62379members
328269posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else here with equine friends?

18 REPLIES 18

Re: Anyone else here with equine friends?

Thank you it's improving!

looking forward to the weekend. Having my haircut; after years of long hair I am enjoying the freedom of the pixie cut!! Didn't lose all my hair with the chemo but even so it's nice to have a full head again!

and a couple of days off work!!

lets hope the dry spell continues

glad you are settling. The citalopram should help.

xx

Ouch! hope it's ok.

Doc good, she's put me on citalopram which I was on a couple of years ago for anxiety. 

Horse back out and happy now it's dried up a bit....which means less mucky stables and less hay nets to fill thank goodness lol

Hope your doc was helpful today.

Glad you had an enjoyable ride. I normally run with a group on Wednesdays but couldn't tonight as I have strained my Achilles. 

Just try and keep going with everything if you can, routine can be a good thing sometimes.

I have relied on it through my treatment, think that's why I have found returning to work hard. Keep thinking I'm going to miss an oncology appointment / scan/ surgical review !!

xx

I'm worried about my shoveling ability afterwards. Feel bad as I probably won't be much help at the yard over Christmas and we all try to help each other out.

Got a docs appointment this morning. Not sure she can help but you know...

Actually enjoyed my ride last night for the first time i ages. My brains tired but my body needs to be tired too and riding definitely helps.

The weather here was awful last night. We are quite high up so there was also the chance of snow. Got up at six am for work and nervously peeked out. Haven't tried out my shovelling ability since my surgery!!!!

Got home this afternoon and walked out to see the donkeys/ goats and they were perfectly happily grazing; they are SO much tougher than us!!

I know the 15 th seems a long way away but it will come round. In a way it gives you time to get used to it all.

If you are like me it's particularly the nights when your mind whirls about all over the place.

And you've got the forum, it's so got me through things. 

Cath x🐴 🐎🐐

Morning cath 😀

Got my dates got to wait til 15th Dec!  I'll join you in feeling shattered I'm 

emotionalyou drained! sigh!

Anyway onwards and upwards. have grumpy ponies cos the fields flooded so they are stuck in stables! 

Hi Emily,

i do, it's Cath!

Didnt realise I hadn't used it

xx

was absolutely shattered today! Still getting used to being back at work ( went back about 2 months ago)

Well done runningfree....do you have a name? lol!

Jane, fell of 14 years ago and smashed my elbow big time...I have sedate horses now. Don't do falling off, we don;t bounce like we used too!!  Loved the Lipizaners. Just amazing!

Was sore but did it !! 1 hr 58 min. Not my best but not my worst!

x

hope all is ok

Dan is lovely.  I haven't ridden for more years than I care to count, but had ponies/horses in the past.  I've done an odd hours trek here and there, but having broken my shoulder 4 years ago, (not falling from a horse, but falling out of a rabbit run!), am much more nervous of falling off.  Hope you enjoyed the Lippizaner horses earlier today.

i tend to go out walking with our little dog to dde stress, although as she's intermittently lame at the moment, am not covering the usual distances.  I suppose at least I won't feel too guilty when I'm out of action.

Good luck!

Hope you are not too sore

That sounds pretty positive!

You can always try running again when all this is behind you

I'm supposed to be running a half marathon on Sunday but tripped two weeks ago

had a black eye ( attractive!) but have developed pain over mastectomy site ( no padding!) so am a bit below par. Also have just had herceptin jab which slows me down further!!

x

Got some results yesterday, have to have op on both as suspicious cells in left breast but both Lymph biopsys clear so I'm feeling more positive.

Lucky you having land off your garden...its what I dream of.

I envy your running, I tried a couple of years ago, did the couch to 5k thingy and actually love it but when winter hit I found it realy hard to keep up. I was doing horses in the dark and getting home in the dark and I lost enthusiasm....maybe I need to think about it again.

xxx

The waiting bit at the start is the worst. You sort of get into the swing of things.

I am a bit further ( exactly a year) down the line. I kept away from the donkeys ( and their goat friends) until I was healed ( think it was about 3 weeks). Got into a routine when I was on chemo ( wore gloves/ got someone else to do the mucky bits!!). Lucky that our land is off the garden. I'm also a runner so kept that up too. I've stayed pretty lively!!

I hope you get your date sorted soon

xxx

Right at the beginings (I want to input a sigh here lol) still waiting for some results but know I have an 11mm ductal carcinomer to be removed so waiting for op date...waiting...waiting ...waiting...I think the horses are keeping me sane, I release all my anxiety when I am with them.

Lol at your Donkeys, good exercise that :-D Love Donkeys. Ive always wanted my own land and to keep my horses at home and I would look at getting a recue Donkey.

Hi Emily

he looks lovely! I have 2 donkeys which I obviously don't ride, just pass the time trying to catch them when the farrier is due!! Keep on doing what makes you feel good ( and normal!!); are you on/ due / had chemo??

x

Highlighted

Thanks Lizzy, he doesn't quite look like that tonight!!! Think more mud Smiley LOL

Hi Emily Taylor, 

Thank you for sharing this lovely picture of your pony. He looks fantastic Smiley Happy.

I am sure user will be along soon to share what makes them feel a little more chilled out. 

Best wishes, 

Lizzy 

Anyone else here with equine friends?

Just wondered as I'm finding my riding really helpful in letting out emotion and giving me something else to think about, as well as making me physically tired. 

I'm lucky to have 2 very laid back ponies. one 12.2 who has a little girl ride him and dan my little cob who is very chilled and won't mind time off when I can't ride. FB_IMG_1479031892531.jpg