1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone due to start chemo in April? - Awesom April Angels

PrimroseHill

Re: Anyone due to start chemo in April? - Awesom April Angels

Oh Judy, something else to worry about. Please try not to worry. Im with Lori and will be raising a glass to all angels good health for 2014. 

Philomena - Glad you had a good xmas with your family. Just got your text too.

Amber - Enjoy Dublin.

Kate - It's good that you made that appointment. I think all of us should push the system not to forget us.

Mel A - Hope your appointment goes well too.

Lori - I too am hoping to drop a few pounds after christmas. Lets hope we don't find it too hard.

All our lovely Angels,  Rozz, Lynn, Caz, Mel, Angie, Diggy, and anyone else Ive forgot ......Prayers and Best Wishes for a happy and healthy New Year. Love and Hugs to you all. Sandy xxxxxxxx.

lori28

Hi Ladies,
So sorry to hear about your scan Judy, I have everything crossed that it's nothing to merit any worry and next time they put your mind at rest. You certainly could have done without this news.
I will be raising my glass to you and all you other ladies and wishing us and our families a healthier and happier New Year!
Amber hope you enjoy Dublin! OH & I are just back from a 10 day break in Ireland. We had Christmas with his Mum & Dad and had a lovely time...weather much the same as home but it did not matter. Quiet New Year for us but will be thinking of you all and thankful that we've had this connection and support from each other to help us through 2013.
Hope everyone is doing ok, especially you ladies that we've not heard from in a wee while, Pauline, Debbie, Moira hope your all ok.
I am still off work and have the aches in legs, hips and still can't seem to sleep right through although I do think the aches are starting to subside a little so if it's to do with Tamoxifen then I've been on that since August now so Maybe I'm getting used to it a little better. I'm still talking to a psycologist every few weeks and still taking the anti-depressants, these seem to be making me less anxious so hopefully can give them up shortly.
Hoping to shift some of my christmas weight in the new year, I think a stone should do it. My reconstruction will probably not be done until after Herceptin so I'm looking at the back end of next year. I think I've decided on Diep....any-one else decided?
Well I'll sign off for now but will continue to keep up with your posts. Take care everyone & A healthy and happy new year to you all. Lots of love Lori xx
Katebil

Oh Judy, just when things were starting to get back to some form of normality they throw a curve ball in, hope its nothing and hasn't changed when they do the next scan. I'll have an extra glass tonight to join your drinking session! I have an appt with my ONC on 16th Jan, I finally bit the bullet and rang them as I haven't seen anyone since July....apart from the radiologists every day for 3 weeks! They asked when I'd last seen the breast surgeon and when I said March they implied something had gone wrong and I should have been seen by him and the ONC in the last 6 months! Ooops but hopefully now I'm back in the system they are going to sort my one year from dx mammogram too.

Hope 2014 brings you all some good health and lots of happiness

Kate
X
LNMcG

Oh! Judy that's rubbish news to get, at this late stage in our crap year 2013 will be memory for all the wrong reasons, hopefully it is just a shadow or a chest infection. Enjoy your wine you deserve it. Amber enjoy Dublin. All the rest of you too let's hope 2014 is a good year for the Angels. Love Lynn x
Judyd

Thanks for the well wishes Amber Rozz and mel. Enjoy Dublin Amber, hope you have a lovely time. I don't know when the scan will be Rozz, it wasn't my normal oncologist today but he did say they would make a follow up appointment for two months time as I should have had the scan by then. Good luck for the 6th Mel, hopefully everything will be fine. I was worried as I thought I had another lump on my scar but it turned out it was just scar tissue. Hopefully this thing on my lung will be nothing, but if it turns out to be cancer, I'm not overly worried as he said it is very small, it's just a bit of a bug that I was expecting to go today and be signed off till I had my reconstruction.
I mentioned the hot flushes and still waking every hour, the oncologist said it could be the tamoxifen and it would take a few months to settle down but if the lack of sleep bothered me I could get sleeping tablets. I've had aching legs the last few days, again he said it would just take a while before all the side effects subsided. It's funny, you never read about all these side effects or get told about them at the start of treatment, mind you if they told you all the gore at the beginning of treatment you might be inclined not to go ahead with it.
Moan over, everyone have a good new year x
Mel_A

Judy - I'm so sorry you had some bad news. I can only imagine how you must be feeling right now. Hopefully it will turn out to be nothing serious. I'm sending hugs your way.
I've been feeling a little worried this last couple of days as my remaining boob has been feeling quite tender and bruised, though there is no visible sign of any bruising. I've got an appointment with the surgeon on 6th January for a follow up so will get it checked then.
That said I've had a lovely Christmas with my family and I'mso glad to hear that you all have too.
Best wishes for 2014 everyone. Xx
Rozz

Oh, Judy, what a downer.  You poor love, I hope you're not too fraught.  It might be nothing, of course, but you're bound to worry. Hopefully the wine will help over New Year. When's your next scan?  

Happy New Year everyone, lets all give 2013 a collective kick up the a*s* and look forward to a better 2014!!  Hope the hangovers aren't too bad!

Love & hugs,

Roz

Amber_D

Evening Angels,

Hope you are all well and enjoying the festivities as best we can.
Would agree with you Judy, can't wait to see the back of this year, hopefully things will work out for you.
Oh came home tonight and we're off to Dublin for New Year to try and put this year behind us and look forward to 2014.
Wishing you all a happy new year and thankyou for all your support and encouragement throughout the year, I certainly could not have got through this without you all.
Big hugs 🎉🍸🍷
Judyd

Had an appointment with the oncologist today, not good news, apparently there was a small white mark on my scan on my lungs. I had the scan done just before I started the radiotherapy, anyway he says it's really small but I have to have another scan to see if it's changed from the last scan. Not what I was expecting to hear at all. I will be glad to see the back of 2013, it's not really been a good year at all.
Anyway, I've got a bottle of wine in for tomorrow, I don't normally drink but on New Year's Eve I'm gonna drink the whole bottle. Hope you all have a lovely New Year's Eve, and a very happy new year
Katebil

Morning Angels,

Sorry I wasn't around on Christmas day, we were busy chatting to family about the presents that had been received as we changed our present giving process this year and it was great!

Yesterday we had lovely weather so went for a long walk in the sun but today we have wind and rain again, some of the roads are closed with fallen trees but so far our house has survived and we haven't lost power yet.....am I tempting fate there!

Its good to hear you all had a good christmas even if you had to bite your tongues a few times!

My OH is back at work today, but luckily from home, so I'm having a restful day tidying up a bit and doing some washing before I'm back at work on Monday.

Kate

x

Philomena_b

Great to see you all had a great Christmas, I had my daughter and family stay over last night so we could all be together this morning, and it was lovely have had a great day.
Sandy so glad you finished rads 🙂
I would also like to say this group has been a savior to me this past year and I can't wait to see you all in person xxx
Judyd

Merry Christmas angels, it's good to read that everyone has had a good day.
I had Christmas dinner with hubby's family, my mother in law is a fantastic cook so I am still stuffed from Christmas dinner.
The kids did a makeover on me this afternoon, I looked like one of the ugly sisters from the pantomime we went to. Then we took xmas photos, I look a right sight on them, I said in years to come I will forget that the kids did my makeup and think, god what possessed me to look like I did, but we all had a good laugh. Round two tomorrow when all the family are over.
Would just like to add that I too am so glad that I've had your support this last year, I couldn't have got through this without you all, love and best wishes to you all xxx
Amber_D

Hi Angels
Sorry I missed everyone this morning, went out with the dogs n lost track of time. Hope you all have had a lovely day and Santa was good to you. Had a nice quiet meal, now sitting with glass n hand waiting for Downton Abbey. Big hugs to everyone xxxxx🎅🎄🎁
CazP

Happy Christmas Angels. Sounds like everyone's having a good day. I got out on my bike this morning which is a traditional Christmas day activity for me, so nice to be able to it, and in some sunshine.

Enjoy the rest of your day. Judy - sounds like a post lunch nap is just what you will need - get out of the washing up!!

Like others have said, a big thank you for the invaluable support provided through this group and I look forward to our meet up

Carol xxx

lori28

Merry Christmas to all you lovely ladies!
Hope you all have a very happy peaceful Christmas, enjoy yourselves!
Huge thanks to each and everyone of you for being there with advice and words of encouragement.
Can't wait to meet you all 2014!
Lots of love from Lorraine xx
Mel_A

Merry Christmas everyone.
I'm all set now for a lovely day with the family. The morning has already been so nice and chilled.
Thank you all for being so supportive this year - it's meant a lot and I really can't wait to see you guys in the new year.
Have a fantastic day everyone. Love to all xxx
Rozz

Hi Angels,
OH just reminded me! Time slipping away as usual. My best pressie was a decent nights sleep! Off to walk the dog soon, he can't come with us to SIL due to resident cat.
Have a lovely Christmas, all of you!
Rozz
PrimroseHill

Hey Angels 

I'm a little late but hey ho ho ho. Parents been. Table dressed. All about there and chilling with a larger and lime and loving it.

Greetings to Norfolk Philomena love to you and family.

Can't wait for all us angesl to meet in 2014. Love & HUgs. Sandy.  xxxxxx

angiepops

happy christmas day angels

hope you all have a lovely day,

i stayed in bed til 9.30 (soz judy) i feel great and i'm looking forward to eating all the goodies.

lovely angels, thankyou for this year.

angie

xxxxxxxx

maisiecake

Happy Christmas Angels!

hope you all have a great day, families behave, no hot flushes and no tears. Love you all Mel xxx

LNMcG

Merry Christmas Angels I made it just a wee bit early, Turkey in the oven Santa Clause the movie on TV. Just to get myself beautiful, might be a while.

I would just like to Thank you all just for being there, don't know that I could have done it without you .  Even when I did not post I read all of yours.

Hope you all have a happy restful day.  Love to all if you. Lynn x 

PrimroseHill

Just looked at the time you posted Judy. Sending you matchstick wishes for today. You really were up at an unearthly hour. Hope you have a better night tonight......take it easy. x

PrimroseHill

Morning Angels

Have a great day. I'm just posting this just in case all goes pair shape for 11am and I'm not going to burst into thankful tears posting you later and mess up the makeup Ive just put on. I really do love you all and I just want to thank you all for being there through all the rough days. Seriously, I couldn't have done it with out you. Arrrgghhhh. (Makeup now sliding onto my lap goda go).

Much love and prayers for you all.  Sandy. xxxxxxx

Judyd

Happy Christmas everyone, hope you all have a lovely day with lots of nice presents and good food. Not sure if I will be able to to get on at 11 as I have to go down and see my mum and dad and then it's off to my inlaws for Xmas dinner, but I will be reading all your posts.
I'm up at stupid o'clock here again, hubby was up first as he said he can't sleep with the noise I'm making snoring and moving around in bed. I'm amazed as I don't feel like I've slept a wink yet. Anyhow he's gone back to bed and I'm up now.
Sandy I forgot to congratulate you on finishing treatment, I'm pleased for you that you've finished in time for Xmas.
All you ladies that had returned to work, hope you have a nice break for Xmas.
Have a lovely day ladies xxx❄️
Mel_A

Hi Angels. I have family dropping in tomorrow so I'm not sure whether I'll get on at 11 or not. I will however log on throughout the day. I hope you all have a lovely Christmas and a very happy and healthy 2014.
Xxx
diggywiggy

Wishing all us awesome angels a very happy Christmas and a new year full of HEALTH, wealth and happiness!!!

Love from Diggy Wiggy. X

CazP

Happy Christmas to all the Angels

I will be on the forum tomorrow, but hoping for a bike ride sometime in the morning. Hope you all have a lovely day xx

angiepops

HAPPY CHRISTMAS ANGELS,

hope you've been good!

santa knows!!

xxx

LNMcG

Merry Christmas Angels will try to get on tomorrow around 11 don't know if I will make it though I have everyone here from this afternoon so might be tied up, I hope not literally.  

I can't seem to access the forum on my I phone which I normally use, it keeps taking me back to 18 December thought I was going nuts.

Like the rest of you if it is not done now it is not getting done.  I am going to enjoy the rest of today as this is the first year in years I have been off on Christmas Eve a wee bit of "It's a wonderfully life " for me I think, on DVD,  My favourite.

What happens when a bell rings?  

I wish you all have some good cheer, and hope you all have some happy times this year.  Merry Christmas love Lynn  x x x

Amber_D

Hi Girls,

Not posted for a while but try to read your daily posts. Work on the house comming to a standstill tomorrow but inside almost finished, the painter is here as I type. Wood burner installed and working so nice and cosy.
Congrats on finishing rads Sandy!
Angie, what a time you've had they sound like a total nightmare
Judy, sorry you're having problems too, Xmas is a funny old time of year.
Around 11 is good for me too. The weathers getting worse, keep cosy Angels and hope you all have a happy Xmas 🎅🎄🎁 big hugs to everyone xxx
PrimroseHill

Morning Angels,

Around eleven is good for me too Mel. Maybe garbled though as I'm cooking the dinner and I have decided that I will partake in a little yuletide drinky poo (whilst not burning the potatoes this year) being as im treatment free for now. yipee.

Baton down the hatches first though angels, I hear were in for yet another weather beating.  

Rozz - It's good to hear your coping with work and the Lymphodema problems too. I know all of us angels with no nodes are going to be suseptable to it but it's like everything that has been thrown at us so far we have managed to help each other through the worst and although I haven't experienced that particular side effect yet I do know it's not going to be a walk in the park. So well done. xxx 

Take it easy all, Sandy. xxxx

maisiecake

just written post and lost it because I got logged out. Don't have energy to do it again.

Sandy- congrats on finishing rads, another thing crossed off the list.

how about 11ish on xmas morning? we're going out to friends for dinner after.

love to you all xxxxx

Mel_A

Really enjoyed seeing 'Richard'(bleep) Whittington today.
:-)We were in stitches all the way through it. We went with friends and all went for a meal first. It was a lovely day.
Sandy - yay! Rads done at last! I'm so pleased for you. How long are you on herceptin for now?
I'm glad work is going ok for you too Roz. Tamoxifen is awful for interfering with sleep isn't it? I hope your arm is starting to get better with the sleeve.
Angie I'm glad you're feeling a bit better at the mo. Have a lovely break. Xx
Rozz

Hello Christmas Angels! 

I’ve been reading all your posts and have been meaning to post all week, just being too tired in the evenings to type straight.  Work is fine, and I’m getting back in the swing of it and Christmas is just about sorted.  Lack of sleep (bleep tamoxifen!) is still a problem though, hence the dozing off in the evenings. 

Got my lymphedema sleeves and a glove I wear at night.  I can’t say I like wearing them, but I’m already getting used to them and can cope. It’s too early to say if they’re going to work though.

Angie & Judy, I hope you can get through your family problems and carve out a bit of Christmas cheer for yourselves.  Threaten to go on Jeremy Kyle! Otherwise, I’ve heard good reports on Relate.  As Mel wrote, those close to us have had a tough time too and maybe they need to find a way to come to terms with how they feel too. Otherwise, maybe Judy’s idea of a swap would work – I find people behave much worse with family members than with relative strangers.

I have the chest dent too; ever since surgery.  I hate it!  I’m very self-conscious in that I hate the idea of anyone looking down where there should be cleavage and seeing a gap instead. It’s the main reason I want a reconstruction asap.

Mel – my “baby” is doing Economics.  I’m full of respect for people who can do physics!  I was sorry to read you are struggling.  Bereavement on its own can cause depression, so given what you’ve been through its understandable.  You do seem to be helping yourself though, exercise seems to be the most important thing we can do to help ourselves so try to keep it up.  I’d take Jo up on the offer of a BCC counsellor too; talking therapies often help.  My Xmas tree stood undecorated in the window for several days too! Its now festooned, although the boxes still need moving…..

Mel – well done for sticking to your guns and making changes.  I know I need to change things too – getting back to work, followed by Christmas took a lot of my energy recently, but I haven’t given up…..

Kate – sorry to hear your eyesight has suffered, but if it was the chemo it may get better again. I’m going to get an eye test soon, I need to replace the glasses (one pair of each) that the dog chewed!  They still seem ok, but don’t look very smart!  

Judy, when do you get your eye checked? These complications seem never-ending. Try not to worry too much, love.  Try a hairdryer to tame your hair - I had to use at least twice a day to stop mine sticking up all over the place.  I finally have a hairstyle that looks normal! – I call it my Christmas Pixie cut; I find I quite like it short too.

Philomena – good to hear you had a fine time in Ireland., should do you the world of good. I had a couple of days in Winterton last week, left OH there as I had to get back to work. Heating had broken down so he didn’t have a great time!  Its fixed now, and we think we’ll go again after Christmas, I’ll pm you when we decide. 

Caz, you (and Judy) are so lucky to be artistic. I hope focussing on something creative is calming for you.  If you feel too tired to work, you need to tell them, I’m sure they’ll understand. A quiet Christmas sounds good, peace & quiet is very underrated, I find.

Sandy – congrats on finishing rads – and good to hear your children are appreciating you at last!

Loved the bleep Whittington!  They say whatever doesn’t kill you makes you stronger, maybe not straight away though! 

I’m up for a conflab on Christmas day – will be off to SIL’s around 1pm though so morning best for me.

Love & hugs,

Roz

PrimroseHill

Afternoon Angels,

Ive finally had time to catch up on your posts and reply. I finished radiotherapy yesterday. Most of it has gone without incident even though the driving to and from has taken most of my day away. I even battled through the day of high winds and then got back to sit with my mum and dad who live very close to the sea in Skegness and who were worried about the sea coming over. My skin is chargrilled but has held up well. I just have a circle of skin breaking down right under my arm but I can't feel it as it's numb te he....every cloud eh? I have been told it should start to get better after about 7-10 days. 

Philomena - Thanks for texting. It was lovely to hear from you. I hadn't even had the time to even turn the computer on before leaving every day and getting all my other jobs done. Were looking at the middle of May to return to lovely Wells. Fancy a night on the Albatros? LOL. xxx

I'm pleased that most angels are having a break over Christmas and not working. Chance to have a wind down and regroup.

Mel - It's a good idea for us all to have a online party count me in. What time should we all try to congregate? Mel I hope that we all feel better soon especially for the new year. I too am finding the good days ok and the bad days just horrible. I have a friend of mine who has just reached the 5yr anniversary mammogram and is all clear. She has told me that time will fly and slowly the bad days will get fewer and fewer and it's the first yearly check after treatment that is the most important mentally. Once were over that we should start to relax a little more. 

Judy - I know my eyes are worse and I will go for that eye test after Christmas when I have time. It's good that they have made an appointment for you to get it checked at the hospital although I'm sure it will just routine. Get that dress on and feel good. My kids asked me what I wanted for xmas (they both work weekends and I usually say "oh don't worry sweeties"). This year I dragged them into Top Shop and showed them a top i really loved and guess what? The've got me some jeans to go with it!!!!!  How many xmases have I missed out?

Mel A - Now you can take it easy and recharge. Enjoy that Panto. And you too Judy.

Good to hear from you Angie, Kate, Lynn, and Caz, and anyone else ive missed. Have a great weekend Awesome April Angels. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

angiepops

hello ladies

judy - thanks for that, it looks good, i looked on the website and the you tube video.

mel A - ive got a bit of a dent where my boob used to be, i think its sort of gently hollow, but it does affect my shape considerably and i dont like to not have something there, so i only go braless to bed, i just cant get used to the odd shape. i like how your panto got bleeped! you should have called it richard whittington!! lol.

Maisiecake mel - i think it would be nice if we all drop a 'christmas day' message in, what a lovely idea, what do you all think?  Are you feeling a bit better now, i seem to be a wee bit more chilled.

Philomena - ive got aches and pains too, think its the tamoxifen though. i'm tufty too.

Caz P - a quiet christmas sounds nice, will you be getting phone calls and stuff from everyone?

so i'm feeling a bit better, not quite so manic, but i am making a  conscious effort, its not coming naturally.

all quiet on the western front. really tired, stayed in bed til half 10 today and i never ever do that. two more days to break up for christmas yayyyyyyyyy

thankyou all of you for your support this last couple of weeks, its been really stressful, your comments helped me a lot.

angie xx

Mel_A

Mel - what a great idea!
Carol - you're doing great returning to work for 3 days. If you aren't ready for full time yet see if you can ease back a bit. I'm glad you will be seeing family and friends over the Christmas period, though I wouldn't worry about spending time with your friends families on Christmas day. I'm sure they wouldn't invite you if they didn't want you there. Have anice restful time.
Judy we're off to see **bleep** Whittington today with Pudsey the dancing dog. I'm looking forward to it. We're going to have a meal first, then look around the Christmas markets before going to the theatre. 🙂 Did you enjoy Cinderella?
Angie - I hope things are settling down for you a bit at home. You deserve a nice Christmas. Xx
On the boob ( or non-boob) front I was a bit fed up yesterday because as I've started to lose a bit of weight the top part of my chest seems to be dipping in a bit, which makes it more apparent that my boob isn't there -just as I'd got used to wearing my old clothes again. I guess my necklines will have to creep higher still 😞 Has anyone else noticed this and is it a problem when you've had a reconstruction?
Have a nice weekend everyone.
Mel xx

maisiecake

yeh let's hear it for the tufty club! I wondered if this would mean it's going to be curly? was dead straight before.

Caz-you're doing so well to work 3 days a week and paint for your exhibition. You deserve a rest over xmas!

We should have an angels xmas party online if anyone has time on xmas day. We are angels after all!

sandy- are you out there?

love Mel xxx

Philomena_b

Also meant to say Judy, that stick on boob sounds really good!
Philomena_b

Afternoon Angels,
As I have said many a time, I really admire all of you that have gone back to work, you've done so well. I am still awaiting the result of what is happening with me. Capita are currently running over 2 months over there contracted time, so am feeling rather miffed at them 😞
I few thoughts here regarding the aches and pains! I have had to go onto Gabepentin for my chemo damaged arm, consequently I have had to stop Lanzoprazole, strangely the aches and pains I had a lot of have disappeared! not from the new painkiller as I stopped taking the Lanzoprazole 2 weeks before starting the gabepentin!!! So just wondering if all of you suffering from these aches and pains are still taking it?
As far as the tufty look count me in as well, I have to use a hair putty to keep it tamed and it is coming back curly and really thick.
Wishing you all a peaceful weekend, do go into town it's awful xxx
CazP

Hello Angels,

So lovely to read so many posts - I know that many of us have significant ups and downs at the moment but its still great to know we are all still there for one another, and that usually we are not the only one going through particular experiences or emotions.

I am having a quiet christmas on my own this year - though I have had one or two invites from friends I don't feel very in the mood to be in on someone elses family celebrations. I will see my family on boxing day and going to Yorkshire with friends for 4 days up to new year.

I have got a real tree and though I deliberated about it and it sat there a couple of days before I decorated it too, it does look nice and I sat writing cards tonight (also rather last minute) with the tree lights on and christmas songs 🙂

I am currently doing 3 days at work and am getting very tired trying to do normal things on top of this. I am supposed to be full time from 2nd Jan but a bit worried about whether I am actually going to cope with that.

Funnily enough I am 'tufty' too - or at least I was till I got my hair trimmed. It does seem to be a little bit curlier than it was before now that it is a bit longer. I am naturally a bit wavy but maybe at normal length the weight of my hair made it less so. I have booked to have a semi-permanent colour in mid Jan - yay!

Time for bed. Work tomorrow and then Mon and Tues also. Whatever I haven't bought now isn't getting bought as I am definitely not going food or last minute shopping on the weekend - would definitely be setting myself up for a meltdown. Besides, still painting for my exhibition in January at every opportunity.

Good night lovely angels, hope you sleep well, Carol x

Judyd

Angie, here's a video of it on YouTube
http://youtu.be/2VaC4-YXs_U
Judyd

Mel I was expecting to just get the silicone prosthesis but I'm really pleased the bc nurse let me have the stick on one instead.
Angie here's a link to the one I got
http://www.amoena.co.uk/Products/Breast-Forms
It's the one at the bottom it just sticks onto the breast wall and it doesn't move till you pull it off. There's no glue or anything, it just sticks on but I do have to scrub it on a night with some cleaning fluid and a brush then leave it to dry and put it back on in the morning and it just sticks. It really has given me my confidence back cos it's not going anywhere. The softie was forever riding up so I was constantly uneven. Plus you don't need to buy expensive mastectomy bras, any good fitting bra will do. The bc nurse said to try it and if I didn't like it or had any problems with it, I could get the normal non sticky type that fits in a pocket in your bra. So far I've had no problem with it. On the first day I kept showing everyone and asking them to poke and prod it cos I was so pleased with it.
I hope you can get one angie it certainly makes things a lot easier.
Mel what panto are you going to see, were off to see Cinderella.
Mel it's good to know that I'm not the only one with tufty hair, the bad news is, my dad still has tufty hair and he had chemo about 8 year ago now. Guess the only solution is to grow it longer and hope that sorts it.
Mel_A

Lucky you Judy. I was told I had to wait 6 months after rads before I could have a stick on prosthesis 😞 Having said that I'm happier with my normal prosthesis since I got some bras that fit properly.
Nearly at the end of my first full week at work. I'm absolutely shattered and had to leave early today. Hopefully it will be an easier day tomorrow as we break up for Christmas. I'm really looking forward to Christmas this year. I'm going to a panto on Saturday, which I'm looking forward to.
Philomena I'm glad you had a good break.
Judy I hope the eye thing turns out to be nothing. It's quite worrying that both you and Kate have noticed some deterioration since chemo.
I hope you're all winding down on the work front now. Have a nice weekend ladies xx
maisiecake

Hi angels

Philomena- glad you had such a lovely time.

Judy- my hair is growing in all different directions too. My family have renamed me tufty! hope it settles down as it gets longer.

my sister came to see me today. She brought her 2 dogs and we took them for a long walk and then decorated the tree, which has sat there undecorated all week. It was so good to see her. She got me through another day. OH is off tomorrow. I'm trying not to be alone! I have read the feelings after treatment section in the moving forward folder and am feeling better that the way I feel now is not unusual. I haven't cried yet today so that's good.

love to you all xxx

angiepops

judy

do tell about the stick on boob. ive still got a softie and i'll be going to the hospital soon to get a proper falsie. how did you get yours. what does it stick to? is it velcro? lol

angie xx

Judyd

Hello angels,
Philomena it sounds like you've had a lovely time in Ireland, glad you have recharged your batteries ready for Christmas.
Kate I had my eyes tested two weeks ago, my sight has gone down hill slightly since my last test, more worrying is that they have found something at the back of my eye and I have lost some sight so they are sending me to the hospital to check for macular degeneration. They said it might be something left over from chemo but they need to check it.
I have been doing fine, energy wise but today I went shopping on my own in town and have come back with major aches and pains in my legs, just like being back on chemo.... Is there no end to this!
I'm still not sleeping, awake every hour now..... Ah well the dark circles add to the ravaged look but I no longer look like uncle fester as I have a bit of hair.
The hair though, has anyone else noticed that there hair is now growing in all different directions! What's that about!
I had a card today from a lady that I did chemo with, it was such a surprise and lovely to hear from her.
Angie, do you want to do a family swap? You can have my dad and I will have your step son 😃
I'm off to the pantomime tomorrow, I'm looking forward to it, It doesn't feel like Christmas till I've been to the pantomime.

I've just bought a new dress for Christmas, it's quite fitted at the top but I feel quite happy to wear it now my false boob is stuck on.

Take care ladies, be kind to yourselves xxx
Philomena_b

Hello my truly Awesome Angels,
Well I have returned from my soirée to Ireland, which has totally recharged my batteries. Being with some of my sisters and nieces and nephews was just great.
Have been catching up on all the posts and really sorry to here of your problems with your step son Angie and being stuck in the middle Judy.dont worry Mel the antidepressant will soon kick in and you will start to feel better.
We have all been through so much this year, I think we must all be different from this time last year, I know I certainly have.whilst I'd have preferred not to have experienced breast cancer, I have completely changed my way of thinking and my priorities have changed. My family have also changed because of it, and have seen the best in so many people, but also the crass way I have been treated by my managers at work.
Bring on 2014, and please be a little bit kinder to us all.
Roz will you be up in winter ton over the Xmas period?
Onwards and upwards Angels xxx
maisiecake

Hi all

Angie-sorry you're on a downward spiral too. I think we're bound to change going through what we've been through. I don't think there's a way back- just a new normal to find.

Kim- sorry you're feeling emotional too- when is your 1 year check up?

lynn- haven't found any exercise or talking groups locally yet, but I'm taking up any help that's offered. I'm having counselling at the hospital and I'm going to do the peer support through bcc. I would like to do some exercise in a support group, I just walk on my own at the moment. Can't find anywhere  offering massage or stuff like that in the area either- other than just private places. I'm lucky to have great support from family and friends though.

Still feeling terrible and just trying not to be on my own too much. I've explained to the kids and they're being great. Eldest is doing all the cooking. At least everyone will be around at xmas. my xmas tree has now stood in the front window for 4 days with no decorations on it. the neighbours will be talking!!

love to you all xxxx

Katebil

Oh good grief, I responded to Angie's post and then my page refreshed and I got all the others showing that everyone isn't alright and looking forward to Christmas!

Mel - I hope you can get some help locally, you have been through a lot so take any help they will offer. I feel more emotional now 4 months post chemo than I have all the way through the year! I think its just everything coming to the surface and me starting to worry about my 1 year check up.

Judy - hope your christmas isn't too tense and you manage to keep the peace for the time you need to.

For us this christmas is going to be hard as my OH has no family left now so I think he will feel it this time of year. We are off to my family for the weekend this weekend which will be fun but tiring so I'm looking forward to a rest on Monday or Tuesday when I've done the last few bits of food shopping.

Thinking of you all

Kate

x