Re: Anyone due to start chemotherapy in September 2015

Can't speak or write for laughing!!!!
xx
Daisy63

IMG_0514.JPGSEE WHAT I MEAN PMSL X

Daisy63

Hi Happy do you think it will stop growing or are we going to look like a yeti from now on. 🐒

How you doing by the way x X X X 

sue x

Happyboobs2

Hi Daisy 63!

I am pleased to see your post , I have been wondering how you are. Your jokey posts used to give me and loads of others a good laugh.😀

I will give you a laugh.

I went out last night to a my usual dance club,

...several ladies told me I looked well and asked if I've been out in the sun as my face was glowing.

i couldn't possibly tell them that I had waxed my face that day and it was rather sore!

So therein lies my answer to your post, yes I have developed a hairy face methinks down to the steroids last year and/ or Letrozole so I have been waxing it....ouch😯

All the best

xx

Daisy63

Morning ladies, I am a Feb 2016 starter. Have finished chemo and I am on herceptin plus I start radio therapy this Wednesday. My problem is I have got a hairy face lol much more hair and I am going to look like a werewolf. It's fine soft hair. But looks horrible. Can anyone help me out here.

thank you. 

Hope we your all doing fine.

sue x 💐

Lizzy_BCC

Hi all, 

Thank you for your requests to move this thread.  Unfortunately I am unable to move the thread because of it's length - filled with all your lovely support 🙂 

However, I thought I would start a new thread in the recovering from treatment area called 'September 2015 Chemotherapy - Moving Forward' where you can continue the conversation. 

The thread name is only temporary so just let me know if you have a preferred title.

I hope this helps, but just let me know if you need anything.

All the best, 

Lizzy 

PeggyCat
Community Champion

Hi Suzy, hi Bibi,

Apologies for being absent for a while. Real life is returning with a vengence. Some days it feels like the last 14 months never happened. Well except for the fact that I've now got a lovely dose of ringworm which is probably chemo induced plus, somewhat ironically, I am having some kind of allergic reaction to either the nickel or the rubber of my Fitbit so skin eruptions all over the place. Not a glamorous look.

I would love to join you on the 19th but at the moment things are a bit unsure. I think I've mentioned before that my mum was diagnosed with Alzheimer's a couple of months before I got my diagnosis last year (2015 not my favourite year as you can imagine). At the moment I'm in the middle of sorting out a lot of things with social services and am having to travel from London to Liverpool quite a lot. I'm waiting for a couple of appointments in October that are likely to fall sometime that week. I'm also having to juggle this, along with hospital appointments, with actually showing up at work. Thankfully my employer has been very understanding. You are welcome to PM me via the mail system here and let me know your plans. If I am in London on that date and even if I am at work then maybe I could pop out for a couple of hours to say hello. I don't want any possible restrictions on my time to interfere with your plans though.

In other news, I had my first annual mammogram last Wednesday. Was told that someone would call me within a few days if anything looked suspicious but no news yet. I did come home yesterday to find a letter inviting me for my next appointment - in September 2017! I hope this is an indication that all is well although given that my original tumours didn't show up on any mammograms originally I'm not sure how much faith I have in it all anyway.

Anyway, sun is shining here today and I am determined to enjoy it. Once I've put some anti-fungal cream on the ringworm at any rate!

Happy Saturday to all.

Ruth xx 

Bibi44

Completely agree. I used to find it so disturbing that there is this giant conveyor belt of women having to go through what we did (still do, but not so acutely) & no one really doing a lot to prevent it. It makes me quite angry that the government doesn't force the water companies to update their filtration processes to keep up with modern times & just leaves all that oestrogen from the pill/HRT swimming around for people to unknowingly drink. Don't get me started on plastic packaging, hormones in the food chain & pesticides!! I feel like I want to write a letter to Theresa May as a fellow woman saying COME ON DO SOMETHING. Why does money always have to come before people's wellbeing? Rant over...I guess we could e-mail Lizzy. I think we should ascertain if Peggycat, Chelle & TC are coming, agree somewhere easy to get to, but do final meeting place by PM in case of weirdos. Peggy, Chelle, TC are you free on the 19th say late morning?xx

SuzyEB

I think that's a good idea. I'm not sure how to get that done. It would be easy enough to send a message to everyone. I know I've seen that admin put a note on the thread saying it has been moved.
I know it's a year on since this thread started but I don't find it so hard when I see all the new ladies joining. When it was Jan 2016 thread I would get very upset. It's strange how not being in the middle of treatment allows you better perspective on the never ending cases of breast cancer.
Hope you are well. Not long until we meet up. Any thoughts on where to go? Xx
blueash
Community Champion

Thanks for redirecting Angiestar - she has found us xxx

Bibi44

Suzy do you think we should move this thread to recovering from treatment as people seem to be confusing it with Sept 16. If we do that will TC, Peggy & Chelle be able to find it? xx
Angie sorry to hear about your horrible experience. Hope you're appt goes well. We are just a few ladies from last year, still chatting because we're still having Herceptin. I think you will get better support on Sept 2016. All the best. xx
Angie51star

Hi all I had my first treatment on the 8th September.

I had joint pain and felt rough on the 3rd and 4 th day but recovered. 

On day 9 my temperature went up I was admitted to hospital with neutrophils and infection. They were unable to find source of infection.

6 days later IV antibiotics and all sorted .

Seeing oncologist today not looking forward to next treatment.

SuzyEB

Hi Terrifc1, I think you need to join the Sept 2016 thread. I am sorry that you are having to join at all. This is a hateful disease. You will find the support of the women on here is amazing. It's the safe place to rant and let off steam. I'm glad you were brave enough to eventually go for your results. I had convinced myself that my cancer had spread and burst into tears when the onc gave me the all clear. Chemo is tough, some days it can be hard to even get out of bed. You can get through it. I wish you all the best for your treatment. The end of treatment does come but very slowly. Xxx
Terriefc1

Hi, yes I am about to start chemo tomorrow and I too thought about not having it. I also am single, no partner to share the load, I too have daughter but she lives 17 miles away and has a 7 year old son so a busy life and if anything she will miss me helping her out so I can't really burden her too much. I also have a business to run as a sole trader so not sure how I am going to cope. But I guess we have to do it because if there are any cells that have escaped the original site and they don't get them you will kicking yourself for not doing it, of course there's no guarantee there is other cancer cells floating round your body but let's not take the chance hey. Believe me I have been the most awkward patient ever, didn't go back for ct,Mri and bone scan results because I went on holiday and couldn't face it but finally braved up to it and had good news. So let's keep in contact and see how we go. Best wishes Terrie

@DE33i3 wrote:

Hi I am Debbie nd am due to start chemo 23/9 I am thinking of not having it as I am terrified I will get an infection and that will kill me I am on my own so dont have a partner to chat with about my fears I have a daughter but she is struggling with this and I dont want to burden her any help anyone can offer me would be good please.x

Bibi44

Oh I thought we were on exactly the same schedule, so would both be finished the same time.  Did you miss one along the way somewhere or have a got my facts wrong?  Thanks for the idea.  Have started some art classes, but not sure the nurses would want to see my produce on the wall!  We had a really hard class today where you couldn't draw any lines, only lightness, darkness & mid tones....aimed at getting us to look differently at things. Mine looks like someone getting dressed in the dark! xx

SuzyEB

I've still got 2. I finish on 31/10.  

We had a woman give us a picture that she had painted. It's hung up in the nurses area were lots of patiens see it. Have they got a coffee machine? Could you get them a selection of coffees?

Really looking forward to the meetup. 

Have you settled back after your holiday? My friend's wife has just finished her 1st cycle and has started losing her hair this week.  brought it all back from last year. Looking forward to no more 3weekly injections or even the monthly meetup with the surgeon. Got a lovely seroma still but getting excited that it will all soon be finished from these manic days. xx

Bibi44

Only one more to go Suzy! Want to buy the lovely nurses on my chemo unit a prezzie to say thanks, but they have a cupboard full of sweets (literally I saw it at Christmas), you can't take flowers in & about half of them don't drink. Smellies I guess. Has any grateful patient given your dept anything amazing that you can inspire me with? xx
Bibi44

Debbie you must still be in shock & be going out of your mind with worry.  It might be a good idea to speak to the nurses on the hotline if your BCN isn't very good  They are really lovely & super helpful.  Ultimately it is your decision of course, but if I tell you I only had one minor infection in my toenail 3 weeks after chemo finished, does that help?  It is not inevitable that you get it, but do carry a small antibacterial gel in your handbag & use it a lot, especially in the cold season.  I would have felt capable of caring for children throughout my chemo, bar the odd hour here & there.  None of us want chemo, it's horrible, but you can get through it & of course the objective is to get rid of any stray cells, which you will want to do to make sure you see your daughter grow up.  Good luck xxx

DE33i3

ty love

LouPrince

HI Debbie,

Just saw your post and you need to join the September thread 2016 not 2015 .Sorry you've had to join this club but you will get lots of support on your journey! Good Luckx

DE33i3

Hi I am Debbie nd am due to start chemo 23/9 I am thinking of not having it as I am terrified I will get an infection and that will kill me I am on my own so dont have a partner to chat with about my fears I have a daughter but she is struggling with this and I dont want to burden her any help anyone can offer me would be good please.x

SuzyEB

TC sorry to hear that you needed u/s on new lump. I hope it was good news.
It sounds as if we are all suffering from varying levels of fatigue. Not surprising due to continuous treatment and stress. I am still having problems with my seroma and still having regular appts with surgeon. Now have open access appts to clinic and to radiology for u/s drainage. Have you started back to work?
Meeting for lunch sounds good. I've not been in London since I had my cancer. Any suggestions as to where to eat? I eat anything and any spice levels as well. Xx
Bibi44

Hi all So are we going for late morning/early lunch on Weds Oct 19th? Does that work for everyone? In London? x

Bibi44

TC sorry you have been feeling rubbish & have the anxiety of yet another scan. Hopefully nothing to worry about as they say. Good to hear from you xx
turnercat

Hi folks long time sorry but the fatigue is a killer for me and sometimes even trying to catch up with correspondence is shattering. Had a really bad time with the rads and have to undergo an ultrasound on Friday on a lump that has appeared on my scar tissue. They don't think it's anything sinister. Love to you all xxxx
Scaredchelle

Yes I'm free the following Wednesday.
It kind of depends on where we meet but I'm up for anything! I'm sort of stuck with school hours a little but I may be able to sort something out 😊
SuzyEB

I can change to any Weds. The following week works for me. I can fully sympathise with tiredness. It does feel worse for a few days after the Herceptin injection. I want to stop being a patient now but got a few weeks to go.
Bibi how did the holiday go? Are you feeling refreshed?
I start counselling again on Friday. Has really helped a lot. A few ladies I know are now going. I didn't realise it would be so hard after treatment. Thought it would all be back to normal really quickly.
Me and my seroma are looking forward to the big meet up. Xx
Bibi44

Hi Chelle nice to hear from you. I think we're all trundling along, a bit up & down here & there.  I don't mind changing the date if Peggycat & Chelle could make another day.  I think Suzy's only off on Wednesdays, so if the following one works better we could do that. xx

Scaredchelle

Ah yes just read back messages. Sadly the 12th oct is one of only 2 days I am working this term so wouldn't make it 😕
Scaredchelle

Well hello ladies

sorry for the silence. I suppose I was attempting to find some kind of 'normal'

Thinks are ok ish with me. Treatment ended and whilst a huge sigh of relief, it seems that treatment is relentless and it didn't end there 😕

So I am now on tamoxifen and have signed up for the add aspirin trial. I am currently also having the zoladex injections to suppress my ovaries. I am going to have them out but just needed a break for a while before another operation. I am back to see the onc in 2 wks so will tell her we can go ahead then. Not looking forward to something so invasive but I suppose needs must as I am er+. 

My biggest issue is with the fatigue. I am a bit lost.  I have had a cold for a couple of weeks and just can't shift it. I am absolutely shattered today after a 3 hour drive back from my mums. I hate how this has left me feeling. 

Im going to phone OC on Monday to discuss access to a fatigue management course. 

I alo have mega hot flushes 😞  My ohysio is now giving me a course of acupuncture to try to minimise the side effects. 

So in a nutshell I'm just keeping on keeping on!!!!

hope you are all well. What has everyone been up to?

i would be up for a meet up depending on the day. Has that been decided yet?

much love to you all xxx

SuzyEB

Thank you. I'm actually trendy for the first time in my life. Good to hear from you again. xx

PeggyCat
Community Champion

Suzy, I love your new profile picture. Your hair looks great. xx

SuzyEB

Good to hear from you again Chelle. Hope all is going well. I'm sure you've read we have a meet up date set for October. It would be amazing if you were able to come. xx

Scaredchelle

Hello lovely ladies. It has been some months since I have been on here. Just catching up now and will update you all tomorrow (as it is getting. Really late).
Just wanted to say 'hi'.
Xxx
PeggyCat
Community Champion

Hi all,

I am very honoured to be invited to your gathering as I was really an October 2015 person but who dipped into your month a lot. 

I have a meeting at work planned on October 12th but I'll see if I can change it - these things have a habit of being cancelled or postponed anyway. I'll keep you posted. I would be delighted to meet you all.

Hope everyone okay. 

Enjoy your holiday Bibi.

Ruth xx

Bibi44

In the diary.  We can sort out details depending who's coming. I know Peggycat still reads the community champs area because she posts there.  Why don't you pop in & ask her? Oops re your speeding. Easily done. Speak in a couple of weeks AFTER MY HOLIDAY!!!😎☀️🏝😎xx

SuzyEB

I have Weds off each week, so let's say that Weds 12th October. I have that whole week off but was a naughty girl and got caught speeding and have to do a speed awareness course on the Tuesday.  Me and my seroma are looking forward to this. Have to celebrate the end of this. It would be great if Ange, TC and even Chelle or Peggycat could come as well. xxSmiley Very Happy

Bibi44

Which day do you have off each week? If we said whatever that day is w/c 10th Oct is the meet up, then if anyone like Ange or TC happens to look at the forum they could join us? We can always do details via PM in case of weirdos😉xx

SuzyEB

I really enjoyed the coming back to only 4 days a week. Feels like the holiday is continuing slowly. Only 3 Herceptin to go. It's taken me all this time to realise that I need to eat solid food the morning of my injection otherwise it makes me very queasy. I'm also noticing that the tiredness has not improved. My body has accepted early nights as normal.

I think a meet up after 'The End@ is definitely called for. I may even indulge in an alcoholic beverage as well. Not thinking about the increased risk of breast cancer. It's already higher so no point in worrying about it. 

Hope your holiday is going well. xx

Bibi44

Thanks Suzy.  Hope work's easier now you've had a good holiday to de-stress the system. Maybe meet after our last Herceptin to celebrate The End? Mine's the Monday after your last Friday.  I feel normal most of the time now, although still frequently knackered by 10pm, I think that could be the difference in hormones pre & post chemo, or the Herceptin, or the tamoxifen ha ha 😉Xxxx

SuzyEB

Had an amazing holiday. Felt normal for the whole fortnight. It's amazing to not feel like a patient. Have a great holiday. Nearly there as you say. Herceptin almost finished. Seroma is pain free but growing. May need another drainage. Will organise meet up when you get back. Have a great holiday. Xx
Bibi44

Hi Suzy How was your holiday? We have our first one in a few weeks & I am looking forward to it, but also feeling slightly apprehensive.  Did you manage to relax & chill out properly? Hope your seroma behaved itself.  Only 3 more Herceptins .... We're nearly there!! xx

SuzyEB

Greetings to all from the beautiful sunny island of Guernsey. Me and my seroma are enjoying my long delayed summer holiday. Didn't expect to feel so anxious but now relaxing. Xxx
Bibi44

Sorry I'm away on a day trip on the 27th with some friends.  Just back from the hospital where I was reassured that Herceptin doesn't cause peripheral neuropathy & tamoxifen doesn't cause hair loss.....errrr I beg to differ.  She was of the opinion that it was something I am doing to myself & wants a list of supplements I'm on.  You couldn't make it up!xx

SuzyEB

It went well. They drained about 250 mls of very bloody fluid. Had to have it done under u/s. He is discussing with MDT about way forward. In the meantime the plan is that if it recurs then rather than having to go to clinic, I'll be sent straight to radiology for u/s drainage. I'm quite impressed as I have a flat mastectomy scar for the first time. Unfortunately the partial prothesis no longer fits. I will wait to see if seroma returns. If still flat after my holiday then I'll make appt to be refitted.
My hot flushes have settled down again. Famous last words. I have always had problems with temperature changes. I have Raynauds which affects my fingers and toes so wearing a hat in summer and sometimes gloves has been normal. I have to say that since chemo that has been much better and I've gone the other way with very hot extremities.
How does everyone feel about a meet up on 27th July? I did think 20th but that is short notice for everyone. Let me know and then we can get organised.
Bibi enjoy your golf weekend. Xx
Bibi44

Hi Suzy How was your meeting with the surgeon? Is there anything they can do to speed the departure of that very persistent seroma you seem to have? Hope your cold is improved.  We're having a weekend away playing golf ... forecast keeps saying nice weather, but the reality on the day always seems a bit chilly so far. I had a hat on yesterday .. Half way through July.  I did see they were promising 30 by Tuesday, which is a big difficult to imagine.  I'll probably be moaning about the heat by then! This hot flush malarkey sends me from baking to freezing in a few minutes then back again.  It's like my temperature guage is malfunctioning.  xx

SuzyEB

Not too anxious about mammo. Had a good day. The bcn doesn't think I have truncal lymphodema. Seeing surgeon again on Thursday as it looks like another bigish seroma. Didn't want to see him again as I feel like I'm wasting his clinic time. May need another u/s to visualise it.
Cold is starting to ease although sinuses still bunged up. Sounds worse than it is.
Tomorrow is the first of my 4 day week days off. Starting to think this may be a permanent arrangement.
Hope you're feeling ok.xx
Bibi44

Sorry you've got a bug & hope it's gone now Suzy.  The first mammo experience is a little odd.  I wasn't worried about it specifically, I mean it should be clear this year after all the treatment, right?.  My general anxiety levels did rise about 5 days before though. I started having dreams about fighting off the BCN, oncologist & hysband because they were all try to give me more chemo & I wasn't having any of it. You get the picture! On the day I was very calm & it's same day results at our place, so quite momentous waiting to go in. When I walked into the Onc's office, she jumped up with a big smile on her face, gave me a huge hug & said absolutely nothing to worry about. I guess the u/s on the affected side is the important bit for you mx ladies. x

SuzyEB

Have just got appt for first mammo. I can't believe it's been a year already. I hoped it would all be straight forward and didn't expect any if the problems I've had. Not really anxious about it yet.
Got a stinking cold so feeling rough. Seems so trivial after the last year. Good excuse to wrap up in blanket and watch the final with hot drinks.
Definitely cried for Britain when I saw counsellor. Scary how quickly he saw things about me.
Hope everyone is having a good weekend. XXX