute treatment on the Sarurday, as I will be travelling to Manchester after work on the Friday and won't arrive until early evening.

Kim x
CazP

Rozz, thank you for doing all the leg work. I would like to stay for both nights and have a 55 min spa treatment (I assume we have a choice of treatment - do we choose this when we get there or up front?). I am happy to pay a little bit more and have the cancellation option just incase its needed.

Manchester is great for restaurants, entertainment and shopping so whatever we get up to I am sure we will have a great time angels.

I am about to start discussions re return to work dates and hours. I don't have the option to work from home so think it will be a case of using accrued leave to phase in over several weeks. I had a couple of good days earlier this week and did a bit more which I think I am paying for now. Bed at 8.30 or 9pm because I can't stay awake any longer. My hands are bothering me alot in the mornings as are the joints but am trying not to take painkillers as I dont want to be taking them all the time. I have small windows of time when I feel more the normal me, which is just fantastic as haven't had this for several weeks. Feels like light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully, over the next few weeks they will happen more often and last longer!

Take care, Carol xxx

LNMcG

Roz thanks for phoning hotel I would like to come for two nights with a 50min spa treatment, I assume the spa treatment will be on the Saturday as I don't know when I will get there on the Friday.  How much will that be each then is it £170 up front non cancelable or  £189 cancelable for the two nights if sharing and going to spa? 

What option did you book ?  I could faster payment you the money to pay up front, although It will probably be easier just to go for the cancelable option then no one will be out of pocket.

I have never been to Manchester ever, not been to a. Comedy club in years sounds good for a laugh!  

Hope all you Angels are well Lynn x 

Spikey

Razz

Thanks or sorting this. I will be there for 2 nights. I don't want any treatment, I'll just lounge in the pool area for the afternoon! 🙂

Thanks
Kate
X
Amber_D

Hi Rozz,
Thanks for finding out all this info. I'll come for the 2 nights, 55min Spa treatment including lunch please xx
Rozz

Hello Ladies,

I contacted the Park Inn hotel this afternoon and it seems we need to get our skates on as the Spa is fully booked for 6th April already! Sorry if I’m repeating info already provided by Pauline, but I can’t find the original message – there are just too many!

The standard rate for a room is £129, including breakfast.  Rooms booked at the normal rate can be cancelled anytime up to 6.00am on the arrival date.  There is a 20% discount if we book early, but these rooms would have to be paid for in advance, and would then be non-cancellable.  I don’t know if any of us are sufficiently confident of the future for this option?!

If you are feeling confident, there is a Spa Package deal for £105 which includes a room for one night and a 50 minute treatment, based on 2 sharing a room of course.  Saving is almost £20 each.

The spa is £30 for a 25 minute treatment or £60 for a 55 minute treatment, latter includes lunch. I just booked it (!)  but they need to know how many want 25 mins & how many want 55mins. They can "do" 4 at a time so our treatments (back to the nice kind now!) will be between 1pm and 5pm, or less if some only want 25mins.  There's a pool & gym to chill in, or not, in the meantime.

I don’t think we need to sort out who shares with who at this stage. If you let me know how many nights, of number of nights etc., I’ll work out how many rooms etc.  As I can stay with my parents on the Friday night, I can make up the numbers or not as necessary.

So, could all the ladies who have expressed an interest let me know:

1)   If you want to stay at the hotel on both Friday 4th and Saturday 5th.. or just either day. 

2)   If you want to go for the spa package for one night.

3)   If you want to come to the spa and if so whether you want 25 or 55mins.

4)   If you have any questions, or if you think I’ve forgotten something important!

Pauline, please include yourself too, I'm happy to change the reservation if your holiday clashes with it. I would be a real shame if you find you can come later on but there isn't space for you.

Now, someone else needs to sort out the entertainment.  Did someone mention a comedy club? I've decided to get as many laughs in as possible now!

Rozz

angiepops

hi all

ive got the downy fur on my face too, i think it is normal. ive got hairs up my nose too - never thought i'd write that sentence!!

yes the hotel will secure a room on a card but check the cancellation time just in case they take from the card. its normal practice for the cancellation to be in writing so check that too.

its crappy weather up north too. very wet n wild.

well done judy, getting back to normal soon?

rozz - i asked about lymphodema today as well, nurse said it would feel like stretching  tight skin, so i dont think ive got it. ive just got pain, possibly nerve damage or something, numb and not very normal so it feels strange.

amber - best place is on the sofa!

maisiecake - almost there!

i had a shock today at work. our kitchen assistant who lives at home looking after her 80 year old mum (she is 60) has just been diagnosed with BC. it made me cry, i felt so sorry for her, she had the day off to take it all in. unbelieveable, thats 3 of us in one place now. Its everywhere isnt it.

angie xx

Amber_D

Morning Girls,

Great news Sandy, glad alls well.
Lynn, shock to the system comming back to this cold weather glad you had a good time
Judy, Iam on Anastrazole and have the fluffy face so maybe it's both drugs. Somebody did say to me we were starting out again, like babies our new hair is fluffy and when they're born they have fluffy hair on their skin which disappears. Hopefully ours will disappear too.
Rozz, thanks for offering to give the hotel a call, I suppose we should really get organised.

It's a horrible cold rainy day here so curling up on the sofa just now.

Happy Halloween everyone 👻🎃
Rozz

Hiya,

Judy – congrats on finishing rads.  Another step closer to getting your life back!

Amber, I still haven’t seen the lymphedema specialist, but had a chat with one of the physios today during my pilates class.  She said it can be managed well with a compression sleeve, available on prescription, the trick being to learn what I need to do to keep it under control. I can’t say I’m happy about it, but it’s only a nuisance so far.

Sandy, great news! Nice choice of name for the trial.

Lynn, welcome back! Hope you’re getting used to UK weather.  The fact that you can’t walk far is something your line manager should know – don’t underplay your symptoms or how long they might take to clear up so you get to return to work at a pace that you can cope with.  I started to organize a spa/hotel weekend for some friends, but had to hand it over when I was diagnosed.  I suspect we can book the rooms on a credit card without making a payment up front and cancel with only 48 hours notice.  I’ll give the hotel a call tomorrow – chemo brain willing!

Night all, sleep tight.

Rozz

maisiecake

Hi Angels

great news Sandy  I'm so pleased for you.

Rozz- sorry to hear about the lymphoedema, hope you get some help soon.

Judy- I have a hairy face! I think it's really noticeable, but was thinking it was just lack of head hair that made it stand out! Glad I'm not the only one! I haven't started tamoxifen yet so it's not that for me. My pathetic layer of head fluff is thinning again after chemo- quite fed up with grey fluff now. Got another voucher for a wig girls, as it's been 6 mnths. Now is it going to be a grey one so there's not such a big change when I stop wearing it?

Last chemo Friday- can't wait

love to all you lovely angels xxxx

Judyd

Well pleased for you Sandy that is excellent news! good that you don't have to have radiotherapy either! well pleased for you.
Lynn, wrap up warm, you don't want to end up with flu or anything, good luck with your meeting with work.
Thanks Kate and Amber, I'm glad I'm not the only one with a hairy face, I was beginning to panic a bit. I wonder if it's anything to do with the tamoxifen?
angiepops

sandy

brilliant news, i bet you're chuffed. makes you feel better when they tell you that the insides looking good too.

i'm really pleased for you

angie xx

LNMcG

Hi Angela just been reading all your posts. That's a shame you won't make the get together Pauline you will be missed. Mel good luck for the last one. Too many post to comment on hope you all doing ok. We just got home last night had a great relaxing holiday. 28 degrees there to 8 degrees here brrr! Showed me how unfit I still am though as we usually walk for miles, but legs and feet too sore to walk far. Need to get a fitness regime going. Got an appt with my line manager next week to discuss my absence wish me luck! ! What we going to do about April weekend? Do you think we should give money to one person and do a block booking of 6 twin rooms and hope some else can come, if any one is super confident could even ask for a discount. What do you all think? Lynn x
PrimroseHill

Thank you Angels for your posts regarding surgery. This time last year I had a 4.5cm fibroid thingy taken from my left breast. Stupidly thought the healing process and time would be the same for the Mx and expander implant. Aparently its the node removal and cutting of the nerves that causes the tingling, numb and scolded sensation in the arm. All within normal prediction I was told. 

That was this morning when I went for the results and outcome of the operation. OH came with me and the surgeon said it was fantastic news. Out of the 19 nodes removed none contained any trace of cancer and all margins were clear with no evidence of disease. I go and see the oncologist on Friday to see if I need any radiotherapy (the surgeon thinks not). 

So I now have to start Tamoxifen tomorrow. I have expander fill two weeks today and I will be given a date when I have to re-start Herceptin infusions. However, when I came out of the consultation room I was asked by a man who was to do with research whether I would take part in the Persephone clinical trial which basically means six months of Herceptin versus twelve months to see whether six is just as effective as twelve. More decisions......but actually I don't care at this moment in time. Going to ring all and sundrie and tell em all the good news.

With regard to surgery recovery, Kate it was when i read your post first, and then everyones elses, that I realised it's just what you have all experienced so thank you angels for putting my mind at rest. And Judy - congratulations on finishing the rads. Mel - All the best for Friday. Nearly there!! Lv & Hugs Angels. Sandy xxxxx

Amber_D

Morning Girls,

Frosty up here today! Been on the school run this morning so knackered, my daughter had her tonsils out yesterday and won't get out till later today so had the kids last night and for a few days. They gave her tramadol this morning, brings back memories lol.
Well done Judy and good that your skin is still in tact. I too have a hairy face, what's this all about eh! I've been getting mine threaded when getting my eyebrows done. Haven't had to shave my armpits yet but my legs are defo back to normal.
Angie thanks for the tip re pain killers, I just can't believe it still hurts after all this time. Glad you're getting yourself sorted too.
Rozz sorry to hear you have Lymphedema, it's something I am aware of all the time, do you have a compression sleeve?
Mel A, glad you're enjoying your hols, it's just nice to have a break
Pauline, chillax and enjoy Florida
Stated writing this ages ago but have had a few interruptions and can't remember what else I wanted to say lol!
Anyway hope you all have a good day xxx😜
Spikey

Well done Judy, get those celebrations going! I have the same problem of lots of extra white hair on my face, I don't remember having it before but my OH thinks it may just be more obvious as I don't have head hair down the side of my face to cause shadows......I shall be asking the ONC about it when I see him! I don't shave under my mx arm as I can't feel I've started using the hair removing cream that you can use in the shower as I really didn't feel safe with the razor! 🙂

My hot flushes at night have got a lot less since I stopped having tea or coffee in the evenings, they haven't gone away but they are reduced.

Hope everyone is enjoying their hols and good luck for Friday Mel!

Kate
X
Judyd

Well I've done it, finished rads today, skin still intact but the nurse gave me a gel sheet to cool in the fridge and slap on, it's great. I'm feeling very pleased that that's it.
Rozz sorry to read that you have lymphedema in your arm, I hope there is something that can be done to sort it out. I know just how you feel with the night flushes, every night now I'm waking up, every hour with them. I throw all the covers off, then sit up to cool my head, then have a drink then back to bed again, it's no wonder I look like crap at the moment... Put it this way, I won't need the dark eye makup for uncle fester look alike on halloween night.

Angie, your not nuts, I'm glad you sound more like your old self. Keep taking the pills, hope you feel fighting fit soon.
Philomena, that it great news that your not BRCA , your family will be relieved.
mel, Anglesey sounds just the ticket for you at the moment, enjoy yourself with the family.
Sandy, how're. You doing?
your nearly there now mel! is it Friday! your last chemo?
Pauline, ... Florida, you lucky thing, have a great holiday.
Moira, kim, Amber, and Kate, how're you all doing?
I had to shave my armpits today, it's well tricky when I can't even feel my armpit on the surgery side.
Has anyone else noticed there face is hairier? I copped for myself in the mirror coming home today, with the sun shining on me, I have lot of fine white hair on my face... Not quite growing a beard but a hell of a lot hairier than I was before I started with all this.
Rozz

Angie, good to hear you're getting some answers - even if it means more tests. I can lie on my ops side, but not for long, it just doesn't feel so comfy.
Phillomena if you click on a name on the normal page, it takes you to that person's page, then theres a link to message that person on the right hand side. On my laptop, at least, not sure about phone etc. I have messaged you anyway.
Mel - good to hear you're loving Anglesey - don't let Daisy drink the sea water thou, will prob. give her the trots!
Hope the rest of you are all ok too.
Roz
angiepops

hi all

amber - i told doc about not being able to lay on op side and she said take pain killers before bed, so i did and it works, it doesnt wake me when i turn on to it,

i went to docs and i'm not nuts but she thinks i have picked up an infection, poss uti, and ive got high blood presssure. she was great, i'm going back for bloods and sort out whatever it is, i do feel better, had anti biotics for infection.

angie xx

Mel_A

Amber I still get occasional stabbing pains too, but wondered if the stitches had dissolved properly. I guess it's just the norm.
Angie I hope everything went ok for you at the drs on Friday.
Rozz don't worry about the tea - Daisy did it to me again yesterday. It's part and parcel of bouncy dogs.
I'm loving it in Anglesey. We've rented a bungalow with a big garden and are chilling, playing games with the kids and getting out for walks with the dogs. Daisy has discovered that she loves the beach and is even going for a splash in the water. Today she had us in stitches chasing froth from the waves across the beach. I'm feeling much more better this week too. I seem to have acquired a bit more energy 🙂
I hope you're feeling a bit better today Sandy. xx
Philomena_b

Hi Roz, how do I pm you? It's changed xx
maisiecake

Hi all

sorry you're feeling poorly Sandy. Just to add mine to the rest I had tingling and numbness under arm and down arm which has slowly reduced.(op in feb), but not completely gone. I get occassional stabbing pains, and had the 'chapped' feeling under arm which eventually went after several months. Take the pain relief and hope you get some help tomorrow. I'm with Judy on the fluid draining- unfortunately mine started to leak! It's early days, give it time. sending hugs xxxx

Rozz

Hi All,

I can’t believe its over a week since I met up with Mel.  We had a meeting of minds when we decided that   1½ Labradors is too much for one house!  It was lovely to meet her and her family – and sorry again for the tea incident Mel!  Have a lovely time in Anglesey; hope the weather is better there than here. No trains this morning due to the weather so a long journey into work for a meeting that ended up being cancelled! 

I think I now officially have some lymphedema in my left arm.  The water retention after the Tax just didn’t go away.  Sometimes I think its going, but then it comes back. There doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.  I’m trying to get an appointment with the specialist (physio I think) but everyone seems to be on holiday.  It’s not bad, and certainly not painful so I can wait.

My biggest problem at the moment is the hot flushes at night.  I just can't get back to sleep after I've had one.  They’re not bad at all, don’t last long and don’t really bother me during the day so I hope that when I get back to work properly I’ll get back to sleep more easily, being more knackered

Congrats on finishing rads Carol. I was told skin is worst 1 week after rads, which was true, but not bad. Hope your skin holds up too. Keep slapping the aqueous on!

Sandy, sorry to hear you’re still suffering.  You are not a nuisance; it’s the medics job to look after you and they should help if you’re in pain.  I feel a bit guilty sometimes when OH does things for me but that’s because I’m feeling so much better. You’ve just had surgery for goodness sake!  Rest up, get better – that’s all your family wants.

Angie – hope you enjoyed your pink day!  Sounds like such fun.

Phillomena- OH and I will be at our cottage in Winterton for a few days. Would you like to meet up? PM me if you’re free.  I’ll have to coordinate with deliveries & DIY but it would be great to see you. Fantastic news re the BRCA!!

Mel – tell your daughter well done from me!  See you on the platform on Friday at last! Fingers crossed your last cycle isn’t too bad.  Hope the counselling helps you work out what you want your future to be. Stepping back from everyday life gives us the chance to evaluate things properly, I think.

Amber – hope the tiredness is just a blip. Our poor bods need to be treated kindly, but the exercise is really important so don’t give up!

Pauline.  Enjoy Florida!  Bone scan was a bit weird (you’ll be radioactive for 24 hours!) but not uncomfortable or anything.  Pic of my skeleton seriously weird – but at least I looked thin! Hope you can join us in Manchester; you’ve done so much to bring us together it won.t be the same without you.  Hope your dads results come thru soon, and are ok, uncertainty is hard to handle.

Love & hugs to you all,

Rozz

Philomena_b

Evening Angels, Sandy, sorry your having problems. For better pain relief you can add ibuprofen 100-200mg to alternate with the paracetamol so long as you are able to take them. This will boost the pain relief big time. I would also ask the BCN what her advice would be if it happens again as it seems a bit lame to say wait until Wednesday without even seeing you.Also , just check there is no infection heat redness.
Getting very excited about April, time seems to be flying now.
Norwich seems to have escaped the worst of st Jude's wind! Thank god, hate the wind particularly with short hair as it really whips around the ears. Shall be spraying it green on Thursday as eldest is having a Halloween party, and have got two pumpkins already for a bit of carving. Off to London at the weekend to give it the big un, well not sure about that but will give it my best. Hope your all starting to get your strength back? Mine comes and goes, often feel I could do a marathon but then fall at the first hurdle. Have decided to join a gym so that I can go swimming every day, to try and improve both fitness and arm strength which is really poor.Must go as I have just got a question right on Only connect !!!!! Xx